IGNORED

Lori Alexander 76: Ken Advises Saving?

32 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Remember --  as God Lori always tells us, we're not supposed to be happy and suffering is our goal. I guess part of suffering is to make darn sure that the people around you also suffer. Lori's got that perfected.

That's the only part she's got perfected. She's REALLY good at making sure other people suffer. 

She, however, never suffers. Having to wear a mask at the grocery store is not suffering, Lori. 

She doesn't even follow her own edicts, really. She does what she wants, eats what she wants, buys whatever she wants, lounges on the couch and vacations for months. Even when the kids were young she had a nanny AND a housekeeper. She has no idea what suffering is.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1

Oh my!  Can someone take my temperature?  Lori had a tweet about not taking children to protests, and I have to say I am with her on that one.  Some of these protests have been getting out of control and could be dangerous for children. 

I'll see myself to the prayer closet now for actually admitting I agree with Lori.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

I saw the post too, which came out of a comment on her FB page. Lori is against protesting of all kinds. Let's face it, she didn't want to do anything uncomfortable. She needed her time lying out topless in the backyard every day. 

• Upvote 6

I thought her parents were just wonderful and her dad a great provider. Her mom was a submissive house wife. 

2AC0B1D3-D416-4C63-9796-E865D5DD74E6.png

• Upvote 8

27 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

I thought her parents were just wonderful and her dad a great provider. Her mom was a submissive house wife. 

2AC0B1D3-D416-4C63-9796-E865D5DD74E6.png

She has bitched about her parents, her mother in particular, fighting in the past.  She complained so much about negative things about her mother that two of her maternal aunts came to her old blog and commented  that what she wrote wasn't true.

Lord, I wish those ladies would come here and dish!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

I wonder if Lori told Jamie to pray the PTSD away. :pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 9

Wait. Doesn’t that commenter say that her parents DID get divorced? Lori answers as though they did not. 

What am I missing? 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Wait. Doesn’t that commenter say that her parents DID get divorced? Lori answers as though they did not. 

What am I missing? 

You’re probably not missing anything, Lori however I can’t say the same.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7

I look forward to the post in which Lori tells us about the military service of all the men in her household. You know...to protect the women and keep them from enlisting. 

6F684115-8380-44B3-9502-EFFFA8EEA837.jpeg

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

OH FUCK NO. Lori can take her "only men belong in the military because of sexual assault" and fuck off into the sun. Does she not think that men are sexually assaulted as well? Or MAYBE men could just stop being rapists?

GODDAMN it. I was sexually assaulted in the Army, and I belonged in the Army. My rapist did not. There is no place for RAPISTS in the Army. There is a place for women.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 25

As part of my schooling for my master’s  we had to watch a video on sexual assault in the army. Men were/are raped in the military. It just gets hidden away or they get discharged for being gay (in the past they were I guess) or for having an affair. The thing is, it was only the victim being punished with these things. The rapist had no consequences. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 9

I’d like to apologize for my previous post. I realize now I should have put the screen shot under a spoiler, with a trigger warning. I am very sorry for being insensitive.  I realized my mistake when it was too late to edit. 

@TeddyBonkers, I am especially sorry for causing you pain. I am so sorry for what you endured and for stirring up painful memories. You are right; you belonged in the Army. He did not. 

• Love 11

10 hours ago, smittykins said:

I wonder if Lori told Jamie to pray the PTSD away. :pb_rollseyes:

I'm completely distracted by the fact that the team captain of the Dallas Stars is Jamie Benn. . .

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

BEC52051-5EFD-4BB5-9D6E-663D837D663F.thumb.png.1190eac0567b83f577c8a18e0760b0e1.png

before it gets deleted. 

Argh! Now I remember why I left Lori threads. She’s enraging!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

Lori, feminists  don’t like your rhetoric because you tell women  that being SAHMs is all they are capable of, that it’s wrong and unnecessary for them to be educated, that they shouldn’t have the right to vote, and that they are lesser than men in all things. Feminism is about equal opportunity and choices. Don’t even pretend you think women should have choices.  You’ve made it clear time and again you believe they should not. Plus you insult and condemn any woman who makes even a small choice different than your own. You’re not just anti-feminist; you’re hateful and petty. 

Edited by louisa05
  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2

I don’t think Lori has ever met an actual feminist but then again I don’t think it would matter if she did. With what I’ve seen of her reading comprehension and critical thinking she’d only continue to believe what she wants.   Same with the rest of her followers. Feminists, as they have on her page, can say they don’t care if women stay home until they’re blue in the face and every single one gets ignored. Like live your life I don’t really care if you want to be a stay at home mom. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

Young mom I’m just meeting: “I’m home with the kids, and don’t plan to go back to work for quite a while.”

Me (the feminist mom who worked two outside jobs for most of my daughter’s childhood): “Hey, that’s great! Good for you!”

Suck on that, Lori.

• Upvote 17

Any one else notice that there seems to be someone else writing as Lori in some of her comments?  Lori doesn't write in a breezy slang-y style.

The  comments that begin -- Oh yeah" or "Oh really " or "Yeah your'e wrong"  just don't sound like Lori.  They certainly don't sound like Verbose Ken (TM) on his horse of truth.

I wonder who is writing for Lori?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Any one else notice that there seems to be someone else writing as Lori in some of her comments?  Lori doesn't write in a breezy slang-y style.

The  comments that begin -- Oh yeah" or "Oh really " or "Yeah your'e wrong"  just don't sound like Lori.  They certainly don't sound like Verbose Ken (TM) on his horse of truth.

I wonder who is writing for Lori?

She's been using 'yeah' for a few weeks now, and the first time I saw it I know my eyebrows shot up. It's definitely not her usual style, nor Ken's. He'd say, 'You bet!' which drives me nuts.  And I thought her 'Oh, really?' in a comment today was pretty rude. Rudeness IS typical Lori, but it just doesn't sound like her. :think:

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

So.... what is this Parler or Parlor as Lori spells it.

Seems to be a conservative Twitter-ish clone that lets the OG poster delete comments she doesn't like. Kinda like Lori's FB page.

I'd never heard of it until Lori mentioned she's now on it.

And .. I'm just putting this out there...Lori's leghumper major fanboy Kenneth Shock with his oh so superior pseudo-intellectual background can just STFU and go away. Far away. Far, far away. And as he's leaving would he take George Tasker, Adam Walker, and Shaun Cantu with him.  Mmmkay bye. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Nah, this is why you should research before posting bullshit. A counselor doesn’t teach “biblical roles” because it’s not their place. As a counselor it’s unethical for me to push my religious beliefs on to a client/ clients. Even when I did Christian counseling as an intern I checked in with my clients about their beliefs before incorporating it into sessions.

Additionally, we operate with what is presented to us. So if it’s mostly the husband then that’s what we are addressing. I’m not a marriage counselor; however most counselors operate out of similar ethics. I thought I wanted to be a marriage counselor and then realized couples arguing put me on edge too much because it’s triggering.

A counselors role is to teach compassion, communication, and help people develop feelings of safety. It’s not our fault that gender roles don’t lead to that. It’s also not our fault that the husband doesn’t want to fix his behavior. It’s not about not offending people but the fact that we are trained professionals that might know more than random internet lady. 

EC3E0AED-8F00-4889-B7B7-7B4EDAF43A50.png

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic