IGNORED

Coronavirus 3

GreyhoundFan

His buddies are frantically trying to steal as much as possible because if Biden is elected (please, Rufus, make it so), the gravy train will be heading away from them.

• WTF 3
  • Thank You 4

I finally got my car inspected, which I had put off for as long as possible.  The mechanic was only semi wearing a mask, which meant that he effectively wasn't.  I kept my mask on from the time I got out of my car at the inspection station until I got home and used a cleaning wipe on surfaces inside my car right after the mechanic finished.  Am glad that it was over 90 degrees out, since viruses don't like heat.  Kept the windows open after I got back in the car vs. using A/C, to "air out" the car.  Isolated my clothes and footwear once I got home, took a thorough shower, then did the laundry with bleach.  Am going to let my car sit out in the heat for at least a few days before I get into it again.

It's so fucking simple:  If everyone wears a mask, fewer people will get sick.  If masks aren't mandated then lots of people either won't wear them or won't wear them properly.  People rebel even when masks are mandated, but there appears to be better compliance with a mandate.

Fortunately, the virus is at relatively low levels in my area...at least for now.

• Upvote 11

On 7/4/2020 at 6:30 AM, Quiver Full of Kittens said:

We reside in Florida and he wants to visit western Texas/New Mexico/Colorado. A huge part of what he wants to do is theme parks, so we have lots of exposure there as well. 

If it helps I live in NM and we now have mandatory quarantine for 14 days for anyone coming into the state even residents.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

But you know - keep on with that roll out mr accidental governor - 700 new cases in Missouri.  

• Sad 7

Was checking the weather forecast on Weather Underground, and noticed that beside the boxes with the forecast data, there's now a box with Coronavirus case numbers if you live in the United States.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.574784e78b723af0f2132822c6d3d1e6.png

Poor Miami. :shakehead2:

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, clueliss said:

But you know - keep on with that roll out mr accidental governor - 700 new cases in Missouri.  

Yeah and work wants me to move there. 

They need to pay me a fuck of a lot more money than they do now.  Offer to at the least triple my salary and then I might consider moving. 

And meanwhile I wonder how long it'll be until Horsefucker von Clownstick starts whining about the free market - namely major retailers - doing this...

Retailers have a message for state governors: Please make everyone wear a face mask.

The Retail Industry Leaders Association, which represents Target, Home Depot and other major chains, says different rules around the country have made it confusing for shoppers and often lead to conflict between customers and workers trying to enforce store rules. Videos on social media have shown shoppers getting angry when employees ask them to wear a mask.

"Retailers are alarmed with the instances of hostility and violence front-line employees are experiencing by a vocal minority of customers," said RILA President Brian Dodge.

In a letter sent Monday to the National Governors Association, the RILA asks governors to require face mask wearing nationwide. Fewer than half of U.S. states require face mask wearing in public, according to the RILA.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Was checking the weather forecast on Weather Underground, and noticed that beside the boxes with the forecast data, there's now a box with Coronavirus case numbers if you live in the United States.

I'm hearing that Brewster County is asking people to stay away; Big Bend Nat'l Park is closed. Big Bend Ranch State Park is open. 

The numbers are blowing up here in Austin and Mayor Adler is projecting that ICU beds could be full in the next week to two weeks. 

Edited by Howl
  • Sad 9

4 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Yeah and work wants me to move there. 

They need to pay me a fuck of a lot more money than they do now.  Offer to at the least triple my salary and then I might consider moving.

My boss asked if I'd move to Dallas. I asked if it was a job requirement. He said no, so I declined. I have zero desire to live there.  I'm an east coast kind of person.

• Upvote 4

52 minutes ago, Howl said:

I'm hearing that Brewster County is asking people to stay away; Big Bend Nat'l Park is closed. Big Bend Ranch State Park is open. 

The numbers are blowing up here in Austin and Mayor Adler is projecting that ICU beds could be full in the next week to two weeks.

Brewster County isn't equipped to handle a bunch of COVID-19 patients, Big Bend Regional Medical Center only has 25 beds in it. We're one of the places they rely on to take patients who are too sick for them, but not bad enough to have to go to a big city. One of our two hospitals is currently not accepting any patients from outside my county, and the other one is having severe staffing issues. Both hospitals have opened up additional floors for COVID-19 patients.

I saw on Twitter that the Austin Convention Center is being turned into a field hospital.  :pb_sad:

Dear Texas Republicans,

When the big dogs in your party say they are not going show up and rub elbows with you, maybe you should rethink this whole deal?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

So it's okay for others to get sick because he won't stand up to twitler? What a repug.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Florida withheld statistics on hopsitalization 

• Sad 1
  • WTF 7

11 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

So it's okay for others to get sick because he won't stand up to twitler? What a repug.

Actually, this is almost principled as far as Republicans go these days. The more politicians with an R behind their names that refuse to bow knee in person, the more cover it gives to others to do the same. The Trumpsters have been pretty good at playing whack a mole with the few Republicans willing to speak up for sanity, but the more people who do it the harder it will be. 

Edited by FiveAcres
grammar
  • Upvote 1

Great article, awesome headline.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

They used the word dinguses!!!

The JillyRod readers will get that one.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 12

14 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Great article, awesome headline.

"On the advice of Ashton Kutcher..."  really sets the stage.  :banana-drums:

(I got the dingus reference, too!) 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/7/2020 at 11:25 AM, Dandruff said:

I finally got my car inspected, which I had put off for as long as possible.  The mechanic was only semi wearing a mask, which meant that he effectively wasn't.  I kept my mask on from the time I got out of my car at the inspection station until I got home and used a cleaning wipe on surfaces inside my car right after the mechanic finished.  Am glad that it was over 90 degrees out, since viruses don't like heat.  Kept the windows open after I got back in the car vs. using A/C, to "air out" the car.  Isolated my clothes and footwear once I got home, took a thorough shower, then did the laundry with bleach.  Am going to let my car sit out in the heat for at least a few days before I get into it again.

It's so fucking simple:  If everyone wears a mask, fewer people will get sick.  If masks aren't mandated then lots of people either won't wear them or won't wear them properly.  People rebel even when masks are mandated, but there appears to be better compliance with a mandate.

Fortunately, the virus is at relatively low levels in my area...at least for now.

Mandated and ENFORCED. Fines are pretty easy to issue, plus it helps the bottom line. Where’s all the fiscal conservatives now? 

• Upvote 5

*cocks head* Does anybody else hear screeching?

• Upvote 10

7 hours ago, clueliss said:

Florida withheld statistics on hopsitalization 

What, you mean hiding the data didn't stop the virus?! Who could possibly have guessed the virus didn't read?! /s

Honestly the wilful bloody ignorance of these people in charge makes me so angry. Grow the hell up and lead - and that means giving clear information, not hiding the truth when things aren't great, inspiring people to work together to protect each other and finding ways for people to be able to do that safely. Not sticking your head in the sand and singing la-la-la in the hope that returning things to normal means that the virus will magically disappear. You wanted the top jobs - and that means you get to deal with the tough stuff. So freaking do it properly.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 10

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic