IGNORED

Trump 46: Chief Fuckopotamus And #BunkerBitch

GreyhoundFan

24 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

The next time you are updating your resume/CV, be sure and highlight your water drinking and ramp descending abilities.

Not if your name is Trump though. Then you hold a 14 minute rant about it.

An Aussie reporter transcribed it verbatim. Because of its length I've put it under a spoiler. The bolded parts have my comments between brackets in cursive.

“You know, it was interesting. To show you how fake they are. You might have seen it. So last week they called me, and they say, ‘Sir, West Point. West Point. We’re ready.’ I said, ‘Oh that’s right, I have to make a commencement speech at West Point.’ You know they delayed it for six weeks because of COVID. So they delayed it. [He didn't remember he had an appointment?]

“And I went there, 1106 cadets were graduating, and beautiful. Beautiful cadets. So, just to show you how bad the fake news is. So, they say to me, ‘Sir! We’re ready to go.’ I say, ‘Let’s go!’ This is after saying hello to a lot of cadets; inspecting little areas of a building. That was very exciting, actually, it’s beautiful, very old. Studied a lot of our great generals, some of our presidents that went there. West Point is beautiful. Right on the Hudson River.

“But after an hour – the general that runs it is a fantastic guy – after an hour, we land, we do some more inspections and they say, ‘Sir are you ready?’ ‘Yes, I am.’ So we walk like, the equivalent of about three blocks, which was fine. We go on stage, which is fine. They make some speeches, then I make a speech. It lasted a long time, I don’t know, maybe 45 minutes, maybe longer, I don’t know, but a long time.

“The sun is pouring down on me. OK? But they said to me before the speech, ‘Sir! Would you like to salute each cadet, each single cadet? Or maybe they’ll be in groups of two. Would you like to salute? Like this, yes. (He demonstrates a salute for the crowd.) Like this. (He demonstrates it two more times.)

“Almost six hundred times. Do you know what that is? Six huuuundred tiiiiiiiimes. Thank god they were in twos. Cause let me tell you, you do that six hundred times, you go home and you say – it’s like doing a workout without a weight, right? Six hundred times. [IIRC Obama saluted the cadets one by one]

“So I did that. Then the incredible helicopters, brand new, gorgeous helicopters, the Apaches and the other new ones that we just bought, so they fly over. And the kids throw the hats in the air, it’s beautiful, it really is, and it was a beautiful day. And we’re all finished. I was on the stage for hours. Hours! Sun – I came home, I had a nice tan. Meaning I had a nice sunburn. The sun’s going right, like that. (He motions towards his face.)

“But I make the speech. Right? I salute for, probably an hour-and-a-half. Maybe more, but around that. Watch, if I’m off by two minutes, they’ll say, ‘He exaaaaagerated! It was only an hour and 25 minutes. He exaggerated, he lieeeeed. He lied, he’s a liar.’ These people are sick, the fake news. (The crowd boos the reporters behind them.)

“So then, I finish saluting my final salute, I said, ‘Thank goodness, thank you very much.’ (He looks to the heavens.) But think of it. So, essentially, almost six hundred times. Now, the general says, ‘Sir, are you ready?’ I said, ‘I’m ready general. Where are we going now?’ You have to understand, I left early in the morning to get there. Now it’s sort of late in the afternoon. [This is what actually working is. Not something he's used to.]

“A lot of these fakers were with us, so they know. (He points to the reporters, and the crowd jeers again.) He said, ‘Sir! We can now leave the stage.’ I said, ‘That’s great general, let’s go, I’ll follow youuuu.’

“And he goes like this, ‘Right here, sir.’ And I walk off. (He walks away from the microphone, re-enacting the scene. He then shows the crowd the bottom of his shoe, pointing to it and mouthing the word ‘leather’ before returning to the mic. The crowd cheers.) 

“And the stage was higher than this one. And the ramp was probably 10 yards (about nine metres) long. I say, ‘Generaaaal!’ Now you’ve got to understand, I’ve got the whole corps of cadets looking at me. And I want them to love their President; I did this big thing. I love them, I love them, they’re incredible, and they do.

“I said, ‘General! I’ve got myself a problem, general. Because I’m wearing leather-bottomed shoes.’ Which is good if you’re walking on flat surfaces. It’s not good for ramps. And if I fall down – look at all those press back there, look at that. (He once again points at the reporters, sparking more boos.)

“And this was a steel ramp. You all saw it, because everybody saw it. This was a steel ramp, it had no handrail. It was like an ice-skating rink. And I said, ‘General, I have a problem.’ And he didn’t understand that at first.

“I said, ‘There’s no way!’ You understand, I just saluted almost six hundred times, I just made a big speech. I sat for other speeches. I’m being baked. I’m being baked like a cake! I said, ‘General, there’s no way I can make it down that ramp without falling on my ass, general. I have no railing.’ True. It’s true! [For for someone who pretends he's such a tough guy, this 'woe is poor old me' is not a good look]

“So I said, ‘Is there like something else around?’ ‘Sir, the ramp is ready to go! Grab me, sir! Grab me.’ I didn’t really want to grab him. You know why? Because I said, ‘That’ll be a story too.’ So now I have a choice, I can stay up there for another couple of hours and wait till I’m rescued, or I can go down this really steep, really, really really – it’s an ice-skating rink, it’s brutal.

“So I said, ‘General, get ready, because I may grab you so fast.’ Because I can’t fall with the fake news watching. If I fall – I remember when President Ford fell out of the plane. You remember? I remember when another president, nice man, threw up in Japan. And they did slow motion replays. True! Right? It’s true. ‘I don’t want that, general.’ [Of course he's blaming the media for watergait -- look what they made me do! Whaa!]

“Now he’s standing, big strong guy, and he’s got these shoes. But they’re loaded with rubber on the bottom. Cause I looked. The first thing I did, I looked at his shoes. Then I looked at mine. Very, very slippery.

“So I end up saying, ‘OK general, let’s go, I will only grab you if I need you.’ That’s not a good story; falling would be a disaster. It turned out to be worse than anything. I would have been better off if I fell and slid down the damn ramp. Right?

“So what happens, is I start the joouuurney! Inch by inch, right? (He re-enacts walking again.) And I was really bent over too, you know, I didn’t like that. I didn’t like this picture. This picture I’m sure will be an ad by the fakers. So I was bent over, right? (He re-enacts being bent over. The crowd laughs appreciatively.)

“And then we finally reached almost the end! And the fake news, the most dishonest human beings, they cut it off. You know why? Because when I was 10 feet (about three metres) short, I said, ‘General, I’m sorry, I’m -,’ and then I ran down the rest, right? I looked very handsome. That was the only good part. [This self-fellating is a nauseating example of his blatant narcissism.]

“I wouldn’t want to run down the whole thing, because a fall there would definitely be bad. So I took these little steps, I raaaaan down the last 10. And by the way, their tape – take a look. In almost every instance, it ends just before I run. And they said, it was the number one trending story.

“I call my wife. I said, ‘How good was that speech? I thought it was a-’, hey look, I’ll tell you when I make good ones and bad ones. Like, so far, tonight I’m average. But we’re having fun. We’re having fun. So far tonight.

“But I call my wife and I said, ‘How good was it darling?’ She said, ‘You’re trending number one.’ I said, to our great First Lady I said, ‘Let me ask you a question. Was it that good, the speech, that I’m trending number one? Because I felt it was really good.’ ‘No no, they don’t even mention the speech. They mention the fact that you may have Parkinson’s disease. It’s true. It’s truuuee! (More pointing and more booing.)

“They say, ‘There’s something wrooong with our President!’ I’ll let you know if there’s something wrong, OK? I’ll let you know if there’s something – I’ll tell you what, there’s something wrong with Biden. That I can tell you. So then my wife said, ‘Well, it wasn’t only the ramp. Did you have water?’

“I said, ‘Yeah, I was speaking for a long tiiiiime. I didn’t want to drink it, but I wanted to wet my lips a little bit.’ You know, you’re working hard up there with the sun, poouuuring down on you. I love this location, the sun’s like this. (He motions towards his face again.) This way they save on lighting, right? That’s why they did it, probably. [This is just plain weird. Who only wets their lips when they're thirsty?]

“So what happens is, I said, ‘What does it have to do with water?’ They said, ‘You couldn’t lift your hand up to your mouth with water.’ I said, ‘I just saluted six hundred tiiimes! Like this. (He salutes again.) And this was before I saluted. So what’s the problem?’ And she said, ‘Well I know what you did. You had on a very good red tie. That’s sort of expensive.’ It’s silk, because they look better. They have a better sheen to them. [IIRC Obama saluted the cadets one by one... and he never complained or whined about how hard it was.]

And I don’t want to get water on the tie. And I don’t want to drink much. So I lift it up, the water. I see we have a little glass of water, where the hell did this water come from? (He produces a glass of water from under the lectern.) Where did it come from!? And I look down at my tie, because I’ve done it. I’ve taken water, and it spills down onto your tie, it doesn’t look good for a long time. And frankly the tie is never the same. [Trump doesn't realise that by saying he doesn't want get water onto the tie because that happened before, he's actually admitting he can't drink properly without spilling. Which is worse than not being able to lift the glass to his lips, if you ask me.]

“So I put it up to my lip, and then I say – because I don’t want it! Just in case. (He re-enacts taking a sip of water.) And they gave me another disease. They gave me another disease. (He drinks some water. The crowd goes bananas. He throws the glass away. The crowd starts chanting, ‘Four more years!’)

“Anyway that’s a long story. But here’s the story. I have lived with the ramp and the water since I left West Point. Not one media group said I made a good speech, or I made a great speech.

“But the kids loved it because they broke their barrier, which wasn’t good in terms of COVID. But they broke their barrier and they wanted to shake hands, they wanted to – and I don’t want to tell anybody, but there were a couple of kids, they put out their hand; I actually shook their hand. OK? I actually shook it. Cause they were excited. They were excited! [Way to go, admitting you potentially exposed them, or yourself, to Covid19. Plus, if you really didn't want to tell anybody, why are you blurting this out during a recorded rally that can be seen across the whole damn world?]

“They were with their President, they were excited. The most beautiful, young people. Men, women. The most beautiful young people you’ve ever seen. Think about how you feel, if you’re me. [I'd actually rather not imagine what it's like to be you, thank you very much. The mind-blowing egocentric jenius would scar me for life.]

“So I go there. ‘How did I do?’ ‘Sir, that was a great speech.’ You know, all my people. ‘Sir, that was one of your best, that was great.’ And I say, ‘That’s great, I agree, it was a good speech. I liked that speech.’

They don’t mention the speech. But they have me going down this ramp at an inch at a time. It’s soooo unfair. It really is. Soooo unfair. They are among the most dishonest people anywhere on Earth. They’re bad people. Bad people. OK, that’s enough of that. I wanted to tell that story.” [Whaa, whaa, whaa! They're being mean me! ]

• Thank You 11

Trump on how to be an ostrich:image.png.c56898d70de7cbcec7b529908b0e9739.png

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 4

Oops. Just saw this thread after posting about the rally in Trump's thread. That's what you get for not checking the whole thread list before you start snarking early on Sunday morning.

Stop laughing. The above tweet is not a joke!

• Haha 14

Guess what I'm reading today.

• Haha 7
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Exactly! If leather bottom shoes were Trump's issue, then why wasn't the general having problems?

Just think how they'll react when he starts cutting up his own meat. :pb_rollseyes:

If you don't keep track of how much money you have in the bank, you can never be overdrawn.

If I don’t look at the cat box, I’ll never have to scoop it. 
The Zoomers who ordered all those tickets stopped by for a photo op

E59CF391-FDAF-4CAA-944F-19364F936360.jpeg

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 4
  • Love 4

11 hours ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

I have seen better attendance at a Brady Bunch convention in Bumblef—k, Ohio where the only attraction was “Fake Jan”.  

Oooh, I would have loved to attend a BB convention, even with fake Jan!

• Upvote 5

A great take on last night's party: "Trump’s rally looked like his vision of America. Limited and pitiless."

The president paused for dramatic effect before he walked onstage at his Tulsa rally. He was silhouetted under a blue and white “Make America Great Again” banner and against an American flag. And in the few seconds that he stood basking in adulation, he resembled a giant black rectangle. A massive, inanimate void.

When he emerged into the light, he walked into the cheering embrace of a mostly unmasked crowd bedecked in red Trump hats and MAGA T-shirts, along with the occasional QAnon tank top and “Don’t Tread on Me” pullover.

It’s tempting to say that it was a crowd that didn’t look anything like America because it appeared to be so lacking in diversity — so overwhelmingly white. But, in fact, the crowd looked precisely like America does in more than a few suburbs, counties and hollers. In churches and offices. In the president’s inner circle. There were only a few brown faces sprinkled directly behind the president’s lectern, along with a small cluster of them under “Black Voices for Trump” signs.

Such a homogenous throng might be jarring to some. For others, it’s completely normal and right. For the president, it was like coming home.

The crowd also looked like the America that baffles so much of the world in the midst of a pandemic. It was a snapshot of an America that refuses to wear face masks even as science has argued that doing so is one of the few ways to fight the spread of the coronavirus.

Masks are not for one’s own good, but for the public good. It would be easy to explain this lapse on this country’s tradition of rugged individualism. But sometimes cruel selfishness gums up our understanding of personal freedom.

The crowd, draped in the red, white and blue of the flag, looked like an America determined to celebrate the rah-rah idea of our national identity, not one ready to wrestle with the uncomfortable, challenging nuances of it. How else could folks cheer a president after he suggested a new law punishing flag burning — or as the Supreme Court has called it, “symbolic speech” that’s protected by the First Amendment?

The crowd didn’t fill the 19,000 seats of the BOK Center. The upper tiers of the arena were mostly empty. There were no people to overflow into the outdoor, overflow festival space where the president and Vice President Pence were supposed to speak. And so that stage was dismantled. But there were still plenty of people who sat through the president’s nearly two hour campaign speech — no small portion of which was taken up by an elaborate narration and pantomime explaining why he’d had so much trouble walking down a ramp after a speech to West Point graduates earlier this month and why he needed two hands to drink from a glass of water.

It was a long, rambling performance with the president lamenting that he surely must have saluted some 600 times and by God, it was so hot that day and the ramp was like an ice-skating rink and he was wearing leather sole shoes. As far as he was concerned, he really should have been cheered for making it down that ramp unscathed instead of being mocked in the media. So perhaps it made him feel better when the Tulsa crowd — his crowd — applauded after he theatrically drank a glass of water onstage with only one hand and didn’t dribble any of it on his tie.

It was Trump’s crowd. Everything is his. Everything is because of him. “We — I — have done a phenomenal job,” he said about the federal government’s response to the pandemic. “I saved hundreds of thousands of lives.”

The coronavirus and the disease it causes, covid-19, have riled Trump almost as much as his political opponents or the news media. He has given this plague derogatory nicknames, calling it the “Chinese virus” and the “Kung flu,” as if he can insult it into submission. He lamented the rising case numbers that have been detected through increased testing and admitted that he said to officials, “Slow the testing down please.” And his crowd was unbothered by this comment — whether it was horrifying truth or an attempt at humor at a time when the American death toll from the virus continues to rise.

The vice president warmed up the arena. He mentioned the terrible death of George Floyd, but then quickly directed the attention to the destruction of property, to praising the members of law enforcement and reassuring the audience that the president would not be defunding the police. Everyone chants, “sleepy Joe, sleepy Joe” — Trump’s latest nickname for Joe Biden, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee.

As Pence exited the stage, he reassured everyone that Trump would “make America great again, again” — which was far too many adverbs in one short sentence. Perhaps, if we just keep it simple and try to make America great — for everybody. That’s challenging enough.

But Trump is not an everybody wins sort of president. Some people soar and others don’t. He stood at the microphone, pinching at the air with his hands, ruminating and fulminating until everything becomes a blur of interminable, unearned preening. He has been draining the swamp, he says, even as so many of his former staff accuse him of being the slimiest of all its monsters.

He bragged about saving the nation’s capital from civic unrest in the aftermath of Floyd’s death in police custody; even though predominantly peaceful protesters were set upon with chemical agents and rubber bullets.

He knows about racial justice. He practically invented racial justice, says the self-proclaimed law and order president who had no idea of the meaning of Juneteenth, which was when his rally was originally scheduled, even though for three years his own White House has been sending out proclamations recognizing it.

He extolled the virtues of policing in Tulsa but offered no thoughtful consideration of the 1921 riot in which white residents — aided by law enforcement — destroyed a prosperous black enclave and killed its residents.

And then with his chest thrust forward he boasted: “I’ve done more for the black community in four years than Joe Biden has done in 47 years.”

And his crowd, his America, roared.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 9

4 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Oops. Just saw this thread after posting about the rally in Trump's thread. That's what you get for not checking the whole thread list before you start snarking early on Sunday morning.

Stop laughing. The above tweet is not a joke!

And he threw the glass to the side. He littered! And got additional cheering!

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 1

Amber Phillips did a helpful analysis: "5 takeaways from Trump’s Tulsa rally"

President Trump held his first campaign rally in three months Saturday. Here are the takeaways from it.

1. Trump elevates violent rhetoric against protesters

A day before the rally, he tweeted this:

The White House tried to say Trump was making threats only about violent protesters, but the tweet clearly includes “protesters.”

As the rally was getting started and it was clear that the campaign’s expected crowd size fell short by thousands, the campaign sent out a statement blaming, in part, a few hundred protesters outside the convention center for blocking or intimidating rally goers from coming in. (Reporters on the ground before the rally said they saw no indication that was the case.)

At the rally, Trump threatened protesters again, this time with his own supporters: “We had a bunch of maniacs come and sort of attack our city,” Trump said of what had been nonviolent protests outside his rally. “The mayor and the governor did a great job, but they were very violent people. And our people are not nearly as violent. But if they ever were, it would be a terrible, terrible day for the other side, because I know our people,” he said to cheers. “I know our people. We will never submit to their threats, and we will never let them destroy our nation.”

At the end of the rally he threw this in: “When you see those lunatics all over the streets, it’s damn nice to have arms.”

Trump has demonstrated little patience with those who protest his policies and, most recently, with Black Lives Matter protesters. When the two causes converged at his campaign rally, which was held in the city of the nation’s worst racial massacres in the 20th century and in the middle of a nationwide reckoning on race, Trump made a point to scapegoat them.

2. ‘Kung Flu,’ a testing slowdown and other flippant comments about the coronavirus

Trump’s decision to hold a rally in a state where coronavirus cases are rising, ignoring local health officials who asked him to postpone, already demonstrated his lack of concern for spreading it.

But his comments Saturday underscored that Trump sees political strength in downplaying the virus’s threat — and using language one of his own advisers described as offensive to describe it.

“I said to my people, slow down the testing,” Trump said, making the connection to increased testing for a rise in cases — though in states with rising cases, such as Arizona and Texas, hospitalizations are also increasing. (A White House official told The Washington Post Trump was joking.)

He recalled hearing of a child who was infected with the coronavirus and brushing it off as a 10-year-old “with sniffles.” He said, to cheers, that he shook U.S. Military Academy cadets’ hands.

He also described the coronavirus, which emanated from China, as “Kung Flu” — one of “19 or 20 names” for the virus, he said.

When White House senior adviser Kellyanne Conway was asked in March about reports that someone in the White House used that term to a reporter, here’s how she responded: “That’s highly offensive. So, you should tell us all who it is. I’d like to know who it is.”

Trump has spent weeks launching a culture war against wearing masks. (Masks were certainly not prevalent among rally attendees, even though the Trump campaign handed them out.) It seems as if he wants to launch one against the very existence of the virus that has killed 120,000 Americans.

3. No attempt to salve racial tensions

Trump had delayed the rally in Tulsa after uproar over its originally scheduled date of Friday, which was Juneteenth, the holiday commemorating the emancipation of slaves. He rescheduled, but the backdrop remained the past few weeks of a national reckoning on racial injustice.

Trump focused on protesters taking down statues of the Founding Fathers such as Thomas Jefferson and George Washington and bashed those who “want to demolish our heritage.”

He made no mention of Black Lives Matter or police brutality, and said how he’ll defend law enforcement. He brought up Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) and Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.), American citizens who he tweeted in the past year should “go home.”

Using racially inflammatory and offensive language is nothing new for Trump. But the protests in the wake of George Floyd’s killing have broad approval, including among a majority of Republicans, according to a recent Washington Post-Schar School poll.

4. Explaining 'the ramp and the water’

At Trump’s commencement speech at the U.S. Military Academy a week ago, he used two hands to raise his water glass to his mouth then walked very cautiously down a ramp to get off the stage.

Ever sensitive to media coverage, Trump gave a lengthy explanation of the incident. He had been tired after spending all day in the sun and saluting hundreds of graduating cadets. After his speech was done, he said he found that he has to walk down a ramp with leather-soled shoes. “General, I’ve got myself a problem,” Trump recalled saying to the general guiding him where to go. “General, because I’m wearing leather bottom shoes, which is good if you’re walking on flat surfaces. It’s not good for ramps. And if I fall down, look at all those press back here.”

On the glass of water, he indicated his arms were tired from saluting cadets, which he compared to lifting weights, and said he didn’t want to risk getting water on his red tie: “I just saluted. Six hundred times like this.”

He then drank water at his podium in Tulsa, with one hand, and the crowd cheered.

5. Weaving old with the new for a 2020 campaign pitch

Much of Trump’s reelection pitch is the same as when he was trying to get into the White House: Describing violence by the MS-13 gang, opposing abortion, casting Washington as out of touch and promising economic prosperity to America’s central regions and an even more conservative Supreme Court.

There are some notable updates, now that he knows his opponent will be former vice president Joe Biden. He spent considerable time attacking Biden, including on:

• Biden’s health: “There’s something wrong with Biden,” Trump said, wrapping up his water and ramp explanation by pointing back to him.
  • Biden’s lack of campaigning in crowds during the pandemic: “Biden remains silent in his basement in the face of this brutal assault on our nation and the values of our nation.”
  • Biden’s record on China, a subject on which the Trump campaign put together a hugely misleading ad in April: “Biden is a puppet for China.”
  • Attempting to recast the Democratic Party as being led by politicians more liberal than Biden: “Joe Biden is not the leader of his party. Joe Biden is a helpless puppet of the radical left.”

• Thank You 7

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

Oh man, I FLOVED that show! “Send it to ZOOM, Z-Double-O-M, Box three-five-oh, Boston, Mass., Oh-two-one-three-fooooooour...Send it to ZOOM!

And I thought the 2020 slogan was “KEEP America Great”? ?

• Upvote 4
  • Love 4

24 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Amber Phillips did a helpful analysis: "5 takeaways from Trump’s Tulsa rally"

I didn't know George was half Filipino, so I looked him up on Wikipedia. There's some good there, but it's overshadowed by the bad.

In 1984, Conway graduated from Harvard College magna cum laude with an A.B. degree in biochemistry, where William A. Haseltine served as his faculty advisor [4]. Three years later, he obtained his J.D. degree from Yale Law School, where he was an editor of the Yale Law Journal and president of the school's chapter of the Federalist Society.[5][6]

Conway is married to Kellyanne Conway (née Fitzpatrick), counselor to President Trump. Conway had known of Kellyanne from her television appearances, and in the late 1990s he saw her on the cover of a society magazine and called Ann Coulter for an introduction.[10] The couple married in 2001.[33] They have four children[33] and live in Washington, D.C. Prior to Trump's presidency, the family lived in Alpine, New Jersey.[33] Conway previously dated conservative pundit Laura Ingraham in the late 1990s.

• Thank You 7

13 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

LOL. I was thinking about doing that but I didn’t want to give out my email or cell number

I bet most of them provided phony info.  Today's teens are pretty wise about certain things.  Bless those meddling kids!

• Upvote 12
  • Love 3

The Tulsa fire department said that under 6,200 people were at the rally.  The BOK center holds 19,200.  And this was Trump's big kick-off for his campaign heading into the election.  Excuse me --  I'm just going to be over here in my chair laughing my ass off.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 1

Here's to the TikTok and K-pop fans taking down Fuckopotamus.  Will this be the rise of TikTok as a political action tool?  How many Repugs are running to find out what TikTok is? May they continue their trolling....

TikTok users troll the Tump Campaign 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/21/politics/tiktok-trump-tulsa-rally/index.html

• Upvote 12

3 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

I went to school with one of those Zoom girls in the photo.  I didn't have any classes with her and she was a year older, but she was totally shunned by her classmates.  Guess you can't be even semi-famous in public high school.

I'm dying to see what Sarah Cooper does with the material from the rally.  It will be hard to pick highlights, but the 20 minute rant about the ramp and the water glass was astounding. This country is dealing with multiple crises and this pathetic person pretending to be the leader of the free world can only babble about people making fun of his old-man ramp walk and his inability to drink a glass of water with one hand. The level of narcissism is breathtaking.

Oh, and I always request rally tickets. I have an email account I use for online purchases only and I use that. I thought it was already a thing?  It still shouldn't have prevented the rabid fans of Dear Leader from making it into the arena. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Genius. Absolute genius.

• Haha 10
  • Love 5

3 hours ago, JMarie said:

And he threw the glass to the side. He littered! And got additional cheering!

Was the glass made of glass or was it a plastic picnic tumbler that looks like a glass? Nosey minds want to know.  

• Upvote 2

The Lincoln Project has the video up of Trump's walk from the helicopter into the White House.  They're calling it "the walk of shame".  (If you watch it, notice how Donny's pompadour is flattened.  He must have put on that ridiculous MAGA cap on the way home.)  They've also labeled the rally "The Emptysburgh Address".

ETA:  Removing the link.  fraurosena beat me to it!

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

15 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Genius. Absolute genius.

Gold Jerry! GOLD! 

• I Agree 5
  • Love 2

Brad Parscale has a sad.

He fails to explain why he crowed about a million people attending, or why there were only 6000 actually there. Blaming the MSM for putting the fear of Covid in followers is bunk; we all know Trump fans only watch Faux. Blaming protesters is also bunk; nobody showed up to be blocked by protesters.

By the way, it's true the TikTok and K-pop fans did not influence the number of attendees in the slightest. Parscale even admits this himself:

"... every rally is general admission -- entry is on a first come first served basis and prior registration is not required." 

Which makes it even more poignant that there were so few Trump fans at the rally. 

And this makes everything doubly hilarious. 

Edited by fraurosena
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 6

Love the name of this thread.  I watched the Mango Bunker Bitch's rally  Covid Party with a little help from vodka tonics and live Facebook comments while my son and boyfriend hung onto every inarticulate word and lie coming from the the Orange Asshole's mouth.  I was shocked to learn that as a Dem I don't want police, I want to cancel the 2nd Amendment, and I think 4th term abortion is real and I support it.   The bar is set so low for Trump.  He references Covid in a racist manner- his base cheers!  He walks- his base cheers!  He drinks water- his base cheers.  Have them sign a release to not hold anyone accountable if they get Covid at the party- they cheer.

Edited by PsyD2013
punctuation
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

*Muttley snigger*

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6

Well, I shared something in Facebook about the tik  tok ticket grabbing.  One of my conservative makes friends then policed my post. Because my enjoying this issue was bad (because they took tickets from people who wanted to be there). I replied with a stop policing my posts (he’s done this before) his reply (and you all knew he replied, heck I knew he would reply) went to ‘just because you don’t like Trump’ bs and I hit the block button.  Done.  Do trying to figure out how a gay man (but hasn’t acted in it because religion) who ha Pacific Islander ancestry (not white) can support that asshole (and the answer is religion, he’s voting the abortion issue) is beyond me,  

I'm tired of people with no common sense trying to explain that man to me.  

• Upvote 11
  • WTF 2

Predictable reaction, but still made me laugh.

Trump 'furious' about 'underwhelming' crowd at Tulsa rally

President Donald Trump is "furious" at the "underwhelming" crowd at his rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on Saturday evening, a major disappointment for what was expected to be a raucous return to the campaign trail after a three-month hiatus due to the coronavirus pandemic, according to multiple people close to the White House.

The president was fuming at his top political aides on Saturday even before the rally began, after his campaign revealed that six members of the advance team on the ground in Tulsa had tested positive for COVID-19, including Secret Service personnel, a person familiar with the discussions said.

Trump asked those around him why that information was exposed and expressed annoyance that the coverage ahead of his mega-rally was dominated by that revelation.

While the Trump re-election effort boasted it would fill the BOK Center that seats more than 19,000 people, only 6,200 supporters ultimately filled the general admission sections of the enclosed arena, the Tulsa fire marshal told NBC News.

The campaign was so confident about high turnout that it set up an overflow area that was expected to attract thousands. But that plan was scrapped last-minute when only dozens gathered at the time the vice president and president were set to address the crowd before the official rally inside.

"It’s politics 101, you under-promise and over-deliver," a Trump ally explained, conceding the missteps the Trump 2020 team took in the lead up to the event by touting that nearly one million people had responded to requests for admission.

Much of the blame is falling to campaign manager Brad Parscale, who in the days leading up the event aggressively touted the number of registrations, but those close to him stress his job is safe, for now.

Last month, after dismal polling revealed the president is trailing the presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden in key battleground states that Trump won in 2016, Parscale was reprimanded and a deputy was brought in to help steer the ship.

There are growing concerns among Trump campaign officials that neither the president nor the 2020 team have a coherent message for why he should serve a second term. Saturday evening’s meandering, nearly two-hour rally speech, is the latest evidence of a lack of a targeted strategy to attack Biden, with less than five months to go until the general election.

Many issues could have contributed to the poor attendance in Tulsa: a fear of contracting the virus, concern over potential protests and torrential thunderstorms in 95-degree heat. But outside advisers see the visuals of empty seats overshadowing Trump’s remarks as a significant problem for a president and campaign that are both obsessed with optics.

“This was a major failure,” one outside adviser said.

• Upvote 13

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic