IGNORED

M is for Mama 6: M is for Mama 6: Temper Tantrum over Twins Twice

Coconut Flan

A few people really lit into her.  I don't know who they are or where they came from, but bless them.  I'm sure she'll delete them, so go look.  I don't know how to do screen shots but here are two of my favorites:

"BLM does not support looting. BLM supports equality for black people in all systems of society. I’m sorry that your anniversary trip was ruined by societal unrest. I wish you would remove your voice from this narrative as a privileged white woman who doesn’t have much to add."

"Do you know what is unchristian? Black people being murdered because of the color of their skin. You may not agree with the protesting or riots, but historically they have proven to be monumental in creating positive change for POC who have been treated differently than white people since our country was founded. That is not an opinion, that is factual. You as a white woman do not get to say what is right or wrong for a community who is trying to have equal rights. They are begging to be heard. They are tired of their brothers and sisters dying at the hands of people who are supposed to protect them. If peaceful protesting working every time, we would not be in this situation today. This is not an issue of politics, this is an issue of humanity. You say this in the comfort of your home, “watching in fascination” while the black community is hurting. How privileged you are to sit back and watch as people continue to fight for justice and what is right."

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 24
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

She is doing a Live on IG, talking about their comments RE BLM and just digging herself a bigger hole. She needs to let it go.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

She Closed captioned her stories which was helpful. She wants black lives to matter, but she can’t support an organisation that is also advocating for black LBGTQ+ Lives to matter too because - Jesus! But it’s cool, because she checked with her fundie black friend who said it’s fine. 

4DDC6090-2D31-41F1-9869-75A3AB084E8B.png

84808F9F-E4EA-4D6B-BBF8-E5C1D4EC49D7.png

0EB5FE19-B9A3-4486-A40E-457A6D6FF656.png

• Upvote 2
  • Angry 1
  • Disgust 13
  • WTF 1
  • Love 1

For the love of your god, shut up.  Go back to anthro shopping and rearranging your furniture and neglecting your kids.  

• Upvote 13
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

Please spell it out Braggie, what exactly don’t you like about BLM? If you’re going to ‘take a stand for god’, at least be honest and unequivocally state you’re a homophobe.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

Shaun doesn’t lead your family! How could he!? He’s never around! Patriarchy sucks but I get extra annoyed when fundie couples pretend they follow patriarchy when they obviously don’t. It’s yet another Braggie lie.

E8273A85-9DAA-44C8-85BE-3DEA0D1E605C.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

For the love of your god, shut up.  Go back to anthro shopping and rearranging your furniture and neglecting your kids.  

SNAP, I thought the exact same thing, and since she didn’t follow the thought screaming through my mind, I just her off and moved on. She is insufferable.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Braggie Abbie's instagram story videos in sum:

• Does not support Black Lives Matter because of gay people
  • "I have a black friend"

1896837952_braggieabbie5.PNG.81a0ce8250039035c563daf5dfde5a15.PNG
8 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Does she know that anthro is donating to Black Lives Matter and LGBTQ organizations? LOL!
https://www.anthropologie.com/help/philanthropie
"Here at Anthropologie, we support and stand with the Black community. We’ve been listening, learning, and reflecting on how we, as a brand, can improve diversity and combat racism. We’re committed to doing better – to being better – and it starts right now."

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 19
  • Haha 5
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Does she know that anthro is donating to Black Lives Matter and LGBTQ organizations? LOL!

"Here at Anthropologie, we support and stand with the Black community. We’ve been listening, learning, and reflecting on how we, as a brand, can improve diversity and combat racism. We’re committed to doing better – to being better – and it starts right now."

If she didn’t before, she does now?.

? Hi Braggie!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 14
  • Love 2

Oh, this is just too good to be true.

Shaun chimed in.  One of his statements was they must be careful to "avoid unbiblical values by association.  

Um, Shaun?  Your house and your wife's closet are packed to the brim with items from a company that supports Pride and The Trevor Project every year.  since y'all are so afraid of being associated with ANYTHING that supports the evil gays, can we assume you're be having a giant yard sale soon?

:pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol:

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Haha. Shaun Halberstadt, Braggie's Husband, basically created an Instagram account to respond to a black woman who posted her concerns with Braggie Abbie's insensitive post regarding the protests over George Floyd's murder and Black Lives Matter:

the.gr8ful.dad

I am Abbie's husband and I just want to say that there is only so much that she can put in any single post. From our discussions I can tell you we both hear and acknowledge the pain of the black community and agree that while we as a white community may not feel racist, the very fact of our being in the majority coupled with human nature inevitably allows for the systemic type racism that is being decried. We all need to examine our interactions and our institutions to ensure they provide the same opportunity to succeed to every person, regardless of color. As for her post, the intent was not to distract from that message, but rather to point out the very real danger of blind obedience. We as Christians need to absolutely support the black community or any other that is hurting or struggling or oppressed, but we must also be careful that we do not let that desire to help and the high emotions cause us to inadvertently condone violence through silence or promote unbiblical values by association. Any solutions that come from this, if they ignore or go against God's truth, will be doomed to fail or do more harm than good. I'm sorry for your pain and it is heard. We must make the effort to improve our society, but while we work toward that end, we as Christians must remember that our first focus should always God's word and only it will lead to the right path forward that truly lifts up, loves, and supports our black brothers and sisters.

The above was in response to what she posted below:
I was just going to quietly leave your page but I just could not. I needed to reach out and tell you how your words affected me. I wish you had actually spoken to the deep seated pain people in this country must be feeling instead of condemning those who are doing wrong. We all have sin and the people looting are wrong but there’s a much bigger issue here and that’s what got us to this horrible point in our country. Let’s keep the focus on that. Addressing the root evil that caused us to get here could have been a much more powerful message, not getting caught up in the distractions.

I guess Braggie Abbie is going to have to find a new store to shop at because she is,"by association", funding "unbiblical values"

Anthropologie is a proud supporter of LGBTQ+ community and donates to LGBTQ+ organizations every year!

Here's a select few below:

Pride partnership with The Trevor Project
Throughout Pride month in June, we celebrated love for all with limited-edition tees that honor our support of The Trevor Project, the world's largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ youth. Here at the Home Office, we participated in the Philly Pride Parade and brought the iconic rainbow to our website and select stores.

Pride partnership with Lambda Literary
Throughout June, select Anthropologie stores across the country decorated their windows to celebrate love in all its forms, donating 10% of parade-day proceeds to Lambda Literary, a non-profit organization that nurtures and advocates for LGBTQ writers.

anthro.thumb.PNG.1d0d420c2ccd355c4d0d7e328132e030.PNG

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 2

Wouldn’t the “proper” thing to do be a big bonfire, or at least a huge dumpster? I’m sure they wouldn’t want anyone to be tainted by those “unbiblical values.”

• Upvote 6

So the first time we actually hear from Shaun he's white knighting Abbie's bullshit? What an asshole. These two deserve each other.

15 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

We all have sin and the people looting are wrong but there’s a much bigger issue here and that’s what got us to this horrible point in our country. Let’s keep the focus on that.

Ok, dad. Should we all just go to our rooms and think about what we did? 

Overall, his post is a gross level of white mansplaining that is just as insufferable as Abbie. There is absolutely ZERO NEED for either of these two to add their voices to the dialogue. Sometimes the smartest response is silence.

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 8

On 6/3/2020 at 6:13 PM, TuringMachine said:

She is so far removed from reality she thinks being the only white kid on a sports team is comparable to systematic oppression.  

I'm pretty dubious about that story anyway. Anywhere that I have ever lived or heard about, playground teams go by where you live, you don't pick and choose unless it's a private team. Anybody have a different experience? 

22 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Braggie Abbie's instagram story videos in sum:

• Does not support Black Lives Matter because of gay people
  • "I have a black friend"

Sooo, I can't remember . . . do we know who her publisher is? 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, katilac said:

I'm pretty dubious about that story anyway. Anywhere that I have ever lived or heard about, playground teams go by where you live, you don't pick and choose unless it's a private team. Anybody have a different experience? 

Sooo, I can't remember . . . do we know who her publisher is? 

Oh I’m sure her publisher is a Christian publishing company. So they likely agree with her.

25 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh I’m sure her publisher is a Christian publishing company. So they likely agree with her.

From her blog:

"I am writing a book about motherhood that I hope will be a great help to many (Lord willing). And it will be published in 2 years by a publishing house that is godly and Biblically focused"

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yes, but they could be more extreme or less extreme. More likely to embrace controversy or less likely. If they're aiming for a 'crossover' hit that will sell to the mainstream as well, they might want an author who has the sense not to wade into deep water that has nothing to do with their brand. 

• I Agree 1

Hmm new thread title ideas

• Godly Racism
  • White Knight Shaun
  • Anthropology is more important than Jesus
  • Upvote 7

I just remembered something. Braggie says she doesn’t shop at Target. I don’t believe she ever came right out and said it but I believe it’s due to their trans inclusive bathroom policy. So she doesn’t shop at Target because of that but shops at Anthro? Ok. Way to pick and choose which LGBTQ+ supportive stores you’ll shop at based on how much you like their stuff. It’s obviously not hard for Braggie to boycott Target. She likely only boycotts the easy ones.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t believe she ever came right out and said it but I believe it’s due to their trans inclusive bathroom policy.

I totally remember her saying it! She doesn't shop at Target and it's absolutely due to the inclusive bathroom policy. I remember there being a blog post but I can't find it now! Although...now I wonder if I'm attributing a different fundie's post to Abbie....but I think it was her and either I'm a bad sleuth or she removed the post.

• Upvote 1

Just now, therulesofjinx said:

I totally remember her saying it! She doesn't shop at Target and it's absolutely due to the inclusive bathroom policy. I remember there being a blog post but I can't find it now! Although...now I wonder if I'm attributing a different fundie's post to Abbie....but I think it was her and either I'm a bad sleuth or she removed the post.

I’m positive she’s said she doesn’t shop at Target. She’s just so long winded it’s hard to remember everything she’s said! God I wish she would just take some pepto for her verbal diarrhea. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Incoming armchair psychology and speculation bus combo.

Abbie's latest post is a 180 from everything she's been posting. She's as gentle as a lamb. It occurred to me that maybe we just watched the entire arc of a manic episode in real time. Until now, Shaun's posting made zero sense. Abbie has said multiple times that he doesnt like social media. Why would he suddenly make an account? Maybe wasn't white knighting, maybe he was diffusing Abbie to gain a little peace and quiet for him and the kids. He made a public show of support, essentially a grand gesture on his part, and effectively ended her tirade.

Prior to this, Abbie has been posting about feeling like she doesn't have a handle on things. She called one of the kids a doofus, blew up over an egg pan and finger prints, lamented weight gain, complained about not finding time for her book, and vented her spleen to Shaun within earshot of the kids. She called her sweeping an upstairs room an 'illusion of control'. Then she turned her vitriol on the BLM protests and didn't get the response she wanted. Her mini vacation was ruined by 'rioting' which I suspect was actually peaceful protests, so she writes another post doubling down on her garbage. That doesn't work so she makes a video and it's not well received either. Abbie likes being right and she couldn't control the narrative, not even in her echo chamber. I'm beginning to suspect that it actually had little to do with BLM but instead was used more as a way to hyper-focus her anxieties onto something external. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

On 6/8/2020 at 11:15 AM, SuperNova said:

So the first time we actually hear from Shaun he's white knighting Abbie's bullshit? What an asshole. These two deserve each other.

Ok, dad. Should we all just go to our rooms and think about what we did? 

Overall, his post is a gross level of white mansplaining that is just as insufferable as Abbie. There is absolutely ZERO NEED for either of these two to add their voices to the dialogue. Sometimes the smartest response is silence.

Looks like he deleted but it lives here. JFC it’s exhausting. Just sit down and shut up Shaun and Abbie. 

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 6

13 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Abbie likes being right and she couldn't control the narrative, not even in her echo chamber.

I think that's it right there.  She probably would not shut up about "they're being so meeeaaaann to me they don't understand" and he was like if I don't shut this down I'm never going to hear the end of it.  

I think it rocked her world when a few fellow christians called her on making it about herself and not listening.  I doubt she'll ever leave the comments open on anything even slightly controversial again.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

The Target thing was really bothering me so I went back in her blog to the days right after Target announced their policy and still could not find anything....but I did sift through 5 or 6 posts about what she should wear to SOMEONE ELSE'S wedding- she was not even in the bridal party. She posted about dress options and shoe options and did her hair three different ways, took pictures, and posted them all for people to vote on. For a wedding she attended as a guest. I mean....I get needing an opinion on an outfit or whatever but not from random people on the internet and it certainly didn't need to be multiple posts. 

Also, I remember this happening in real time which means I've for some reason been following her for 4 years. ?‍♀️

• Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic