IGNORED

Jinjer 53: Telework, Teleschool, or Telenothing?

Coconut Flan

Ugh, knowing what misogyny this child will be raised in makes me feel sad they're having a girl. Free Baby Vuolo! 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

You can get an ultrasound to look at the sex or a blood test to do at home for under 100 bucks. Them knowing that she's having a female child way earlier than this is normal and has zero to do with choices or genetic screenings.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Some states offer the early test to everyone for free (NY for example). She may also have been given additional testing since she just had a miscarriage. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

Joy mentioned having genetic testing early on with her current pregnancy because they were concerned about her previous loss, and a molar pregnancy. Perhaps Jinger had blood work done because of her recent miscarriage? 

• Upvote 9

I know next to nothing about the pregnancy testing but I’m glad to see more second generation apparently using real obstetrical providers rather than the questionably trained “midwives” it seems others have used. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

I do think it looks like them.

I don’t think you can say that she’s “definitely not pregnant” in that pic. The angle, her arm over her abdomen, stripes... can all contribute to making a belly appear smaller.
Also, could’ve been taken a few weeks ago, before she started showing, and Jeremy is just posting it now

82D3F86A-52AC-40EB-A352-7B5051111351.jpeg

oh, this HAS to be their bodies. Nobody clings like Jinge.

• I Agree 1

1 hour ago, pumpkie0 said:

so are we guessing that the trip out to ca to visit them was after the miscarriage

When did Jinger visit Arkansas with just Felicity & not Jeremy? At the time there was speculation that was filmed as there were 2 versions of the ladies breakfast- one with and one without Jill.

42 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

When did Jinger visit Arkansas with just Felicity & not Jeremy? At the time there was speculation that was filmed as there were 2 versions of the ladies breakfast- one with and one without Jill.

That was March 1st. She may not have known she was pregnant yet, or had just found out.

19 hours ago, metheglyn said:

Based on the timing of that gingerbread house reveal (pre-Christmas)...they did that filming *right* before the miscarriage. Yikes. And so yeah, the miscarriage will, by default, now be a storyline.

That's three known miscarriages for three separate Duggar couples within 13 months, all of which became storylines. I'm honestly not sure what message that carries for the show, whether it's an honesty-ish thing or a ratings thing. It could be both. It's certainly different than how Anna's miscarriage(s?) were handled in 19K&C early in J&A's marriage. And regardless of how I feel about babies being born into the Duggar-collective, I do feel for the parents in those cases.

Actually, we still don't have any indication that Joy's late miscarriage with Annabelle will be a storyline. The show (last season + the new teaser) show she is pregnant, but there is NO footage more recent than the photoshoot. I'm hoping JoStin were not filmed during their ultrasound or the induction. 

CO is always filming, is my default assumption. Even in 2015 during public scandal, TLC was filming (we've heard about hours of unused footage from Jessa's first pregnancy + all the first-season CO footage).

• Upvote 6

My Instagram is full of pictures of JinJer for reasons that are unclear to me, but I have to say this— their kissing pictures are awful. Unpleasant pecks with no feeling or passion behind them. They almost make Jill and Derick look good. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Actually, we still don't have any indication that Joy's late miscarriage with Annabelle will be a storyline. The show (last season + the new teaser) show she is pregnant, but there is NO footage more recent than the photoshoot. I'm hoping JoStin were not filmed during their ultrasound or the induction. 

CO is always filming, is my default assumption. Even in 2015 during public scandal, TLC was filming (we've heard about hours of unused footage from Jessa's first pregnancy + all the first-season CO footage).

The OP was talking about Jinjer's miscarriage not Joy's stillbirth/miscarriage. 

15 hours ago, RainbowSky said:

You can get an ultrasound to look at the sex or a blood test to do at home for under 100 bucks. Them knowing that she's having a female child way earlier than this is normal and has zero to do with choices or genetic screenings.

Thanks for that. As far as I know the at home tests you mentioned are not available in Australia. That’s why I was so hung up on the medical side. I have never known anyone to find out be gender (so early and correctly) from any other way than from genetic testing. 
that being said. I have not been wrong in an “angle of the dangle” guess of a 12 week ultrasound pic yet lol. 

• I Agree 1

6 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

The OP was talking about Jinjer's miscarriage not Joy's stillbirth/miscarriage. 

"three known miscarriages for three separate Duggar couples within 13 months, all of which became storylines". That's the only part I was refuting. It's very clear JinJer's miscarriage will be featured, from the teaser, and SiRen's whole plotline the last season ever-so-tactfully was their miscarriage....which is why I said I'm glad we haven't seen any footage implying Joy's. If JoStin are in the new season at all (which they may not even be based on the trailer....) I'm sure Annabel will be mentioned but hopefully not a whole extended spiel. Then again, JoStin may just fade out like Jill did. 

• Upvote 2

I suspect Joy and Austin will continue making cameos. They are are steeped in the kool aid and on good terms with JB, but I don’t think Austin takes well to being in JB’s employ. They will not step out a la the Dillards. TLC won’t have to creatively edit them away, but I can’t see them being the primary story line or doing talking heads. They were clearly over the TV show long ago.

• Upvote 10

Yeah, I think Austin is over being on the show. I can see cameos and Austin playing nicer than Derrick. However, there are so many Duggars that one couple stepping back won't make or break it.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

"three known miscarriages for three separate Duggar couples within 13 months, all of which became storylines". That's the only part I was refuting. It's very clear JinJer's miscarriage will be featured, from the teaser, and SiRen's whole plotline the last season ever-so-tactfully was their miscarriage....which is why I said I'm glad we haven't seen any footage implying Joy's. If JoStin are in the new season at all (which they may not even be based on the trailer....) I'm sure Annabel will be mentioned but hopefully not a whole extended spiel. Then again, JoStin may just fade out like Jill did. 

That's a fair point. Joy's miscarriage itself hasn't (yet) been covered on the show, although her being pregnant with Annabelle was. It's been so long since it happened, and there's been so much coverage in other media directly from the Duggars (instagram, youtube, news articles) that I guess I forgot that the show hasn't even reached that far into the timeline, since Joy's miscarriage happened a couple weeks after the last covered event of the latest season (Mary's death on June 9).

So the pregnancy was documented on the show, just like Jinger's apparently will be, and thus they've become storylines to that extent, but we don't know how they'll handle the outcome and aftermath of either. Since both pregnancies were announced on the show I can't imagine the show will be able to just *ignore* either miscarriage, but we don't know how they'll be handled.

They did show a shot from Joy's gender reveal announcement from her current pregnancy (the same one she had on her YouTube channel).

• Thank You 1

On 5/30/2020 at 10:57 AM, mpheels said:

I suspect Joy and Austin will continue making cameos. They are are steeped in the kool aid and on good terms with JB, but I don’t think Austin takes well to being in JB’s employ. They will not step out a la the Dillards. TLC won’t have to creatively edit them away, but I can’t see them being the primary story line or doing talking heads. They were clearly over the TV show long ago.

It's possible that JoStin could be like Anna, mentioned (and giving occasional side-commentary like Anna did in the garden party episode and the photoshoot episode) but not *actual part of the cast* like the rest. Joy might appear with the group, like at the TTH or sister shopping trip or something, and be like "I was pregnant and unfortunately lost the baby, it was a hard time, relied on the lord, family and hubby were so supportive" and that be it. Honestly, that's what I'd like to see from her. Orrrrrrr there's plenty of real plotline footage of her and she just didn't make the cut into the season preview ?

• Upvote 1

JereME hosted an IG live earlier this evening to discuss current events. I am sad to report that a year in seminary has not improved his preaching. He's still boring and pedantic. 

• Upvote 22
  • Haha 1

What exactly did he have to say? I'm fascinated by how these churches try to address racism while remaining politically reactionary.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

He really didn't directly address it other than to say it was hard to watch. He was more into quoting the bible to explain why he waited to say anything. Then he quoted Titus 3 and Revelations 21 to explain that the world has always been cursed and that heaven is perfect. 

It was a horrible sermon, and he was getting roasted in the comments. The highlight of the entire mess is when someone noticed that Gabby Barrett joined the chat. Yet another self-righteous idiot.

• Upvote 15
  • Thank You 8

Jeremy: you have to continually live a shitty life but it is going to be AMAZING once you die and go into heaven ❤️

Also don't forget that statement on social justice he signed last year!!

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 6

Yeah and apparently according the Jeremy a lot of ppl had been asking for his input. Really? It's sad to think that anyone would be clamoring for Jeremy Vuolo's opinion on race relations. The man can't even acknowledge a single issue and his entire understanding of anything is "world is bad, satan is bad, this is all satans fault....god good, jesus good, heaven good. listen to me, go to heaven."  Meanwhile ignore that he pushes incentives that actively fuck ppl over in this life. But it's just satan yall.

• Upvote 22

• Coconut Flan locked this topic