IGNORED

Mrs. Midwest 3: Feminine Racism

AmericanRose

@kaluce Do any of those sketchy accounts use pics of Cynthia L. as examples of European ancestry? ?

Is it possible to be Catholic and a Calvinist? Asking for MM.

My take on the situation: Husband is a cop, and the ongoing protests are about police brutality, especially toward minorities. It's my understanding that Husband is... well, racist, and likely sees the protesters as the problem. I have no doubt she's extremely loyal to him, and is thus between a rock and a hard place - Society says one thing, Herself and Husband say another. She doesn't want to anger anyone, so she decides to say nothing, which backfires as even her "feminine family" can't imagine not using her platform to speak out (especially since Husband is a cop - that would prove that not all cops are bad!  Which of course they're not! The protesters are just trying to stir up trouble!)

And so... cue extended silence because of 'personal issues'. On the bright side, if she returns, I don't think she'll make up a tragedy (that would go against the 'trad life best life' she's trying to convey) - she'll just say it was a private family matter. In spite of writing about her vagina washing routine, this is the same person who preached maintaining an air of mystery, after all.

I think the protests went on longer than she thought they would , and so now she's painted herself in a corner - I mean, to be silent this long, something serious must be wrong! But I would be willing to bet she'll make a return with a slightly new direction for her channel (still feminine, but maybe something more than endless beauty tips) to say she had been using this time for reflection and was deciding to reinvigorate her channel.

Or she can say she was using the time to reflect and decided it best to take down her channel.

I guess we'll see!

Edited by AmericanRose
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

@kaluce Do any of those sketchy accounts use pics of Cynthia L. as examples of European ancestry? ?

Not that I can tell- or she's removed them. I can't find any european accounts in her following list either (although I haven't looked at the whole thing tbh). She's kept old modeling and even a bikini pic of her up in her tagged posts tho, which is not something you'd assume a #tradwife would do.

Going forward on MM- pure conjecture: I wonder if someone reported Husbear for his facebook posts/apparent racism, or there was a stink in the air about him, and that's why she's gone quiet (per his instruction) and he's taken the posts down. Her following that police wife account on pinterest and her retweet of TW make me think something like this happened.

Or if she did get pregnant, maybe she's got reallly terrible morning sickness a la hyperemesis gravidarum (which I wouldn't wish on anyone ughhh)- however, that doesn't explain her absolute SILENCE on insta. She's not even liking any posts from what I can tell. And we know she's at least on Pinterest once a day. I don't think she was planning on taking this long of an absence since it was clear she had 2 weeks on content queued- that vlog and the dumb finances video. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

There is another modesty blogger out there. Yay!?? Meet classically Abby. She is in all of my feeds, and based on her comment section, most people are wondering how they get her out of theirs.  

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

There is another modesty blogger out there. Yay!?? Meet classically Abby. She is in all of my feeds, and based on her comment section, most people are wondering how they get her out of theirs.  

She must have paid SO MUCH MONEY to have all those ads. Are you really an “influencer” if you have to pay to get people to watch you? Lol

• Upvote 6

Well, let's see. They both have ridiculous phrases-
MM: "Feminine family" (I guess it's inclusive, though she makes it clear in videos that men are NOT to be feminine)
CA: "Let's Be Classic" (did you really trademark that, Abby?)

They both began posting videos at roughly the same time-
MM: Feb 15 2019
CA: Feb 4 2019

Video highlights
MM: "How to Be Feminine in a Feminist World", In Defense of Homemakers", "The Modern "Goddess" Mentality", "How to Spot a Masculine Man", "Shamed for Our Lifestyles and Beliefs", "Men are NOT Trash", "How I Handle Criticism for Being Traditional"
CA: Interesting. She started out mainly doing cosmetics videos, and around March 2020 she began posting such gems as: "What an Actual Woman Thinks of Taylor Swift's 'The Man'" (is TS not an actual woman?), "Conservative Women, It's Our Time" (woo, time to take America back to 1850!), Why I Came out as Conservative" (came out? there's only 2 viable political parties in the US, and that's one of them - stop trying to sound ~*so brave and counterculture*~), "Why We Should NOT Just #BelieveAllWomen", "The REAL Body Positivity | Adele looks fantastic - healthy is beautiful!", "My Birth Control Story | Why I'll Never Take the Pill Again..." (I think most women have birth control stories...), "How to Avoid PEER PRESSURE About Being Conservative", "Ladies, SUCCESS is More Than Just a Career!"

I think CA might want to be the new MM, since MM has 167k subscribers vs. CA's 26k. No wonder she's advertising!

I'm also surprised CA isn't as big if not bigger than MM, given her videos cover a wider variety... I guess there's not as much interest in conservative YT. MM was smart to keep her controversy level low! I guess snark watchers like me don't bring in that many views.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, AmericanRose said:

Well, let's see. They both have ridiculous phrases-
MM: "Feminine family" (I guess it's inclusive, though she makes it clear in videos that men are NOT to be feminine)
CA: "Let's Be Classic" (did you really trademark that, Abby?)

They both began posting videos at roughly the same time-
MM: Feb 15 2019
CA: Feb 4 2019

Video highlights
MM: "How to Be Feminine in a Feminist World", In Defense of Homemakers", "The Modern "Goddess" Mentality", "How to Spot a Masculine Man", "Shamed for Our Lifestyles and Beliefs", "Men are NOT Trash", "How I Handle Criticism for Being Traditional"
CA: Interesting. She started out mainly doing cosmetics videos, and around March 2020 she began posting such gems as: "What an Actual Woman Thinks of Taylor Swift's 'The Man'" (is TS not an actual woman?), "Conservative Women, It's Our Time" (woo, time to take America back to 1850!), Why I Came out as Conservative" (came out? there's only 2 viable political parties in the US, and that's one of them - stop trying to sound ~*so brave and counterculture*~), "Why We Should NOT Just #BelieveAllWomen", "The REAL Body Positivity | Adele looks fantastic - healthy is beautiful!", "My Birth Control Story | Why I'll Never Take the Pill Again..." (I think most women have birth control stories...), "How to Avoid PEER PRESSURE About Being Conservative", "Ladies, SUCCESS is More Than Just a Career!"

I think CA might want to be the new MM, since MM has 167k subscribers vs. CA's 26k. No wonder she's advertising!

I'm also surprised CA isn't as big if not bigger than MM, given her videos cover a wider variety... I guess there's not as much interest in conservative YT. MM was smart to keep her controversy level low! I guess snark watchers like me don't bring in that many views.

She’s Ben Shapiros sister as well. You’d think she’d have a bigger built in audience, but I guess not ???

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

MM is friends with Abby and helped her with her channel. She posted about it on Instagram a few months ago. I think MM buys subscribers. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

14 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I often times get recommended videos in my YouTube feed for reasons unknown .  Sometimes I think that it might be YouTube's algorithm trying to counterbalance my usual intake of left-leaning secular humanist content , in order to avoid criticism for enabling echo chambers  ; and the rest I suspect is due to YouTube being on the take sell outs , whom will prostitute themselves out for enough money .  P.S. If Classically Abby is Ben Shapiro's sister , I think they really look alike .   I can sort of see how some conspiracy theorists have come to possit that Ben Shapiro is really a closeted transman .  Just kidding ... , or am I ?  

Spoiler

Edited by Marmion
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Haha 1

@marmion, who are your go-tos for secular humanism? I’m looking for new channels. 

• Upvote 2

On 7/12/2020 at 7:43 AM, Pecansforeveryone said:

Is someone holding her at gunpoint in that thumbnail?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Giraffe said:

@marmion, who are your go-tos for secular humanism? I’m looking for new channels. 

Good question , I have so many , that I check out from time to time .  I suppose it also depends if you want more so atheist social commentary , in which case I would recommend , among others , Jaclyn Glenn  https://m.youtube.com/user/JaclynGlenn , Rachel Oates   https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCC6ue7UYt1yeS621xmTMKrQ , and Jimmy Snow https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCgeV3tFiU2Xg0PD1dAQbBHA .  For more so political secular left content , not counting the outrightly Marxist channels I follow , such as The Finnish Bolshevik  https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCCvdjsJtifsZoShjcAAHZpA , and  Mexie  https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCepkun0sH16b-mqxBN22ogA , I would recommend Secular Talk , with Kyle Kulinski https://m.youtube.com/user/SecularTalk , and  The Humanist Report , with Mike Figueredo  https://m.youtube.com/user/MikeAnthonyTV  .  And lastly there's The Cult of Dusty https://m.youtube.com/user/CultOfDusty  , which  sort  of fits into both categories . These are just some of the channels I am either subscribed to , or at least follow to some extent .  

55 minutes ago, cartouche said:

If anyone likes femininity content but not the religious indoctrination or internalized misogyny, I highly recommend the Feminine Fancy. Her advice actually makes sense for young women who *aren't* just looking to trad LARP ?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbdZ9yoPgBE

I love Felicia!!! I discovered her during quarantine and she feels like the wise older sister I always wished I had. 

• Love 1

5 hours ago, cartouche said:

If anyone likes femininity content but not the religious indoctrination or internalized misogyny, I highly recommend the Feminine Fancy. Her advice actually makes sense for young women who *aren't* just looking to trad LARP ?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbdZ9yoPgBE

Aww this channel looks sweet! I subscribed and will check out some videos. 

I also like Karine Alourde (she gets slightly judgy/slut-shamey sometimes but I like her overall vibe) and I love Alexandra's Girly Talk, she gives such down-to-earth advice! I grew up as the lone girly-girl in a very masculine family, so these YouTube beauty/femininity gurus are like having a helpful older sister.

As for Mrs. Midwest, no thank you ma'am. The more I learn about her, the more she creeps me out. Her sympathy for extremist ideologies, and constant bashing of women who live different lifestyles than hers, are the opposite of femininity, elegance or grace to me. It looks like she's hijacking a subculture that is primarily about women supporting each other to slip in some very dark ideas. I find her "femininity advice" basic and redundant and I'm not interested in learning how to attract douchebags like Roosh, Yogi Abs or her surly husband, so she just doesn't have anything to offer me. 

• Upvote 5

On 7/12/2020 at 7:43 AM, Pecansforeveryone said:

This is Ben Shapiro’s sister.

:5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:

• Thank You 1

CA now has 33.1k subscribers - I guess her advertising is paying off! Jimmy Snow recently did a video about her.

Somehow, despite her silence, MM is now at 168k subscribers.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

@Giraffe, I know you didn't ask me but I have a friendly suggestion. I enjoy Shannon Q's channel. She is a great mental health advocate. 

• Thank You 1

30 minutes ago, Hane said:

@JermajestyDuggar, I just saw her on a Jimmy Snow video. Her voice is like an ice pick through my temples.

She looks like Ben in a wig. They look so much alike. I also find her incredibly annoying. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

CA now has 33.1k subscribers - I guess her advertising is paying off! Jimmy Snow recently did a video about her.

Somehow, despite her silence, MM is now at 168k subscribers.

I just now watched Jimmy Snow's video on her .  

Spoiler

Going by what he has said about her , she seems to have preconceived notions about what progressives are like as people , and in turn is concerned about what prejudices others may have about her being a conservative .  I can only hope that her channel will lead to her getting out of her echo chamber , and being challenged in her biases , even as she sets out to influence others .  

• Upvote 1

On 7/13/2020 at 7:40 PM, Marmion said:

Also I just thought of this one other vlogger , soon after I posted this .  https://m.youtube.com/user/godlessmom  She doesn't seem to be as active in posting new content though . 

I remember her from her patheos blog. She gets very upset when people, especially moms, fail to access medical care that can save a child's life. I wonder how she is doing these days.

1 hour ago, Marmion said:

I just now watched Jimmy Snow's video on her .  

Reveal hidden contents

Going by what he has said about her , she seems to have preconceived notions about what progressives are like as people , and in turn is concerned about what prejudices others may have about her being a conservative .  I can only hope that her channel will lead to her getting out of her echo chamber , and being challenged in her biases , even as she sets out to influence others .  

That echo chamber becomes deafeningly silent when life hits ya hard, knocking ya off that pollyanna pie in the sky, rad-trad feminine pillar of falsehood. By that point, it's often too late for many of those different feminist types to recover from what had truly been a prison cell in patriarchy's dungeon. One finds herself with umpteen children, no job prospects, and a soon to be ex husband who hatefully tells her that she hasn't worked at all in their 20 plus years of marriage. Some of those red pill men are also well-established men pushing for strict alimony reforms that deny support for middle-aged or elderly ex-wives who were their traditional homemakers for 20, 25, or 30 + years. I sure hope these 20 something married "femine" influencers wake-up to reality and quit pushing their gullibility on others.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

Rachel Oates has done a video on CA as well.

I have to say... watching CA speak for an extended period of time, I've never before seen someone manage to look so smug.

She's up to 34.7k subscribers now.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic