IGNORED

Tori and Bobby Smith 6: Now with Kade, Kolter, and Charlotte

GreyhoundFan

34 minutes ago, JillyO said:

We all need sleep. We should all support parents in getting more sleep through whatever non-abusive means work best for their families. That’s all I was trying to say. 

Thanks for clearing that up! And I apologise if I sounded huffy - once my initial irritation had worn off, I pretty much realised that I was overreacting a bit. 
It’s weird how much this still hits home after so many years. But yes, it was super hard. Which is why I always try to reassure younger moms that none of it is their fault.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 3

My 5 month old still doesn't reliably sleep through the night and when he does he's up and ready to go at 430 am. I have to keep reminding myself that this too shall pass. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 6

My best friend’s kid didn’t sleep through the night till she was 4.  That’s why she’s an only child. 

Edited by lumpentheologie
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Knight of Ni said:

My 5 month old still doesn't reliably sleep through the night and when he does he's up and ready to go at 430 am. I have to keep reminding myself that this too shall pass. 

None of my children slept through the night until they were turned 15 months. When you factor in an hour and a quarter drive to school (which necessitated getting up really early), a husband who worked away Monday to Friday and no family nearby I honestly don’t know how I did it. Some days I was so tired I wasn’t sure if I’d done the school and nursery run or if I’d just dreamt it! But yes, this too shall pass. Youngest child is now at university and those hectic days seem a long time ago. 

Edited by Angelface
Typo
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 4

I have an 18 month old who has never slept through. Sleep training (in any form) is not for us but I can for sure see why people do it. Sleep deprivation is hardddd ?

This Ezzo on the other hand, I do judge people for. It just sounds downright neglectful. 

• Upvote 7

On 1/29/2021 at 9:26 AM, Alysabeth said:

I have an 18 month old who has never slept through. Sleep training (in any form) is not for us but I can for sure see why people do it. Sleep deprivation is hardddd ?

This Ezzo on the other hand, I do judge people for. It just sounds downright neglectful. 

Feeling with you. Sleep deprivation certainly has a way of messing you up. I never question myself as a parent or the decision to have children as badly as when we have a bad sleeping phase. I definitely understand  now why parents with less stable backgrounds do certain things- I still definitely judge but I get the reasons (even though no excuse from me- get help). 

I think we can only have just carry on and drink that black espresso. And always when we finally seem to have broke the issue, she grows (4cm a month is painful) or teethes or gets sick or makes a leap in her development which makes her obviously needy again. My only reassurance is that she can do it. Trust me the first full night (which meant 11h for us) will be so awesome. And at one point all of them will sleep. It’s the same as the family bed. No 18 year old sleeps in their parents bed anymore. And they all are able to go to bed by themselves and sleep through the night.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Feeling with you. Sleep deprivation certainly has a way of messing you up. I never question myself as a parent or the decision to have children as badly as when we have a bad sleeping phase. I definitely understand  now why parents with less stable backgrounds do certain things- I still definitely judge but I get the reasons (even though no excuse from me- get help).

My mother was a young single-mom when she had me and was luckily able to move in with my grandparents when I was born. I was a really bad sleeper, cried a lot and she had to complete her job training at the same time. She was sleep deprivated a lot and looking back she told me that she could totally understand why parents in the same situation might do awful things to their child (no excuse, of course!!!). Whenever she was on the edge my grandparents stepped in and took care of me, especially my grandpa since he had just retired a few months before.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 6

Our son did not sleep through the night until he was maybe 3?  And then not two nights in a row until he started school. It.was.hard. At 2 he was waking on average 8 times a night (starting after 11pm then literally every 45 minutes or so until morning).   I spent 4 nights at Karitane (a sleep clinic) with him trying to help him learn to self soothe and put himself back to sleep (and then another two weeks at home using the controlled crying) but it just didn’t work. I rang them to say he was still waking multiple times an night and their response was that they couldn’t help me any further.   

That week my husband went away for work and it was just me getting up all of those times. When I was having thoughts of driving us both into a brick wall (yes I was that sleep deprived) I went to our GP and begged for help.  She prescribed an antihistamine for him and for a week I gave it to him and it broke the cycle. He only woke one with or twice a night after that until as I said, he was 5, then he started sleeping better. Obviously medicating is not ideal but for us it was the only way we got through. 

At 8 he was diagnosed with Aspergers. One of the things they asked about was sleep problems. Yep. 

He’s  nearly 21 now, still has trouble sleeping, but nothing like when he was little. Plus he lives in his own unit now so I only hear about it the next day, not during the night.  Phew!

• Upvote 9
  • Love 9

• 4 months later...

Apparently Tori is pregnant again with a girl, as per bringing up bates instagram. Since when? I cannot keep track. Or are they just so low key on social media that they went under the radar?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Thorns said:

Apparently Tori is pregnant again with a girl, as per bringing up bates instagram. Since when? I cannot keep track. Or are they just so low key on social media that they went under the radar?

They announced back in January. She's due this month. There are 3 Bates grandbabies due this month: Tori, Whitney, and Josie.

Edited by TuringMachine
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 3

24 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

They announced back in January. She's due this month. There are 3 Bates grandbabies due this month: Tori, Whitney, and Josie.

Oh well, I missed that one. Compared to the insta-gallore of her sisters she is just not very public about it. Good for her! 

• Upvote 6

For a minute I did not remember if Charlotte was already born and this was their fourth child or if you were talking about Charlotte.

It really all blends together.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 11

So boring and high speed breeders, the title is still about their last baby. Maybe their fourth baby may see in a new thread lol 

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

So boring and high speed breeders, the title is still about their last baby. Maybe their fourth baby may see in a new thread lol 

It’s still the same thread because beyond the breeding, they don’t do anything else.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

On 6/8/2021 at 7:08 AM, SassyPants said:

It’s still the same thread because beyond the breeding, they don’t do anything else.

"Batesesesseseses. They don't do much."
"Hey, where's Bori?"

• Upvote 1

I don't know if it has been brought up in this thread, but there were a few stories on IG that indicated that Bori moved a couple houses down from Zach/Whit (I believe they purchased the house). Interesting to see one of the more conservative of the siblings and one of the "least" (in comparison) potentially getting closer.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I don't know if it has been brought up in this thread, but there were a few stories on IG that indicated that Bori moved a couple houses down from Zach/Whit (I believe they purchased the house). Interesting to see one of the more conservative of the siblings and one of the "least" (in comparison) potentially getting closer.

Carlin lives in the neighbourhood too, doesn't she?

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Baby was born last night. Less than 6 lbs…emergent delivery d/t tight cord around the neck affecting baby’s O2 levels per IG post (the Smith's post).

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Baby was born last night. Less than 6 lbs…emergent delivery d/t tight cord around the neck affecting baby’s O2 levels per IG post (the Smith's post).

Glad she is okay. The Bates really got slammed with all of these babies. Something going nearly wrong with all 3 of them! 

• Upvote 14

Article from US Weekly. Glad they do hospital births given the complications.

From the article "the infant’s heart rate dropped ahead of her arrival, explaining, “In what seemed like a critical situation, the whole team of nurses and our incredible doctor worked together with us to deliver Charlotte safely and quickly..."

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/pictures/bringing-up-bates-tori-bobby-smith-welcome-their-3rd-child/

Edited by WiseGirl
added text
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3

Glad the baby is okay.  At the rate she's going looks like Tori is on track to having as many kids as Kelly, if not, at least kids in the double digits.  Don't remember, does Tori have the clotting disorder some of her sisters have?

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

Glad she is okay. The Bates really got slammed with all of these babies. Something going nearly wrong with all 3 of them! 

I was thinking this! All 3 of the June babies had difficult deliveries/post birth complications. Yikes. 

On a shallow note, I think Tori might be the prettiest of the Bates sisters. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

Do you think all these complications with new babies will make one of the women change something? Like dunno space the next a little bit more than their usual?

Maybe I'm just tired and like to imagine something good before bed 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Do you think all these complications with new babies will make one of the women change something? Like dunno space the next a little bit more than their usual?

Nope! If anything they'd see it as honorable to die in childbirth, and trusting God with the family size means they don't worry about complications either, it's all up to him.

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 2

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Tori and Bobby Smith 6: Now with Kade, Kolter, and Charlotte
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic