IGNORED

Jinjer 53: Telework, Teleschool, or Telenothing?

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, habert said:

In Jinger’s latest Instagram post, she’s at the piano with Felicity. There’s a bust of a man on the piano. Does anyone recognize him? Who is he?

My guess is that it's some composer. I don't know who it is though. Someone could probably figure it out by matching the hairstyle and clothes to a time period and then to a composer.

7 hours ago, habert said:

In Jinger’s latest Instagram post, she’s at the piano with Felicity. There’s a bust of a man on the piano. Does anyone recognize him? Who is he?

Well, Schroeder in Peanuts always had a bust of Beethoven on his little piano.  I don't do Instagram so I'm no help in seeing what composer the bust looks like.  

@SassyPants, did you see the news that Ken Osmond, the actor that played Eddie Haskell, died on the 18th of this month?  He would have celebrated his 77th birthday on June 7th.  RIP, Ken!

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

My guess is that it's some composer. I don't know who it is though. Someone could probably figure it out by matching the hairstyle and clothes to a time period and then to a composer.

It's almost certainly a preacher. The wig is one associated with learned professions - medical, ecclesiastical or legal. And the robe is not lay clothing, it could be legal or scholarly but probably religious. I would put the date around the middle decades of the eighteenth century, probably associated with the evangelical revival. All that I feel pretty confident of, but I don't know the face - it could very well be a preacher who also composed religious music/hymns.

Edit: the face is a bit JS Bach? But the wig and robe very heavily indicate preacher.

Edited by AprilQuilt
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

Oooh they're doing another instagram giveaway for quarantine date night. 20 lucky couples will win $50 Uber Eats gift cards. 

You must follow them both and tag your SPOUSE. No unwed sinners allowed! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

7 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Oooh they're doing another instagram giveaway for quarantine date night. 20 lucky couples will win $50 Uber Eats gift cards. 

You must follow them both and tag your SPOUSE. No unwed sinners allowed! 

Yeah a lot of people in the comments are saying that their spouses don’t have Instagram. But she did answer a comment and said that non-married couples could participate as well. I wonder if this giveaway is to makeup for the scammy one she was a part of that she original posted a few days ago. 

• Upvote 6

I guess their agency is hooking up their influencers with Uber Eats. I can't see Uber Eats contacting the Vuolos directly. This looks less scammy than their last disaster, but I won't hold my breath that the winners get their prizes. Yeah, I am cynical.

as for summer school, the only class offered is Greek. If he is taking it now, I guess that means that he dropped it in the fall of spring. Greek 2 comes up in the fall. But I seriously doubt he's doing summer school. Just a hunch.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

22 hours ago, habert said:

I think it’s George Whitefield (18th century English evangelist known for his loud speaking voice while preaching to large crowds). He has the same side-wig poof situation going on.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

23 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

There's something so odd about the Vuolo's feed and branding. It's too perfect, too pastel, too phony. I know there is success and money to be made from a well crafted social media presence, especially pretty mommy-bloggers, but usually people share a bit more of themselves and that's what draws people in. 

I agree their media presence is boring. Tell me something you know about Jinger, anything, anything of interest at all, outside of photography which she doesn't even post about. She doesn't reveal any authentic personality imo. Jill does (boho, counseling, house, etc). Jessa does (doubling down on the cult) hell even Jana does (gardening, decorating). Nothing Jinger has posted, outside of Felicity/family, conveys any genuine or authentic interest or love of what she is doing/posting and therefore comes across as phony imo.

And don't get me started on how many more posts of Jeremy pretentiously looking at, er reading, a book that I can look at without my eyes rolling out of my head.

• Upvote 23
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Tell me something you know about Jinger, anything, anything of interest at all, outside of photography which she doesn't even post about.

Isn't Jinger the one who liked to eat pickles and to sew, and she could do them both at the same time?!!! (or was that Jessa?) From one of the earlier TLC specials on the Duggars. 

Oh wait, WiseGirl said to tell something of interest. Never mind.

Edited by Bobology
  • Haha 16
  • Love 1

Wasn't Jinger the one about coffee, big city life, and photography? Well, she moved to the big city, I've seen lots of coffee shots... why doesn't she take up photography again? It's easy enough if you have a good phone, and if they're really hard up for $, she could likely sell prints. I doubt her pics would be anything earth-shattering, but there's probably enough 'fans' out there that would love to have a photograph by Jinger.
I've never been to Arkansas, but I imagine the difference between landscapes and architecture would give her plenty to photograph as they bounce between LA and Tontitown. She could regain a personality trait*, liven up her Instagram feed, and gain more followers who just love pretty pics!

Unless, of course, Jeremy is in charge of their aesthetic, which I have to admit has disappointed me. It's so... muted.

*Lol, it sounds like I'm talking about a Sim.

• Upvote 18
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Tell me something you know about Jinger, anything, anything of interest at all...

I wonder if Jinger and Jeremy will eventually find themselves in the situation sung about in the song "You Could Know As Much About A Stranger" by Gene Watson.  In it, the man laments that he really doesn't know his wife.  It could easily be sung by a woman.  Who will be the first to realize the shallowness of their marriage, and what would they do about it?

Spoiler

Our bodies lay here side by side
 But our thoughts have turned the other way
 We make the conversation of two people
 Who have nothing left to say
 We're so accustomed to each other
 We no longer care or bother
 And there lies the danger
 You know the size of clothes I wear
 And you know how I comb my hair
 But you could know as much about a stranger

I can't remember the last time
 That I really wanted you
 And we both say nothing's wrong
 But it's here in everything we do
 So we get up from our beds
 Leaving many things unsaid
 Many of my words you don't hear
 You seldom notice if I'm near
 You could know as much about a stranger

What went wrong, I can't name it
 Find the fault, I can't blame it
 On any one thing
 We're so used to things this way
 Tomorrow's just like yesterday
 You know the colour of my eyes
 You know the things I despise
 But you could know as much about a stranger
 Yes, you could know as much about a stranger 

• Upvote 7

23 hours ago, EmmaWoodhouse said:

I think it’s George Whitefield (18th century English evangelist known for his loud speaking voice while preaching to large crowds). He has the same side-wig poof situation going on.

this is a great shout. It crossed my mind but I didn't think the name plaque on the bust was big enough. Incidentally Whitefield originally preached in the fields outside Bristol (now almost inner city Bristol) where my house now stands, and John Wesley took over after him.

• Upvote 3

Putting a bust on a piano seems like a Jeremy attempt to appear “klassy and sophisticated “. Someone else could pull it off, but from him it just feels cheesy. Or maybe it came with the house?

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

Yeah, a preacher makes a lot of sense. Jeremy is trying so hard to be a classic, intellectual preacher re-born in the modern era. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

On 5/25/2020 at 2:52 PM, Pecansforeveryone said:

Yeah, a preacher makes a lot of sense. Jeremy is trying so hard to be a classic, intellectual preacher re-born in the modern era. 

and takes it back to the fact that these people's only real hobby is religion and its promulgation. They know crap-all about anything else and they are the poorer for it.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I don’t know how these IG influencer programs work, but I’d just like to say that companies that are attempting to use people to sell skincare products should probably pick influencers who have, you know, skin that would reflect positively on the product.

Also, to those people trying to shill skincare products who don’t have near flawless skin, probably best to avoid the cliche opening of “Everyone has been asking me about my skincare regimen.” 

Sorry, but no they have not.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I don’t know how these IG influencer programs work, but I’d just like to say that companies that are attempting to use people to sell skincare products should probably pick influencers who have, you know, skin that would reflect positively on the product.

Also, to those people trying to shill skincare products who don’t have near flawless skin, probably best to avoid the cliche opening of “Everyone has been asking me about my skincare regimen.” 

Sorry, but no they have not.

Right?! Also, I'm not buying any skin care products from you when you clearly still have most of your makeup on. Not really showing me the effectiveness of the product. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

It's time for another Vuolo giveaway! It's a giveaway bonanza! You get an uber eats gift card and you get a pair of Air Jordans and you get a discount code for a face cleansing brush!

See what good, generous Christians  they are!

Spoiler

IMG_1951.PNG.af892e5d1fcbc11393ad5413af316965.PNG

Edited by HideousGreenShirt
Adding the giveaway screenshot just in case it disappears
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Jinger could potentially make being an influencer a lucrative side hustle...if she actually put some effort into it.  Girl please, we see you half assing just like the rest of your family.

At a minimum, get a phone stand and you know, actually use the product?

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

These are such incredibly shallow giveaways.  Air Jordan’s is just so tone deaf.  Grocery gift cards, something from a local business, anything like that would be so much more appropriate right now.  
Edited to add, I see they did an Uber Eats gift card, which is better.  My statement about the Air Jordan’s stands.  

Edited by treehugger
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 1

On 5/23/2020 at 3:41 PM, HideousGreenShirt said:

There's something so odd about the Vuolo's feed and branding. It's too perfect, too pastel, too phony. I know there is success and money to be made from a well crafted social media presence, especially pretty mommy-bloggers, but usually people share a bit more of themselves and that's what draws people in. 

Looking through Jinger's grid, all I get is cute Felicity pictures, Jesus posts and food/coffee. She loves black licorice? Wow! Revolutionary! Almost as shocking as finding out that *SPOILER ALERT* John David is a pilot. It's aesthetically pleasing, but there is zero substance. Even her stories are perfectly rehearsed and filmed. Aside from Duggar fans, who is she targeting? Either she's been told to stick to bland, neutral posts or she actually has no personality.  

People give Jill so much crap for trying too hard but I'll take her messy house, questionable-looking food and phone photography over JinJer's fake perfection every time.

I actually think she cannot win here. If she shows more people will point out how much she changed things from her upbringing. If she answers it openly- it will strain the Duggar brand they still cash in on. If she stays silent people complain and talk about hypocrisy. She also cannot go all cult religious because it will drive away moderate followers. 
It must be pretty annoying to be so limited. I hope it is. 

• Upvote 10

Some of these sponsorships/giveaways just don't make sense to me. I get giving away their own books/clothes/CDs/whatever. I get the kiwi crates for people with a bunch of kids, especially if they homeschool. I get hair products for people who actually have nice hair.

But what is up with JinJer giving away SHOES?! Are they suddenly fashion bloggers?!? Have they ever even mentioned shoes in any way before? I'm probably not up to speed with US fashion but somehow I don't see how these shoes would appeal to their followers, or at least to what I imagine their followers to be.

Edited by Paperplate
typo
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

48 minutes ago, Paperplate said:

Some of these sponsorships/giveaways just don't make sense to me. 

They’re not popular enough to be choosy...they’re probably taking every sponsorship they are offered because they need the money.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Paperplate said:

Some of these sponsorships/giveaways just don't make sense to me. I get giving away their own books/clothes/CDs/whatever. I get the kiwi crates for people with a bunch of kids, especially if they homeschool. I get hair products for people who actually have nice hair.

But what is up with JinJer giving away SHOES?! Are they suddenly fashion bloggers?!? Have they ever even mentioned shoes in any way before? I'm probably not up to speed with US fashion but somehow I don't see how these shoes would appeal to their followers, or at least to what I imagine their followers to be.

They’re trying to gain followers and a quick way to do that is through giveaways. They do giveaways and the requirements are that you interact on the post/tag a friend/require the entrant to follow their account. This helps gain followers and encourage more interaction on their posts which allows them to charge more for partnerships. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic