IGNORED

Tori and Bobby Smith 6: Now with Kade, Kolter, and Charlotte

GreyhoundFan

I had an IUD placed a few months postpartum and I didn't get a period again until I had it removed at around 20mo so we could start trying for baby #2.  The nurse half-jokingly asked me if having another kid was really worth having to deal with my period again.

• Upvote 4

• 1 month later...

On 11/18/2022 at 9:40 PM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I had an IUD placed a few months postpartum and I didn't get a period again until I had it removed at around 20mo so we could start trying for baby #2.  The nurse half-jokingly asked me if having another kid was really worth having to deal with my period again.

I just had a tubal ligation. I also had an endometrial ablation so with luck I'll never have a period again. Best Christmas gift ever.

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1

• 2 months later...

I just realized Cambree is 7.5 months old. I bet Tori’s already pregnant again. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 10

16 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

She was happy to be on camera at ILY Day, so if she is, she is not showing yet and she tends to avoid the cameras when she is pregnant (she stayed out of frame of several of Erin's videos last year when pregnant). 

• Upvote 1

I bet she’s pregnant. Maybe only in the first trimester. But I’m guessing the next baby will be 14-17 months younger than Cambree. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Oh she is probably pregnant, but I think early pregnancy. My guess is she will have an October/November baby. So 14-15 months after Cambree. 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet she’s pregnant. Maybe only in the first trimester. But I’m guessing the next baby will be 14-17 months younger than Cambree. 

May this baby get a better name!

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

They did so well with Charlotte and then I don't know wtf Cambree is. 

My guesses.

Boy: Karlton, Kord, Kyle (too normal for them probably) 

Girl: Courtney, Caroline, Cecilia, Candi 

My guess is the next girl will have the middle name Jane to go with Raine and Layne. 

I think I am making Carrie (or Caroline) Jane as my official pick for next girl. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

19 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

Cambree after Charlotte dumbfounded me. How can you pick a pretty name like Charlotte and then pick Cambree?! I was positive she would choose something lovely like Caroline, Cora, Or Cecelia. But nope. However Kolter will always be her worst baby name. It’s awful. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 5

22 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

I still cringe reading her name… each their own I suppose 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 3

35 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I still cringe reading her name… each their own I suppose 

I find it cringey too, but I still like it a lot better than Kolter.

• I Agree 1

35 minutes ago, ToriAmos said:

How do they pronounce it? Short a or long a sound? I always think long a, but both sound awkward. 

Short vowel. So it sounds like Cam and Brie like the cheese. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Cambree is such a weird name... it always makes me think it could be a dwarf out of the Tolkien Universe.... . isn't it also the same name as Courtney Rogers youngest?

I think Cambree is fine. It fits their style and both Bree and Cam are names or nicknames in their own right. It wouldn't be a name I would chose, but it's pretty. The kids won't get to go to school, but I doubt it would raise any eyebrows in America today, especially the South.

Of course Free Jinger has a "traditional" elitism towards names that I find outdated and classist. Europeans should consider that this is not their culture.  

I also admit that I'm not perfect and while I try to respect different naming cultures; occasionally a name annoys me. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

I don't think I would dislike Cambree so much if it hadn't come after Charlotte. Charlotte is a great name and I think I expected their next girl to have a similar name and Cambree really three me off. 

It also does sound like someone mixed Camembert and Brie together. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 6
  • Move Along 1
  • I Agree 1

I went on Nameberry and typed in each of Tori's kids and looked at the suggested similar names, then filtered out the c/k names.

Cambree: Cassadee, Catelynn, Carolee, Caliyah 

Charlotte: Caroline, Clara, Claire, Cora

Kolter: Nameberry had nothing lol

Kade: Kase/Kace, Kayden/Kaden, Kash, Kane, Kamdyn, Kason 

I am changing my girl vote to Carolee Jane and for boys I am going with Kash. 

• Upvote 6

I was curious and checked all the Bates grandkids with at least one sibling of the same gender and only Erin and Josie's kids had corresponding suggested names. For Erin it was Finley/Everly and Holland/Brooklyn. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I went on Nameberry and typed in each of Tori's kids and looked at the suggested similar names, then filtered out the c/k names.

Cambree: Cassadee, Catelynn, Carolee, Caliyah 

Charlotte: Caroline, Clara, Claire, Cora

Kolter: Nameberry had nothing lol

Kade: Kase/Kace, Kayden/Kaden, Kash, Kane, Kamdyn, Kason 

I am changing my girl vote to Carolee Jane and for boys I am going with Kash. 

Lol, reminds me of Courtney's kids, she has Cambria, Caliyah (I think), Cash, does she have a Coralee or something similar??😅

2 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I was curious and checked all the Bates grandkids with at least one sibling of the same gender and only Erin and Josie's kids had corresponding suggested names. For Erin it was Finley/Everly and Holland/Brooklyn. 

Lol, I thought a good matching name for Willow would be Meadow.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Lol, reminds me of Courtney's kids, she has Cambria, Caliyah (I think), Cash, does she have a Coralee or something similar??😅

Lol, I thought a good matching name for Willow would be Meadow.

No Meadow on Nameberry. The suggested similar names for Willow are: 

Wren, Hazel, Ivy, Luna, Juniper, Violet, Sage, Harlow, Piper, Poppy, Iris, Olive, Nova, Willa, Clover, Harper, River (boy), Aurora, Winter, Autumn

• Thank You 3

On 3/19/2023 at 9:00 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Short vowel. So it sounds like Cam and Brie like the cheese. 

Oh I have been saying it wrong in my head I say came Brie cam Brie is way worse 

• 1 month later...
On 3/18/2023 at 9:52 PM, JDuggs said:

The problem with Kash is that Kash Smith is hard to say.

It's interesting how people differ. That name is super easy for me to say. I wonder if it's a regional/accent thing.

I'm hoping their next kid is named something like Chickadee or Cumberland.

Edited by Kiki03910
sloppy typing

• Coconut Flan locked this topic