IGNORED

Jinjer 53: Telework, Teleschool, or Telenothing?

Coconut Flan

10 hours ago, Zebedee said:

Jinger is pregnant. It's a girl, apparently. 

because they know the gender so early, I have to presume they had the genetic testing. I found out about 12 thirteen weeks because I had the extra blood test after coming back slightly higher risk for downs syndrome. It cost me about four hundred dollar bucks. It came with the added bonus of knowing if I wanted to, the sex. 

In america can you just have the test for gender without the genetic side?

My sister (21years ago) refused further testing when coming up higher risk, as it didn't matter to her if there was something "wrong" with the baby (there wasnt). At that time it was an amnio so there was a risk to her baby, I do not know what she may have chosen if the blood test was available. My sister is not Fundie and pro choice.

I find it kind of hypocritical if these fundies get these tests when they preach anti abortion and just trusting in the lord. I know I, know they may just be doing it to prepare for what is coming, but i don't trust fundies. If it is not free and you can't just get the gender it's a cost and maybe unneeded bother that could just wait until the 18 week full scan. 

• Upvote 11

I am neither surprised she is pregnant now or that she was pregnant last fall. I expected them to try for a baby once they settled in LA, so an autumn pregnancy would have been totally predictable. It sucks that the miscarriage came in the midst of all the other bow-topped grandDuggs, and especially so soon after telling the family. I wonder when they found out about this pregnancy; if she's 15-weeks-and-change now, then they probably didn't know when the Jinger/Felicity visit to AR (for what I think of as The Target Trip....lol) occurred in late Feb. 

My prediction for the next JinJer pregnancy was also GIRL (whoop). I think they'll try for a boy for sure, but stop at 3 (absolutely no more than 4...). I 100% forsee future insta posts from cool-dad-Jeremy and Christian-mommy-Jinger featuring a glorious soccer-mom minivan.

Also, unless there's any other pregnancies that aren't public yet.....the Duggs will go 18 months (May-Nov) with 7 (all female) grandchildren. O.o !!!

Edited by ihaveanexamintwodays
  • Upvote 17
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

I find it kind of hypocritical if these fundies get these tests when they preach anti abortion and just trusting in the lord. I know I, know they may just be doing it to prepare for what is coming, but i don't trust fundies. If it is not free and you can't just get the gender it's a cost and maybe unneeded bother that could just wait until the 18 week full scan. 

A mother can choose to get genetics tests done for reasons other than the intention to abort if the fetus has a chromosomal disorder. Down Syndrome babies are more likely to have heart disorders. More thorough ultrasounds would be recommended if the fetus tested positive for Down Syndrome.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 10

2 minutes ago, Ali said:

A mother can choose to get genetics tests done for reasons other than the intention to abort if the fetus has a chromosomal disorder. Down Syndrome babies are more likely to have heart disorders. More thorough ultrasounds would be recommended if the fetus tested positive for Down Syndrome.

Yes, I know that. My wonder is if you have no intention of abortion is it a financial commitment that does not need to be made. Also if they "trust" the lord to only give them what they can handle I also wonder why they test. I know that claims could be made to prepare themselves for what could be about to happen, but I don't trust fundies.

I was talking to a lovely lady the other day who's daughter has trisonomy 18 (???) not sure the number but not down's syndrome. It was picked up in an ultrasound, she refused further testing, because in her words, "if there was anytime this baby is going to be "perfect" and safe, let it be now when I am pregnant. Her baby (now a tween) has battled for life many times but is loved and loving and gives so much to many around her. 

My pondering has to do with fundies genetic testing and how  the fact is that there is little they can do with the information, except possibly stress the entire pregnancy. If you were going to ever trust in the lord, a stress free as possible pregnancy would be the time. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

My ultrasound tech was able to tell me the sex of my baby at 10 weeks. Not sure if that's common.  

I am happy for Jinger if she is happy. 

• Upvote 3

I listened to the livestream, kinda. I'm not really interested in typing out the God talk, mostly because I don't feel comfortable snarking on how someone deals with their miscarriage (even if it is problematic). 

- Have a name picked out, but aren't gonna share until the birth.

-She had "morning" sickness in the evenings from 7 weeks onward (similar to Felicity), but is doing much better now.

-She miscarried 5 months before she found out she was pregnant with this baby (so back in November?) Jeremy's sister was actually visiting them when Jinger miscarried and she really helped out. 

-They say they'll allow their daughters to go to college. Want to encourage their interests, blah blah blah.

-Jeremy's been helping her by encouraging her to rest and help out with tasks. It's also been helpful that he's been home all the time since he could take care of Felicity while Jinger was dealing with fatigue/nausea.

-Counting On is still filming apparently, since they revealed to the family that they were pregnant on the show. So, this upcoming season will probably not be the last. 

-Jinger has been craving lemons & pickles (can eat half a jar in a sitting), Jeremy craves the food Jinger makes (especially her tacos).

-They have no plans on leaving LA anytime soon.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 23
  • Love 1

Apparently Jeremy also said he doesn't want Felicity to feel like she's fighting for attention. Between that and the college thing, count me in for 3-4 kids as well. 

(I don't think they'll do a virtues theme but it would be cool for guessing if they did. I see a Verity "Vee" or "Vi" going with Felicity)

Edited by neurogirl
  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 3

You can tell that there have been so many Duggar grandbabies when a thread has only moved a couple pages and isn’t even hot. 

Also, not surprised in the least that she’s pregnant. Sad about the miscarriage, but it’s nice they were open and honest about it. They didn’t have to be. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

And last but not least: now we have another Duggar pregnancy and the thread isn’t even hot. They’re getting boring, and neither pants nor a good haircut can change that. 

I think a multiple pregnancy would get people interested for awhile but, other than that, who cares about a bunch of siblings with single digit numbers of children?  It'll be at least fifteen years before any of them might approach Michelle's "record" and I doubt anyone will especially care at that point.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, llg1234 said:

Counting On is still filming apparently, since they revealed to the family that they were pregnant on the show. So, this upcoming season will probably not be the last. 

The reveal is shown in TLC's preview clip. They make a gingerbread house with a pregnant mama and facetime with the Big House during a "Family Night."

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

Yes, I know that. My wonder is if you have no intention of abortion is it a financial commitment that does not need to be made

My son and daughter in law had the testing done even though they had no intention of aborting the baby. The initial ultrasound picked up some possible markers for Down's Syndrome so they had the testing done in case the baby needed extra medical help. The testing came out normal and that they were having a baby girl. I have about 6 weeks or so before baby A arrives and I just can't wait to get my hands on that new baby girl! 

• Upvote 16
  • Love 7

5 minutes ago, marmalade said:

The reveal is shown in TLC's preview clip. They make a gingerbread house with a pregnant mama and facetime with the Big House during a "Family Night."

Based on the timing of that gingerbread house reveal (pre-Christmas), that's got to be the baby that Jinger miscarried the day of/day after telling the family. So they did that filming *right* before the miscarriage. Yikes. And so yeah, the miscarriage will, by default, now be a storyline.

That's three known miscarriages for three separate Duggar couples within 13 months, all of which became storylines. I'm honestly not sure what message that carries for the show, whether it's an honesty-ish thing or a ratings thing. It could be both. It's certainly different than how Anna's miscarriage(s?) were handled in 19K&C early in J&A's marriage. And regardless of how I feel about babies being born into the Duggar-collective, I do feel for the parents in those cases.

But this announcement doesn't really clarify if they're currently filming, though frankly they probably are.

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

My son and daughter in law had the testing done even though they had no intention of aborting the baby. The initial ultrasound picked up some possible markers for Down's Syndrome so they had the testing done in case the baby needed extra medical help. The testing came out normal and that they were having a baby girl. I have about 6 weeks or so before baby A arrives and I just can't wait to get my hands on that new baby girl! 

Oh stop you are making me clucky. How freakin delightful. I’m so excited. Babes are such a blessing  xoxox 

Edited by AussieKrissy
Omg I did not intentionally mean to sound fundie. I do honestly believe babes are blessings. In a totally non fundie way.
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

4 miscarriages out of 23 pregnancies (known) is about 30% which would be a completely normal rate of miscarriage, unfortunately. Including Michelle it goes down to 6 of 41 or about 15%. It feels (to me anyway) like a lot close together, but then again there have been so many pregnancies in the last two years.

I hope the pregnancy is healthy going forward.

I also don't see them having more than 4 children. 

• Upvote 10

50 minutes ago, medimus said:

4 miscarriages out of 23 pregnancies (known) is about 30% which would be a completely normal rate of miscarriage, unfortunately. Including Michelle it goes down to 6 of 41 or about 15%. It feels (to me anyway) like a lot close together, but then again there have been so many pregnancies in the last two years.

Yes, it seems like a pretty normal rate (except for Michelle. I think it might be possible that  Michelle has not shared all of her pregnancy losses, but not sure. If she really only had one miscarriage and one really late loss of a child (Caleb and Jubilee) then that is incredible and she has beat the odds ones again.

I'm also happy for Jinger and Jeremy and think they will try for a boy but will stop when they reach 4 girls ;-)

Also: Are we not still waiting for a twin-grandduggars announcement? So many married now, and no announcement so far. My bet is still on Jessa for that one.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

[...]

Also, unless there's any other pregnancies that aren't public yet.....the Duggs will go 18 months (May-Nov) with 7 (all female) grandchildren. O.o !!!

Sadly, this will boost their popularity and their individual accounts. Girls are a big selling point in media. People get much more involved with their storylines- which is pretty creepy (but I am definitely noticing this with myself too).

3 hours ago, metheglyn said:

Based on the timing of that gingerbread house reveal (pre-Christmas), that's got to be the baby that Jinger miscarried the day of/day after telling the family. So they did that filming *right* before the miscarriage. Yikes. And so yeah, the miscarriage will, by default, now be a storyline.

That's three known miscarriages for three separate Duggar couples within 13 months, all of which became storylines. I'm honestly not sure what message that carries for the show, whether it's an honesty-ish thing or a ratings thing. It could be both. It's certainly different than how Anna's miscarriage(s?) were handled in 19K&C early in J&A's marriage. And regardless of how I feel about babies being born into the Duggar-collective, I do feel for the parents in those cases.

But this announcement doesn't really clarify if they're currently filming, though frankly they probably are.

It’s probably a mix between the topic of miscarriages getting out of the shadows (we had lots of articles, comments, posts and documentaries in media the last two years. We also had the same for the topic of abortions, my guess is this would have gone down very differently in the US.) and that it creates interests. They basically use it as a selling point (which is disgusting) because the topic is now considered ok. 

I will say I am pretty shocked by how Jinger has transformed her appearance. There are so many young, extremely religious women that rock their modest attire in a very cool and stylish way. Jinger looks like the copy of a 45year old pastors wife from an American tv show to me. I am reminded of the mum of this pastor family tv show from the 90s(?). The one where the male leading actor was actually into children/minors? So, while she looks pretty she simultaneously looks like in a costume to me. Fake it till you make it I guess. But is that actually an aesthetic u40 people follow on Insta?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Sadly, this will boost their popularity and their individual accounts. Girls are a big selling point in media. People get much more involved with their storylines- which is pretty creepy (but I am definitely noticing this with myself too).

It’s probably a mix between the topic of miscarriages getting out of the shadows (we had lots of articles, comments, posts and documentaries in media the last two years. We also had the same for the topic of abortions, my guess is this would have gone down very differently in the US.) and that it creates interests. They basically use it as a selling point (which is disgusting) because the topic is now considered ok. 

I will say I am pretty shocked by how Jinger has transformed her appearance. There are so many young, extremely religious women that rock their modest attire in a very cool and stylish way. Jinger looks like the copy of a 45year old pastors wife from an American tv show to me. I am reminded of the mum of this pastor family tv show from the 90s(?). The one where the male leading actor was actually into children/minors? So, while she looks pretty she simultaneously looks like in a costume to me. Fake it till you make it I guess. But is that actually an aesthetic u40 people follow on Insta?

Ah, good comparison!

Spoiler

Pjdra-dYoZWAZRuVnomAgOm1044ZWevKXggvEMoh

Same level of sickly-sweet disingenuousness?

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, metheglyn said:

They mentioned I believe watching the show for how they told their families. While I know this could mean the gingerbread thing from the promo, they mentioned telling the family in a socially distanced way with masks. I think they are still filming. 

6 hours ago, medimus said:

Sorry to be pedantic but 4 out of 23 pregnancies ending in miscarriage is actually 17.3%.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, front hugs > duggs said:

They mentioned I believe watching the show for how they told their families. While I know this could mean the gingerbread thing from the promo, they mentioned telling the family in a socially distanced way with masks. I think they are still filming. 

They’re pictured last weekend standing together with JB & Jed/Jer in a restaurant with no masks so if they were filmed wearing them it was just for show. 

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

7th Heaven was the show and now that you say that I can see it. While we have Jill finally embracing her true self we have Jinger becoming very plastic and far from who she was. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, Angelface said:

Sorry to be pedantic but 4 out of 23 pregnancies ending in miscarriage is actually 17.3%.

Yep you're right and i have no idea how i mistyped that so badly, sorry!

• Upvote 3

So was the nike air photos not them? The bodies kinda didn't look like them but i didn't really think about it but now that i look again the woman in that photo is definitely not pregnant

35 minutes ago, artdecades said:

So was the nike air photos not them? The bodies kinda didn't look like them but i didn't really think about it but now that i look again the woman in that photo is definitely not pregnant

I do think it looks like them.

I don’t think you can say that she’s “definitely not pregnant” in that pic. The angle, her arm over her abdomen, stripes... can all contribute to making a belly appear smaller.
Also, could’ve been taken a few weeks ago, before she started showing, and Jeremy is just posting it now

82D3F86A-52AC-40EB-A352-7B5051111351.jpeg

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 7

10 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Oh stop you are making me clucky. How freakin delightful. I’m so excited. Babes are such a blessing  xoxox 

Oh you have NO idea...thank Rufus for the pandemic or I'd have spent myself into the poor house. This is the first new baby in our family in 7+ years. I'm just a little sad that Papa won't get to see this one. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 10

• Coconut Flan locked this topic