IGNORED

Does anyone remember this fundie?

meep

So back in the day - we are talking approx. 10 years ago - on blogspot, I was a regular reader of a blog and I can't remember the name of either the blog or blogger, hoping someone can enlighten me and if we know where they are today? 

She was either in her late teens or early twenties, black (I think African-American) and I *believe* she lived with her parents and a younger brother??? They lived on some land and kind of old-fashioned...I remember she would post pictures of an old lantern she'd use. The sidebar on her blog had tons of old photos of African-Americans from the Victorian era. IIRC, a lot of her blog was about her wishing she could live back in the "good old days." I think she had to be fundie because in those days, those were the only blogs I'd allow myself to follow so I wouldn't be corrupted. 

Does anyone remember who I am talking about? 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, meep said:

So back in the day - we are talking approx. 10 years ago - on blogspot, I was a regular reader of a blog and I can't remember the name of either the blog or blogger, hoping someone can enlighten me and if we know where they are today? 

She was either in her late teens or early twenties, black (I think African-American) and I *believe* she lived with her parents and a younger brother??? They lived on some land and kind of old-fashioned...I remember she would post pictures of an old lantern she'd use. The sidebar on her blog had tons of old photos of African-Americans from the Victorian era. IIRC, a lot of her blog was about her wishing she could live back in the "good old days." I think she had to be fundie because in those days, those were the only blogs I'd allow myself to follow so I wouldn't be corrupted. 

Does anyone remember who I am talking about? 

I know Jasmine Baucham is black and only has one younger brother.

18 minutes ago, meep said:

She was either in her late teens or early twenties, black (I think African-American) and I *believe* she lived with her parents and a younger brother??? They lived on some land and kind of old-fashioned.

Yes, I think you're referring to a blog called Aspiring Homemaker and the blogger was named Mia. It was a very strange blog, even for a SAHD fundie maiden. According to what's left in the RSS feed, she posted a farewell in Nov 2014 and then came back in Jan 2015 to say she was starting up a new blog. Don't know if that ever happened.

She & her family (at least those family members depicted in blog photos) often wore various kinds of period dress. For the most part, the only activities she ever depicted were cooking, sewing, gardening, and other kinds of housework. Once in a while, she'd go to a historic site. Towards the end of the time she was actively blogging, she wrote about going to cosplay/re-enactment events.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 5

@hoipolloi Yes, that's the blog!!! Mia at Aspiring Homemaker. Thank you! Just one of those days I'm remembering random stuff and her blog popped into my mind. I hope she is doing okay. I worry occasionally about the people I used to interact with, even if some of it was over the internet. 

@dripcurl Our families seem to have "run" in some of the same circles. I guess that is natural since the fundie world is small!

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

@meep - as I said, that was a very strange blog. I always had the feeling that she presented a narrow if not misleading view of her life & family.

Mia made it sound as though they were fugitives from 1870 or something, living off the land in their period clothes in a completely self-sufficient & isolated manner. Once in a while, there was a crack in the façade where she'd mention driving some place or going to a re-enactment for the weekend, activities clearly not in keeping with the old-time meme she pushed.

I will say that the photography was lovely, especially the interior shots of the kitchen.

I'd like to know what they're all doing now and if anything has changed for them.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

I loved that blog. The photography was beautiful. 

Mia got married a couple of years ago. If I remember correctly, she got married in Spain. She made a stunning bride. 

I don't think she is a fundy now, and I think she was living in Europe. 

I would love to see her blog now, and find out what her life is like. 

• Upvote 6

This FJ thread from some years ago has some links to Mia's social media & YouTube accounts. They appear to be active still.

• Thank You 2

This could be a game -- guess that fundie. Someone would give a few facts about a fundie and the first person who guesses correctly wins!

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4

I remember there was a gal mentioned on here who was obsessed with the Victorian era. She claimed to wear only Victorian era clothing and lived in a Victorian era house. I may be stretching it here. I don't believe she was fundie just... interesting. 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I remember there was a gal mentioned on here who was obsessed with the Victorian era. She claimed to wear only Victorian era clothing and lived in a Victorian era house. I may be stretching it here. I don't believe she was fundie just... interesting. 

I think it was a bit of drift in relation to Natty Darnell, but someone mentioned a blog called This Victorian Life.  The couple lives in either Washington or Oregon and might be who you’re thinking of.  The blog is interesting, but what I’ve read so far isn’t very detailed.  She did a day-in-the-life post, but aside from gathering kindling and basic household chores, it was actually a little dull.  I would have liked to know how they do laundry, cook a full meal, and do home maintenance and such.  and I agree; they don’t seem fundie, just living in an alternate manner.

• Upvote 2

I'm so glad to hear Mia is doing well!!! Especially that she stopped being a SAHD. Isn't it interesting how many of us young women left that life? And we were so sure it was the "right and only way." But I guess that's the attitude you develop when adults put such things in your head. 

• Upvote 9

On 4/14/2020 at 7:37 PM, Perrierwithlemon said:

This could be a game -- guess that fundie. Someone would give a few facts about a fundie and the first person who guesses correctly wins!

Okay, I'll bite. What happened to the SAHD who moved in with her aunt and uncle to take care of them. Either she was teaching a local man piano, or he was the local piano teacher who came to the house to teach her. One of their first dates was a trip to a baseball game (they attended alone without a chaperone, I believe).  She may have had long, red curls. He appeared to be a bit older than her. 

• Upvote 2

On 4/15/2020 at 8:34 PM, moreorlessnu said:

Okay, I'll bite. What happened to the SAHD who moved in with her aunt and uncle to take care of them. Either she was teaching a local man piano, or he was the local piano teacher who came to the house to teach her. One of their first dates was a trip to a baseball game (they attended alone without a chaperone, I believe).  She may have had long, red curls. He appeared to be a bit older than her. 

I think this was Hannah Richards and Bruce Brady, mentioned on the Seppi Blog:

http://melodys-notes.blogspot.com/2012/06/newly-weds-bruce-brady-hannah-richards.html

They were discussed here:

Edited to add: Looks like they have a baby registry with a due date of January 10 this year:

https://registry.thebump.com/hannah-bruce-brady-january-2020-va/16437531

Edited by SusanAtTheLastBattle
New info
  • Upvote 2

On 4/17/2020 at 4:42 PM, SusanAtTheLastBattle said:

I think this was Hannah Richards and Bruce Brady, mentioned on the Seppi Blog:

Looks like they have a baby registry with a due date of January 10 this year:

https://registry.thebump.com/hannah-bruce-brady-january-2020-va/16437531

You are right; thank you! I hope they had a healthy and happy baby.

• Upvote 2