IGNORED

Jinjer 53: Telework, Teleschool, or Telenothing?

Coconut Flan

I actually find it far easier to believe that Jinger would enjoy an occasional hunting trip with her brothers/in-laws than I to believe JB ever went hunting on his own. JB does not strike me as the type to enjoy quietly sitting in a tree for several hours.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

I was surprised when I saw Jinger had posted that picture - I vaguely remember her going hunting on the show, so it wasn't the fact of the hunting, but just....it seems really off-brand for Jeremy and Jinger now?

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, bal maiden said:

It was on the show, years ago. She wasn't a regular hunter, it was a one off thing (maybe the producers suggested it?). I do remember it was utterly cringeworthy and JB making some comments that made Jinger really uncomfortable, but I can't for the life of me remember what they were! 

If I remember right, he said something about giving her the birds and the bees talk? And there were other men there but no women so the whole thing is ?

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

10 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Absolutely it is.  The sport in the act of hunting itself, if done as an optional activity, what happens to the meat is irrelevant.

If you live in a place where it's the only way you can  get your meat without options then it's not a sport, it's survival.  But if one does it because they enjoy hunting it doesn't make it less for sport because they consume it.

To me it just makes it less of a waste. But yes still a sport. 

Edited by AussieKrissy
I should have added (of life)
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

The hunting trip was on season 10, episode 11, “Hunting and House Guests.” (The guests were newlyweds David and Priscilla.) I should really go to bed now.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8
  • Thank You 4

Just now, QuiverFullofBooks said:

The hunting trip was on season 10, episode 11, “Hunting and House Guests.” (The guests were newlyweds David and Priscilla.) I should really go to bed now.

Is that the weird one where pecan and fucktard were so weirdly competitive like who has (well is) the bigger dick Competitive? That was one of the first eps that I started to dislike Josh. The other one was when the parents went away and he said something along the lines of well if something happens to them, then I guess I become head of the household (aka the boss of all the kids) I think he was the only one out of home at the time. It gave me weird vibes.  Many years later the child molestation stuff came out and I was like ohhhhhhhhhh.... I hope it never comes to pass because I bet he would still try to take over as its his “birthright”  

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Is that the weird one where pecan and fucktard were so weirdly competitive like who has (well is) the bigger dick Competitive?

Haha. That episode was when Josh and Anna went to her parents in Florida for a visit. I think they had Mack and maybe Michael...whatever season that was. Pecan and fucktard went four wheeling I think while Pris and Anna stayed home.  And the lameness displayed by these leaders of men was off the charts. Trying to show off when you have no skills. They both suck so much. They both got super muddy and went home to proudly show their wives and all I could think was "they're just gonna dump their muddy clothes on the floor for their women to wash while they go pat themselves on the back for being big men." Losers.

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 1

49 minutes ago, CaricatureQualities said:

Haha. That episode was when Josh and Anna went to her parents in Florida for a visit. I think they had Mack and maybe Michael...whatever season that was. Pecan and fucktard went four wheeling I think while Pris and Anna stayed home.  And the lameness displayed by these leaders of men was off the charts. Trying to show off when you have no skills. They both suck so much. They both got super muddy and went home to proudly show their wives and all I could think was "they're just gonna dump their muddy clothes on the floor for their women to wash while they go pat themselves on the back for being big men." Losers.

Ah yes that’s it!!!

• Upvote 1

There was another one filmed at the TTH with Josh and David also being lamely competitive, driven mostly by David who seemed to be enamored with Josh. At least that's my recollection. It may have been before David and Priscilla were married.

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

IThe other one was when the parents went away and he said something along the lines of well if something happens to them, then I guess I become head of the household (aka the boss of all the kids) I think he was the only one out of home at the time. It gave me weird vibes.  Many years later the child molestation stuff came out and I was like ohhhhhhhhhh.... I hope it never comes to pass because I bet he would still try to take over as its his “birthright”  

So- what do we think happens if say - tomorrow JB & Meeeechelle go to meet their maker. Does Jana get the kids? Does Josh move into the house and he & Anna take over running the whole shooting match? Are kids split up with their Buddy Moms? Who is going to be Jana's headship? I mean - poor thing is over 30 and not married so clearly does NOT know how to do anything (dripping in sarcasm). 
Or do you think that breaks the entire thing wide open? Jill & Derrick do a tell all, Abby goes back to work, Lauren buys more ridiculously big hats?

• Upvote 14

I'm willing to bet JB is savvy enough to have a written plan, wouldn't even have to be legal since they are above the law (well... some form of legal for the minors, though.) I'm also willing to bet the written plan is not in the best interest of the minors, but laid out to continue the worshipping of the wonderful deity of JB and his wonderful legacy. 'Urp. 

• Upvote 8

I would hate to think Josh would do a power grab but Anna has been in rehearsal to be the next Michelle for the last 12 years. 

• Upvote 17

On 6/23/2020 at 9:43 AM, SassyPants said:

It seems the sisters often double up on product endorsements. I think that might be an indication that they aren’t making as much per endorsement as people might think. Why would a company pay them both large amounts of money to endorse the same product? Wouldn’t they be thought to target the same audience? Seems like a poor business plan. Wouldn’t you choose different types of influencers to maximize your exposure and profit?

Here’s where the lazy really comes in play. Most companies want a single target audience. So they will have similar influencers. The thing is the girls aren’t working hard to be a brand and in turn being picky about what brands they work with. Having a highly curated brand, not 1000 kids, means you have an audience that hangs on your every word and in turn will buy what you are promoting. Doing that though is hard work. Putting in the time to figure out your target audience, crafting content that they want, and being selective about who you work with. That’s how the big money comes in.  None of which is easy. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

Here’s where the lazy really comes in play. Most companies want a single target audience. So they will have similar influencers. The thing is the girls aren’t working hard to be a brand and in turn being picky about what brands they work with. Having a highly curated brand, not 1000 kids, means you have an audience that hangs on your every word and in turn will buy what you are promoting. Doing that though is hard work. Putting in the time to figure out your target audience, crafting content that they want, and being selective about who you work with. That’s how the big money comes in.  None of which is easy. 

The Duggars are out!

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 2

23 hours ago, mpheels said:

I actually find it far easier to believe that Jinger would enjoy an occasional hunting trip with her brothers/in-laws than I to believe JB ever went hunting on his own. JB does not strike me as the type to enjoy quietly sitting in a tree for several hours.

Agree. I don't see jb enjoying anything where he's expected to refrain from flapping his gums for hours on end. That and I'm sure he's been delegating his dirtiest jobs to his jcrew of sons and in-laws for so long I doubt he could handle all the gross chores required to turn a kill into something you can put into the fridge for your wife (ahem... daughter) to cook.   Something tells me Mr big dick manly man has a low tolerance for the icky factor.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Bobology said:

There was another one filmed at the TTH with Josh and David also being lamely competitive, driven mostly by David who seemed to be enamored with Josh. At least that's my recollection. It may have been before David and Priscilla were married.

I think i remember that one too, I think that may be the one I was thinking of. I also remember an awkward (for me to watch) convo with Anna talking about giving Pris marriage advice even though she was the younger sibling. I don't know why it made me uncomfortable but it did. I am the kind of person who can not watch idol auditions of the people that think they are good when they are not. I cringe and get all embarrased.

• Upvote 6

I thought it was both sad and obnoxious that Anna kept talking about being married and having a baby before her older sister even got engaged. She was so smug. Sadly proud that she had “won” the race to the only “accomplishments” they were ever allowed to have. And look where it got her...

• Upvote 14
  • Sad 5

14 hours ago, Bobology said:

I am embarrassed to say I remember that as well. And talking about the competition all the time, like this is what the manly men who are manly men do. Because they are manly men.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I would hate to think Josh would do a power grab but Anna has been in rehearsal to be the next Michelle for the last 12 years. 

Although she won't manage to hit her numbers.. Anna probably will end up with 8 or 9 children. At least that is my guess.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Johannah said:

I thought it was both sad and obnoxious that Anna kept talking about being married and having a baby before her older sister even got engaged. She was so smug. Sadly proud that she had “won” the race to the only “accomplishments” they were ever allowed to have. And look where it got her...

Maybe that’s why I was embarrassed 

• Upvote 3

Can someone explain to me the deal with JinJer always posting the same thing at the same time on IG? I get if they have an announcement they both want to share, but yesterday Jinger posts "I like his smile" and then immediately following Jeremy posts "I like her eyes" or something to that effect. I find this perplexing. Is this a thing other "influencers" do?

• Upvote 8

14 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Can someone explain to me the deal with JinJer always posting the same thing at the same time on IG? I get if they have an announcement they both want to share, but yesterday Jinger posts "I like his smile" and then immediately following Jeremy posts "I like her eyes" or something to that effect. I find this perplexing. Is this a thing other "influencers" do?

I think that the person who’s doing their PR work is slacking. The idea behind them having two accounts is each of them to speak to their own audience, but by how they’re posting they might as well have a shared couple account. 
I’m glad that people started calling them out in the comments about their pictures being staged and unauthentic. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

21 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I think that the person who’s doing their PR work is slacking. The idea behind them having two accounts is each of them to speak to their own audience, but by how they’re posting they might as well have a shared couple account. 
I’m glad that people started calling them out in the comments about their pictures being staged and unauthentic. 

I didn't even read the comments, just rolled my eyes and scrolled on. Glad you pointed that out and people are recognizing the phony! It's just so weird.

• Upvote 7

Aaand Jinger just deleted all of the comments criticizing. Great way to deal with it ?

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 5

16 hours ago, lezajenda said:

Something tells me Mr big teeny dick manly man has a low tolerance for the icky factor.

Fixed it!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic