IGNORED

Bro Gary Hawkins 13: What's the other one, Becky?

samurai_sarah

2 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

I wonder if Becky suffers from any many is better than no man syndrome.

I've thought about that. I've also wondered if she felt she deserved a cross to bear due to some mixed-up belief about her first husband's turning out to be gay (guilt for choosing him in the first place or not being able to change him, or just for having a marriage end).

But, from what I've seen in videos, she seems genuinely fond of Gary, and they can make one another laugh. Sometimes it seems more like she enjoys mothering him than like a relationship of equals. She loves feeding him.

Speaking of Becky, here are her latest posts:

Spoiler

image.png.dbb127a8b9479c9268bd5c70012608fc.png

image.png.243ff391a8821c8554e5eb4641ab7071.png

Edited by thoughtful
fixing spoiler
  • Upvote 7
  • Disgust 1
  • Thank You 1

It’s quite a leap from wearing a medical mask to avoid passing on a deadly virus to thinking she will be forced to wear an Islamic face veil. Where do they get these ideas? 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

Isn't Becky a nurse?  Doesn't she understand why we're wearing masks?  These people mystify me.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

17 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Isn't Becky a nurse?  Doesn't she understand why we're wearing masks?  These people mystify me.

She should, but Gary, in one of his rambles hinting at horrible things, said Becky's told him some things about wearing masks, implying she has said they are bad. I forget his exact wording, but I remember posting it in a synopsis  - maybe about two weeks ago.

• Upvote 4

Becky got some responses to her mask post:

image.png.5d8283c95f02e7e26674dcdc00a3f1a7.png

The idiocy, suspicion and bigotry run deep.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 8
  • Thank You 1

This morning, we get the red plaid shirt, and Gary's astonishment that the week has come and gone so fast. That sensation gets stronger as you age, Gary, but, really, time doesn't work like that.

Gary brought his Bible outdoors today, and asks us to look at James 4:5-6 (unless we are driving - chuckle). He reads it, and stumbles on "lusteth to envy," which I can understand. Try saying "dwelleth in us lusteth to envy" - it's hard. Gary seems to always pronounce the "eth" ending as "est." Yet another reason not to use KJV, I would think.

In yet another stunning display of irony and lack of self-awareness, Gary lectures us about how God doesn't like proud and arrogant people, and how we should be humble. Gary knows he is nothing without Jesus (oh, Gary, why do you tempt me with straight lines like that?).

He chants "I cain't walk without Him, I cain't talk without Him, I cain't preach without Him, I cain't sing without Him, I cain't start my day without Him."

And, yes, I did copy and paste, then fill in the verbs, to type the preceding paragraph. Gary makes me find ways to be efficient. And, yes, this time I can't resist the straight line - Gary, you can't sing, even with Jesus.

1 Peter 5:5-6 - same idea. Gary's follow-up - same shit.

Jesus walked on the water, and he's still up there walking (Gary holds his hand up above his head - does that mean he's underwater, while Jesus sandal-surfs above him?).

Gary says "I bought me a dictionary this past week, 'n' - uh, maybe it was this week, I don't know." Well, that's a nice development, although it probably necessitated yet another trip to Walmart, where Gary could go maskless and bitch and moan about having to walk around in a big circle.

Anyway, I'm ready to hear what he learned from his new dictionary, and he says: "And I'm lookin' at some words, and I'm lookin' at these words, and lookin' at the thing in the dictionary of what it means, and you know what, we need to humble ourself before God (juicy snort)."

Way to make a point, Gary - you should be teaching in seminaries. Don't hold your breath - we never do find out what he looked up in the dictionary, although I have a hunch that "humble" was on the list, and maybe "malice" (see below).

After lots of repetitive preacher-chant, Gary says "Y'know what I boast in? I boast in Jesus." Look up some prepositions in that dictionary, Gar.

He heard Joyce Meyers once when trying to find a radio station on the road."Surely to God I wouldn't have no Joyce Meyers lovers on here - if ah do, maybe you ought to just get saved, Amen."

He quotes Joyce (well, in Gary-ese) - "'The day I got borned of mah mother was the same day that I got borned of God.' That's a lie straight outta the pits of Hell."

Gary has to crucify his flesh every day. He chants, making repeated clawing and cleaning motions (why does Karate Kid come to mind?), "Lord help me not to please mah flesh today, help me Lord Jesus to put my flesh under control, help me to git in the word of God and clean this flesh out, 'n' that  vessel of God, 'n' get that spiritual rag down in that, uh uh uh vessel of God, 'n' clean that vessel out, 'n' git out the bad thangs, the malice, the jealousy, the boldn - the bitterness, the anger, whatever else it is that you got down in there and get it up and clean it out 'n take it out 'n' start puttin' some peace in there 'n' some love in there, 'n' some joy in there, an-an-an some a new song, 'n' git down, hey listen, let Jesus fill - Psalms 119, I b'lieve it's 11, says 'Hide thy words in thy heart that I might not sin against God.' We gotta get rid of this flesh, we gotta humble this flesh, we gotta humble ourself before God and realize who we are and who Jesus is. Amen."

Whew!

I think the image of the spiritual cleaning rag is Gary gold, and a keeper.  I'm sure he was inspired by watching Becky and Jacob cleaning. Maybe, after watching them care for David Hyles' animals, he can add mucking out stalls to his lovely metaphorical images.

He says that, if preachers don't get a little nervous before they preach, they should probably wait until they do. "See, we gotta realize, listen, when we're preachin', when we're preachin',  when we're doin' live videos, when we're presenting the Gospel of Jesus Christ, we're holding people hands and souls in our hands, the souls of men in our hands."

He goes on about how preaching is not a competition, and he knows there are better preachers than him, and how humbling it is when someone asks him to come sing and preach.

He looked through the whole Bible for variations on the word humble. "We need to have a humble spirit - a humility spirit."

Somehow he gets back on the idea that one has to go to church to be a Christian. If you had to go to court and testify about your salvation, "would there enough evidenccccce that they would see Jesusssss in you?"

He did laundry last week up at the "laundrymat (juicy snort)" (he makes an aside that, thank God, his mama just got a new washer and "she's lettin' us try it out for her, Amen"), and he retells the story about the woman who said "I knew there was somethin' about you that was different" when he gave her a tract and invited her to church.  At least he didn't specify her race this time.

He repeats how we should be humble, tells us all to go to church tomorrow, and (thinking of her washing machine, I imagine), ends with "Hey, if your mother's still around, ya better thank God for it."

Edited by thoughtful
riffle
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 16

Gary is just a big old gumbo pot of crazy.  When is he going to give up his fleshly desire for pink weens and gravy?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 4

@thoughtful thank you again for the recap. He does seem to spend a lot of time saying the same thing- maybe he should go back to Walmart & get a Thesaurus? 
I looked at the page of his missionary pal Daniel Bryant - another hateful sort- they seem to attract each other. 
Still Gary knows there are better preachers than him. More intriguingly- are there worse?? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

17 hours ago, thoughtful said:

he retells the story about the woman who said "I knew there was somethin' about you that was different" when he gave her a tract and invited her to church. 

Yeah, well, "different" is probably how I'd phrase it if I was trying to be polite and get rid of him too.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3

@thoughtful, thank you once again for the recap. I have some problems with Joyce Meyers theology. However, she is one of the more articulate tv preachers out there. Easily a hundred times better than Gary. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Daniel Bryant, the missionary to Uganda, is looking for paid work. ( So I suppose he is slightly better than Gary who wouldn’t dream of deviating from his chosen path of grifting, come hell, high water or pandemic).

However the hapless Daniel, who is based in Birmingham, Alabama, has posted a map Birmingham, England. Are we sure he was ever in Uganda? 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 2

20 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

Gary is just a big old gumbo pot of crazy.  When is he going to give up his fleshly desire for pink weens and gravy?

The bolded is a wonderful expression - thank you!

And, yes, Gary, who lusts after weens and gravy, and "Chah-nese" food (even though they sent us the "vahris"), and Mexican food, thinks he needs something from Walmart or another store almost every day, loves his truck and his hats, and goes on and on about how God gives him chairs and a bed and nice hot showers and shampoo and conditioner, seems pretty bound to his fleshly desires.

For all that Gary is disgusting in many ways, I think he keeps clean - in fact, I think he may be very fussy about cleanliness (making more work for Becky and Jacob, no doubt).

• Upvote 7

image.png.857b36c21d3c41708bd3c291c2de3a1f.png

Becky confused me - why are they in a vehicle, when they are living in the church basement?

Then Gary's first live video looked like this:

Spoiler

image.png.e1e9bf6040e8be14fb4c76a5ab8829ad.png

Sunday school,  perhaps? Nice to know dogs are permitted to attend (we see another one wander by - not Mama dog, though). Someone is droning a song that contains the lyrics "every step that I take, every move that I make." Who knew Sting wrote for church?

Actually, it's a song called He Knows My Name.

A very young, very nervous man (a teen, perhaps) gets up to speak. He praises mothers for "all the sufferin' they have to go through, all the pain and agony." Nothing about love or care - just suffering. I get the impression that he has only recently heard a description of labor, and is still horrified. Either that, or his mother has been giving him guilt about his own birth for his whole life.

The rest of his sermon is about sin, because "we don't preach on sin like we used to." I'll spare you - he's another mumbling, yelling, judgmental, semi-articulate preacher in the making. Poor kid.

People wander around the room, and occasionally talk. We see Becky, and hear Gary's "amen" now and then. Someone (not Gary) bellows "Preach" when the young man is slow to find a verse.

Edited by thoughtful
riffle
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 8

The regular Sunday service is in the same room, so I guess they went somewhere other than Promise Baptist for church this morning.

The congregation slaughters Love Lifted Me, here at the Church of Storage Tubs and Mixed Chairs Turned Every Which Way. People talk and wander.

The pastor (I assume) drones off a list of people who need prayers, including "the Hawkins and Wells kids for a great education and desire to serve God" and "Gary Hawkins and family for safety and God's blessing on the road." Good luck with that great education part, God.

BTW, he includes deaths and serious illnesses in this list, with no more emotion than for any other prayer, as if he is reading a grocery list.

Gary and Becky ask prayers for West Virginia. Gary says that "they" are putting people with the "vahris" in prison, Becky clarifies that she knows of five inmates from a prison in Washington that have been moved to a prison near where her parents live, in Glenville, and "all five of them" had the virus.

Of course, even Becky makes it sound like they were transferred, on purpose, because they had the virus. I looked it up. There were 124 people transferred. It may have been a stupid thing to do at this time, and proper precautions may not have been taken, but it wasn't a case of purposely bringing coronavirus to WV.

https://www.wboy.com/news/health/coronavirus/5-inmates-at-fci-gilmer-have-tested-positive-for-covid-19-officials-say/

The pastor asks Gary to lead them in prayer, which he does from his place in the mess 'o chairs - er, congregation. A family drones a song - I couldn't bear to listen to hear enough words to look it up.  A cute child leads the other children singing Little Bitty Seeds with hand motions, adorably (and in tune, since there are no adults starting them off in too low a range). At the end, she says "Good job, guys!"  A group sings It's About the Cross, pretty well.

Gary gets up to preach, which explains why they are wherever the heck this is. Lots of shifting around and chat. There is one advantage to the casualness of this church - they seem to be relaxed about the noises and movements of kids. And I admit a mean satisfaction in people taking their time to settle down and listen to Gary - talking, laughing (including Becky) and wandering around.

Of course he starts with "It's good to be in church."

2 Timothy 1:3-7. Gary mispronounces, leaves out or truncates at least half of the words. I can't resist criticizing, since he is so judgmental about the perfection of the KJV and how it must never be altered or misquoted.

Gary babbles incoherently about Timothy's mother and grandmother bringing him up in church, and Gary was too (he does his stupid "I was on drugs - I was drug to church" bit.

Before clicking on the spoiler below, see if you can guess Gary's next Mothers' Day-themed point. I bet you can. Think - what would Gary consider the most important, KJV-ish aspect of being a loving mommy?

Spoiler

"Mothers whup you."

He says the whuppin' his mother gave him when he was young would now be called child abuse. Becky and her giggly neighbor crack up laughing. 

Gary says that, if he'd threatened to call the authorities on his mother, she'd have dialed the number and handed him the phone.

He says the bad thing about the pandemic is (no, not illness or death, or strife, or poverty, it's . . . ) "ain't no children gettin' to go to church, as far as, 'specially those that git picked up by a bus route."

When they had all seven of the children, one of them (he goes back and forth about who it was, then says it must have been Becky because he never has any good ideas) "came up with the idea of teachin' 'em Scripture."

Gary - really? That was an unusual idea in your household? I would have thought that was a given.

Knowing the Bible is more important than marriage or a job. Somebody asked him the other day "Brother Hawkins, you hafta come off the road and go get a job? Get a job where? Ain't gonna get a  job around nowhere."

Yeah, Gary - like you would go do actual work even if people were begging you to do so.

He launches into a wild incoherent rant for which I don't have the patience right now (it starts at about 24:30 and goes to 25:10 if anyone wants to give transcribing it a try), then pulls out of it with something rather unexpected. Wanna guess again? OK, spoiler, in case you do. Gary says:

Spoiler

"I tried dope - one time."

He makes it clear that he's talking about the "stuff today that's legal in most states."

Then he says he tried it twice. He didn't get high ("evidently I got ahold of the bad stuff"), and he thanks God for that, "because if I'd gotten hooked on it ain't no tellin' where I'd be Amen?"

Wow, Gary - this is as close to an actual testimony as you've ever come. When do we get to hear about the molestation conviction?

He tells about a guy who asked Jacob how old he was, then said he was fixin' to be an idiot, because he was 13, and wouldn't get over it until he was 40. Everybody laughs, Becky the loudest. Lovely.

A man in the congregation says something I can't hear (at 27:09, if anyone wants to give it a try), and they all have hysterics laughing.

Everything his seven kids learned, they learned from "google and Becky." He says he hardly needs google, because his wife knows everything, and a child's voice calls out "nobody knows everything."

A few people chuckle. Gary, you missed your chance. You could have answered that of course, only God know everything, and you're glad the child knows that, and that you were just joking because you respect your wife and think she's smart and . . .  who am I kidding. You just wanted a laugh for a typical "my wife is a know-it-all" joke.

When do you stop prayin' for your children? "When ya bury 'em." Gary says he never knew it would be harder raising children after they were out of the house than when they were in the house.

He's back to kids who used to get picked up in a bus to come to church, and how horrible some of their homes are - "you wouldn't wanna put some animal in that house." I will give him this - he is saying that everyone deserves what he thinks is the greatest gift - Jesus. But the way he says it is horrible - we may have a Gary parallel to Jill's "smelly unlovely" classic. He says they should be willing to reach "Whadaya call 'em, dirty people, filthy people - they need Jesus just as much as a rich man does."

He thanks God that Becky was brought up in church, but makes sure to get in his mockery of it being a "liberal church."

Some people are going to be embarrassed in Heaven. 

Then he goes right into his "I've never frowed a rock" bit. Maybe he's referring to actually physically throwing rocks, because it takes a huge amount of hubris and/or delusion for him to claim he has not criticized others. He does it every 2-3 minutes! He's the freakin' Old Faithful geyser of insults!

He describes a girl in (say it with me, everyone) "Walmarts" who had on gloves and a mask, like that was some sort of horror - "she's just protectin' herself, and she don't even know what she's protectin' herself from."

Actually, Gary, she probably does know.

He talks about kids being afraid to go back to school because their parents have made them so frightened.

He questioned a woman in Food Lion (oh, goody, another shopping trip) about the fact that she was wearing a mask, and she said "I got two kids I gotta raise." Gary's conclusion: "So I guess if ya don't wear a mask ya can't raise children."

Oooh, another guessing game presents itself. Gary says the good thing about this pandemic is "you don't hear much about . . .

Spoiler

. . .sodomites any more. Ya gotta let your boys be boys 'n' your girls be girls."

Did you guess right?

After Gary finishes speaking, we hear someone say "All right, y'all sing (mumble) or whatever," and there's more wandering and chat. That's one inspiring church atmosphere!

The Hawkinses sing I Can't Quit When There's a Fire Burning in Me. The piano is set so that Becky has to sit with her back to the congregation, and Gary stands with his back to them, as well. He hikes up his pants (I hope that's what it was, and not scratching!) a few times.

Spoiler

image.png.3275daf1772f7343044d31186b604048.png

Notice that Jacob is facing us. Gary, buy another copy of the music, or do what Jacob has done, and memorize the song. Just after they finish, we hear a loud belch. Everybody's a critic.

The pastor gets up and talks about his hearing loss, and follows up on the Sunday school lesson about how nobody preaches about sin any more. He says the person speaking at Sunday school was named Caleb - don't know if it was Gary's Caleb or someone from that congregation.

He has them in hysterics talking about how he is terrified of Japanese hornets because he had "a personal relationship" with one, having been stung as a child, as a way to illustrate how you need a "personal relationship" with the Holy Spirit. Then he switches to billy goats and sheep, and Jesus/God/The Holy Spirit being large.

"Let's just use a little bit of - they call it logic? Is that - Just use your brain." He asks how people could not know they are saved, when something as big as God comes in?  He is almost as incoherent at Gary.

But Gary should listen to one thing he says, just so there will be less litter in the world - he's against tracts. He thinks you should go harangue - er, talk to - people repeatedly.

The video cuts off when he is in mid-rant.

That dog is so darned cute. 

Edited by thoughtful
riffle
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 21

I am sure that was Caleb "preaching". I'm so disappointed. I was hoping he had escaped. He even used Gary's expressions and intonations.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 1

They had their pictures taken today:

Spoiler

image.png.2ca76038582a433309fe89bf8868af77.png

Becky's latest post:

Spoiler

image.png.286613bfd9d4db1fc68f5219345ad8ac.png

I'd feel for her and think that was lovely, if I didn't know more about her opinions and who she is condemning while she praises mothers.

• I Agree 8
  • Thank You 3

Back to Promise Baptist for Sunday evening service.

They all sing I Should Have Been Crucified. The Hawkinses sing Blessed Be the Name, which starts out with the story of Job - Gary's favorite! Someone sings The Last Time I Saw Mama, and they all join in on the chorus.

Gary's preaching addiction gets another hit (really, Gar, the marijuana you tried once  twice might have been healthier for you).

Guess how he starts. Yep! "It's good to be in church, ain't it? No better place than the house of the Lord, Amen."

He makes sure we know they had Walmart chicken for Mothers' Day. Gary says someone went over and got "them little bitty legs- guess the chickens was in pretty bad shape, I guess." The pastor tells him not to spend the whole service "talkin' 'bout Walmart chicken."

Today was the first time Gary's spent Mothers' Day with his mother in 5-6 years. "Usually ah'm on the road, but the vahris took keer o' that, Amen?" Way to be gracious, Gar.

Gary rambles on about a keyboard piana they are having repaired, and asks them to pray it will be cheap, because his truck has taken most of his income tax money.

Gary, didn't you just do a Facebook live about being humble? You've now taken up the congregation's time with your dinner, your lack of gigs, and the broken stuff you need to pay for. One would think you are just there for attention and money, not to spread the joy of Jesus.

John 9:19-25. He interrupts his own reading after verse 22 ("These words spake his parents, because they feared the Jews: for the Jews had agreed already, that if any man did confess that he was Christ, he should be put out of the synagogue") to say "Guess what? If we, uh, today, if we announce God bein' the God of Heaven, we'd get crucified, Amen? No doubt about that."

Well, I have some doubt about that, you faux-martyr.

He launches into his shouting rant about the devil having been his father, but now God is, the 13-year-old he saved, and a few other familiar chestnuts, with full orgasmic, apoplectic, screaming, bellowing, cooing, soprano-level squealing, hissing carrying on. If you've never heard the wildest level Gary can get to, this is the video to watch. I'm surprised he survived.

You know most of it, but here are some highlights (or lowlights).

The connection comes and goes, so I don't know the context, but, at one point (34:00), Gary is bellowing and I think he says he wants to "smell like a Christian. . . spit like a Christian, act like a Christian."

He quotes something from another preacher who asked if Jesus was coming to your house for fellowship, what would you have to put away. I'm not "saved," Gary, and I can't think of a thing in my house that Jesus would disapprove of. In fact, he'd probably be disappointed at the lack of wine.

Gary told someone off for "cussin'" on Facebook. The other person said his grandfather cussed, and he was a great Christian. Gary answered that if his grandfather cussed, he was not that good of a Christian. "And if he's watchin' I don't really give a good flip!"

Uh, Gar - "give a flip" is just a euphemism for . . . cussing. It might have been more Christlike to just set an example, rather than being a schmuck about the man and his late grandfather.

He talks about the woman in Walmart's who liked social distancing again.

Gary says he and Caleb and "daddy" all preached this morning - so that was Gary's father who had the personal relationship with the Japanese hornet. No wonder they have the same style.

He bellows all about the different things his mother used to beat him - "she didn't use just the belt, she didn't use just the switch, she used whatever she could get her hands on!" He screams that now that he's a parent and a married man, he knows why his Mama would whup him (he says she wouldn't even say "whup," she'd use the word beat, and somebody actually applauds this).

He mocks parents using "time out," but says that the only other punishment his mama used besides beating him was making him stand in the corner.

Um, Gary . . .

Ever'body's aginst ever'body. Oliver B. Greene used to say "if I was God, I'd pinch your heads off." Gary said he'd do a lot more'n that but he's not gonna tell us what he'd do.

But he loves people, because he's saved.

We should be happy and excited, and not complain, even if life isn't great (practice what you preach, dolt). He bellows "It ain't gonna get no better down here, but (pointing up) it sure is gonna get better down there!"

Oops.

"I've had people ask my children, well do ya like to travel? Evidently, they lied - you see who's with me, don'tcha?"

Gary gets tired of the road, too, but he thinks of that one lost soul he can save. If the governor of Florida or the police had not let them have that service, that 13-year-old would not have been saved. ?

He warns against CNN ("and all them other Ns"), and gets some agreement from the congregation, including a "God bless our president."

"People are still dyin' because they rejected Jesus Christ and God's gettin' tahred of it. It ain't because of Corona! Amen! "

"You know why I don't go to them chiropractors - not chiropractors . . . what are them people called . . . for nutcases." Becky: "psychiatrists." Gary: "Yeah, 'em people. You know why I don't go? Number one, they're wicked. Number two, if I went in an told 'em ever'thin' they'd go commit suicide, they'd lose their jobs. HAYMEN!"

:wtf:

Not enough people get high on the Lord anymore. Well, you sure got high on something during this cacophony, Gary, but I doubt it was God.

Becky heard from a woman whose church "skipped a few services" and now not many people are coming. Gary said he'd go there, if they want and "take his own money" to go fellowship with them and keep them from gettin' discouraged. He let slip that they have a "missions quarters we kin stay in." I'm sure you'd still go if you had to pay for a hotel - right, Gar?

Of course, he's confident God will give back tenfold - and that ain't the reason he'd do it, he just knows how good God is, because he's been servin' him for a long time. 

He talks about the pastor's wife's health problems, and Becky's migraines, but manages to slip in references to both of them needing to go to the bathroom as part of his attempt at sympathy.

The video cuts off during his final prayer.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard "ol' rugged cross" in the last month, I'd be wealthy. With another nickel for each "Walmart's" and "I'm a tell ya" and "hey, listen" I could buy out Bill Gates.

Hey, Gary:

Spoiler

2078160944_gifstopyelling.gif.c1cc528a463c54380ef33fe33078e6e6.gif

Edited by thoughtful
riffle
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 8
  • Thank You 17

Thoughts- if a pastor who is mad enough in the first place to let you preach tells you to hold back on the Walmart chicken talk, then you should realise your material sucks.

Second - this performance absolutely confirms this ‘ministry’ is a vanity project. It’s about him and what he likes doing and that’s why he gets so belligerent about having to consider anyone else.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8

4 hours ago, thoughtful said:

You know why I don't go to them chiropractors - not chiropractors . . . what are them people called . . . for nutcases." Becky: "psychiatrists." Gary: "Yeah, 'em people. You know why I don't go? Number one, they're wicked. Number two, if I went in an told 'em ever'thin' they'd go commit suicide, they'd lose their jobs. HAYMEN!"

Part of me is dying laughing at Gary mixing up chiropractors and psychiatrists, and the other part is baffled as to why he thinks either group would be suicidal after he "told 'em ever'thin'". 

Although I can see where having him as a client would drive you to drink at least...

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 10

Gary, if a bunch of people commit suicide after talking to you you might be doing this Christian testimony thing wrong. Pretty sure KJV never tells you to go force people to kill themselves in order to be rid of you.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10

Thank you @thoughtful for taking so many for the team. I can't imagine trying to type all that nonsense out, let alone listening to it. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 12
  • Thank You 2

9 hours ago, Idlewild said:

if a pastor who is mad enough in the first place to let you preach tells you to hold back on the Walmart chicken talk, then you should realise your material sucks.

Yeah. He did it with a chuckle and fondness in his voice (and he had just told everyone his family had KFC), but I think there was an undercurrent of "sheesh - there he goes again."

9 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Part of me is dying laughing at Gary mixing up chiropractors and psychiatrists, and the other part is baffled as to why he thinks either group would be suicidal after he "told 'em ever'thin'". 

Because Gary speaks in sentence fragments, jumping around from whatever he thinks his point is to some riff he's done a million times, it's often difficult to figure out.

But I think this (which I have heard him do bits of before) was supposed to mean that he has so many troubles that, if he ever told them all to a psychiatrist, the doctor would get so depressed that he (because I don't think Gary can even picture a woman in that role) would commit suicide. Oh, and after that the doctor would lose his job - I love that little detail. Gary, most of us lose our jobs when we die, but I guess you know that little about jobs.

But, of course, Gary only exaggerates how bad his troubles are in this dramatic fashion so he can tell us how he never complains and is always joyful, because he's saved. Heck, if he can be joyful when he suffers trials that would kill (and then unemploy!) a chiropractor-nutcase-doctor just from hearing them, nobody else has an excuse to be grumpy.

As ever, the level of ignorance about how others live and what they face, total self-focus, and lack of realization that he complains often, is mind-boggling.

Edited by thoughtful
riffle
  • Haha 15

I’ve just been catching up.

Gary makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

What a terrible preacher HAYMAYUN.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

I'm pretty sure EVERYBODY in the Walmarts is happy about social distancing when Gary is in there.

Haymen?

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 5

• samurai_sarah pinned and unpinned this topic
  • samurai_sarah locked this topic