IGNORED

Mills Family 7: Oh, Look, Another Reason to Detest Tom

nelliebelle1197

6 hours ago, justlooking said:

Also - I know Andrea mentioned one time in one of her videos that they have a narcissist in their life

Just the one then Andrea? 

Also I would trust her diagnosis of anyone about as much as I'd trust the rest of her judgement.

I can't get over doing a 4 hour live video of basically nothing. Tom, 20 mins is fine.

• Upvote 11

There's no reason to only buy clothes once or twice a year. And that's not even true. They frequently picked up kid's clothes at Walmart during their "look at how great Tom can put junk in a cart" videos. 

I honestly don't know what these people did all day. A normal stay-at-home mom of 9 would spend her days getting her kids out the door for school, playing with the babies, teaching the toddlers, grocery shopping, cleaning, making sure the kids had healthy lunches if they weren't on the lunch program, doing laundry, feeding the babies and toddlers, and whatever hobbies she has, before getting the kids off the bus/from school, and making sure they get to soccer/church/basketball/gymnastics/whatever, before chores and homework.

But not Andrea! She had to keep them at home all the time, so there was no reason she couldn't have taken them to get groceries or clothing as needed. Even if she wanted to keep a schedule of M-F playing school, they don't have obligations or anything scheduled. No reason to wait to buy clothes twice a year. Isn't part of the allure of homeschooling that you aren't tied to the normal 9-3 schedule? Does Tom work his store 7 days a week? 

Plus with Moorcroft being in Wyoming, they would need winter clothes and summer clothes, and inbetween clothes. Last winters clothes are not going to fit! 

The adult women in chat  were trying to tell Tom that Eden would be an XS in women's clothes and that junior clothes are sized different, but I stopped listening to that fight - he's a jerk, and Eden is not an XS. And the whole "you need to find a woman to take her" is some sexist bullshit. He's perfectly capable of figuring out teen sizing, if he wanted to. (Spoiler: he doesn't, because he's a narcissistic jerk) 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

30 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Plus with Moorcroft being in Wyoming, they would need winter clothes and summer clothes, and inbetween clothes. Last winters clothes are not going to fit! 

Yup! But Andrea wore flip flops all year long and was defiant about it, so there’s that.

31 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

clothes and that junior clothes are sized different, but I stopped listening to that fight - he's a jerk, and Eden is not an XS. And the whole "you need to find a woman to take her" is some sexist bullshit. He's perfectly capable of figuring out teen sizing, if he wanted to. (

Exactly. Ffs, he needs to give her some dignity and privacy. And everyone over there needs to stop assuming men can’t figure it out and random women on the ‘Tube are better at helping a 10 year old.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

14 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I can't get over none of this stuff being passed down. Seriously, why aren't the younger kids wearing the t-shirt their sibling grew out of in spring? 

Don't they have a need for more climate-specific clothes more often than that? Geez, I go through my son's wardrobe at the end of each term, and take out the stuff he's grown out of, put in the stuff he's grown into and pay attention to the warmer/cooler weather clothing as we change seasons. And he has no older siblings - but most of his clothing is handed down from his cousins (and from bigger kids at school in the case of school uniform). After he grew 3cm in about 3 months we realised we needed to check pretty frequently! 

Also adjustable waists are the best thing ever in kids clothing, especially if you have a lanky child with no butt. 

“Climate specific clothes”...... in the dead of winter Hannah was always put  to bed wearing only a diaper, nothing else covering her body.    Now that the weather is warmer, it looks like she is wearing footed pajamas.  Wtf?!

He is bat shit crazy, on every level.  

13 hours ago, Grandma D said:

Poor Solly again wearing shoes that are too small to begin with and falling apart and then dear old dad forgets to buy him a new pair when he shops! I would never buy my kids shoes without trying them on first.  Tom needs some help and is too busy performing for the camera as a candidate for a new wife showing what an involved and awesome dad he is. He refers to himself as daddy when talking about himself which is odd. I hope counseling will help him see he needs help with the kids and house and he needs a healthier diet for all of them. Shopping for candy and then making a dessert pizza with lollipops and a gumball as a pre bedtime treat and no then no teeth brushing is horrible self care. Seems like there is no common sense going on in that house. Andrea must not have taught them good dental hygeine. 

The hygiene wasn’t any better when Andrea was alive.   They are slobs.  They just don’t care.   Filthy house, bodies, clothes, hair, teeth, air, cooking utensils.  The list is endless.  

3 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

I can't help but point out the irony of Andrea lecturing her minions on "doing it good enough is better than not doing it at all" while driving. How about NOT filming while driving? 

She was a dimwit of the first degree.   

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

Just the one then Andrea? 

Also I would trust her diagnosis of anyone about as much as I'd trust the rest of her judgement.

I keep finding videos of her crying and ranting. It blows my mind that this woman had actual fans that thought her advice was worth anything. One such video was about a woman who talked to Tom when she wasn't around and had some Meyers Brigg letter soup that was bad, I guess.

And not to be too crass,  but the more I learn about Andrea, the more I realize that there was pretty much zero chance that Andrea would live longer than the average woman. Between the lack of healthcare, lack of exercise, poor diet, and general lack of safety precautions I'm actually surprised it was such a rare, unable to be detected cancer instead of an automobile crash or childbirth injury. 

Also wtf again to them not ever talking about what to do in the event of either of their deaths. I have a plan for my bird and cat (and a plant) and they didn't even bother for their kids! 

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

can't get over doing a 4 hour live video of basically nothing. Tom, 20 mins is fine.

He does this all the time. No effort at all being put in the videos.  Tommy just prays that his "Props" i.e. the kids wiĺl continue to bring in views and comments.

Does anyone else think that there will soon be an introduction of the new woman in his life. What's the odds?  And I think that she will be somethìng of a looker!  

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 3

Styes are a bacterial infection in the eyelid.  It isn’t surprising to me that Tom has one, and that he doesn’t have them consistently.    He is nothing but filth and grime.  When I used to watch Andrea’s videos for my hate-hate fix, and Tom’s videos for a while - not once did I see them or the kids ever wash their hands.    It’s a miracle all of them aren’t sick all of the time.  It must be true that God takes care of fools/Tom, and kids.    It’s also true to never argue with a fool/Tom, especially a narcissistic egomaniac.

He goes to the store and grabs a germ ridden cart, touches everything in the store. Goes home and touches  pizza dough, etc.   Never washing his hands, never.    He digs his butt which has a once a week bath, maybe less than that.  It’s no surprise that he empties the Walmart shelves of foot spray and powder.   His clothes are filthy.  He is disgusting.   The children are little ragamuffins, but it is not their fault.    Tangled hair, too big/small clothes and shoes.   All starved for attention, and starved for nutritious food. 

The color coded clothing is just asinine.  For gawd sake!!   The children are already prisoners in that grimy dump, then they are forced to look like they live in a cult compound.   They are not even allowed to select what they want to wear.  They aren’t allowed to have their own individual thoughts and feelings   

For cripes sakes, turn that damn Bible and Alexa off!!   It truly does sound like a flippin’ creepy compound   

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

I keep finding videos of her crying and ranting. It blows my mind that this woman had actual fans that thought her advice was worth anything. One such video was about a woman who talked to Tom when she wasn't around and had some Meyers Brigg letter soup that was bad, I guess.

Can you pls post or inbox links to said videos? TIA.

• Upvote 2

Several comments from Tom’s video.   Surprising he didn’t delete them.  Probably left them up so his goons could attack.   

“Hey Tom, you need to teach all of your children how to wash their hands before eating, and before preparing food.”

”Have you guys considered walking to the store?  Fresh air, exercise, good habits!”

”Two year olds need lots of daily structure.”

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, Olivia Marie said:

Several comments from Tom’s video.   Surprising he didn’t delete them.  Probably left them up so his goons could attack.   

“Hey Tom, you need to teach all of your children how to wash their hands before eating, and before preparing food.”

”Have you guys considered walking to the store?  Fresh air, exercise, good habits!”

"Isn't it terrible how people attack me by offering good advice?"

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8

7 hours ago, Olivia Marie said:

I added and brush their teeth at least twice a day under the hand washing comment but he must not have approved mine! Oh well. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Olivia Marie said:

For cripes sakes, turn that damn Bible and Alexa off!!   It truly does sound like a flippin’ creepy compound   

I already mentioned this but in case some didn't see it. Poor Solly was lonely becasue the older boys and Tom were playing Magic. He kept getting out of bed and Tom kept harshly telling him to go back. Some nice person in the chat, who I think was just showing genuine concern, asked If there was a radio in the room so Solly could hear kids tunes or something to help settle him down and not feel so lonely by himself. Tom said "He has the Bible playing". 

I'm all for kids learning about their religion, any religion, whatever it is, and it's his choice how to do that with his kids, but I wish he would loosen up a little and see that the little ones need comfort at times, especially bed time. It could be that sometimes things in the Bible could be a little frightening to a little one to hear when they are by themselves with no one to explain. It would not hurt to have some age appropriate things for a little boy to listen to that would be comforting to him and not feel like he's in a bible class 24/7.  I said it before, he expects way too much from his little kids, he wants them to behave in a way that is much older.

14 hours ago, Pleiades_06 said:

everyone over there needs to stop assuming men can’t figure it out and random women on the ‘Tube are better at helping a 10 year old.

I agree he absolutely CAN learn just like anyone else does, you learn by doing. You make mistakes but then next time you know not to do whatever you did wrong. Trial and error. He doesn't want to figure it out. He's doing the bare minimum of what it takes right now. He wants to wait for the new Mrs. Mills to take over.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Itsjustme said:

but I wish he would loosen up a little and see that the little ones need comfort at times, especially bed time. 

Moorcrofts worst dad never ever takes into account all of those children have needed comfort since the passing of their mom. He sends them to bed unbathed, teeth unbrushed and the baby possibly hungry so he can hop on you tube and cry, seek pity for himself and comfort for his selfish self. The grief of her passing has only impacted him in his way of thinking. Early on he was saying the kids were doing ok. They weren’t doing ok, he just didn’t want to acknowledge their grief and deal with it because it would take the attention from him. He is an attention whore, we all know that.

Just some cuddles, a short story, gentle talk, a kiss on the forehead, just time spent with those poor children would be so much nicer. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 2

15 hours ago, Shaquillle Oatmeal said:

Can you pls post or inbox links to said videos? TIA.

This is the one where someone talked to Tom when she wasn't home. 

Spoiler

And  this is the one where she goes on and on and on about "hypocritics" and "people are mean" 

Spoiler

And the q & as, she gets ranty when people asked questions she didn't like or wasn't prepared to talk about. Normal people just would ignore the question but not Andrea! 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

I’m not watching the live but I turned it on for 1 second and he’s preaching his much repeated claim that he thinks Hannah and the rest of the family all had coronavirus back in November. I think it’s his way of dismissing the severity of the virus, saying like, oh we all had it and it was insignificant, just like any other sickness so much that we didn’t even know. I just don’t understand the motivation for people to act like the virus isn’t actually serious...

• Upvote 6

My daughter and I tried to do some 'normal' things today that we always enjoy doing.  We ordered ahead at Chipotle, picked up our order and ate in the car.  Then we walked a block to Barnes and Noble to browse and buy some books.  We wore masks everywhere as did everyone else, and we didn't run into a lot of other people.  We had fun, but talked about how this is still not normal and that people have to admit that and deal with it by doing the right thing.   My point is that as much as people like Tom pretend this isn't real or doesn't affect them the harder it will be for them emotionally, especially if they are touched by Covid 19 as we have been in my family.  My sister and brother-in-law have recovered, but after three weeks in the hospital and a lot of not really knowing if they would be ok.  I guess Tom missed the memo about how Covid wasn't in the US in November.  I've also known a few people who've had the exact symptoms of Covid (like all of them) and tested negative  So we really don't know enough, and people like Tom, Jill, etc make me nervous and grateful that they're not my neighbors.  They need to grow up and realize that life won't be 'normal' for quite a while yet.   What's hardest for me in all this is that life seems to have lost its spontaneity, but I'm willing to wait six months or so until there's a vaccine.   

• Upvote 8
  • Love 5

So, Holly and Tom are clearly no longer on friendly terms. She can't stand his ignorance about nutrition in a ridiculous conversation about the health of hot dogs, and Tom doesn't have a leg to stand on in any nutrition or health-related topic but since his voice dominates on his channel, he can say what he likes with no one arguing and he LOVES it. Honestly the chat tonight is more promising than usual, no one is outright challenging Tom but there have been good opinions going around about needing to take the severity of the virus seriously, and plenty of people who have more of a clue about healthy eating than Tom. I think many may know he's full of crap on a lot of things but are willing to let it slide because they want to watch his kids and don't really care. But when someone voices the opposite opinion to Tom in a calm and intelligent way they do support the person, which is interesting.

Edited by can'tstopwatching
  • Upvote 8

How is he allowed to feature his children in the video so heavily and have comments? 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, can'tstopwatching said:

I just don’t understand the motivation for people to act like the virus isn’t actually serious...

Magical thinking, combined with a dash of science. If we already had it we can't get sick, so need to change behaviour. If we pretend we already had it then we can't get sick, so no need to change behaviour.  If it's "just flu" and everyone's overreacting then it won't hurt me.

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 9

Oh boy, Tom back at working on the bathroom. He actually thinks Hannah had the Coronavirus back in November becasue she was so sick and needed a breathing treatment at the hospital. I'm guessing it was probably the flu or bronchitis, matter of fact they were all sick in the Fall and then they all got sick again in December with the stomach bug. Babies and toddlers DO run high fevers when they get sick, it doesn't mean they had the Coronavirus.

His credit is used up at Diehl's. That's pretty good that it lasted 10 months! Of course he didn't say don't send anymore. He never buys anything significant in there anyway, it's basically just a junk food run, but hey he'd rather let others pay for his bad habits.

He's playing the "I'm not sure what I'm doing" I think he knows exactly what he's doing. I've seen videos of him helping at his mothers house with other guys in the family, building things and putting up walls, etc. But this video was all doom and gloom and whoa is me.  He's asking in a whiny tone "I don't know what to do....should I do one coat on the whole room or do a second coat on the whole room? "The INTJ in me wants to get these walls to perfection first". "I think I know what the answer is, do one coat on the whole room".  

He's  also doing the question thing where he asks and they answer. He does it with the thumbs up. "Do you think we can make that number double?" He could care less what they think, he's using reverse psychology on them. He's a master at manipulation.  He's making total fools of them, and they go along with it like some bunch of robots. He even told Thomas one night if you just ask for thumbs up people won't do it, but if you give them a challenge they will. So he knows he's manipulating people.

Also I noticed he kept mentioning Andrea, Andrea would be saying this, Andrea would be telling me that, Andrea would be laughing at me, Andrea would be doing this, etc. Something interesting he said was if he couldn't do something Andrea would step in and say "Here, let me do that". Hmmm....wonder if he fakes incompetency in order to get others to do things for him or to feel bad for him? I mean he was saying earlier he didn't know what he was doing....  Pretty telling.

I actually watched  a half hour, went and had dinner, talked on the phone with a friend, went back and he was still on there with all the same people! Then I watched another 35 minutes, It's literally watching paint dry! lol

He's going to do a live dinner, he's making Chicken Alfredo.  

• Upvote 8
  • Disgust 1

For the life of me I don’t understand mother’s and grandmothers who jump quickly to overtly praise dad no matter the topic.  It’s quite easy to see that little Solomon, stuck in birth order among the girls, with brothers all older craves “man time” with his daddy.  But Solomon is not interesting enough to him somehow, just like Claudia.

And to chime in that properly fitting clothing for a girl Eden’s age is not important is ridiculous.  She is at an age where her body is beginning to change and there are men of all stripes with wondering eyes over young girls her age.  Protect her, Tom, by using some common sense.

Hannah behaves the way most 2 year olds do, but also because she can.  Justus is the nicest one of the whole group, a gentle giant in the making.  He never clamors for attention, or is snarky.  I wish he would take a little more interest in Solomon for Solomon’s sake, but understand the age difference.

I am shocked that the whole tribe is not ill all the time.  The little fresh air and inability to run and play around that weed patch of a big yard would not be inviting.  Andrea at least took pride in that part of the place and it had purpose.  Someone in that crew is going to come down with something serious and through the chaos it will not be addressed quickly enough.  When a parent is not even willing to keep the correctly sized shoes on a kid’s feet, it’s telling.  Yet he can spend hours on end with these fawning mothers and grandmothers.

I have enjoyed the Bible discussions, but little else in these past 10 months - downhill all the way.

• Upvote 8

So the live dinner from tonight was...um...not sure what to say it was. Tom made Andreas famous(only in his mind) chicken Alfredo. He also had a spinach salad and mandarin oranges with Girl Scout cookies for dessert. Right off the bat he had to declare that the youtube people couldn’t complain about what he was feeding the kids tonight. Well Tom-I’m going to complain. Claudia and Sophia had a sandwich just before dinner so they ate very little of anything. All I see Sophia eat were cookies and Claudia took a lick of her mandarin orange and that was it. Hannah scarfed her food down (poor baby acted hungry and tired) but Asher kept trying to force a cookie down her and she didn’t want it. Tom complained the whole time he was eating his salad about not liking it-but he only had a handful of salad and drenched it in ranch dressing. 
Eden, Solly and Justus were camping with Andreas sister Bethany so they weren’t there. 
After they were done eating Claudia and Sophia disappeared-assuming they went to play video games downstairs. Asher had Hannah on his lap and Thomas and Judah were on the floor wrestling. It got kind of heated towards the end and I swear I heard one of them call the other one a bitch-at about the 53.50 mark and it sounded like Thomas said it. Tom stepped in like he wanted to get involved in the wrestling but I think it was on the pretense of breaking it up. I could see the two boys were getting upset with each other and it was getting dirty. They took it outside after Tom stepped in and it wouldn’t surprise me if They were still pissed at each other. The video ended shortly after that. 
What I thought was funny was no one wanted to sit up near Tom at the table. Claudia got a little closer but I think it was to be near Hannah. 
Per usual-Tom is tired. Doesn’t have time for anything apparently. Hannah was overtired and hungry. Asher took care of Hannah and cleared the table. Tom kept saying how everyone in the family are picky eaters. His little Holly said that she thought it was Tom that was picky as she remembers videos with Andrea saying that the kids would eat most anything.  Same old same old except for the wrestling match. I have heard both Andrea and Tom say in the past that Judah and Thomas don’t get along very well. 

Edited to add: Tom said they were going to take some trips this summer and also he eats like a pig and kept wiping his food off his mouth onto his pants. ?

Edited by Mom2Bubby
Added thoughts
  • Upvote 8
  • Disgust 3

47 minutes ago, Caroline said:

I guess Tom missed the memo about how Covid wasn't in the US in November.  I've also known a few people who've had the exact symptoms of Covid (like all of them) and tested negative. 

Covid 19 has been traced to China in mid November. The chances that it made its way to a homeschooled family in Moorcroft WY in November are astronomical. They likely had influenza. 

The chances of a fed ex pilot or a UPS pilot or a pilot flying from San Francisco to Wuhan or Seattle to Wuhan who picked up the virus on a layover and traveled to Moorcroft or Gillette and came into contact with Tommy Boy is slim to none. 

I turned on the live dinner but didn't care enough to watch. I don't care much for adult son Thomas, he has very arrogant body language, sitting at the head of the table. Probably learned it from his dad. 

Tom is so worried about kids not liking stuff and wasting food. Just put veggies in front of them and encourage them to try the foods. Put books in front of them that talk about different foods. 

Go to the farmers market and pick up fresh produce, chop up tomatoes and grate carrots and put it on iceberg lettuce and let them choose a salad dressing. 

These kids are all going to end up with weird relationships with food and low self esteem from their dad talking over them and telling them everything is icky. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Mom2Bubby said:

Hannah scarfed her food down (poor baby acted hungry and tired) but Asher kept trying to force a cookie down her and she didn’t want it.

Someone on chat said maybe she was cutting teeth and that probably is the case, the second molars usually come in around two years. Come to think of it I never saw him ever give that baby a teething ring or use Baby Orajel. So that means she suffers through the pain of teething. These second molars can cause the most pain.  He's always saying she's grumpy or in a bad mood. You think? He moaned about his stye, imagine how that baby feels.

Asher isn't going to know or recognize what to look for and that's why he shouldn't be doing everything. The guy is totally clueless on raising children and he doesn't have to be. He just needs to get a pediatrician!!!!  Then he will have guidance,  including for Claudia, Solly, and Sophia. Instead he pawns off his responsibility to a minor. It's just....I don't know....horrible.  

• Upvote 8

And so the observed neglect continues . Poor Claudia, moves herself to a position on the table directly facing her father and wanting his attention. The way she stares at him, and demands his attention, is almost provocative ( his attention is lacking because he feels so sorry for himself, and seeks narcissistic supply from his fans.)Claudia licking the orange but never intending to eat it and trying so hard to leave some impact on her father, likely the response from a child wanting love. Tommo, show your daughter that your love and appreciate her if you can. At the same time  you are an awful and painful excuse of a father, so I wont hold my breath.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic