Jump to content
IGNORED

Tori and Bobby Smith 6: Now with Kade, Kolter, and Charlotte


GreyhoundFan

Recommended Posts

Microwaved eggs... I haven't had them but I've heard jokes about them, in a way that sounded like they were pretty much non-tasty. Maybe Bobby heard talk of them or even tried one and thought it was disgusting. Surely there are different ways of preparing them in the microwave and some ways must be OK

So... I really don't know what's wrong with microwaved eggs, lol. I have just assumed they are gross. I'm not going to try one unless @AussieKrissy's "friend" shares a delicious method of preparation here.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When my ankle was broken, my non-cooking MIL taught my non-cooking husband to make eggs in ths microwave for our breaksfast. They arent as good as in the skillet but will do if you microwave them a minute a time until done. 

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Bobology said:

Microwaved eggs... I haven't had them but I've heard jokes about them, in a way that sounded like they were pretty much non-tasty. Maybe Bobby heard talk of them or even tried one and thought it was disgusting. Surely there are different ways of preparing them in the microwave and some ways must be OK

So... I really don't know what's wrong with microwaved eggs, lol. I have just assumed they are gross. I'm not going to try one unless @AussieKrissy's "friend" shares a delicious method of preparation here.

My “friend” makes great scrambled eggs in the microwave. Eggs, cream (not milk) whip them up, salt and pepper to taste. Blast a minute at time. Nice firm fluffy eggs with none of tHat liquidy crap you sometimes get. Super quick and easy. Delicious. Sometimes my “friend” puts grated cheese in too. Bonus points if you eat it straight out of the bowl with the same fork you stir it with. Less washing up. 

  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't done it in a while, but I love a microwave mug scramble in the mornings.  I used to sautee up veggies and meat and keep them in the fridge, then add 2 eggs and the mixture and some cheese to a mug, mix it up and microwave it for about 30 seconds, stir, microwave again for another 30 seconds, and stir... repeat until done.  Usually mine took about 100 seconds, but obviously your microwave may vary.  They were portable and easy clean-up and I could be packing our lunches while it cooked.

Edited by GuineaPigCourtship
You gotta stir, man! Can't forget that part.
  • Upvote 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

My “friend” makes great scrambled eggs in the microwave. Eggs, cream (not milk) whip them up, salt and pepper to taste. Blast a minute at time. Nice firm fluffy eggs with none of tHat liquidy crap you sometimes get. Super quick and easy. Delicious. Sometimes my “friend” puts grated cheese in too. Bonus points if you eat it straight out of the bowl with the same fork you stir it with. Less washing up. 

I'll have to remember that. I can't make scrambled eggs. I've tried so many times, I've watched my dad who makes delicious scrambled eggs but somehow I always fail. I can make a cheesecake but I can't make something as simple as scrambled eggs. In my teen years my mom bought those scramble egg things they advertised in the mid or late 90s. Its shaped like an egg. You put the egg in and close the top. Then shake it and put it in the microwave for a minute or two and take the lid off. It was close. 

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought eggs exploded if you tried to microwave them so this whole discussion about microwaving eggs got me like "how?????". The idea of using a microwave to make scrambled eggs had just never occured to me, but now that I know you guys are talking about making scrambled eggs in the microwave, it makes a lot more sense ? 

  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Marly said:

I thought eggs exploded if you tried to microwave them so this whole discussion about microwaving eggs got me like "how?????". The idea of using a microwave to make scrambled eggs had just never occured to me, but now that I know you guys are talking about making scrambled eggs in the microwave, it makes a lot more sense ? 

This reminds me of when I first used a microwave.  I was in my teens, and visiting my father.  Microwaves were still expensive and not common back then, but Dad and Stepmom had one.  All I knew about them was that a microwave cooked everything much faster.

So one day I had a hankering for a hard boiled egg.  I got an egg and put it in the microwave, then asked one of my step-brothers "How long do I cook a hard boiled egg?"  He looked at me funny and replied "Three minutes."  I thought, well, that's not any quicker than boiling them in water, but this way I don't have to get out a pot and get water to boil, so it's still quicker.  I pressed 3 on the keypad and then Cook.  The microwave hummed for 3 seconds and shut off.  So I asked my step-brother "How do I set the microwave to cook for 3 minutes?"  "Press 3-0-0 and then Cook."  I did so and went into the next room to watch TV.

A minute or so later we heard a 'Pop' sound from the kitchen, and looked at each other.  "What was that?"  "I don't know."  Suspicion dawned on his face.  "How did you plan to cook your egg?"  "In the microwave.  Why?"

Step-brother ran into the kitchen and stopped the microwave.  The egg had exploded and bits of egg were baked onto all the internal surfaces.  Sucker took forever to clean.

  • Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Flossie I laughed at your egg story (awesome btw!!) but I guarantee you I wouldn't have been laughing if I was the one who had to clean it up afterwards! ?

  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've always called the "McDonald's eggs" but idk why. I make them for my dogs. Scramble a raw egg with a fork. Microwave for 60 seconds. Let cool and serve.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Flossie said:

This reminds me of when I first used a microwave.  I was in my teens, and visiting my father.  Microwaves were still expensive and not common back then, but Dad and Stepmom had one.  All I knew about them was that a microwave cooked everything much faster.

<snip>

Not egg related, but microwave mishap related...

My brother's neighbor friend growing up was lacking in the common sense department.

One day when his mom was still at work in the afternoon, he put their cordless phone in the freezer to see if it would get cold.

Obviously it did. And then it wouldn't work.

He decided the only logical thing to do was put it in the microwave like you did with cold things you wanted to heat up.

Obviously that didn't go well.

I'm pretty sure after that this boy's mom made him only play outside when she was at work because she figured it limited his potential for getting into trouble less than it was indoors.

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Marly said:

I thought eggs exploded if you tried to microwave them so this whole discussion about microwaving eggs got me like "how?????". The idea of using a microwave to make scrambled eggs had just never occured to me, but now that I know you guys are talking about making scrambled eggs in the microwave, it makes a lot more sense ? 

Oh don’t worry if you zap scrambled eggs to long they kind of volcano... 

13 hours ago, Kelsey said:

I've always called the "McDonald's eggs" but idk why. I make them for my dogs. Scramble a raw egg with a fork. Microwave for 60 seconds. Let cool and serve.

Yep that’s yummy too. I put that through two min noodles 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I worked at a corporate owned McDonald’s years ago.  At least back them they used real eggs with shells and everything!  We put them in a blender to scramble them, which was weird but effective.  
 

I don’t think they even have real working kitchens anymore, I’m curious how they make stuff now.

Edited by TeaELSee
  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/21/2020 at 9:48 AM, TeaELSee said:

I worked at a corporate owned McDonald’s years ago.  At least back them they used real eggs with shells and everything!  We put them in a blender to scramble them, which was weird but effective.  
 

I don’t think they even have real working kitchens anymore, I’m curious how they make stuff now.

I quit working at McDonald's probably 8 years ago and then we still had eggs with shells. The scrambled eggs were the cartons of liquid egg, just like you can buy at the grocery store. The eggs on the McMuffins were from the real eggs. We cracked them into a little ring thing and covered them to cook them. The egg on the McGriddle was called a folded egg, and that come frozen.

  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Duggar’s are always microwaving eggs on Styrofoam plates in their show. I’ve got to admit it’s where I learned to try it. I don’t care for the end texture too much but it works well if you’re in a hurry. It’s a mix between omelette and scrambled to me...

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

the holy blur can be spotted again in new pics they posted. 

Man, Tori's post baby hair is to be envied. It's glorious. No one told me it falls out after a baby.

  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not everyone experiences hair loss postpartum. I certainly didn’t. However, in my antenatal class was a young girl (about sixteen or seventeen) who was training to be a hairdresser who experienced thinning hair. She was really unhappy about it.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Angelface said:

Not everyone experiences hair loss postpartum. I certainly didn’t. However, in my antenatal class was a young girl (about sixteen or seventeen) who was training to be a hairdresser who experienced thinning hair. She was really unhappy about it.

I was getting a hair cut and asked the hairdresser if she had run the thinning scissors through the sides of my hair (last hair cut), It was her who then informed me, "oh no Honey all thoose whispy bits, that's all the babies fault." lol.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

the holy blur can be spotted again in new pics they posted. 

Man, Tori's post baby hair is to be envied. It's glorious. No one told me it falls out after a baby.

She really is a beautiful girl-

  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 5/16/2020 at 7:49 AM, just_ordinary said:

What are microwave eggs? I have to admit I am left clueless... what kind of eggs do you get (compared to hard/soft boiled, scrambled, fried...) - how do you prepare it? Is it like an omelette?

Until this moment I had never heard of microwave eggs either. I'm clueless as well. 

On 4/22/2020 at 12:33 PM, Kelsey said:

Too bad the name Kelton is already taken.

Well, Bobby is really good friends with Kelton and he is going to be an uncle to their children. So, they may give one of their sons the name of Kelton in honor of a dear friend and brother-in-law. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Someone needs to bite the bullet and watch the Bates' testimony videos on IG, then recap any juicy bits here!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I watched both of Erin and Tori's videos and all I gotta say is that I hope Kelly and Gill can pay for all of their kids' therapy because they all definitely have gone through religious trauma if the other kids' testimonies are like Erin and Tori's. I feel really bad for them that they went through that at a young age. 

  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tori looks so different! She's gorgeous as always, but looks so different! Why is she whispering in this video??

  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Coconut Flan changed the title to Tori and Bobby Smith 6: Now with Kade, Kolter, and Charlotte

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.