IGNORED

Maxwell 37: The Moody Family Buys Matching Vests to Wear to Jesse's Wedding

Coconut Flan

The saddest thing about all Maxwells insisting on Anna Craig being called something new other than Anna or Anna Patrice is that it is going to happen. I hope that the Maxwell's call her Anna Patrice as it is her name and they don't try to change it for her. However, like everyone here I don't think Steve and Teri like the name Patrice, so they will convince Jesse to have her change her name.

• Upvote 9
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

The saddest thing about all Maxwells insisting on Anna Craig being called something new other than Anna or Anna Patrice is that it is going to happen. I hope that the Maxwell's call her Anna Patrice as it is her name and they don't try to change it for her. However, like everyone here I don't think Steve and Teri like the name Patrice, so they will convince Jesse to have her change her name.

Why do you think that?  The only history that have with this is using the middle name for Chris' wife.  Did they say they don't like her middle name?  And even if they don't, I don't like I lot of people's names but I don't go around changing them.

I know I'm not a Maxwell - just wondering what you're basing this on?

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 10

48 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Addie Anna might be cute.  Just kidding.

I'm glad you're kidding because one of my granddaughters is named one of those names and it ain't Anna!

Also Addie Annie is too close to Ado Annie who is the "girl who cain't say no" in Oklahoma!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

As a fan of nicknames props to whoever came up with Additional Anna.  I wonder if the wedding is in Leavenworth so Coward Steve can officiate and call the shots.  They could use Aunties Park as a wedding venue it looks big enough for both immediate families.  Random Life post up.

I'll be honest, I don't understand the need for nicknames, the place I know outside of Maxhell where people are consistently addressed by disparaging nicknames is when Trump speaks.  

We could just refer to her as Anna and differentiate if context requires it.  

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Why do you think that?  The only history that have with this is using the middle name for ofChris.  Did they say they don't like her middle name?  And even if they don't, I don't like I lot of people's names but I don't go around changing them.

I know I'm not a Maxwell - just wondering what you're basing this on?

For some reason I just feel that way. The name Patrice, which is a beautiful name, doesn't come off as an acceptable Maxwellian name by Steve and Teri's standards. Like I said I hope that they are happy with the name Patrice, but the two of them come off as unaccepting of any name outside of their approval. Like I said, it's just how I view Steve and Teri's take on the name Patrice. Just speculation. I hope that helps. 

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • Thank You 1

45 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

I disagree. Imo they’ll call her Anna Patrice. Renaming her Anna ____(not Patrice)____ would be an especially dickish move, even for Steve. 

eta: I say this assuming the reason they call Anna “Anna Marie” is because her middle name is Marie. If it’s not Marie, then I take back my comment about it being too extreme even for Steve. ?

Edited by Giraffe
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

33 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I'll be honest, I don't understand the need for nicknames, the place I know outside of Maxhell where people are consistently addressed by disparaging nicknames is when Trump speaks.  

You would hate my extended family. The nicknames are numerous and often tied to an embarrassing story. My husband still doesn’t know all the nicknames of my cousins. Because some have more than one!

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

You would hate my extended family. The nicknames are numerous and often tied to an embarrassing story. My husband still doesn’t know all the nicknames of my cousins. Because some have more than one!

I don’t hate people who use them - I just don’t understand the importance of them for the Maxwell’s.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

I'm glad you're kidding because one of my granddaughters is named one of those names and it ain't Anna!

Also Addie Annie is too close to Ado Annie who is the "girl who cain't say no" in Oklahoma!

No offense to your granddaughter.  I like the name Addie and I also like the name Anna.  I was playing with the idea of shortening Additional Anna that someone above mentioned.  Really, though, no one has the right to change any one else's name.  It's the most personal thing we're given by our parents.  Those Maxwells do everything wrong.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I gave all the adult Maxwells nicknames as a fuck you to them.  When Amish Anna and Prissy Chris got married Poor Sarah changed it to Anna Marie, Anna's younger sister made a few appearances on the blog her name happened to be Sarah do what happened?  Her name was changed to Gracie cuz her middle name is Grace.  I found that arrogant, appalling, and revolting.  So I changed the Maxwell names to something that described them.

34 minutes ago, Caroline said:

No offense to your granddaughter.  I like the name Addie and I also like the name Anna.  I was playing with the idea of shortening Additional Anna that someone above mentioned.  Really, though, no one has the right to change any one else's name.  It's the most personal thing we're given by our parents.  Those Maxwells do everything wrong.

Which is why I gave them nicknames.

• Upvote 3
  • Move Along 2
  • Downvote 2

The only problem I could see the Maxxes have with the name Patrice is that sometimes it's used as a male name although that's mostly in France and French speaking countries.  In England and America, Patrice is more commonly given to girls, e.g., opera star Patrice Munsel and Patrice Wymore, actress and wife of Errol Flynn.  Patrice Wymore kept her beauty into her old age.

• Upvote 3

Do we know for sure that the Maxwells call Anna Marie that to her face? I always kind of got the impression that they did it to not confuse blog readers. I think that the Maxwells show us what they want to show us and frame it a certain way. I don't think what we see is really what we get from them. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, Giraffe said:

I disagree. Imo they’ll call her Anna Patrice. Renaming her Anna ____(not Patrice)____ would be an especially dickish move, even for Steve. 

eta: I say this assuming the reason they call Anna “Anna Marie” is because her middle name is Marie. If it’s not Marie, then I take back my comment about it being too extreme even for Steve. ?

Very true!

On a major side note from the upcoming Jesse Maxwell vest wearing nuptials, I am rather surprised the family is taking the CDC guidelines seriously for the COVID-19 pandemic. In the recent blog post the family said the gathering photos were taken before the restrictions. The family may have beliefs that I and, clearly, many don't agree with. But, heck, at least they listen to what the CDC and officials have to say. Unlike families like the Rods, who are completely disregarding them. Honestly, I hope that other fundie families take their advice rather than take the whole leave it up to God and Jesus like the owners of Hobby Lobby. 

• Upvote 8

If Jesse was planning to buy a new home between now and the wedding, or sell his current home, or send his renters packing, he may be SOL in the current climate. In my state home inspectors have been specifically told they are NOT essential and are NOT to be working. I would assume no home inspection means all home buying/selling is also on ice. And I think I've heard that landlords can't evict right now - obviously that's referring to nonpayment, but how heartless would Jesse have to be to dump his tenants when they may not be able to find other lodging. He might legally not be able to. My heart goes out to people planning a wedding or move at this time in history. It's just one of the many casualties of corona.

Basically I think the options are going to be, push off the wedding, or else get married privately in the Church of Steve and live in the bunk beds in Jesse's teenage bedroom.

38 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Very true!

On a major side note from the upcoming Jesse Maxwell vest wearing nuptials, I am rather surprised the family is taking the CDC guidelines seriously for the COVID-19 pandemic. In the recent blog post the family said the gathering photos were taken before the restrictions. The family may have beliefs that I and, clearly, many don't agree with. But, heck, at least they listen to what the CDC and officials have to say. Unlike families like the Rods, who are completely disregarding them. Honestly, I hope that other fundie families take their advice rather than take the whole leave it up to God and Jesus like the owners of Hobby Lobby. 

Well, they said the PICTURES were taken pre-quarantine. That doesn't mean they haven't been together since then - just that none of the featured blog pictures didn't violate the current orders.

I was pleased, yet saddened, to see GiGi participating in the flag ceremony alone in her driveway. Sad because she's clearly alone, but pleased that they seem to be taking the steps to protect her.

And I don't remember seeing anything about church in the age of coronavirus in this most recent post, but Chelsy's blog shows them partaking of the services in her home church via internet. Good for them.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, Bethy said:

And I don't remember seeing anything about church in the age of coronavirus in this most recent post, but Chelsy's blog shows them partaking of the services in her home church via internet. Good for them.

They said when they stopped doing services at the retirement village that they would instead be attending the church they usually go to on Sunday evenings (assuming that means they would have gone to that service in the mornings instead of twice a day - though I wouldn’t put it past them).

And I also assume that that church would no longer be holding physical services so they would be doing them online - but then again, any church that Steve approves his family to attend is likely to be fairly Luddite I would imagine, so maybe wouldn’t have the facilities to live stream.

• Upvote 8
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Bethy said:

If Jesse was planning to buy a new home between now and the wedding, or sell his current home, or send his renters packing, he may be SOL in the current climate. In my state home inspectors have been specifically told they are NOT essential and are NOT to be working. I would assume no home inspection means all home buying/selling is also on ice. And I think I've heard that landlords can't evict right now - obviously that's referring to nonpayment, but how heartless would Jesse have to be to dump his tenants when they may not be able to find other lodging. He might legally not be able to. My heart goes out to people planning a wedding or move at this time in history. It's just one of the many casualties of corona.

Jesse’s current house was listed for sale on February 27, with sale pending on March 11. The asking price was $196,500. I assume that the renters are already gone and depending on how quickly they took care of things, they might have completed the inspections before the quarantine began. Ditto with purchasing a new house, the sale could be pending (although nothing new shows up in the property records yet). 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 9
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Bethy said:

And I think I've heard that landlords can't evict right now - obviously that's referring to nonpayment, but how heartless would Jesse have to be to dump his tenants when they may not be able to find other lodging. He might legally not be able to.

The one thing the Maxwells do well is schedule.  And by well, I mean crazy.

I doubt very much they would know a wedding is coming up and wait until the last minute to end his lease with the renters - May and June are the most common months for leases to begin so it's possible they were notified it wouldn't be renewed.  

In my state if they aren't going to renew your lease they have to notify you 60 (or 90?) days before.  Even month to month leases there needs to be 30 days notice as long as rent isn't delinquent.

• Upvote 9

By the looks of the online pictures of Jesse's house, the tenants are already out. I assumed they moved out then he decided to sell for whatever reason. I just assumed he bought it to flip. Timing isn't ideal, but as awful as the Maxwell's are, I don't think he kicked out the tenants just to sell. Initially they were just redoing the bathrooms, but the pictures show a totally redone house, which is why I think his plan all along was to flip. He bought it two years before marriage, he never had a plan to live there - at least not in the immediate future (at the time).

• Upvote 9

3 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

By the looks of the online pictures of Jesse's house, the tenants are already out. I assumed they moved out then he decided to sell for whatever reason. I just assumed he bought it to flip. Timing isn't ideal, but as awful as the Maxwell's are, I don't think he kicked out the tenants just to sell. Initially they were just redoing the bathrooms, but the pictures show a totally redone house, which is why I think his plan all along was to flip. He bought it two years before marriage, he never had a plan to live there - at least not in the immediate future (at the time).

Again, and I wont keep harping on this, if that's the case I do hope he shares some of the profit with his siblings who helped him remodel.  I know Sarah, Anna, and Mary helped with others as well, but helping someone with a home they are going to live in is different ...that can be considered a favor.  But helping someone with what is actually a business venture and improving their profit...if he doesn't compensate them that's just taking advantage of them.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

11 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

The only problem I could see the Maxxes have with the name Patrice is that sometimes it's used as a male name although that's mostly in France and French speaking countries.  In England and America, Patrice is more commonly given to girls, e.g., opera star Patrice Munsel and Patrice Wymore, actress and wife of Errol Flynn.  Patrice Wymore kept her beauty into her old age.

Yes, I thought it was generally a male name.  My son likes an NHL player with that name.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

On 4/8/2020 at 3:57 PM, Caroline said:

Someone a few pages back made the point that people like Sarah Maxwell (or any Maxwell) don't have the ability to understand that people can be happy in many different ways.  Just because we don't think we would like a certain lifestyle doesn't mean it's not appealing to someone else.  It's a very immature way to look at the world and shows a serious lack of imagination.  Such a waste imo.

There's also an element of "Satan is deluding the heathens so that they *think* they are happy, but no one can *truly* be happy with Jesus" for some believers.

• Upvote 5

51 minutes ago, scoutsadie said:

There's also an element of "Satan is deluding the heathens so that they *think* they are happy, but no one can *truly* be happy with Jesus" for some believers.

I used to believe this one ?‍♀️

• Upvote 3

It makes absolutely no sense that Jesse would be selling his Borg approved house (which brings in rental income currently) when he is getting married in a month unless a.) He has already purchased an approved home even closer to the Mothership or b.) Could he be moving to wherever his bride-to-be is from? I would be shocked if it were option b but it would sure shake up things in Maxhell if true!

ETA, Zillow says the home has a pending offer.

Edited by Queen Of Hearts
New info!
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

8 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

It makes absolutely no sense that Jesse would be selling his Borg approved house (which brings in rental income currently) when he is getting married in a month unless a.) He has already purchased an approved home even closer to the Mothership or b.) Could he be moving to wherever his bride-to-be is from? I would be shocked if it were option b but it would sure shake up things in Maxhell if true!

ETA, Zillow says the home has a pending offer.

I'd be stunned if he moved outside the perimeter of the compound....remember how upset they were when Joseph moved almost a mile away?

Worst case scenario would be then staying at the main house temporarily until they find a place.  Once night under Steve and Teri's roof would be too much for me, but it could be a while before they can find a place given the lockdown.  Hope that's not it.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic