IGNORED

Mills Family 7: Oh, Look, Another Reason to Detest Tom

nelliebelle1197

Eden talks so very monotone, and almost whines the last word she says. I wonder why her aunts/grandmother do not work with her on that. I feel bad for her. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

There's really no reason to be critical of the tone any child uses to speak.

Eden is incredibly neglected, both socially and educationally. Children in that situation sometimes learn maladaptive ways to get attention. The younger kids are all in desperate need of speech therapy, but even having an adult who regularly engaged in simple conversations with them would be beneficial. None of the kids have that, though, so we will of course see occasional behaviors stemming from this (lack of) upbringing.

• Upvote 16
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, WhaddaIKnow said:

Eden talks so very monotone, and almost whines the last word she says. I wonder why her aunts/grandmother do not work with her on that. I feel bad for her. 

Eden has an affected drawl whereby each word is flattened and lengthened.  As though she is drowsily coming round from general anaesthesia.  

It is beyond irritating and I wish Tom would gently suggest that she speak more fluently and less groggily.  But he won’t. Occasionally, I have heard Eden speak with a little more feeling so I’m inclined to think this affectation is solely for YT time.

In one of the lives a woman said something (?) which Tommo answered by saying that he had been married once before. He didn’t mention his eldest daughter.  

Milena said on her channel that she was born out of wedlock.  It would be interesting to know the truth and whether the marriage took place after Mileena’s birth. It isn’t important in the scheme of things, but I’m curious!  ? 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

As long as they still made a profit who cares whether everything she bought was on sale or not? She was still buying it there, and not at Wal-Mart.

This is a small independent store. They are not able to buy in quantities as Walmart and other large stores do. Grocery stores have a very narrow profit margin. They put items on sale to draw folks in expecting them to purchase other regular price items. I doubt they made a profit on the sale items she bought so her saying they supported them is a crock.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, brotherhusbandsgalore said:

There's really no reason to be critical of the tone any child uses to speak.

Eden is incredibly neglected, both socially and educationally. Children in that situation sometimes learn maladaptive ways to get attention. The younger kids are all in desperate need of speech therapy, but even having an adult who regularly engaged in simple conversations with them would be beneficial. None of the kids have that, though, so we will of course see occasional behaviors stemming from this (lack of) upbringing.

Eden does not have her needs met, I agree.  It’s glaringly obvious that intervention and advice is needed and hopefully, at some point that will be addressed by female members of the extended family.

There is a fine distinction between being critical of the person or making an observation on certain issues.

’Free Jinger’ is a free speech site I’m happy to say.  Constructive criticism as in “lose the drawl” is an observation;  not malicious and not hate speech.

Hopefully, each of the younger children will benefit from intensive speech therapy because they certainly need that.

• Upvote 4
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Rufus Bless 1

Eden speaks fine. It's when she's reading that her voice goes monotone. Probably because she doesn't go to school and her home school is a joke. Most of us had to read out loud in front of 20 other people our ages, and we had to listen to others read. I had books that came with an audio version. We had television shows that were educational(ish). Eden got A.C.E. and 24/7 audio bible.   

• Upvote 4

I was raised in a very isolated, homeschooling, no personal independence, etc. family (though not as severe as this family). This way of speaking is automatic and a coping mechanism for shame/embarrassment/being overly conscious of speaking because the norm is to automatically toe the line and not talk or not have your own opinions. At least that was the case for me and others I know. Even though on youtube and in the current situation, it seems more normal for the kids to converse and speak their mind than it may have been in the past, this extreme self-consciousness lasts. Talking is so hard and self-conscious in that kind of circumstance and I honestly don't know the best way to overcome that, other than exposure to other people and continued opportunities to talk and explore new things.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, drpepp said:

Talking is so hard and self-conscious in that kind of circumstance and I honestly don't know the best way to overcome that, other than exposure to other people and continued opportunities to talk and explore new things.

I so agree with what you have said.  For sure, Eden is attempting to interact with these strangers, some of whom are extremely intrusive and speak as though they are close friends of Tom and the kids. 

It truly concerns me that Tommy boy might find uninvited visitors on his doorstep, ready to roll their sleeves up and take on the job of deep cleaning the hovel.  

How are those kids able to sleep in such claustrophobic circumstances? 

He has money now (from the GFM ) and as he is looking for wife number 3, he ought to have a bedroom with en-suite built because nobody would want to sleep in that dreary bedroom, with it's awful decor!  

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, All About the Shekels said:

This is a small independent store. They are not able to buy in quantities as Walmart and other large stores do. Grocery stores have a very narrow profit margin. They put items on sale to draw folks in expecting them to purchase other regular price items. I doubt they made a profit on the sale items she bought so her saying they supported them is a crock.

I agree. Andrea and Tom did/do not go to that grocery store because they want to support a local business, they explicitly complain multiple times at the high prices there and explain that that's why they do most of their shopping at Walmart. They go to Diehl's because it is down the street and that supports their laziness, simple as that. Supporting a local business is just a positive bonus effect from it that Tom thinks makes him look good. Tom doesn't know how to handle money or read price tags as he has admitted himself (especially when it wasn't his money he was spending) so hopefully the store is profiting off them more now!

• Upvote 7

My heart breaks for the forgotten kids they are all in desperate need of loving and attention and normalcy. 
  I am alarmed with the way Solly looks lately. So so thin and  dark circles around his eyes. 
He follows Asher around talking to him , trying to make a connection- Asher does his best. 
I am attaching a screenshot of Solly with him looking pretty malnourished in my opinion. 
Is it just me, or does he look sick to others too?

00A5972A-DC02-4A64-B658-E7AE68BAD2A8.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, WhatAlife said:

My heart breaks for the forgotten kids they are all in desperate need of loving and attention and normalcy. 
  I am alarmed with the way Solly looks lately. So so thin and  dark circles around his eyes. 
He follows Asher around talking to him , trying to make a connection- Asher does his best. 
I am attaching a screenshot of Solly with him looking pretty malnourished in my opinion. 
Is it just me, or does he look sick to others too?

00A5972A-DC02-4A64-B658-E7AE68BAD2A8.jpeg

Yes I agree! He also came home from the last sleepover for some reason and Tom seemed annoyed. He came upstairs during a live saying there was a spider and Tom told him to go back to bed. Totally discounted him. Can you imagine being g 7 and hav ing to sleep  in the scary basement in a tomb like area with no one around at times. Then the live bible study where he humiliated him about his school work. He gets ignored when he talks because he takes so long to form his words. Maybe his poor diet is leading to his difficulty focusing on his school work or maybe a lack of supervision. I feel so sad for him. There is something you going on and Tom is oblivious as usual. Look what happened to Andrea! I hope he gets checked out.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 5

I feel bad for all of those kids (obviously) but my heart hurts mostly for Claudia, Solomon, Eden & Justus. I feel like those four are definitely not his favorite and he makes that very obvious (especially Claudia & Solomon) those 2 just need someone to give them some love & cuddles & attention. It hurts my heart so badly to see how he treats them. Those 2 little ones would absolutely thrive in the right environment. I know I've said this before but Claudia's personality reminds me so much of myself as a little kid. I know how it feels to be treated that way and Tom better knock it off and start treating them kids with some love & attention or he's going to lose them once they are old enough to leave. Hey Tom, just because that little girl doesn't fit into your little mold doesn't mean you can be an asshole to her. She is her own person. Let her be herself. Sure, give her some guidance but for the love of God be a father to her! That's what she needs! 

Edited by mollysmom
clarification
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 5

4 hours ago, Grandma D said:

Maybe his poor diet is leading to his difficulty focusing on his school work or maybe a lack of supervision. I feel so sad for him.

With all the sugar those kids eat it's no wonder he can't focus and concentrate between the sugar high and then the drop in blood sugar, would make you extremely tired and unmotivated. I'm sure many of them have nutritional deficiencies and sugar highs and lows. He doesn't even sit down and feed the baby and certainly she's not eating age appropriate foods. Nutrition is important in the early years, it helps while a child's brain and body is growing.

Everything he does with those kids is age inappropriate, he has no clue. Putting Hannah in a bike trailer and then riding on the shoulder of  a highway. Those trailers are meant to be on bike trails, smooth, paved, bike trails. Not bumpy shoulders of the road. Also allowing Hannah to fall asleep in the bottom of a shower with her blanket and pillow? These things are not normal but he doesn't realize that becasue they live in a freakin cave away from the rest of the world. It's the world according to Tom.

He said in the live today that Claudia shows love by insulting and being sarcastic. No tom, children learn from what they see and hear and that includes  from you and your other children. So maybe there is an issue there becasue no one is supervising properly. 

Those children need ADULT supervision.  Honestly between the napping in the shower and  cooking oatmeal in the microwave and then putting an ice cube in it should show you that even the littlest things are not being done properly.  The 16 year old boy has no training in child CPR or FIRST AID. You are playing roulette with your childrens lives by expecting a MINOR to do an ADULT'S job. No kid should be shouldering an adults responsibility. You have to be prepared for the worst, not  ignore it.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

14 minutes ago, mollysmom said:

I feel bad for all of those kids (obviously) but my heart hurts mostly for Claudia, Solomon, Eden & Justus. I feel like those four are definitely not his favorite and he makes that very obvious (especially Claudia & Solomon) those 2 just need someone to give them some love & cuddles & attention

All of the little kids are not being nurtured and properly supervised. They aren't getting the kind of attention they should be getting at all It's hard work to take care of little kids and he's being lazy. Hey, if you weren't too tired to make them you aren't too tired to take PROPER care of them. 

19 minutes ago, mollysmom said:

Sure, give her some guidance but for the love of God be a father to her! That's what she needs! 

He ignores what he doesn't want to face. Claudia isn't being the perfect little miss that Sophia has learned to be, Sophia tattles on Claudia a lot and Tom always believes Sophia, therefore Sophia is learning she can manipulate situations.  It's his own insecurities that can't handle a child maybe being imperfect, whether a medical cause or a personality cause. He's all about image, total narcissist. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Tom is a stupid, sarcastic, know it all, piece of crap. He’s a piss poor father and I feel so bad for those kids. 
I have heard Eden talk to her parents and siblings the same way she talks when she’s reading questions on the lives. Eden, Sophia and Solomon all need help with their speech. All of the kids, and especially the younger ones, need a decent diet-something they aren’t getting from father of the year. 
He can be the biggest ass he wants to be and pretend to know it all, but at the very least he should take better care of his kids. Asher is a big brother not a father. It’s not his responsibility to take care of those little ones. I wish those dimwits that keep saying Asher would make such a good father would come to their senses and realize he s just a teenage boy. I so wish that someone in authority would watch some of these lives and see what kind of life these kids are living. I understand they aren’t getting beaten and have a roof over their heads and food in their bellies(although it’s crappy food and not nutritious) but for Gods sake, don’t they deserve more than this? Claudia and Solomon get all but ignored and shit on, Hannah isn't old enough to eat most of what she gets fed, none of the littles eat even close to an all inclusive diet like their asshat father claims. 
They don’t get bathed properly. They live in a cramped, dirty, smelly house. 
Old Tommy boy bought cherries the other night. I hope he takes the pits out of them before he feeds them to the little kids. 
He claimed once again that a public school education is crap and home school is the way to go. 
They came home from the local store Thursday night, he went out to pet the rabbit(and so did Hannah) and then proceeded to make supper with his hands and never washed them. Hannah’s didn't get washed either.  And he continually wipes his hands on his pants. Ever heard of a paper towel Tom? 
This guy who claims to support his family has been living off charity ever since his wife died. And his videos have become the Hannah show. I’d say him and Ratchet face deserve each other but the kids don’t deserve that. I hope every single one of those kids tell him to shove it when they become of age. I hope they treat I’m like he has been treating them. 
I heard him say he went to therapy the other morning. Want to bet he tells the therapist he knows it all? God I despise this poor excuse of a man. He’s a poor excuse of a man, father, husband, human...(end rant) ? 

(I know all of what I’ve said has been said by others, but the last live shopping trip just set me off. Sorry to vent). 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Mom2Bubby said:

I have heard Eden talk to her parents and siblings the same way she talks when she’s reading questions on the lives. Eden, Sophia and Solomon all need help with their speech

My son had what is medically known as a "tongue tie". It's just a band of tissue under the tongue that  releases just before birth but when it doesn't it binds the tongue down too much so it causes problems with latching in breast feeding and later speech problems.  If we had not been seeing a pediatrician to tell us what was wrong we would have never known until he got older and it really became problematic. 

It was a simple surgery to snip the band  of tissue, while he was an infant, so of course he has no recollection of it,  and becasue of early intervention he had no problems with his speech, swallowing, or eating. 

Without seeking medical care  you won't know of any problems and then they can become worse if not treated. Not saying they have the same but what if it is something that could have been avoided or treated early? How can you look at your child struggling to speak and do nothing? What if they don't "grow out of it"? Without medical care you'll never know either way if it's correctable or not. Lord knows I'm no parental genius and I'm not well off at all, but my child's basic needs were always met. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Heavy dark circles under a child’s eyes can be a sign of untreated allergies. Which can be exacerbated by poor sleep. 

All of those kids need so much that nobody’s giving them. Love, attention, a clean and safe environment, medical care, an education...the list goes on. It breaks my heart, really it does. 

• Upvote 5

55 minutes ago, Itsjustme said:

My son had what is medically known as a "tongue tie". It's just a band of tissue under the tongue that  releases just before birth but when it doesn't it binds the tongue down too much so it causes problems with latching in breast feeding and later speech problems.  If we had not been seeing a pediatrician to tell us what was wrong we would have never known until he got older and it really became problematic. 

It was a simple surgery to snip the band  of tissue, while he was an infant, so of course he has no recollection of it,  and becasue of early intervention he had no problems with his speech, swallowing, or eating. 

I take it you don't follow Zsu? If not, and you want to be angry, I'd recommend checking out her threads, her daughter Chloe had tongue tie and nearly starved to death due to Zsu's lack of interest in "modern medicine." (Of course, modern medicine was fantastic when it saved Zsu's life during her twin pregnancy.) 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, Ekaterina said:

I so agree with what you have said.  For sure, Eden is attempting to interact with these strangers, some of whom are extremely intrusive and speak as though they are close friends of Tom and the kids. 

Yes, I am so proud of her and happy that at least the kids have this opportunity to interact with people. One thing that is so hard about some speech difficulties is that drawing attention to them can make them worse. It's like with stuttering or selective mutism--part of helping someone overcome them is not bringing it up. Drawing attention to it increases the shame and makes you more self-conscious about it. I hope with time it will slowly change. I do hope people will stop bringing it up on the channel because I only see that doing harm as she may hear about it or others may talk to her about it; I don't see it encouraging him to seek treatment.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Itsjustme said:

My son had what is medically known as a "tongue tie". It's just a band of tissue under the tongue that  releases just before birth but when it doesn't it binds the tongue down too much so it causes problems with latching in breast feeding and later speech problems.

Our eldest child had tongue tie also. It was a hospital birth as it was my first child and I was only 17yrs old. - and very happily married btw.  

It was the very old school, very professional midwife who visited me at home who discovered the tongue tie.  She snipped the tissue, there was a little blood and wailing but all was well.  I was distraught at seeing my son hurt.  However and in retrospect, I realise how fortunate I was with medical care.  

Our other two children were home births with midwife present.  Although the third child almost came before midwife arrived.  My beautiful husband and our neighbour were there but really had no clue about delivering a baby.  But they would have coped.  Goodness, I'm becoming traumatised remembering all this.  

We always had wanted more children but lived in a world where more than 2.or 3 babies was frowned upon.  We should have had one more.  I regret that.  But realise how lucky we are to have our three wonderful kids.

There are no favourites.  They are never humiliated.  They would never have their Daddy or me saying what Tommy boy said to Claudia.  Soul or heart .... neither is "black".  

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, drpepp said:

It's like with stuttering or selective mutism--part of helping someone overcome them is not bringing it up. Drawing attention to it increases the shame and makes you more self-conscious about it.

You don't ignore problems that need medical intervention. How does one "overcome" a problem without professional intervention???  Perhaps for the first time the father might be made aware instead of sweeping it under the rug. AND the child should not be allowed to read peoples replies or interact with total strangers on the channel. She's only 10 years old and there needs to be supervision. At one time Tom said his kids were not allowed to go on the web, so why does he allow his little girl to talk to people? For views. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Itsjustme said:

You don't ignore problems that need medical intervention. How does one "overcome" a problem without professional intervention???  Perhaps for the first time the father might be made aware instead of sweeping it under the rug. AND the child should not be allowed to read peoples replies or interact with total strangers on the channel. She's only 10 years old and there needs to be supervision. At one time Tom said his kids were not allowed to go on the web, so why does he allow his little girl to talk to people? For views. 

THIS:  YES!  I think that drpepp may have misunderstood my meaning in saying that “Eden is attempting to interact with these strangers .... “.  My thoughts on having the kids speaking to the morons is that they are being put at risk.  

At risk, in Eden’s case, of attempting to appear older and sophisticated.  Eden is at a very vulnerable age, no longer a child in many people’s eyes, but for sure she is nowhere near thinking and acting in an adult, mature way.  The monotone and drawl is an act perfected for YT nutjobs.  I have heard her speak to her siblings in a perfectly normal, outgoing way!  

Behind those channels with the smiling profile pics may lurk a predator or pedophile.  But Daddy wouldn’t think about that now, would he.  Beware of allowing kids to interact with total (adult) strangers on YT!

The Tommy videos are boringly the same.  By introducing himself, he comes across as an arrogant, know it all.  He has no charisma.  No channel content other than a drive to the shops and allowing the kids to buy candy, making pizza and talking about himself.  Pity Party time for Tom!

The kids make that channel attractive to subs and many are genuinely interested in their welfare and watching them grow.  Tommy ought to know better than to allow his kids unsupervised time on the Internet.  Or to allow his daughter to verbally reply to comments.  

I agree with whoever said that Tommy Boy and Ratchet Face deserve each other.  Who knows??  Stranger things have happened!  

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1

They had a live tonight about playing magic. 

I don't know which boy is which anymore other than Thomas, but I think that Asher was at the kid's table, helping them play memory with magic cards (oh dear, too much going on), and Justis? was looking kinda dirty, Judah was being charming and making faces, and Thomas was looking like a Hitler youth with his haircut that I hate. Eden was slouching (i want to make her sit up correctly! She has no role models whatsoever.) but still looking cleaner than usual, and somewhat happy. 

Tom was a jerk, as always, talking over one of his kids to answer a question about how he "speaks Spanish" and "has taken 3 years of Spanish." 

Dude. I took Spanish from 1st through 9th grade, and two years of college Spanish and I don't claim to speak Spanish. Do I understand basic Spanish? Sometimes. But there's no way to learn a foreign language if you never practice! I am actually better at french, because I took Latin for the remaining three years of high school, and then two years of college French and then lived in France. I still never claim to actually speak any foreign language, because I don't, not really. I can get by but ... no. I'm no bilingual. He's so arrogant. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

Tom was a jerk, as always, talking over one of his kids to answer a question about how he "speaks Spanish" and "has taken 3 years of Spanish." 

You know what this Channel has become?  It’s basically the “Tom Mills Extraordinaire Special”.  A way in which a sad, pathetic, under-achiever may showcase himself in an undeserved light, being fawned over by sad, pathetic, under-achieving predatory women.

I hope he gets what he deserves in terms of his playmate.  And I hope that “she” whoever she may be, understands that she is placing herself in a very demanding role.

Nope!  Not allowed to criticise Tom, whether it be haranguing him about the foot fungus or querying the bible playing 24/7, impacting on anyone’s psyche when there’s no hiding place! Certainly, she must not question the one shower weekly for all as Andrea likely felt that too much soap and water causes skin problems.  

Reference to the Reams of a Instructions left by Andrea, must be adhered to at all times.  
The lucky gal chosen by a Tommy boy won’t ever need to think for herself.  What Tommy doesn’t dictate, St. Andrea will, via her posthumous, numerous recordings and writings.  Andrea venerated status now that she is deceased, overlooks her faults and failings, including her sniggering over Sandy Hook victims.  

I’m sure I read that someone has archived Andrea’s Sandy Hook video.  It would be interesting to watch a replay. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

The Magic Night video was live. First it was the little kids playing a matching game with Asher watching over them. So much candy and sugar again! No wonder they don't sleep at night. Then they get their bed time gumball! He says it's a nightly routine! Someone on chat said to be careful with Hannah having a gumball. Is he for real? A gumball for a two year old? 

The older kids played Magic. It was Tom, Thomas, Asher, Judah, Justus, and Eden playing. Solly kept getting out of bed because he didn't want to be alone downstairs. Tom just told him to go back. Someone in chat asked if Solly had a radio he could listen to and Tom said "He has the Bible playing". Sigh...I think a cd player or radio would have been good. Could have kids music playing or they even have those cd bedtime stories. The poor kid needed something to help him wind down and relax. 

Chatters kept doing their annoying game of making Justus and Eden perform like trained seals doing ASMR. They should be ashamed of themselves. They do it to see if they can make them do things, it's disgusting. Tom is too naive to see it.

Someone asked if Tom would ever move into a bigger house. He replied  "It's possible, it's not out of the realm of possibilities" and Judah said "Wwwwait...yes it is" and Tom asked "You think so?" "What if I marry someone with 9 kids?" Judah said something like we'll just deal with it, because we're not moving" He has such anxiety about change, poor kid. He got upset about a maid possibly coming in too. It's understandable after losing a mother to not want any more changes. I felt sorry for him. Tom really has to keep in mind that his children have suffered a traumatic event and he needs to step lightly and keep their feelings in mind as well. I'm sure they are petrified about the future, about what will happen when Tom remarries, etc.

Then Claudia got out of bed and Tom said if she didn't go back to bed she would be in trouble and would get a demerit. None of these little kids have a proper bedtime. They need to be read to, or someone with them until they fall asleep.  They are too little to just go bed on their own and be left to fall asleep. He really expects too much from them at such a young age. I wish he would get some child development book and learn something about what is normal for certain ages. He doesn't understand what their needs are.

• Upvote 11

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic