IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 39: Practicing Social Distancing by.... Having Family Night

HerNameIsBuffy

Jenny looks beautiful, relaxed, and happy. 

I'm guessing Jenny and Jordan are both going to be tall. 

Edited by moreorlessnu
Didn't make sense....
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

42 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Old Bill getting dethroned by Gil Bates and co did save a lot of girls from suffering hair atrocities.

and other atrocities.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

On 8/4/2020 at 8:50 PM, moreorlessnu said:

Jenny looks beautiful, relaxed, and happy. 

I'm guessing Jenny and Jordan are both going to be tall. 

They might have had more to eat as toddlers than their older siblings. A lot of factors go into height, of course, but I feel like there's some middle group of Young Duggars that started out on way too much (or little) filler before the show took off. Same with Bateseses to a degree. I wonder sometimes how it might affect their later health and lifespans. My mother-in-law, who is probably about to turn 95, was the youngest of 17, but she did grow up on a farm. 

• Upvote 7

12 hours ago, backyard sylph said:

They might have had more to eat as toddlers than their older siblings. A lot of factors go into height, of course, but I feel like there's some middle group of Young Duggars that started out on way too much (or little) filler before the show took off. Same with Bateseses to a degree. I wonder sometimes how it might affect their later health and lifespans. My mother-in-law, who is probably about to turn 95, was the youngest of 17, but she did grow up on a farm. 

I think it’s just genetics. Jenni is less than 2 years younger than Hannie but already taller than her. In the Bates family Ellie is taller than Addie who is 14 months older than her, and way taller than Callie who seems petite.

• Upvote 13

This would actually be pretty funny and cute if, you know, she wasn’t trapped in a cult.... 

0E912A77-47B1-47A5-B25E-09E26D2EA986.png

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 4

11 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Ok Anna, it’s not that funny...

And you win the internet for me today. Lol 

• I Agree 4

On 6/13/2020 at 11:28 AM, lezajenda said:

Jed reminds me a lot of Josiah who reminds me a lot of Josh as in smug, smugger and smuggest.  

Agreed. Josh is in his own special category obviously, but all 3 of Josh, Josiah and Jed seem smug and smarmy and give me an inexplicable icky feeling. I think the most tolerable male Duggar is Jeremiah. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, Johannah said:

I think the most tolerable male Duggar is Jeremiah. 

He’s also the best-looking, so maybe he can be confident without being smarmy.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Johannah said:

Agreed. Josh is in his own special category obviously, but all 3 of Josh, Josiah and Jed seem smug and smarmy and give me an inexplicable icky feeling. I think the most tolerable male Duggar is Jeremiah. 

Seems like John is the odd man out. He appears to be more down to earth and not wanting all of the attention of the others. I feel like he would like to get away as Joy and Austin have. An appearance on the show, kind of in the background, once in a while.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Johannah said:

I dunno. He is good looking but he gives me very arrogant jock vibes. So it’s makes me see him as less attractive. I used to think Jason was a Jessa clone but since the beard in a side profile I can see John David. I never saw a jd resemblance to anyone before. Other than the hairline....

on a side not looks like Jer is the online one to get the duggar hairline not the rurak one. But time will tell. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Johannah said:

This is why them being car salesmen is just gold. If there were photos under “sleazy car salesmen” in a dictionary, it would be those Duggar faces.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 3

I think Joe is the most tolerable Duggar male. Mainly because he is saying the least.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 7

3 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I think Joe is the most tolerable Duggar male. Mainly because he is saying the least.

Until you hear that he likes to lick his plate after a meal. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 18

I've been known to do that if the meal was particularly good.  Just not in public. (And I didn't grow up in a house with food insecurity)

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Until you hear that he likes to lick his plate after a meal. 

I need to know what the meal was before I pass judgement. 

• Haha 16
  • I Agree 1

On 8/14/2020 at 11:00 PM, Johannah said:

I can somewhat tolerate JD and Joe. But all the Duggar boys seem to be somewhat awkward and it would be really interesting to know how their personalities would have evolved if they were not raised in a cult.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Also Joe was the one that Joy credited with leading her back to the Duggar way when she had doubts. This makes me think that ‘aw shucks plate licking Joe’ is steeped in the IBLP rather more than he lets on. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 9

I think Joe and Kendra are very deep in the cult. Joe is just quiet and unassuming, so he doesn’t “perform” fundie on TV. They are most likely of the Duggars fams so far to have the largest family given age, apparent fertility/fecundity, and general dispositions.

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 4

8 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Also Joe was the one that Joy credited with leading her back to the Duggar way when she had doubts. This makes me think that ‘aw shucks plate licking Joe’ is steeped in the IBLP rather more than he lets on. 

20 minutes ago, mpheels said:

I think Joe and Kendra are very deep in the cult. Joe is just quiet and unassuming, so he doesn’t “perform” fundie on TV.

I agree entirely. Let's not forget that Joe married his Pastor's daughter. And unless she disagrees with her father's teachings (which I very much doubt since Kendra is... Kendra), then they're both chugging the kool aid. It's sad since Kendra seems very sweet albeit naive, but she likely believes and echos the same misogynistic, homophobic, and racist bullcrap the Duggars do.

Edited by dolcez
Wording
  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 3

17 hours ago, ophelia said:

I can somewhat tolerate JD and Joe. But all the Duggar boys seem to be somewhat awkward and it would be really interesting to know how their personalities would have evolved if they were not raised in a cult.

I actually think some of the howlers  could have been nice boys, james has and justin have nice kind faces. I used to think jason did too also but as he ages he looks more like josh... I think James, Justin and Jeremiah are all duggar and the rest are Ruark, in their appearance. 

• Upvote 2

Joe was the first (that we know if) if the boys to go to the alert academy.  That isn’t punishment , it’s a sign of how steeped in the cult he is.  (Ditto journey to the heart fir the girls).

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Didn’t Joe also go to Crown College? I wonder if they had designs on him taking  a role in IBLF like David Waller? 
I agree with the above - if he’s happy to spend time with the Caldwells then he likely has similar views. 

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Didn’t Joe also go to Crown College? I wonder if they had designs on him taking  a role in IBLF like David Waller? 
I agree with the above - if he’s happy to spend time with the Caldwells then he likely has similar views. 

Joe got the one year bible certificate, same as what Trace got. It's useless.

• Upvote 10

I have the impression that the Duggar show highlighted more the girls than the boys, except Josh (he was the golden boy and main character before the scandals). I don't know if it was because TLC found the girls nicer and more expressive, while the boys were dull, or it were Michelle and JB who preferred their girls and ignored the boys and it caused the girls to "shine" more than their brothets.

Their cult is sexist and they have banned jobs and careers and dreams for the girls because their religion, but it doesn't mean they don't like those girls more than the boys. Michelle had her first son and then a collection of girls that became her helpers. Then, a lot of noisy boys that were not useful except to attract attention when dressed matchy-matchy as a enormous family.

Maybe that's why the Duggar girls are more lively, show different personalities and tastes, etc while people has problems to remember how the boys are named. They received the little attention dad and mom (and TLC) could give them. The boys hadn't that...

Just a theory.

• Upvote 9

• Coconut Flan locked this topic