IGNORED

Jinjer 53: Telework, Teleschool, or Telenothing?

Coconut Flan

Jinger looks tired, like she's pregnant with a toddler at home. My DD is 16 weeks pregnant and looks about the same as Jinger. She'd also feel a bit awkward for the first several episodes of a new podcast. When I listen to the beginning of a new podcast and compare that to later episodes, it's always interesting to hear how the speakers have evolved and gotten more comfortable over time.

• Upvote 4

I have a real gripe with all the “only-jesus-can-cure-racism-and-all-other-systemic-injustice” Christians. 

There is never any self-reflection, only dogma and profit. 

They are the embodiment of what MLK called the white moderate. 

You better believe a lot of evangelicals are eating up the trendy, pseudo-intellectual, ‘Christ-centered’ Vuolos. 

Edited by Jinder Roles
  • Upvote 15
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1

@Jinder Roles, you've reminded me of a huge problem (one of many) I had with Promise Keepers:  they talked about racial reconciliation at lot, but NEVER about racial justice.  

• Upvote 14

@PennySycamore The church my parents currently attend don’t even do that. Yesterday they had a black man preach about letting Jesus rid you of “unclean spirits” 

And yet they support Focus on the Family and are fawn at Liberty University 

P.s: This is what Jeremy looks like but that cat is cuter. 

9A19CD46-6B3E-4E01-8584-935447A79A79.jpeg.94387034423379ca2dd80b28b1000ecc.jpeg

Edited by Jinder Roles
  • Upvote 16
  • Haha 24
  • Love 4

I listened.

I actually thought Jinger had more intelligent things to say about hope than Jer. Jer basically spewed Names, Numbers and Verses without ever bringing his thoughts home.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I listened.

I actually thought Jinger had more intelligent things to say about hope than Jer. Jer basically spewed Names, Numbers and Verses without ever bringing his thoughts home.

because that is what Jeremy's type will do - they won't share their inner thoughts because they think just spewing the stuff is enough 

the vicar is like that - then she turns to me and ask if I think it's also amazing -

i roll my eyes a lot behind her. 

38 minutes ago, nst said:

because that is what Jeremy's type will do - they won't share their inner thoughts because they think just spewing the stuff is enough 

the vicar is like that - then she turns to me and ask if I think it's also amazing -

i roll my eyes a lot behind her. 

Female Vicar. Now I would go to church every dam Sunday if I had a vicar like the Vicar of Dibley. Now that’s a church I could attend. Sigh.. I think I would like a nice community church to attend. But my lack of desire to “join” and fear of indoctrination is just to much. Off topic I know. But I Dawn French. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

The podcast is already rated as one of the top religion podcast on Apple

I wonder if that’s down to their band of influencer elves endorsing each other- they seemed to have engaged someone to raise their profile. It’s a bit like Trump’s staff buying all Don Jr’s books so he can say it’s a bestseller. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

49 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Female Vicar. Now I would go to church every dam Sunday if I had a vicar like the Vicar of Dibley. Now that’s a church I could attend. Sigh.. I think I would like a nice community church to attend. But my lack of desire to “join” and fear of indoctrination is just to much. Off topic I know. But I Dawn French. 

she is south african...and she is younger than me. 

but she is an academic 

so I know how to deal with academics whereas I am not one - but worked for one for 8 years. They are a different breed.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Skeptic55 said:

Jinger posting pictures of her in gym shorts now.

Trying to grift a home gym? 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, Skeptic55 said:

Jinger posting pictures of her in gym shorts now.

Active wear to form fitting? The shorts surprise  me but then again so would active wear maybe ?‍♀️ I know Alyssa wears fabletics. I think some duggar girls pushed it too. 

• Upvote 1

Me when I saw the picture:  doesn’t change the crappy beliefs or Jeremy’s giant ego.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

I just do not understand people who post endless photos of themselves on social media.  The sheer vanity and self absorption needed to do that blows my mind.   
I love my Instagram but most of my posts and are about things that interest me: books, nature, the garden, house design, art... etc.   I know it’s common on Instagram, but I get so tired of vapid people posting selfies and curated pictures of themselves and their rambling thoughts.  
In the end, it’s whatever, of course.  I don’t follow people like that because they annoy me, but I do find it a bit sad that there is such a self-absorbed culture out there. 

Edited by treehugger
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 6

27 minutes ago, treehugger said:

I just do not understand people who post endless photos of themselves on social media.  The sheer vanity and self absorption needed to do that blows my mind.   
I love my Instagram but most of my posts and are about things that interest me: books, nature, the garden, house design, art... etc.   I know it’s common on Instagram, but I get so tired of vapid people posting selfies and curated pictures of themselves and their rambling thoughts.  
In the end, it’s whatever, of course.  I don’t follow people like that because they annoy me, but I do find it a bit sad that there is such a self-absorbed culture out there. 

On a person level I agree 100%, but we also have to remember that this gal was brainwashed by her parents in to thinking that selling one’s life, private moments and anonymity away for easy money was normal and wholesome. Further, she is repeating the pattern.   

• Upvote 8

Got to keep the money flowing and keep their fans interested I guess.  Even bad publicity is good publicity. When  Jinger and Jill started wearing pants, that sparked interests in people who stopped watching the show. Ratings were really high for Jill's engagement and wedding. After that everything was pretty normal with your regular courtships and pregnancies. Then boom....OMG, Jinger is seen wearing shorts. Don't forget to add in Josh's scandal. The Duggars truly have some die hard fans, because I thought that scandal was the end.

• Upvote 6

I don’t see these two sinking into obscurity without a fight. Jeremy didn’t take all that grilling from JB and invest months transforming his jean skirt/baggy cardigan fiancée into a blonde trophy wife so he could work for a living! 

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 14

Jeremy will leave the ministry before he leaves LA and before leaves tv "fame" behind. If he has to coach soccer at a public school to do it, he will justify it as his new ministry.   

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

20 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Jeremy will leave the ministry before he leaves LA and before leaves tv "fame" behind. If he has to coach soccer at a public school to do it, he will justify it as his new ministry.   

I think Jeremy has a good shot at getting a soccer coach gig at a fancy fundy-lite church school.

[what my family in the South used to call **cough** Segregation Academies]

• Upvote 15

I agree @HereticHick

Jeremy and Jinger will be in LA for a while even if Masters Seminary and a cushy pastor's gig don't work out. 

Edited by Pecansforeveryone
Double post
  • Upvote 10

7 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I think Jeremy has a good shot at getting a soccer coach gig at a fancy fundy-lite church school.

[what my family in the South used to call **cough** Segregation Academies]

That can't possibly pay enough to support a family, could it?  Teachers at private religious schools make very little and unless he's doing both I can't imagine coaching soccer would be more than a lower paid part time job?  Maybe I'm wrong.

• Upvote 4

Someone should really do a good investigative journalism piece on how much money various types of influencers make and how much typical Instagram ads and promotions make. For anyone who follows/followed the whole Taza debacle, many were shocked that they seemingly had to flee NYC the moment sponsorships dried up, presumably because they assumed the Tazas had tons of cash from years of their influencer gig. But clearly not. 

I'd love to know the real numbers for all the Jingers and Jeremies of the world.

• Upvote 8

50 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

That can't possibly pay enough to support a family, could it?  Teachers at private religious schools make very little and unless he's doing both I can't imagine coaching soccer would be more than a lower paid part time job?  Maybe I'm wrong.

No but I bet down the line he could end up at a conservative Christian college coaching....Like Liberty or Campbell, etc. 

• Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic