IGNORED

Mrs. Midwest 3: Feminine Racism

AmericanRose

8 minutes ago, Walking Cat Bed said:

Even "calm" breeds are horrible if they're not trained. Like Bernese Mountain Dogs or Great Pyrenees -- wonderful if they are trained and terrifying if they're not. Likewise dogs without something to do. 

Which is why my current dog breed preference is a cat. (The greyhounds might happen in a few years.)

I admit that I get annoyed by untrained small dogs. But they don’t bother me as much as big dogs because when they jump up they don’t knock me over! And they aren’t tall enough to shove their nose in my crotch so hard it feels violating. And they can’t reach the counter and steal my food. But they are still annoying. 

• Upvote 3

does anyone remember in that one video (wish i could remember) where she said they would try for a child at 25 now she just turned 25 ? 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, kaluce said:

Ahhh so that’s why she’s been dressing like an 8 year old in the 90s- she’s deathly afraid of The Wall. 

Agreed, and @kaluce I know you were being sarcastic when you mentioned it, but I feel compelled to add a little sidenote - that wall thing is definitely made up by incel losers, and some insecure women (like Mrs Midwest) are duped into believing it. 

The male population is half the world, there will always be a man available who will want to take you out on a date.  I know older women in my "real life" who get plenty of play.  My aunt was in her late 60s/early 70s and she got married for a second time to a great guy, a widower, after they had about a year long whirlwind romance.  Don't believe that incel wall propaganda ladies.  In fact, I bet most people who read this, know at least one older woman in their "real life" who goes out on dates, is romantically partnered, or who got married late in life whether for the first or second time.

Incels/red pillers/whatever you want to call them, just made up that phrase to pressure women into dating men/boys who treat them like crap, because they think that these women will be more willing to be with them, if the women are afraid they won't find anyone better, because they are at or reaching a certain age.

Edited by The Mother Dust
Sidenote not so little now, haha.
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 5

25 minutes ago, The Mother Dust said:

Agreed, and @kaluce I know you were being sarcastic when you mentioned it, but I feel compelled to add a little sidenote - that wall thing is definitely made up by incel losers, and some insecure women (like Mrs Midwest) are duped into believing it. 

The male population is half the world, there will always be a man available who will want to take you out on a date.  I know older women in my "real life" who get plenty of play.  My aunt was in her late 60s/early 70s and she got married for a second time to a great guy, a widower, after they had about a year long whirlwind romance.  Don't believe that incel wall propaganda ladies.  In fact, I bet most people who read this, know at least one older woman in their "real life" who goes out on dates, is romantically partnered, or who got married late in life whether for the first or second time.

Incels/red pillers/whatever you want to call them, just made up that phrase to pressure women into dating men/boys who treat them like crap, because they think that these women will be more willing to be with them, if the women are afraid they won't find anyone better, because they are at or reaching a certain age.

My grandma. She was divorced back in 1970 from my grandpa. After that she remarried and was widowed TWICE. And she currently has a boyfriend at age 86. They’ve been together for about 7 years and no plans on marriage. She says she’s too old. But I will admit my grandma is a catch. She’s cute, fun to be around, and still likes to dance. So she’s never had a problem finding a date. 

• Love 16

47 minutes ago, The Mother Dust said:

Don't believe that incel wall propaganda ladies.

This is the second time I’ve seen the wall reference-what does it mean? I’m assuming it has to do with being too old to find a partner?

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My grandma. She was divorced back in 1970 from my grandpa. After that she remarried and was widowed TWICE. And she currently has a boyfriend at age 86. They’ve been together for about 7 years and no plans on marriage. She says she’s too old. But I will admit my grandma is a catch. She’s cute, fun to be around, and still likes to dance. So she’s never had a problem finding a date. 

Love it. My grandma had a boyfriend in the assisted living place where she lived for the last ten years of her life. She died at the age of 100, he at the age of 106. Take that, red pill incels! 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 8

20 minutes ago, Pleiades_06 said:

This is the second time I’ve seen the wall reference-what does it mean? I’m assuming it has to do with being too old to find a partner?

Yes.  I only know it because I make a point to keep track of what people who vote against my interests are doing.  "Know thine enemy," and all that.  This branch of misogyny claims that women are no longer desirable as partners when they reach a certain age.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

I could see a 20-year-old me being scared of the "Wall"... glad I didn't know about such stuff back then!

So! Caitlin kind of posted two blogs. I'm going to review them, because it's either that or sweep the floor.

The first one is totally cheating - she's recycling a blog post from November about 'Submitting to Christ'.

Spoiler

This sounds simple enough: we are presented with a rule book and we are to follow it, meditate on it, and discuss it with others in community. The guidance, information, and all we need to know is right there in the word of God; complete and whole, with not a word missing.

I don't know... from what I remember, the Bible had a lot of holes in it, as well as contradictions!

It's not a secret that many aspects of Christian living are not instinctual. The commands to love our enemies, bless those who persecute us, and forgive an infinite amount of times are some of the most difficult commands in Scripture, and certainly not the first choice for your average human. 

But the fact that these practices, so core to our faith, are difficult, infers that we are meant to live out the Christian life not by our own strength, but by the strength and guidance of Christ. Because if I did not have Jesus, I would not be able to forgive those who have hurt me or bless those who persecute me. I would not be able to live without fear, and I would not be able to submit to my husband in respect. 

Without Christ, my moral life would be dead on arrival.

THERE IS JUST SO MUCH I WANT TO SAY.
1. I'm starting to think feeling persecuted is a Christian command. You live in the US. In Michigan. You are not persecuted.
2. I'm not a Christian, so I don't bless people, but I forgive a lot (because that's just what I do - I don't have it in me to hold grudges) and weirdly enough, I don't feel persecuted though God is smacking me in the face wherever I look. Even when I look into my wallet!
3. My grandparents occasionally took me to church as a kid, but I think I learned more about human kindness from basic Kindergarten lessons. Why do Christians think they have the market on morals?
4. Thank you, Caitlin, for letting us know that without Jesus, you would have no problem being a terrible person! Well, you still have your racist beliefs even with Jesus... so yeah, I'm finding your morals pretty suspect as is.

in taking up his teachings to care for the poor and bless those who persecute us.

You're still not persecuted. Christians want to be persecuted so bad... it's weird. Also, I don't watch her 'day in the life' vlogs, so can anyone who has tell me if she's ever donated clothing/supplies/money to any organization? There's no mention of her 'favourite charities' that I can find, though you can 'shop her life'.

Up next is her 20 Comfort Food Recipes, which could just stand on its own but nope:
"I know that these aren't trendy, hot takes, or supremely healthy, but hey... that's Midwestern food for you!"
I'm pretty sure most of what people cook at home, no matter where they are, aren't trendy or 'hot takes'. Wanting to be counter-cultural doesn't make you counter-cultural, especially if you're doing what the people around you are doing. Make some RL friends!

Spoiler

5. Homemade butter
How is butter a comfort food....? I mean, putting it in things, sure, but are you just like, whipping it up and eating it straight out of the bowl?
10. Vegetable Fried Rice
12. Naan
15. Orange chicken

Ummm none of these things are Midwestern. At least, I only had veggie fried rice and orange chicken at the Chinese restaurant, and I didn't even hear about naan until I was 26.

I would also say cookies, muffins and cakes are pretty universal, and not some special Midwestern thing.

Edited by AmericanRose
  • Upvote 4

On 4/17/2020 at 4:38 PM, The Mother Dust said:

:wow:  I did not know that.  I looked at the wiki you linked, and I was gonna say, no way they are friendly.  Do you happen to know if they are first cousins?  The wiki didn't specify.  

Here is some genealogical information about her , and how she's related to them .  https://ethnicelebs.com/mara-wilson  

• Thank You 1

On 4/17/2020 at 9:07 AM, Pecansforeveryone said:

Yes, I am not endorsing pro-Zionism as being pro-Jewish. I didn't explain that well. I meant the Chriatian evangelicals I know dont tend to anti-Semitic in the same way that Stefan Moleneux and Richard Spencer are. 

Even the likes of Richard Spencer are able to express support for Zionism , and the idea of Israel as a Jewish state . It's just that they at the same time have the ulterior motive of advocating for their own white ethnostate , which they refer to as " white Zionism " .   https://forward.com/news/356336/alt-right-leader-ties-white-supremacy-to-zionism-leaves-rabbi-speechless/    

Spoiler

Spoiler

I feel , and fear , that the revisionist Zionist right  could find itself standing shoulder to shoulder in a misbegotten alliance with the alt-right . 

• Upvote 2

On 4/17/2020 at 6:55 PM, snarky_snark said:

She doesn't even try to hide the fact that she reads here ?‍♀️

lmaoreally.JPG

I don’t get this post. He is a Michigan state police officer, right? So his doesn’t make sense “these past weeks in quarantine...” wouldn’t he still be going to work? All the police, fire, and health care professionals are all still going to work, like normal (or some more hours than normal). So how has their time away/together changed? He can’t go to the bar? (Golf, gardening and fishing aren’t happening right now, Michigan had snow this past week...)

• I Agree 2

16 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I don’t get this post. He is a Michigan state police officer, right? So his doesn’t make sense “these past weeks in quarantine...” wouldn’t he still be going to work? All the police, fire, and health care professionals are all still going to work, like normal (or some more hours than normal). So how has their time away/together changed? He can’t go to the bar? (Golf, gardening and fishing aren’t happening right now, Michigan had snow this past week...)

As someone who works from home a lot (thanks IT!) and who's spouse is also considered an essential worker, yeah this doesn't make a lot of sense. I'm staying at home, but he's still going to work like normal. Nothing has changed too too much- unless you count the not going out to eat when we have a day together and drinking at the neighborhood bar. I'm assuming here, but I think the big differences for them are they're not going out all the time for brunch (like her stories were showing before the lockdown) and she's not able to thrift recklessly. She actually has to be a HOUSEwife now and stay at home instead of meandering around. 

"A new normal"- um... what? Isn't staying at home supposed to be your normal normal? 

Also I can't image dead-in-the-eyes HusBland would bring anyone joy. Barfffffff.

Edited by kaluce
  • Upvote 4

22 hours ago, mymelody said:

does anyone remember in that one video (wish i could remember) where she said they would try for a child at 25 now she just turned 25 ? 

In a recent q and a she said that if it was up to her she would be holding a baby right now. The implication seemed to be that they were trying (or at least not preventing). No clue why my brain decided that was important information to retain...

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

You would think that she would be thriving during these weeks; much more people are basically forced to be a stay-at-home-mome/housewife now; so much opportunity for her to come up with new content. But somehow it does not come across as if she is thriving.

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

You would think that she would be thriving during these weeks; much more people are basically forced to be a stay-at-home-mome/housewife now; so much opportunity for her to come up with new content. But somehow it does not come across as if she is thriving.

Probably because she doesn’t get to go thrift shopping and window shopping. She seems to love doing that. 

• Upvote 2

I would think she could window shop... unless they've boarded up storefronts like they have here?

This would be a great time for her to cash in on everyone stuck at home, though! But unfortunately, I think the real problem is that she just doesn't have much to say. No new insights to offer. No desire to reach out to a fellow SAHW for a collab.

Re: kids, perhaps Husband has realised how expensive they are, and how dramatically their life would change (I'm sure Caitlin would do 99% of the care-taking, but that would mean she's not available for his every whim).

ETA: Caitlin should have replaced the fancy non-Midwestern foods on her comfort food list with ghoulash, tuna noodle casserole, and sloppy joes. That's more believable than orange chicken... and Midwesterners love their casseroles!

Edited by AmericanRose
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

18 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

I could see a 20-year-old me being scared of the "Wall"... glad I didn't know about such stuff back then!

So! Caitlin kind of posted two blogs. I'm going to review them, because it's either that or sweep the floor.

The first one is totally cheating - she's recycling a blog post from November about 'Submitting to Christ'.

Reveal hidden contents

I don't know... from what I remember, the Bible had a lot of holes in it, as well as contradictions!

THERE IS JUST SO MUCH I WANT TO SAY.
1. I'm starting to think feeling persecuted is a Christian command. You live in the US. In Michigan. You are not persecuted.
2. I'm not a Christian, so I don't bless people, but I forgive a lot (because that's just what I do - I don't have it in me to hold grudges) and weirdly enough, I don't feel persecuted though God is smacking me in the face wherever I look. Even when I look into my wallet!
3. My grandparents occasionally took me to church as a kid, but I think I learned more about human kindness from basic Kindergarten lessons. Why do Christians think they have the market on morals?
4. Thank you, Caitlin, for letting us know that without Jesus, you would have no problem being a terrible person! Well, you still have your racist beliefs even with Jesus... so yeah, I'm finding your morals pretty suspect as is.

You're still not persecuted. Christians want to be persecuted so bad... it's weird. Also, I don't watch her 'day in the life' vlogs, so can anyone who has tell me if she's ever donated clothing/supplies/money to any organization? There's no mention of her 'favourite charities' that I can find, though you can 'shop her life'.

Up next is her 20 Comfort Food Recipes, which could just stand on its own but nope:
"I know that these aren't trendy, hot takes, or supremely healthy, but hey... that's Midwestern food for you!"
I'm pretty sure most of what people cook at home, no matter where they are, aren't trendy or 'hot takes'. Wanting to be counter-cultural doesn't make you counter-cultural, especially if you're doing what the people around you are doing. Make some RL friends!

Hide contents

5. Homemade butter
How is butter a comfort food....? I mean, putting it in things, sure, but are you just like, whipping it up and eating it straight out of the bowl?
10. Vegetable Fried Rice
12. Naan
15. Orange chicken

Ummm none of these things are Midwestern. At least, I only had veggie fried rice and orange chicken at the Chinese restaurant, and I didn't even hear about naan until I was 26.

I would also say cookies, muffins and cakes are pretty universal, and not some special Midwestern thing.

Yeah, naan is an Indian bread. Which, unless she has a tandoori oven, it's not authentic. I love naan, but c'mon now. I don't think anything on her list could really be considered midwestern food. General American maybe. Some not even that. 

• Upvote 1

Slightly related tangent: 

The title of this thread keeps making me think of “Mrs. America.” Have any of you watched it yet? I’m really enjoying it. I didn’t want the show to demonize Phyllis Schlafly nor make her seem not so bad. I feel like they’ve done a decent balance so far. Although they might be a tad nicer to her in their portrayal than I would have! But I have always had an extremely strong dislike for that woman. She is basically the grandmother of TAM, Lori Alexander, and other women who shove their ideas of who women should be in America while not following those rules themselves. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, AmericanRose said:

But unfortunately, I think the real problem is that she just doesn't have much to say. No new insights to offer. No desire to reach out to a fellow SAHW for a collab.

Yeah I think she's just out of ideas. I wonder why she hasn't done a collab with anyone in her youtube sphere. She's hung out with that Nikki girl, but there's a ton of "femininity" youtubers she's not done anything with. I wonder how she's viewed by them. I hate to say it, and I don't really like her, but Cynthia L has much more content and seems to actually live what she's preaching. I think Cait maybe was infatuated with the SAHW life but maybe that shine is fading?

On 4/18/2020 at 3:25 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I admit that I get annoyed by untrained small dogs. But they don’t bother me as much as big dogs because when they jump up they don’t knock me over! And they aren’t tall enough to shove their nose in my crotch so hard it feels violating. And they can’t reach the counter and steal my food. But they are still annoying. 

This is why, when I got my first dog—a Pekingese—I took her to individual and group puppy training. I had no experience with dogs, and my nephew was a toddler. I didn’t want to have “that horrible dog that bit the baby and caused a family war”; I wanted a well-socialized pup I could take anywhere dogs were welcome. I’ve always been annoyed by people who refuse to train and socialize their small dogs, and give toy breeds a bad reputation.

• Upvote 2

Definitely not trying to be negative or bodyshaming in any way (I think she is very pretty and looks great); there is something about her face/eyes/general glow in her latest vlog that makes me think she maybe might be pregnant. Would be wonderful for her if she has been trying for a while. If not, I was not trying to be mean or hurtful.

4 minutes ago, Timetraveler said:

Definitely not trying to be negative or bodyshaming in any way (I think she is very pretty and looks great); there is something about her face/eyes/general glow in her latest vlog that makes me think she maybe might be pregnant. Would be wonderful for her if she has been trying for a while. If not, I was not trying to be mean or hurtful.

she seemed really tense and defensive in her latest video that's what I noticed. Let's see what happens

Also if they have kids I was wondering would they see their grandmother on cait's side (her mom). Always thought this for myself as I have estranged parents (idk where my mom lives, with her new husband, she cut me off and my dad is abusive). I think I would warn my child/ren that there are abusive people in my family but if they want to visit when they are old enough they are free to do so. I don't visit as I am done with the toxicity, I would only see my mom again really.

New video! DON'T WORRY GUYS I'M ON IT. ?

How I Handle Criticism for Being Traditional

Apparently her 'corner' is outlining problems traditional women face. Per Caitlin, traditionalism isn't about bringing us back to the 1950s or extreme political views. It's about maintaining and celebrating traditional structures: marriage, family, religion, and oftentimes, an anti-consumer lifestyle.
* Except... wasn't the 1950s the beginning of the consumer lifestyle?

Spoiler

Many people misunderstand what it means to be traditional and because of that, often offer a lot of criticism. But it's not just 'Internet trolls' that oppose! Often it's family, friends, and mostly assuredly, the media. There's a huge push right now to have women perform masculinity. That's an inherent misunderstanding of who we women are, and femininity. But that's another topic for another video!

There's a lot of reasons someone could be against you being traditional:
Opposing belief system
Hate religion
Hate marriage
Biases propped up by years of media consumption

Here's her advice:
1. You need to be passionate about your traditional lifestyle if you want others to support you in it, and you need to understand the why. She's noticed the more confident she becomes in her beliefs, the less flack she's gotten.
2. The most important: what kind of person you're dealing with. She's put them into categories:
The Curious. They're open-minded and want to learn about you.
Critics. They've already made some assumptions and often want to confront you. Remember you don't have to explain your choices. If it's your parents or someone close, she encourages you to remind them of a woman's god-given and western-given right to choose her life.
Bullies. They want to shame you, or enforce their beliefs on you. They want to take all their assumptions and label you a bad person. She encourages you to set boundaries. They might ask questions like "so what do you DO all day" or "what will you do if your husband dies?" Those are incredibly invasive and inappropriate rude questions. Don't give a reaction.
3. Don't seek your happiness in the approval of others. Traditionalism puts you on the "alternative outs" so you're swimming upstream against society. You shouldn't be looking for applause for your lifestyle.
4. Don't be too pushy with your beliefs. Don't try to convince every person that traditionalism is the lifestyle everyone should have.
5. Learn to find joy. The more joy you can find in your beliefs, the more it will feel worth it to you.

You'll never know why someone wants to upset you. They might be sensitive because their home-making grandmother or aunt got her life ruined by a bad husband and empty bank account. Or they're really progressive and feel they're open to diversity but that open-ness often only extends to diverse ethnicities and not diverse ideologies or lifestyles. Or people don't realise they're being insensitive.
And this might be cliche, but sometimes people just might be jealous of you.
If Caitlin was still working her 9-5, she would be jealous too. Remember you might be living your critics dream life.

I still don't understand her push that the media is pushing women to 'perform' masculinity. What is that? Going to a job? Working out? Happy hour? I'm confused!
I also think if Caitlin is going to encourage women to be stay-at-home's, she should also be advising them about to be smart and protect themselves in case of divorce or death. Pretending everything will just magically work out isn't helpful to anyone.
And finally, I still know SAHW's and SAHM's, and they don't feel the need to justify their choices or post about them on the Internet - rural or urban.

I think she's reading here.

So! Caitlin: I don't care if you stay at home or not. I don't care how much you shop. I do care about your misogyny and racism.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic