IGNORED

M is for Mama 6: M is for Mama 6: Temper Tantrum over Twins Twice

Coconut Flan

Random but I never ever saw Elizabeth Johnston of The Activist Mommy with her 10 kids getting a divorce from her husband that’s a doctor (I just learned this now). I wouldn’t be surprised if Abbie and Shaun end up divorced. They really do not seem happy. 

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, luv2laugh said:

Random but I never ever saw Elizabeth Johnston of The Activist Mommy with her 10 kids getting a divorce from her husband that’s a doctor (I just learned this now). I wouldn’t be surprised if Abbie and Shaun end up divorced. They really do not seem happy. 

I wasn’t at all surprised by the divorce. I’d heard plenty of rumors about their marriage over the years. And it made sense that a woman miserable in her marriage would take her misery out on everyone else online.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, luv2laugh said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Abbie and Shaun end up divorced. They really do not seem happy. 

These types of marriages rarely seem to end in divorce. They'll live two separate lives or Shaun will "travel" more. They'll stay together for financial reasons or for the kids sake but probably not for love. I would like to know more about what kind of man Shaun actually is. All we know is what Abbie shows us and so far he comes across as her personal sperm donor and welcome mat to wipe her feet on. He doesn't seem engaged or involved in anything beyond getting laid, paying the bills, and sometimes robotics with the older boys. Is Abbie aware of how she paints him in a not so flattering light? 

• Upvote 16

7 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

These types of marriages rarely seem to end in divorce. They'll live two separate lives or Shaun will "travel" more. They'll stay together for financial reasons or for the kids sake but probably not for love. I would like to know more about what kind of man Shaun actually is. All we know is what Abbie shows us and so far he comes across as her personal sperm donor and welcome mat to wipe her feet on. He doesn't seem engaged or involved in anything beyond getting laid, paying the bills, and sometimes robotics with the older boys. Is Abbie aware of how she paints him in a not so flattering light? 

If Braggie hardly ever saw her dad, her mom probably didn’t see him much either. I think it’s completely possible her parents don’t have a strong marriage and Braggie could probably handle having a marriage like that. In order to keep up appearances. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If Braggie hardly ever saw her dad, her mom probably didn’t see him much either. I think it’s completely possible her parents don’t have a strong marriage and Braggie could probably handle having a marriage like that. In order to keep up appearances. 

True. If it's already been normalized for her, then maybe it doesn't feel dysfunctional. But Abbie's mom didn't have eleventy billion kids. It's hard to believe that she wouldn't be aware of how checked out Shaun appears to be. 

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

True. If it's already been normalized for her, then maybe it doesn't feel dysfunctional. But Abbie's mom didn't have eleventy billion kids. It's hard to believe that she wouldn't be aware of how checked out Shaun appears to be. 

I think Braggie is not only incredibly self centered, but she’s constantly distracted by her children, social media, and exercise routine. Therefore I can see her sodistracted that she doesn’t even see Shaun as checked out.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

21 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Braggie has always had so much support from her parents. It’s why they are so successful. Because her parents let them live on an entire floor of their home when they had two small children. How much you want to bet Braggie’s mom did a bunch of free childcare, cleaning, cooking, and laundry back then. She’s always been so fucking privileged. She has so much help. If everyone had as much privilege and help As her, we would all be living in giant beautiful houses too.

915EEB5D-855A-4479-8067-812316D830C6.jpeg

1300 sq ft are here considered a very decent sized single family home. I live with my brother in a 600 sq ft 2 bedroom apartment and we consider that plenty of space. And since it's the second floor and she doesn't mention otherwise, all that where bedrooms, so she no kitchen and other stuff. That's plenty of space for a couple with 2 small children. Spoiled brat

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5

9 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Another random musing...I have lived in East Texas for 15 years and Braggie is the first person I've ever encountered who was born and raised here and has NO trace of an accent.  It startled me the first time I heard her speak.

I'm not well versed in accents but I would say she has a bit of an accent. I'd be able to tell she was from the south at least.

Semi related, I never used to think my mom, who's from Brooklyn, had an accent. I mean I have relatives who speak very Long Island, but mom just sounded like everyone else where I grew up (Northern NJ).  Then when we first moved to California everyone would tell her they could tell she was from the east coast and I had no idea what they were talking about. But now that I've been here a few years surrounded by California natives I can finally hear it. It just kinda hit me a few weeks ago while we were on the phone, like wow mom, you do sound very New Yorker.

Edited by TuringMachine
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 7

21 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I thought she has said that her family was poor and didn’t have much, and she used this as a reason why she employs and pays her mother. So she had an entire floor for her family (nearly 1500) square feet. I grew up in a family with 5 people in a space that size. She is truly an entitled, tone deaf twat.

Shoot, we had NINE people in a house that size in the 60s.  With one bathroom!

• Upvote 13

The 2 houses I grew up in were plenty big. But the one with only one bathroom was a problem. I had quite a few accidents waiting outside the bathroom pounding on the door. 

• Upvote 2

Huh. Our house is about 1600 square feet and comfortable for two adults and two kids or three adults and one kid, the living situations with the most people since we bought it. I suspect the only bathroom would be an issue if we added anyone else. But my parents were in a house about the same size with three kids when I was little, and I know the previous owner of ours lived here with five (!) other people at one point (widow with five children). So, Abbie, DO tell us how hard that "small" space was!

• Upvote 5

I think the vast majority of people in McMansions in the US could pretty easily live in houses half the size of their current one. Most people could get rid of so much stuff they rarely use, or don’t even use at all. And that would make downsizing much easier. The reason why we can live just fine in our small home is because I try to get rid of stuff we aren’t using. That way we are not crowded with crap like Jill Rod. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 8

Braggie updated her entire blog. Guys. You HAVE to read her new biography on her blog. It is a complete full on narcissistic display!

http://misformama.net/about

I' have some time so I'll parse out the narcissism in her blog. It's similar to how Trump praises himself in tweets.

Wow! What an awkwardly wordy snippet of exaggerations.  How come I don't see Ezra and her Mother in here? What a fabrication of Braggie's real life.

Bible-believing Christian, home educator (and homeschool graduate myself), fitness instructor, Spanish teacher, bargain-hunter, perpetual furniture rearranger, and wife to one very good renaissance man.

Well, that does it. Braggie has better husband than all of us... I am suspicious of someone who has to obnoxiously praise their husband. People who have good marriages don't act like this. Is this her version of a resume where she's made desperate attempts to quantify what she's done? 

Such a renaissance man, in fact, that, though he writes software for a living, he still has the skillz (yes, with a z) to have built our family not one, but two, DIY houses. I documented our first 9 month build, but never got around to getting all of our second build’s info into one post. Blame it on how long it took (2 years!), how many more kids we had than the first time (5), or sheer laziness.

Wow! Look at Braggie!  She even included a cute little "Oh!" . How come I come across hundreds of Christian wife bloggers that write books yet do not brag about it in their biography? She is shameless...

Oh! And I’m a soon(ish)-to-be-published author, which is the culimation of a life-long dream that God brought to fruition in his perfect way and timing.

Oh, how the world must learn Braggie Abbie's ways. What a privilege it would be!

I also get really fired up about helping mamas claim their identities and find simple, doable rhythms for their days that allow them to create an environment of realistic joy and peace (we’re not talking about sitting around singing Kumbaya , y’all) in their homes. 

Pretty nasty. She's throwing shade at Christians who focus on God's love and fight for justice. She's such a better Christian, isn't she?

Jesus is not my homeboy, my good teacher, or my social justice hero, but he is my Lord and savior,

Wow! 10 kids before 38!? Someone get this girl a trophy...  What an attention addict!

...I never planned to have 10 kids before my 38th birthday."

Is Braggie implying that those who live in the areas of "flat, brown, tumbleweeds" are not as "good" her?

We live in the Piney Woods of East Texas (think lush, green, rolling hills, not flat, brown, tumbleweeds)

Do we need to know that you'd serve it to us fresh from your garden?

–I’d offer you a glass of ice cold mint tea made with leaves from the bush in our backyard in a heartbeat.

I'd like to educate Braggie on what God says about boasting:

God calls her boasting evil:
James 4:16 - But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.

She's addicted to attention and full of self-praise
Jeremiah 9:23 - Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise [man] glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty [man] glory in his might, let not the rich [man] glory in his riches:

2 Tim 3 1-4  This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.  For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,  Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

Psalms 94:4 - [How long] shall they utter [and] speak hard things? [and] all the workers of iniquity boast themselves?

James 3:5 - Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 4

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think the vast majority of people in McMansions in the US could pretty easily live in houses half the size of their current one. Most people could get rid of so much stuff they rarely use, or don’t even use at all. And that would make downsizing much easier. The reason why we can live just fine in our small home is because I try to get rid of stuff we aren’t using. That way we are not crowded with crap like Jill Rod. 

All that useless stuff together with these oversized McMansions are only for show off. Look, we can affort to buy and heat/ cool such a large house with all the space we didn't use (who the heck needs a formal livingroom, a den and a familyroom in the same house?), to show of all that useless dust collecting stuff, because we are so successfull (and being up to our eyeballs in debt to affort it). Abbie is a prime example of that thinking.

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

All that useless stuff together with these oversized McMansions are only for show off. Look, we can affort to buy and heat/ cool such a large house with all the space we didn't use (who the heck needs a formal livingroom, a den and a familyroom in the same house?), to show of all that useless dust collecting stuff, because we are so successfull (and being up to our eyeballs in debt to affort it). Abbie is a prime example of that thinking.

It’s funny because Braggie does have a much larger family than usual. However she could do with a lot less. Especially since they have a large amount of outdoor space. She could never handle living in certain parts of Southern California. Where she would get a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom for the same amount of money she paid for her gigantic home. 

• Upvote 10

I thought that Christians were supposed to emulate Jesus and want to be like him? It’s in so many songs and prayers, about how people want to walk with him and be with him. Abbie sees Jesus not in how she can serve him but in how he can serve her: he forgives all of the things she does wrong so she doesn’t have to feel bad about them.

Also the sidebars on the blog are too big and cut into the paragraphs on the left hand side. This annoys me because it makes it harder to read. I’m posting it here so that she fixes it.

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s funny because Braggie does have a much larger family than usual. However she could do with a lot less. Especially since they have a large amount of outdoor space. She could never handle living in certain parts of Southern California. Where she would get a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom for the same amount of money she paid for her gigantic home. 

I think big houses are great, but at some point, too big makes it too cold and irreal. I have been in McMansions (very rare where I live) and they look great on pictures, but are not comfy at all. I was impressed... because I wasn't envious of those houses, I very much prefer middle sized ones. But it may be just a cultural point of view: here, most housing is little or medium, and even well-off people live in middle-sized houses or flats, not only because the price, but also because megamansions are seen as tacky. Like they are just for celebrities and soccer players.

A family with 10 kids, sure need plenty of space. But they need real space to use, not excessive high ceilings or enormous bathrooms. But them, I remember the Anderson house and I can't avoid to think that Braggie's house is great in comparison.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Or up here in Northern California where it's some how even worse. I couldn't imagine owning as much land as her here; it'd be millions of dollars.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If she would have planned her house well, she would have needed only 1/4 to 1/3 than her monstrosity of a house. A sensible layout of bedrooms, short ways around the house and less space to force her kids to clean.

20 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

I think big houses are great, but at some point, too big makes it too cold and irreal. I have been in McMansions (very rare where I live) and they look great on pictures, but are not comfy at all. I was impressed... because I wasn't envious of those houses, I very much prefer middle sized ones. But it may be just a cultural point of view: here, most housing is little or medium, and even well-off people live in middle-sized houses or flats, not only because the price, but also because megamansions are seen as tacky. Like they are just for celebrities and soccer players.

A family with 10 kids, sure need plenty of space. But they need real space to use, not excessive high ceilings or enormous bathrooms. But them, I remember the Anderson house and I can't avoid to think that Braggie's house is great in comparison.

It's the same here. And I think it comes from the point that countries in Europe are much smaller than the US. If we had that space to sprawl out, I think we would also prefer larger housing.

And for the Andersons, they would still be a house of horrors if living in a dwelling as large as Abbie's, just more space for PP to scream.

• Upvote 4

At least Braggie’s kids have lots of places to hide from her when she’s in a mood. Zoo’s poor kids don’t.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I checked out Braggie's new blog format.  It's ok, but not all that wow, not that I expected it to be the epitome of creative web design.

I also read her "I'm gonna be a published author!! (and you're not)" post  Or at least I tried to. But I couldn't focus on the text because my eyes kept being dragged to the photos of her disgustingly filthy nasty hair. It looks as if she hasn't washed it in 2+ weeks -- and that Pebbles Flintstone hair don't. GMAFB

Seriously Braggie??!! Ezra and Simon, with help from Della, parent the children All. The. Time  -- ALL the time. Shaun is home all day. You couldn't find 20 minutes to shower and wash your nasty hair?  You couldn't let it air dry, brush it, do something with it and then take the photo?

Jeez Louise Braggie. It's not like you don't have lots of free time, what with all the time you spend online shopping, bargain hunting, coupon finding, sitting with your feet up while the children clean. and selfie taking.

Wash your dang hair. It's a thing. Just do it.

• Upvote 6

Her house is 8,000 sq feet. We once lived on 2 acres in a nearly 6,000 square foot home with our family of 4. We bought this home because it was partially finished, involved a corporate move from a very expensive region of the CA to a less costly locale. We also knew that we’d be transferred again, so we didn’t want to buy too far down. For reference we sold our 4 year old 3200 sq ft home for $250,000 more than  what we paid for the 6,000 sq ft home (1999). We have always said that unless one has 20 kids , NO ONE NEEDS a 6,000 sq ft home and all that is associated with such. We are once again in a very expensive central CA coastal home. It is 2,200 sq ft for 2 of us( and right now 3 of us).

She says Shaun is a software writer. Does anyone know for what or if it's for a large company? It always confuses me how some of these fundie dads have jobs that can afford such crazy large families!

• Upvote 3

My parents bought and moved into a god awful McMansion in 2008, back when the bottom fell out of the CA real estate market. The house was incredibly expensive to heat and cool and had two water heaters, two AC units, two furnaces. The kitchen was vast expanses of marble which stained easily. My mom doesn't like to cook anyway so the proportions were ridiculous and more than half the cabinets were empty. One of the living rooms was roasting hot in summer and freezing in winter because it was two stories tall and had glass walls all the way up. It was 5 bedrooms and three baths with lots of odd little dead spaces that no one ever hung out in, like the second floor landing living room. They sold as soon as the market picked back up and made a killing. Now they live in a modest 3 bedroom more suited to two senior citizens. All that to say that in my experience, McMansions are shit.

• Upvote 11

2 hours ago, Bazinga said:

She says Shaun is a software writer. Does anyone know for what or if it's for a large company? It always confuses me how some of these fundie dads have jobs that can afford such crazy large families!

Shaun works for  GenesisWorld based in Tyler, TX. From what I've read, they allow their software engineers to work remote.  https://genesisworld.com/contact/

Braggie says Shaun works from home and spends most of his other weeks travelling for his computer website consulting business called Capital H Creative http://www.capitalhcreative.com/

All of this information is public via corporation wiki (see image below). Apparently, Shaun has his name, rather than Abbie's, associated with the Paint and Prose LLC. It looks like they're involved in Halson Machining LLC and Metalstream Technologies LLC.

Braggie lives in a town of roughly ~1,150 people and is comparable to sleepy Big Sandy, TX home of IBLP headquarters and David & Priscilla Waller. People see pretty Instagram photos of homes with wide, open spaces but they don't know how cheap the area is. There's a lot of beauty with living out in the country but I've noticed Braggie Abbie seems to avoid mentioning much about it. There are places in the US where you could buy McMansion yet, at the same cost, only get you a garden shed in San Francisco... But, hey, anything for the 'gram, right?

Halberstadt.PNG.c2add0f5a2094309e6573aa4f7fce168.PNG

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic