IGNORED

Maxwell 38: Forgotten Jesse and the Spinsters Have to Replace the Vests for the Wedding

Coconut Flan

I'm ashtonished about the wedding registry. I found it very useful, all the items were fine, really covers the needs of a couple BUT it doesn't sound as a 19 years old registry. No colour, no fun, nothing cute...

I personally could make a registry like that if I was shopping to set a rental house or shopping for someone I don't know. Neutral colours, neutral design. I'm ok with that. But it's difficult to believe a 19 year old chooses all of that with no a single exception. Is she soooo dull? Or terribly organised? Or just her mother encouraged her to choose all of that?

I'm talking about Anna's registry because I doubt a Maxwell man lost his important time choosing kitchen stuff. 

• Upvote 13

3 hours ago, ElizaB said:

How is it this long since the wedding and there hasn't been another post about it?

They're so weird. Though I also recall them posting about Christmas nearly a month after the fact when no one cared anymore. 

I also wonder if they got (and deleted) some comments about how all the daughters are unmarried and how peculiar that is. They can be so clueless maybe they didn't think other people would notice/find it weird/ 'attack them' with those comments about their poor unwed daughters and how that reflects their bad parenting. They might need to plan how to handle the comments.

• Upvote 8

39 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

They're broken records and this - this wedding - is their last hoorah. 

The real final hoorah will be if Sarah ever marries.  In fundiland that will make Diana and Charles' wedding look like a quickie at the courthouse.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 4

40 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

The real final hoorah will be if Sarah ever marries

I doubt Sarah will get married till after Steve and Teri pass away. Her brothers will still be around to be her headship but they will also be busy with their own families and consequently have less time to control Sarah's life. This will (hopefully) give Sarah the space to find her own way.

• Upvote 8

Looks like Denver may have been in the wedding. Maybe he and Jesse have become good friends since their siblings got married. 

73C41989-A89F-4B65-A7AD-B1F0F1CA193F.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

I'm ashtonished about the wedding registry. I found it very useful, all the items were fine, really covers the needs of a couple BUT it doesn't sound as a 19 years old registry. No colour, no fun, nothing cute...

I personally could make a registry like that if I was shopping to set a rental house or shopping for someone I don't know. Neutral colours, neutral design. I'm ok with that. But it's difficult to believe a 19 year old chooses all of that with no a single exception. Is she soooo dull? Or terribly organised? Or just her mother encouraged her to choose all of that?

But in fundie circles, hope chests are a hot item. Girls get gifts or buy/make things as they're growing up, so that when their prince comes knocking, they have much of what they need. Maybe she registered for the beige basics, but already has a stash of bright table linens, towels, dishcloths, etc. that she made, or some funky dishes or mixing bowls that she snapped up at a yard sale.

• Upvote 7

In  terms of the speculation about the Maxwell blog silence, I tend to think it is because they are actually BUSY.  They are caring for Anne M's five kids, just celebrated an out-of-state wedding, and Chelsy is due any day now.  They may even be providing care for Axton as well since Chelsy is heavily pregnant.  Throw in COVID related errands for GIGI and their schedules might be legitimately packed.

I find Maxwell theology incredibly toxic, but I do admire their commitment to family.  And while I think Steve is a controlling narcissist I'm inclined to think that their relatively quiet blog has more to do with the fact that they might be genuinely busy.  They find a schedule of cleaning cabinets and ceiling fans challenging and there's a lot going on at Maxwell right now, they might be genuinely overwhelmed.

Edited by daisyjane1234
  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2

So Allison and Denver Bontrager went to the wedding--which we think was in Ohio, right? That is interesting, because the Bontragers posted on Monday that Allison, her sisters and her mom visited Chels and John in Kansas: http://bontragersingers.blogspot.com/2020/05/visit-to-ks.html

I wonder if the trips to Ohio and Kansas were somehow combined.

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, HereticHick said:

So Allison and Denver Bontrager went to the wedding--which we think was in Ohio, right? That is interesting, because the Bontragers posted on Monday that Allison, her sisters and her mom visited Chels and John in Kansas: http://bontragersingers.blogspot.com/2020/05/visit-to-ks.html

I wonder if the trips to Ohio and Kansas were somehow combined.

The trip to Kansas was "recently" - they' post things well after the fact pretty often. I'm sure it was several weeks ago, at least. 

Given the credible speculation that Jesse met Anna through the Bontragers, it makes sense they were at the wedding. I didn't know any of them were close enough to be IN each others weddings, although...whatever. 

The wedding was in Ohio if Rachel Craig's comment on that picture tells anything...she said they "loved having you all there". OK, maybe that's not exactly obvious, but I certainly reading it as the Craig's "hosting" an event kind of way. 

• Upvote 13

52 minutes ago, TISH ADAMS said:

And by Lord you mean Steve

He certainly considers himself as one. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

The Bons know both the Maxwell family and the Craig family. So it’s no surprise the whole family went to the wedding. Fundies invite everyone to their weddings.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

How are they so lucky to find houses so close to home? Do they sit around and wait for people to move?? 

19 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

This sounds like a plot point for the next Stephen King novel...

No, after they deliver nut bread a few times on holidays the people offer to sell to them.

So Is Mrs. Jesse Maxwell now Anna III?

Edited by IReallyAmHopewell
Omitted the quote I wanted
  • Upvote 7

I just saw that Laura Craig has a photo on her (public) Instagram of Anna’s dad walking her down the aisle (you can see a little more of her dress), plus some other pics from the weekend. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Here it is. There’s a Bowers boy in the background and the dress looks much prettier from far away.

B50003E6-B6B7-4FD6-A58D-B458AEF79A30.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 8

13 minutes ago, DonutWench said:

I just saw that Laura Craig has a photo on her (public) Instagram of Anna’s dad walking her down the aisle (you can see a little more of her dress), plus some other pics from the weekend. 

Thanks for the tip. I gagged a little at this cross stitch of "a virtuous woman" and all the sh*t she must do from morning 'til night. It probably comes from a well-meaning older relative, but still....

310578902_ScreenShot2020-05-28at6_11_11PM.png.1843c78311c54e9354343d3d29cbeda7.png

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 2
  • Rufus Bless 6
  • WTF 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, usedbicycle said:

Thanks for the tip. I gagged a little at this cross stitch of "a virtuous woman" and all the sh*t she must do from morning 'til night. It probably comes from a well-meaning older relative, but still....

310578902_ScreenShot2020-05-28at6_11_11PM.png.1843c78311c54e9354343d3d29cbeda7.png

It was captioned as a “sister gift.” Barf. A sister who is likely very young and has never been married. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

Omg it was said already but in this picture it is so clear: these two are identical twins.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 8

Wow. She is so very young. 

Random info: I’m familiar with that pattern. It was originally put out in the late 1980’s. I love a lot of things from the 80’s and would love to see some of them brought back. That cross stitch sure isn’t one of them!

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 1

30 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Here it is. There’s a Bowers boy in the background and the dress looks much prettier from far away.

B50003E6-B6B7-4FD6-A58D-B458AEF79A30.jpeg

I was right!  Poor Sarah is the photographer!  At least the pictures have half a chance of coming out decent.  Looking at the Craig's instagram, Laura wore PANTS to paint, Jesse and Anna definitely did not have a no touch courtship.

Edited by SPHASH
ETA
  • Upvote 17

12 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

gagged a little at this cross stitch of "a virtuous woman"

That's the most popular verse for women--even people who barely attend church will have it. I'm not worried about that. That sampler was a ton of work! Either she did it or someone she knows so I'm sure she is happy with it. All the same, I hope Jesse is supportive, kind, and a hands-on Dad when the time comes.

• Upvote 6

40 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

I do declare, Jesse's smile actually reaches his eyes.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

I think Anna looks very pretty in the “new photo.” Her hairstyle goes well with her dress, I think. 

• Upvote 10

7 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I think Anna looks very pretty in the “new photo.” Her hairstyle goes well with her dress, I think. 

I was just thinking that her hair looked nice, at least in the picture that I have seen. I still think the dress would have been better with unlined sleeves, no necklace (or maybe a single strand of pearls) and without the awkward belt. But from what I have seen I like the skirt and most of the dress looks like it fits okay.  I do like it better than Chelsy's dress. 

• Upvote 4

I think her hair was wind blown in the other picture. But it looks nice before the weather got ahold of it. It was crazy windy at my wedding and my hair was wind blown too. It happens.

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic