IGNORED

American Horror Story

darareaksmey

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why is that guy from The Voice/Maroon 5 in this?

I've heard that he had decided to dip his feet in acting. He is likely doing AHS since they aren't any long term contract requirements for it.

Season 2 will take place at an asylum in Briarcliff, Massachusetts. The staff and patients give lots of opportunities to bring in new actors plus some actors from season 1 in new roles. It also takes place in a different time, it's set in the 1960s. This allows them to explore the power of the Catholic church* (Jessica Lange is the nun that runs the place), and besides, a journalist committed because she's a lesbian (Sarah Paulson) wouldn't make much sense in America in 2012.

Adam Levine and Mrs. Tatum Channing both have roles, I think they will be patients at the asylum. Constance and her son will be back but as completely different and unrelated people.

*I haven't read any articles specifically mentioning the role of the church, but in Massachusetts in the 1960s the church had a lot of power, and I don't see the writers glossing over that.

I've heard that he had decided to dip his feet in acting. He is likely doing AHS since they aren't any long term contract requirements for it.

Ah....I just can't picture him acting. He just seems so bland.

Though I do like Maroon 5.

If you join the Thanatos Archive on facebook you can see some of the original photos that the show uses in it's opening. *Warning, they are post mortem photos.

I love the show, it's terribly campy but it somehow sucks me in and I can't wait to see what happens in the next 5 min. Hope the next season is as good!

I just watched the whole 1st. season, and I absolutely love it!!!

Yup, I have a bad crush on Tate, which is so so wrong- but hardly surprising for me. I used to fall for charming emo/twisted/angsty types all the time. And,I have always loved haunted houses and ghosts...even more so with major plot twists.

Since season 2 is still a month away, and I don't have FX.... Any recommendations for similar series/movies?

Ah....I just can't picture him acting. He just seems so bland.

Though I do like Maroon 5.

I'm a Maroon 5 fan and I agree he seems bland and I do worry about him dragging the show down. I think his role might have the same capacity as Marcy the realtor from season 1.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm almost done with the first season and I love it. I can't wait until the second season and hope it is just as creepy and messed up as the first.

I think season 2 will be very creepy and messed up. I have read a few articles on season 2 and I'm kind of worried it might be a little bad because one of the subplots.

My bf bought the 1st season DVDs, so we'll get to watch it after we're done with season 4 of "Breaking Bad" and season 2 of "Supernatural".

The premice sounds great, and I'm a huge fan of Jessica Lange. Love, love scary stuff so... :dance:

I've read that Frances Conroy is in this (the actress who played Ruth in "Six Feet Under")? Great!

• 2 weeks later...

Season 2 premieres tonight at 10 pm EDT. From what I've seen in the commericals, I think Mr. Maroon5 and his lady friend are in an abandoned asylum and decide to get frisky. Either their fooling around or their presence in the building will trigger ghosts and flashbacks and scary things, including Jessica Lang as a nun (back in the day where the Catholic Church had massive power and control) and Sarah Paulson as a reporter committed for being a lesbian.

Not crazy about the UFO angle, truth to tell.

Me neither, but the episode was written by Tim Minear. He's been involved with Angel, Wonderfalls, Drive, and Dollhouse, so there's a strong possiblity the aliens will be worth it.

I hope that it turns out the aliens are just part of his mental illness. It's a haunted mental institution in the 60s, anything is possible.

Looks like their going for a theme of religion vs. science, which was used very well in the Exorcist. (For many people, the most difficult scene to watch in that movie is Regan getting the medical tests done).

I'm not crazy about the UFO angle. AHS fans on several sites have the theory that alien storyline was based on the Betty and Barney Hill abduction story. I think Ryan Murphy probably did base it on that. In the first season of AHS, Tate's school shooting storyline was partially based on Columbine.

• 2 weeks later...

The scene with nymph was pretty disturbing and I really feel bad for her right now out of all characters. I hate Arden for that.

• 1 month later...

Bumping this up to see if anyone else has been watching. I admit this season is a little crazy with too many storylines, but I like this season.

My husband and I love watching the show. We didn't see any of last season, but have been watching this seasonally faithfully. It has some intense and gruesome scenes!! We look forward to new episodes every Thursday (we DVR from Wednesday night)

I think I preferred last season a bit more than this one. This one has some really interesting ideas, but it seems like they are throwing anything and everything in to be shocking.

In the scene with Dylan McDermott, did anyone notice who the therapist was?

It was Brooke Smith who played Catherine Martin, the abducted girl in the well, in "The Silence of the Lambs"! I thought it was a great little piece of stunt casting.

I think I preferred last season a bit more than this one. This one has some really interesting ideas, but it seems like they are throwing anything and everything in to be shocking.

In the scene with Dylan McDermott, did anyone notice who the therapist was?

It was Brooke Smith who played Catherine Martin, the abducted girl in the well, in "The Silence of the Lambs"! I thought it was a great little piece of stunt casting.

I did! I told my husband, "That poor woman is just a serial killer magnet."

Archived