IGNORED

American Horror Story

darareaksmey

i did like last season better, i just wish they would've planned it better instead of that cliffhanger at the end with the baby. i'm not sure if they decided after they filmed the first season that it'd be different each season?

i have to say, the cast is full of incredibly talented actors.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i did like last season better, i just wish they would've planned it better instead of that cliffhanger at the end with the baby. i'm not sure if they decided after they filmed the first season that it'd be different each season?

i have to say, the cast is full of incredibly talented actors.

I remember hearing somewhere that the last few episodes of season 1 were written and shot quickly to end the season before January. I remember early in season 1, one of the FX execs said something early on about different casts or settings each season. I'm glad that Jessica Lange, Zachary Quinto, Lily Rabe, Sarah Paulson and Dylan McDermott agreed to do this season. Jessica has signed for season 3.

I love this season actually. The episode with the dark angel was fucking phenomenal. And I cannot get over Zachary Quinto's acting ability. Holy crap. I love it. My friends and I watch religiously, all curled up on the couch together in a dorm room. It's great.

The headship and I schedule our viewing time carefully, making sure that there's time afterward to watch something light before going to bed. The show is so fucking creepy we need to detox before we try to sleep.

The thing I like about it is that it doesn't follow a typical TV formula. Characters can and will die.

• 2 weeks later...

We just started watching Season 1 last week and wow, was the school shooting scene hard to watch so soon after Newtown. The show is addictive though, now I have to figure out how we'll catch up on Season 2 since we haven't recorded it. :(

We just started watching Season 1 last week and wow, was the school shooting scene hard to watch so soon after Newtown. The show is addictive though, now I have to figure out how we'll catch up on Season 2 since we haven't recorded it. :(

I remember there was an all day marathon before the season 1 finale last year. Maybe FX will do the same thing this year. If FX does a season 2 marathon before the finale, maybe record all 13 episodes and then watch later on.

I just finished watching last night's episode. It was pretty good, but I

hated that Arden killed himself. I wanted someone to get revenge on him.

A lot of the reviews I've seen go on about Asylum being better than Season 1, but I really honestly liked Season 1 better. Violet, Tate, and the others had a much better developed story than any of the characters in Asylum, imo.

There are things about season 1 that I like better than season 2. In season 1, the murder house was the main focus and I agree the characters were better developed. With season 2, there are too many storylines, but I don't think that has hurt the show that much. At first I didn't like the UFO/aliens subplot. Now I like it the mystery aspect of it. I thought the Raspers storyline was awful and I couldn't stand Arden at all. I like Thredson better as a character than Arden.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm excited about season 2. I watched Season 1 like I was at a movie marathon! I really liked it and I'm sure I will watch it again. I have to wait for Netflix, though to watch season 2 ;)

• 6 months later...

Here's a teaser for Season 3.

This season will be about witches and such in New Orleans.

This preview creeps me the fuck out.

uWer7A7d-NE

That promo is definitely creepy. Some pics have been released of some of the cast members in witch type clothing.

That's creepy, but I find the first one more unsettling. I think it's going to be an interesting season. Do you know what era it's set in?

That's creepy, but I find the first one more unsettling. I think it's going to be an interesting season. Do you know what era it's set in?

It seems like the show will be taking place in different time periods. Kathy Bates and Angela Bassett are playing real life characters from the past. It looks like Jessica Lange and Frances Conroy are playing a modern day characters.

I've watched the first 3 or 4 episodes of this show recently. I haven't really read much in this thread because I don't want to get spoiled.

Is it always this weird? Because it scares the shit out of me. I don't know people's motives and ben is such an asshole and the maid is creepy as fuck. Like I'm not even sure I want to continue it... does it get any less, idk, unsettling?

Clicker dies,

In a nutshell no it doesn't get any less unsettling. But it gives you a good sick feeling in the pit of your stomach if that makes any sense.

Season one had me wondering if what I was hearing was something sinister since it stopped when I turned on the light. Even worse when I and my kids all sleepwalk at night, eek!

Season two had me sleeping with a flashlight.

If you have a chance watch the DVDs of season one and listen to the commentaries. Lots of really interesting information about how and why they shot the scenes how they shot them. And how they discovered the creepy theme song that I had forgotten how much it bothered me until the previews. *shiver* :lol:

Oh god. I really do generally like horror, but this one is just getting to me. Maybe I need to watch it during the day... :lol:

I love the theme song. It's probably the creepiest music I've ever heard.

I loved the first season and binge-watched it, which is weird for me because I usually can't handle horror. But in the first season there was not a lot of gore or in-depth graphic violence, and the story was incredibly compelling so I was hooked. That being said, I could write a whole dissertation about the problematic portrayal of women in that season. Even just the baby hysteria alone. "I want my baby!" "They took my baby!" "Give me my baby!" "Where is my baby?" "Don't you want my baby?" OMG STFU.

Then, in the second season, they introduced more graphic violence, the story was (I thought) far less interesting, and they made the Holocaust into a dumb plot point (the Anne Frank storyline with Franka Potente) and I gave up.

ETA: I'm going to give Season 3 a shot - it looks pretty awesome. Salem witches vs. Voodoo witches. Not that THAT is not ripe for problematic portrayals.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm cautiously interested in season 3. Season 1 initially caught my attention, but halfway through it just really started to bore me. It was less scary and more "Oh, here's some disturbing, twisted stuff. You're scared now, right?". Agreed on the theme music though. Now that was genuinely scary.

Archived