IGNORED

Jinjer 53: Telework, Teleschool, or Telenothing?

Coconut Flan

Just now, LillyP said:

No but I bet down the line he could end up at a conservative Christian college coaching....Like Liberty or Campbell, etc. 

Agreed.  But in the meantime LA is spendy and they need to eat.  Will be interesting to see what he does. 

• Upvote 5

He could also possibly get a coaching or business job with a Christian professional soccer team, which is apparently a thing: https://www.maisoccer.com

my high school crush played for one of the MAI teams after college - we went to the same (Methodist) church and he was decidedly not fundie when we were teens.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

18 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

That can't possibly pay enough to support a family, could it?  Teachers at private religious schools make very little and unless he's doing both I can't imagine coaching soccer would be more than a lower paid part time job?  Maybe I'm wrong.

That was my first thought. And it's true for small religious schools. But there are some powerhouse Christian high schools in the area where tuition is $35K+. Coaches can get paid very well at these schools. Especially for football, but I  imagine a soccer coach with a bit of "star power" (?) could earn a very decent salary. Not enough to keep them in the lifestyle to which they are accustomed but when added to the social media salary they will probably, unfortunately, do pretty well.

Here's one such school within driving distance from their home. The school has conservative values and strong academics. A majority of students (though not all) are  conservative theologically and politically.  They emphasize sports and give a lot of sports scholarships and pour an obscene amount of money into  their  sports  programs. Everyone needs to sign a statement of faith.  https://www.oakschristian.org/

Edited by livinginthelight
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

@livinginthelight,  I think Jeremy's "star power" isn't near as much as he think it is.  My niece's husband is in the Canadian Soccer Hall of Fame, played pro soccer for 18 years including  15 years of MLS, and he is coaching MLS, but not as a head coach.  Jeremy had a fairly mediocre career in the minors.

• Upvote 17

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@livinginthelight,  I think Jeremy's "star power" isn't near as much as he think it is.  My niece's husband is in the Canadian Soccer Hall of Fame, played pro soccer for 18 years including  15 years of MLS, and he is coaching MLS, but not as a head coach.  Jeremy had a fairly mediocre career in the minors.

I can't speak much to soccer, but I know in football and baseball it's not necessarily the most gifted player who goes on to become a great coach. Sometimes the more talented players have such a natural gift and ability that they don't have as much to learn to improve their skills as say an average to slightly above-average player who has a great love for the game and wants to maximize every single skill he or she can.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

On 6/12/2020 at 4:36 PM, FrumpyAtheist said:

Someone should really do a good investigative journalism piece on how much money various types of influencers make and how much typical Instagram ads and promotions make. For anyone who follows/followed the whole Taza debacle, many were shocked that they seemingly had to flee NYC the moment sponsorships dried up, presumably because they assumed the Tazas had tons of cash from years of their influencer gig. But clearly not. 

I'd love to know the real numbers for all the Jingers and Jeremies of the world.

It’s already available in general terms. No one but the Instagramer and the agency that hired them know exactly what they make. 

https://influencermarketinghub.com/instagram-money-calculator/

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

@Audrey2, I'm not saying that Jeremy could not be a good coach.  All I'm saying is that he ain't got that much "star power." 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

It’s already available in general terms. No one but the Instagramer and the agency that hired them know exactly what they make. 

https://influencermarketinghub.com/instagram-money-calculator/

So if we use this calculator as an estimate, Jeremy makes about $2-3.3K per post and Jinger makes about $2.6-4.5K per post. If that’s accurate, that’s a decent amount of money considering they post a couple times a week. 

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

So if we use this calculator as an estimate, Jeremy makes about $2-3.3K per post and Jinger makes about $2.6-4.5K per post. If that’s accurate, that’s a decent amount of money considering they post a couple times a week. 

I ran my name and it was pretty close. Most brands will run your name through something like this. If they are using an agency to find the sponsored posts it will be lower. The agency takes a percentage but they certainly have the potential to make good money. The podcast will only add to their brand power. 

• Upvote 3

thanks for that link!

In related research on the YouTube front (because someone has an evolving idea for a novel) I found this yesterday related to the money that can be made from monetized YouTube.  It also details the current magic formula to be able to monetize your channel.

https://www.adamenfroy.com/how-to-make-money-on-youtube

Right now we have the Dillard’s, Jessa, and Joy (the last one very irregular) as well as Carlin & Evan, and Alyssa with YouTube channels. And they are likely building up to the number of subscribers (1000) and hours of viewing to be able to monetize those channels.  

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Jinger and Jessa are shilling the same ear phones - I wonder if they compare notes?? 

I doubt it's a coincidence.  Maybe this is another thing that Boob controls.

I didn't watch Jinger, but it still blows my mind how bad Jessa is at this.  She filmed the ad from her car and you can see Bin peeking in through the window as he walks by.

Sis, if you're going to try to make a living off of this, put some effort into it.  Get a desk, a room divider, and some decent lighting.  Maybe you'll get sponsorships that pay more and are more relevant to your 'brand'?  ?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

On 6/12/2020 at 11:36 PM, FrumpyAtheist said:

Someone should really do a good investigative journalism piece on how much money various types of influencers make and how much typical Instagram ads and promotions make. For anyone who follows/followed the whole Taza debacle, many were shocked that they seemingly had to flee NYC the moment sponsorships dried up, presumably because they assumed the Tazas had tons of cash from years of their influencer gig. But clearly not. 

I'd love to know the real numbers for all the Jingers and Jeremies of the world.

To the bolded: WHAT???? She was my way into bloggers, to Uk vloggers, and to the Duggars and then FJ. I haven’t followed her more closely in the last couple of years so that is big news. There has been talk about how unsustainable their lifestyle seemed but WOW. Will go and have a read. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, clueliss said:

thanks for that link!

In related research on the YouTube front (because someone has an evolving idea for a novel) I found this yesterday related to the money that can be made from monetized YouTube.  It also details the current magic formula to be able to monetize your channel.

https://www.adamenfroy.com/how-to-make-money-on-youtube

Right now we have the Dillard’s, Jessa, and Joy (the last one very irregular) as well as Carlin & Evan, and Alyssa with YouTube channels. And they are likely building up to the number of subscribers (1000) and hours of viewing to be able to monetize those channels.  

This is what is so frustrating for me. They were handed an audience and can’t be bothered to put in a little effort to provide quality content. 

2 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

To the bolded: WHAT???? She was my way into bloggers, to Uk vloggers, and to the Duggars and then FJ. I haven’t followed her more closely in the last couple of years so that is big news. There has been talk about how unsustainable their lifestyle seemed but WOW. Will go and have a read. 

She and her family left NYC just days before the CDC asked NYC residents not to travel. Her followers were not happy about it. Her last paid post tanked. She didn’t flee because the sponsorships dried up. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m just gunna leave this here in the hope someone makes this horror their avatar or profile pic whatever you youngins’ are calling it these days 

68D9E374-3680-483F-AED2-9C9BD036F141.png

• Rufus Bless 11
  • Haha 3

I saw that weird hunting photo and have so many questions. 

It's definitely teen/living at TTH Jinger. Firstly I see that there are no modest  hunting skirts. Secondly, how often did she and JB go hunting together and was it an entire family thing? 

Personal feelings about sport hunting aside, this is an interesting hobby for Jinger to have, even more if it is something she enjoyed with JB. 

We've been discussing her complete lack of personality and manufactured-for-TV hobbies a lot lately, would it really have been so controversial for TLC to highlight this if was a regular thing/Jinger is a particularly good shot? 

• Upvote 12

I’m sure the show’s fans would have lapped it up. Didn’t Rufus come from a hunting trip?  She may want to downplay that part of her life now she is Well-being Podcast Barbie. 

• Upvote 9

3 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

I’m sure the show’s fans would have lapped it up. Didn’t Rufus come from a hunting trip?  She may want to downplay that part of her life now she is Well-being Podcast Barbie. 

Jinger said Rufus came from the time she was driving to Jessa’s house for Spurgeon’s birth and she ran over him. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 16
  • I Agree 4

7 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Jinger said Rufus came from the time she was driving to Jessa’s house for Spurgeon’s birth and she ran over him. 

Thank you- that just makes it weirder that she celebrated road kill rather than hunting skill! 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2

Respectfully, I don't see how anyone who eats meat can blanket judge and condemn sport hunting.  The chicken in your chicken sandwhich didn't die of natural causes. 

Edited by Pecansforeveryone
Add a word
  • Upvote 15
  • Confused 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

39 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Respectfully, I don't see how anyone who eats meat can blanket judge and condemn sport hunting.  The chicken in your chicken sandwhich didn't die of natural causes. 

I don’t think anyone was condemning it? Simply making the point that if Jinger has a genuine skill/ hobby you’d expect it to be featured rather than all the made up stuff TLC had them do. 
Hunting in the US is very different culturally from where I am (uk). I know very few people here who hunt with guns  ( even before they gun laws were tightened). 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

It isn't hunting for sport if you eat your kill.  The vast majority of hunters hunt for the meat it provides. 

I also think that "hunting trip" was a set up for the show, kind of a "we let girls do boy stuff too" kind of thing. Of all the older girls only Joy has any interest in hunting. She & Austin went Elk hunting with a couple of howlers last year and iirc she had a really good time.  I'm pretty sure this was the time frame Austin & her brothers really stepped in to keep her entertained as her due date w/ Annabel got closer & before she got pregnant again. 

I had to go back on to Joy's insta but I think this coming Friday, 26, June, will be 1 year since they found out they lost the baby. Did anyone mention the 1yr anniversary of grandma Mary's passing? I don't follow them much. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

On 6/14/2020 at 5:54 AM, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I doubt it's a coincidence.  Maybe this is another thing that Boob controls.

I didn't watch Jinger, but it still blows my mind how bad Jessa is at this.  She filmed the ad from her car and you can see Bin peeking in through the window as he walks by.

Sis, if you're going to try to make a living off of this, put some effort into it.  Get a desk, a room divider, and some decent lighting.  Maybe you'll get sponsorships that pay more and are more relevant to your 'brand'?  ?

Jessa is lazy. She learned from the best and rides that train hard. Did you see this weekend’s IG story where the Seewalds ate breakfast in a pancake house? They fed Ivy right on the table, no plate, napkin, placemat, just right on the table. Sticky pancakes, right on the table. How hard is it to ask for an extra plate or to bring your own toddler bowl ? It’s just gross. I wouldn’t take kids into a restaurant during COVID unless absolutely necessary.

It seems the sisters often double up on product endorsements. I think that might be an indication that they aren’t making as much per endorsement as people might think. Why would a company pay them both large amounts of money to endorse the same product? Wouldn’t they be thought to target the same audience? Seems like a poor business plan. Wouldn’t you choose different types of influencers to maximize your exposure and profit?

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

It isn't hunting for sport if you eat your kill.  The vast majority of hunters hunt for the meat it provides.

Absolutely it is.  The sport in the act of hunting itself, if done as an optional activity, what happens to the meat is irrelevant.

If you live in a place where it's the only way you can  get your meat without options then it's not a sport, it's survival.  But if one does it because they enjoy hunting it doesn't make it less for sport because they consume it.

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

We've been discussing her complete lack of personality and manufactured-for-TV hobbies a lot lately, would it really have been so controversial for TLC to highlight this if was a regular thing/Jinger is a particularly good shot? 

It was on the show, years ago. She wasn't a regular hunter, it was a one off thing (maybe the producers suggested it?). I do remember it was utterly cringeworthy and JB making some comments that made Jinger really uncomfortable, but I can't for the life of me remember what they were! 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic