IGNORED

Kendra Tierney: A Martyr for Catholicism All Year

anachronistic

2 hours ago, dairyfreelife said:

Does anyone know if Kendra is an anti-vaxxer? I'm going to be extra pissed if she is and George's serious bout with bacterial meningitis was preventable. 

According to this blog post it sounds like he was vaccinated, but the bacteria he got was not one the vaccine prevents. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

Ugh this b*tch.

For those of you who don't want to go through Kendra's rage-inducing instagram, her posts about "cranky Frankie" are out of control. 

Keep in mind this awful post about a SIX YEAR OLD comes less than a year after he had a SKULL FRACTURE and seizures and had to be hospitalized. 

(In the two links below, she shows the skull fracture and talks about him getting back to his devil self. Literally the devil emoji. And in the second link, she talks about how grateful she is to have her "bad stinker" back. WTF)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTc1JAJBTUj/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiIxRDbApo4/

And here are her posts showing the boys' and girls' rooms. While I obviously think they should be divided by age because they have so many bedrooms available, there was a bit more privacy than I imagined.  But still. Who talks about their children that way? What a smug b*tch.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIIWUPvAhCM/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSPFkMbhMuu/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJTemUJBMKX/

Edited by neurogirl
  • Upvote 5
  • Sad 6
  • Thank You 6

17 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

Ugh this b*tch.

For those of you who don't want to go through Kendra's rage-inducing instagram, her posts about "cranky Frankie" are out of control. 

Keep in mind this awful post about a SIX YEAR OLD comes less than a year after he had a SKULL FRACTURE and seizures and had to be hospitalized. 

(In the two links below, she shows the skull fracture and talks about him getting back to his devil self. Literally the devil emoji. And in the second link, she talks about how grateful she is to have her "bad stinker" back. WTF)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTc1JAJBTUj/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiIxRDbApo4/

And here are her posts showing the boys' and girls' rooms. While I obviously think they should be divided by age because they have so many bedrooms available, there was a bit more privacy than I imagined.  But still. Who talks about their children that way? What a smug b*tch.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIIWUPvAhCM/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSPFkMbhMuu/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJTemUJBMKX/

I feel so bad for that little boy ?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

I've hate-read Kendra for quite some time, and while this is just my opinion -- here goes --

She tries really really really hard to come across as a nice person. But she fails. Huge fail. Epic. Fail. She's not nice -- she's fake nice, to her children, to her fangirls, maybe to everyone in her life. She's got the same shiny happy sparkly sugary Jesus-y (uber Catholic version), God loves me best facade that Braggie has.

Reading between the lines of her FB/ Insta/blog in her house it's Kendra's way or 'you're in big trouble mister.' Staring with hitting babies. Let me say that again -- Hitting. Babies.

And the Cranky Frankie/ he's a stinker nonsense has got to stop, Does she call him that to his face?  Do his siblings, father, grandparents, aunts/uncles call him that? Geez Louise lady -- the entire internet can figure out you don't even like Frankie. Stop it. Stop It.

in the sleep training post from above she complains what a stinker Frankie was to scream for several hours every night for the 2 months it took him to sleep train.  That 2 months, she wants us to know, is waaaaay longer than any of her other children so Cranky Frankie the Stinker strikes again.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

According to this blog post it sounds like he was vaccinated, but the bacteria he got was not one the vaccine prevents. 

Ah, thanks. Glad to hear that actually. Not glad for his meningitis at all, just glad that she didn't do something stupid to cause it. There are some types of bacterial meningitis that aren't vaccine-preventable. Sounds like might have been group B strep based on her post. Glad he is finally doing better and I imagine that was complete and total hell for them all to go through. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

8 hours ago, louisa05 said:

My Catholic high school had a dress code but not uniforms. No jeans, no shorts (but that was common in the 80s even for public school), no super short skirts, no sleeveless shirts. That was it. And super short  skirts weren’t really a thing at the time either. ... 

Literally the only item that wasn’t for both genders was the skirts.   

This reminds me of this act of protest .  

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Marmion said:

This reminds me of this act of protest .  

Hide contents

Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

You edited my post really strangely which screws with the context. My high school didn't have uniforms. If we wore skirts, they were any skirts we chose. 

If I recall correctly, that particular school didn't allow shorts, thus the protest. School I taught at allowed shorts. And, frankly, the girls barely wore the skirts. If they didn't find free ones in the uniform closet, they were expensive. Most kids wore polos and shorts in warm weather and hoodies and pants in cold weather regardless of gender. Building had no a/c and inconsistent heat which contributed to their choices as well. There was no pressure on the girls to wear skirts. Ever. Not for any occasion. There was a "dress up day" during homecoming week encouraging dress clothes, but that was an out of uniform day. And no one was actually required to participate. That was the only time it was even remotely suggested that anyone wear a dress, skirt, dress shirt, tie or jacket. 

10 hours ago, neurogirl said:

And here are her posts showing the boys' and girls' rooms.  

It looks like a heck of a height 3 bunks up, but I suppose the shelves that appear perilously close to the beds might help break your fall. And your head.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, katilac said:

It looks like a heck of a height 3 bunks up, but I suppose the shelves that appear perilously close to the beds might help break your fall. And your head.

The boys beds look soooo claustrophobic. Is it healthy to sleep in such a tiny space? I'm asking seriously. 6 children all breathing in small spaces, plus the curtains...

The girls room looks way better. At least they can breath. But, sincerely, the identical beds with the long curtains look like a hospital. A cute, comfy, children ward of a hospital.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7

I also think the boys beds look claustrophobic, and with a typical cold/flu season, it looks like that if one boy caught a cold, he would spread it to his brothers relatively quickly. Of course, if Covid-19 did manage to hit there, the boys would quickly spread it among themselves, and going by some of those Instagram posts, she would be quick to blame "the stinker" Frankie even if he had nothing to do with somehow contracting that virus, even if he managed to keep testing negative.

• Upvote 4

Uniforms - most schools (Catholic or not) in Australia have them. Most primary schools have t-shirts, tracksuit pants, shorts, dresses, skirts and skorts as options (and sweaters and hats). The more expensive the private school - Catholic or other - the more expensive the uniform. Public schools you can usually get the right coloured trackies, skirts etc. at Kmart. Secondary schools across the board seem to still be fixated on boys in pants/shirts, girls in dresses or shirts/skirts, which annoys me. I like what this NZ school did with their gender-neutral uniform.  Want to wear a kilt? Go for it. Want to wear shorts/pants? Go for it.

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

On 5/19/2020 at 9:05 AM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

you read her Easter blog post she humble brags about why Jack is such an absolutely perfect fit  for the Academy and seriously how on earth could they have turned him down. 

I suspect the feeling that he was being pushed into it by his parents and wasn't really into it himself came through in the interview.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

The boys room isn’t tiny. There is easily space for a 3rd, regular bunk bed, there’s no reason to cram the third kid in at the bottom with hardly any breathing space. I assume they have central air that they keep cranked way up or else that space would be even more unbearable for most of the year in Southern California. And I agree with Melissa1977 that the girls room resembles a very nice hospital ward, or an orphanage.

Poor little Frankie. For crying out loud, Kendra, if a kid isn’t talking at 3 it isn’t a choice, it’s either a developmental delay, a psychological issue or abuse, all of which should be investigated and treated properly right away. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

I dunno Kendra, maybe Frankie is such "a stinker" because you keep calling him that and talking about how horrible he is??? Maybe this is your fault???

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

Kendra's girls/ boys rooms reflect Kendra's ideas/ taste for her children -- without a hint of any child's personality. I find them "cute" in a very sterile way.

If you're a boy and not into the Navy/ship thing -- too effing bad, it's what Kendra wants.

If you're a girl and would like a different color scheme or a room that doesn't look like a hospital ward -- too effing bad, it's what Kendra wants.

I will bet you real cash money that those children, especially the girls, are expressly forbidden to ever draw the curtains on their beds.

Who knows what mischief they might get up to behind the curtains.  Can't have that can we?  Remember neither of the children's bathrooms have stall doors. And I suspect the bathrooms themselves don't have doors, much less doors that lock.

I bet Kendra's bathroom has a locking door. bet the bedroom does too.  

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 2

@Red Hair, Black Dress, somewhere on her Insta there’s a pic of the girls peeking out through their closed bed curtains—but yes to everything else you said.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Hane said:

@Red Hair, Black Dress, somewhere on her Insta there’s a pic of the girls peeking out through their closed bed curtains—but yes to everything else you said.

There are also pictures of Jill Rodrigues' social media of her children "about to eat" something. Pictures can be staged.

(I don't know one way or another whether the curtains in the Kendra's kids' rooms are there to show that they *totally have private spaces* but the curtains aren't used OR if these kids actually use the curtains for privacy.)

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Re: Curtaingate, I think it's a step in the right direction that there are curtains at all. The first pictures I saw of the "finished" room (from shortly after they moved in) showed no curtains or rods. So the fact that they added them, even if they aren't often closed, strongly suggests that they can be used at the discretion of the child.

Dormitory-style sleep arrangements don't offend me much. It's the enforced family togetherness at all times outside of sleeping hours that makes me twitch.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

It's the enforced family togetherness at all times outside of sleeping hours that makes me twitch.

It was bad enough pre-COVID, but at least the children escaped to school. I cannot imagine it now.

Pre-COVID Kendra very rarely (i.e., mostly never) mentioned the children had friends over. There was some girls group associated with their parish Betty belonged to that she mentioned  a few times, but never anything for the boys or the rest of the girls. No mentions of athletic teams practice or music lessons or anything else. 

Maybe all these things happen and never make it to the blog,  Maybe childrens' friends come over and they go to the friends' houses. Maybe .... But Kendra has said over and over and over that the advantage of a big family is there is always someone to play with -- and there is the posted Tierney rule that the children must always be doing something to help the family.

Also I always come back to this -- between her blog, twitter, FB, printables business, book writing, and home decorating when does she have time to parent her children? To home school them? To pay attention to them? Not just tell them what they are doing wrong but actually pay attention to each children individually as a person, not just a cog in the Tierney juggernaut.

• Upvote 6

32 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

It was bad enough pre-COVID, but at least the children escaped to school. I cannot imagine it now.

Pre-COVID Kendra very rarely (i.e., mostly never) mentioned the children had friends over. There was some girls group associated with their parish Betty belonged to that she mentioned  a few times, but never anything for the boys or the rest of the girls. No mentions of athletic teams practice or music lessons or anything else. 

Maybe all these things happen and never make it to the blog,  Maybe childrens' friends come over and they go to the friends' houses. Maybe .... But Kendra has said over and over and over that the advantage of a big family is there is always someone to play with -- and there is the posted Tierney rule that the children must always be doing something to help the family.

Also I always come back to this -- between her blog, twitter, FB, printables business, book writing, and home decorating when does she have time to parent her children? To home school them? To pay attention to them? Not just tell them what they are doing wrong but actually pay attention to each children individually as a person, not just a cog in the Tierney juggernaut.

I think she has a lot of help that we don’t see. I bet she has a regular house cleaner. And I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a tutor as well.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I don't agree with a lot of what Kendra puts out on her blog or social media, but she does allow the kids to do stuff outside the family. She has posted about making dinner to take to the ball field on game nights and in her Christmas card post she mentioned that the three oldest boys participated in sports and that Betty was a camp counselor and candy striper and founded the Yell Crew at school- so they do at least get some time away from the family to interact with their peers (although it is peers from Kendra approved schools/organizations). It seems like the kids don't get a whole lot of interaction outside the family until they start going to high school/middle school.

• Upvote 1

I’m not surprised she allows a few extra curricular activities. As long as she approves of course. I could see her wanting her children to have a social life. But only on her terms. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic