IGNORED

Tori and Bobby Smith 6: Now with Kade, Kolter, and Charlotte

GreyhoundFan

Tori looks super different. I think it’s a combination of getting a bit thinner, a lot more makeup, and dyed hair. She fits in more with the Bates Girl aesthetic now. I hope she didn’t feel pressured into that. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

On 8/20/2020 at 7:29 AM, lumpentheologie said:

Tori looks super different. I think it’s a combination of getting a bit thinner, a lot more makeup, and dyed hair. She fits in more with the Bates Girl aesthetic now. I hope she didn’t feel pressured into that. 

Same. I think the va-jay-jay sisterhood of Tori, Carlin, Erin, and Whitney might be rubbing off on her. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

On 8/20/2020 at 9:29 PM, lumpentheologie said:

Don't know, I didn't loose my round baby face until my 20s and it made me look a lot different, even my mom was like "Whoa, what happened?"

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I'm close to 32 and while I have lost some of my babyface within the last 10 years, there is still a lot of it left. It doesn't pair that well with all my grey hair - at least not IMHO.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I wouldn’t have recognised her, that’s for sure. Was a big fan of her “old” style. 

I really saw a lot of similarity with Alyssa in that video especially when she tilted her head back..

• Upvote 1

In the past I have written here about how serious Bobby seems all the time. I watched the youtube (live?) thing that was recently posted and Bobby seemed relaxed and kind of funny, not at all like I believed him to be portrayed on the actual program. I wonder if being at home with a tripod or a relative being the camera person allowed him to be truer to his actual personality?  It could also be that I just had been reading him wrong.

• Upvote 2

I only have seen some snippets here and there of BUB, but I think that Bobby often came off as serious annoyed or rigid in many videos with the main family, I think one of the reason is the number of people there usually are at the event and the fact that the Bateses together seems to be a loud and messy group, while Bobby is more an introvert, calm and somehow reserved kind of person, so maybe just being with fewer people in a more familiar setting and with a relative or close person back to the camera it allows him to relax and show more of his real personality.

After all, they are the less active couple on Sm of all the married kids

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Upvote 5

Well, if Bobby is more of an introvert who prefers a calm environment, I hope they don't intend on having 23423408 kids.

Of course, they also believe god wouldn't give them more than they can handle, sooo.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

On 8/19/2020 at 8:06 PM, Nikedagain? said:

Tori looks so different! She's gorgeous as always, but looks so different! Why is she whispering in this video??

I noticed that too and thought it was weird.  Maybe the babies were asleep in the next room or something ?‍♀️

And I agree with some of the others, I think she's probably loosing baby fat in her face.  Same thing happened to me in my mid twenties.  I remember when I noticed my cheekbones and jawline becoming a little more prominent or sharper.  Made me look a little thinner, even through some weight gain so I didn't hate it, lol.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

I only have seen some snippets here and there of BUB, but I think that Bobby often came off as serious annoyed or rigid in many videos with the main family, I think one of the reason is the number of people there usually are at the event and the fact that the Bateses together seems to be a loud and messy group, while Bobby is more an introvert, calm and somehow reserved kind of person, so maybe just being with fewer people in a more familiar setting and with a relative or close person back to the camera it allows him to relax and show more of his real personality.

After all, they are the less active couple on Sm of all the married kids

I often thought he seemed annoyed or unhappy. I don't know if it was with Tori, the Bates or what. Maybe he's an introvert. Maybe he's annoyed when he's around the Bates which I wouldn't blame him if he was. Or the way his career turned out. He went to college to be preacher and moved to another city for a job at church or something which didn't last long and ended up moving closer to the Bates and switching to plumbing. They are loud, annoy, and obnoxious. I just don't know.

Edited by JordynDarby5
  • Upvote 7

On 4/21/2020 at 10:49 PM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Please, God, dissuade them from continuing this theme, unless maybe their next pregnancy is twins. Having three kids with K names would be weird, right?

I've got a family at work with 3 kids with K names

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, rainbowbabycakes said:

I've got a family at work with 3 kids with K names

In the facebook live they were asked about the K theme and she said it was not a theme but just a coincidence that they liked two K names in a row, and that Kade was not his real name anyway (his real name is Robert Ellis Jr.) but just a nickname, and that they dont plan to continue with ks. She also said she stole the name Kolton from Erin, she mentioned it like it was funny but i would be really annoyed if my sister stole one of my favorite names that she knew i had in my baby list for herself.

Edited by llucie
spelling
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

On 9/7/2020 at 6:31 AM, llucie said:

In the facebook live they were asked about the K theme and she said it was not a theme but just a coincidence that they liked two K names in a row, and that Kade was not his real name anyway (his real name is Robert Ellis Jr.) but just a nickname, and that they dont plan to continue with ks. She also said she stole the name Kolton from Erin, she mentioned it like it was funny but i would be really annoyed if my sister stole one of my favorite names that she knew i had in my baby list for herself.

Seems so weird to me that they would give their first son such a traditional name and a Junior to boot (with Kade being solely a nickname), then follow up with such a tryndee name for the next son. It'll be interesting to see what happens over the course of their 20 children 

Generally, (imho) couples will at least follow a pattern of all trendy, or all traditional, or all unique spellings or all whatever ( I know a family where all the kids are named after shades of green--the mom's favorite color).  Even if it the patterning is not intentional, couples seem to gravitate to certain types of names. Our three kids follow a more traditional pattern, although they are names that were probably not even in the top 100 when they were born but still common enough; and all their middle names are named in memory of a family member. The first name pattern was not intentionally traditional, it just happened; middle names were intentional. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

39 minutes ago, FaithAndReason said:

Seems so weird to me that they would give their first son such a traditional name and a Junior to boot (with Kade being solely a nickname), then follow up with such a tryndee name for the next son. It'll be interesting to see what happens over the course of their 20 children 

Kade is a fourth, so I could see Bobby (or Bobby's family) putting their foot down and saying the first-born son must be named Robert Ellis Smith IV because it's family tradition, even if it's not Tori's preferred style of name. That might be why they went with a nickname that is more trendy.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

I just realize that we are only on page 3 of this thread, for how slow their thread moves we could still be here just on pages 5 or 6 when they will announce baby #3. 

• Upvote 6

I watched the IG video of Tori giving testimony and honestly I felt  terrible for her. What parents let their kid sit up at night terrified they're going to go to hell if they die in their sleep because they weren't saved?  Crying in her bed because she's going scared to go to sleep? I mean...this isn't okay in any sense. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 18
  • Love 2

Definitely Erin. Her testimony wasn't that different than Tori's. She gave hers at the same time as Tori, and the two stories kind of blended together. Lots of guilt in the Bates house back in the day. I wonder If Callie has the same guilt trips now?

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

I think it was Erin who had a similar story.  With Carlin, Gil preached about how proud he was to have broken her. (I think he actually said broken) Like she was too confident.  

• Disgust 2
  • Sad 7
  • WTF 5

I’m sorry I saw the name Kolter and all I can think of is the town in Red Dead Redemption 2, Colter, where you nearly freeze to death. It’s somehow worse with the K.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

Given Bobby's new profession with Kelton, I'm expecting the next baby to be named Kohler after the brand of sinks and faucets (among other things). 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 24
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Tori and Bobby Smith 6: Now with Kade, Kolter, and Charlotte
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic