IGNORED

Maxwell 37: The Moody Family Buys Matching Vests to Wear to Jesse's Wedding

Coconut Flan

Jesus broke bread with everyone. Sinners, Jews, gentiles, prostitutes. I’m sure Gigi realizes it’s okay to socialize with people from all walks of life. I would hope if Sarah moved in with Gigi she would learn this. Gigi would be a great influence for her. 
my jewish grandma loved the Gaither vocal band. She also enjoyed going to the church services at the assisted living center. 
my mom who is a conservative Christian has friends from all walks of life. A true Christian doesn’t just spend with time with Christians only. 

• Upvote 14

5 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Hopefully, his sisters seem to help out a lot with newly bought home projects. I remember Sarah, I think, did an entire series on how she and her siblings helped John out when he bought his house right before or around the time he had entered a courtship with Chelsy.

They all pitched in with building the main family house, too. 

• Upvote 3

When's Jesse's birthday?  I'm trying to do the math on how close he and Additional Anna's ages fall to the 'half age plus 7' standard creepiness rule.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

When's Jesse's birthday?  I'm trying to do the math on how close he and Additional Anna's ages fall to the 'half age plus 7' standard creepiness rule.

Jesse is 25. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Isn't Additional Anna 19?  If she is, then she'd fit pretty well into the half plus seven rule.  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

Jesse is 25. 

So if my math skills are still working, he's just barely over the standard creepiness rule.  I think his bride-to-be is close to 20, but not quite?  And can I say, I really like @CyborgKin's Additional Anna nickname!

And regarding GiGi and a nursing home; Teri's dad did not go in one and it sounded like he needed a lot of help towards the end.  The Maxwell sons were going over there helping with bathing, dressing, etc.  So if we go by that, I don't think GiGi would be put in a nursing home.  Possibly move in with one of her daughters, that I could see.

• Upvote 12

7 minutes ago, kpmom said:

So if my math skills are still working, he's just barely over the standard creepiness rule.  I think his bride-to-be is close to 20, but not quite?  And can I say, I really like @CyborgKin's Additional Anna nickname!

And regarding GiGi and a nursing home; Teri's dad did not go in one and it sounded like he needed a lot of help towards the end.  The Maxwell sons were going over there helping with bathing, dressing, etc.  So if we go by that, I don't think GiGi would be put in a nursing home.  Possibly move in with one of her daughters, that I could see.

Sarah will move over there. Anna & Mary are both spoken for as sister mom's to Melanie & Anna. Sarah doesn't seem to do much more than take pictures & post on the blog. She plays at being a writer, but that is not an ongoing thing and she pounds them out in a couple of months then waits another two years to "write" another one. I think she needs a purpose. Taking care of her grandmother would give her something to actually do while waiting for Steve to decide on a suitable headship - and we all know how long that wait has been & will be. 

• Upvote 7

I think additional Anna, probably renamed as Patty or Annapat soon, will be 20 years old in her wedding and Jesse 25 or 26. The age gap is not huge, but it's sad how these young women with no experience are being send to marriage and motherhood with no alternative.

Maxwell sons are really good picking wives, aren't them? All the women are deep fundie, fans of scheduling and willing to homeschool a bunch of kids. I know Elissa is a bit mistery, but as far as we know, follows the same rules.

Apart from wearing jeans or doing minor changes, nothing is going to change in Maxhell.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

In the real world, none of the Maxgals is remotely over the hill. In the fundie world, even Anna and Mary are dangerously past their shelf life. Fundie suitors have their pick of fresh-off-the-vine just-turned-18 gals all covered with dew and extremely impressionable and malleable while brought up with all necessary homemaking and child-rearing skills. From what I’ve seen, this is the ideal situation among them. 
We’ve also seen significant numbers of these young husbands veering away from strict fundiedom and taking their families with them. 
The older a single fundie maiden gets, the fewer options she seems to have.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 3

20 minutes ago, Hane said:

brought up with all necessary homemaking

My only quibble is this...why does it seem that so few of these fundie maidens know how to cook?  Proper, healthy, economical meals are in short supply in the fundie woods.

Bontragers being an exception - horrific as their parenting methods are they do produce what appears to be delicious food.  Most seem to be shooting for palatable at best.

They aren't going to school...cooking and baking is an excellent way to reinforce some basic math skills when young...these people should know how to cook.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 7

Well the Maxwell sons are doing better than the Bates sons with choosing a wife to suit their lifestyle. I think Joe was very careful about choosing a bride the 2nd time, after the Munck girl. He had to know with all the Munck's very colorful bday celebrations, Disney trips, and decorating a tree all year round...that it would NOT work. Maybe he thought he could change Elizabeth. And don't forget about Chris's failed 1st courtship. That poor young woman would have had a nervous breakdown being a Maxwell. Anna Marie is his perfect match. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I also like the "Additional Anna" nickname.

Hope Jesse is looking forward to life in gray. This is the blandest bridal registry I've ever seen: https://registry.theknot.com/anna-craig-jesse-maxwell-may-2020/39074870

And where are the board games? what kind of fundy couple are you if you haven't registered for board games?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

3 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Hope Jesse is looking forward to life in gray. This is the blandest bridal registry I've ever seen: https://registry.theknot.com/anna-craig-jesse-maxwell-may-2020/39074870

And where are the board games? what kind of fundy couple are you if you haven't registered for board games?

I had bad dreams last night about how bland the Maxhell mothership decor is. It’s not cozy, it’s very plain, and it’s not a place that I would see people who are home all damn day living, but they do. With 4 grown ass women at home, it lacks any sign of “home”. I get that their busy working (?) but if I worked from home I would definitely prioritize my surroundings. Ambience and aesthetic are very important to me, I feel more focused and calm if things are somewhat tidy but also if I have some pleasant things to glance at while I work on my laptop or do the dishes. I am working almost half as much I usually do thanks to the virus, and I’ve noticed I prioritize tidiness a bit more since I am home more, but my husband and I always have made sure our home seems somewhat personalized. Maxhell is so sterile and cold looking, just like Steve.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Oh my goodness, you weren't kidding!

She put scrubby pads and handiwipes on her registry?  These are the kinds of things I pick up during my weekly grocery shopping trips.

Also, under their names, along with their wedding date, it says Leavenworth, Kansas.  Does that mean the wedding will be there?

• Upvote 6

I will give Anna props for practicality in the choice of most of her registry items, but it's sad that the most colorful thing was the red jar funnel.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

There's no entertainment allowed in Maxhell.

(I know the Maxwell daughters have played some board games but who knows, maybe Steve doesn't allow that in the couples' households).

• Upvote 4

I’m super practical by nature so I would likely have a boring AF registry. However I would have a little color, lol. The Bontragers love lively games. So maybe John and Chelsy will gift them a lot of party games. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

My only quibble is this...why does it seem that so few of these fundie maidens know how to cook?  Proper, healthy, economical meals are in short supply in the fundie woods.

Bontragers being an exception - horrific as their parenting methods are they do produce what appears to be delicious food.  Most seem to be shooting for palatable at best.

They aren't going to school...cooking and baking is an excellent way to reinforce some basic math skills when young...these people should know how to cook.

These reminds me of the horror of having to pretend to be who you are not in the world of extreme fundamental christianity.  I HATE cooking sooooo much, and have never wanted to learn.  My husband LOVES cooking, finding new recipes and experimenting with food. I LOVE cleaning up his messes.  We are a perfect match in the world of food.  If I had had the misfortune  of being born into a Maxwell type of family I would either be seriously depressed from the pretense  or estranged from my family because I wouldn't value any of the same things.  I have always loved learning about any academic topic and continue to do so even though I am soon looking forward to retirement.  I detest the classic womanly things - shopping, makeup, cooking, etc.   I enjoyed traveling on my own, living alone and choosing my own career and activities.  I never could abide organized religion, and that would probably be the real reason I would be estranged from my family if I were a Max.  It is so wrong to deprive children and other family members of free will and to ignore who they really are.  When control over others takes over you're doing something wrong.  (I'm talking to you, Maxwell elders.)

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Well the Maxwell sons are doing better than the Bates sons with choosing a wife to suit their lifestyle. I think Joe was very careful about choosing a bride the 2nd time, after the Munck girl. He had to know with all the Munck's very colorful bday celebrations, Disney trips, and decorating a tree all year round...that it would NOT work. Maybe he thought he could change Elizabeth. And don't forget about Chris's failed 1st courtship. That poor young woman would have had a nervous breakdown being a Maxwell. Anna Marie is his perfect match. 

Muncks may enjoy eating and have fun, but are heavily fundie. The parents purposely isolated the kids, leaving their church, in order to reinforce "sibling friendship" rather than regular friends. And it was hard for them, according to Elizabeth, who was older enough to remember.

Also 20 year old sisters were sharing bedroom with toddlers. 

Of course, parents left the home chores (including homeschooling their special needs son) to their daughters. Who, in addition, had to work for the family business. Work, pray, clean, homeschool siblings, raise the little ones and on their free time, decorate the house. No time left for rebellion.

They were younger and more energetic than Maxwells. Probably happier (as 99% population). But not really different in their beliefs.

This said, I have no doubt that calling off the wedding was a proof of courage for Elizabeth. And Muncks being supportive is something I admire. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1

Why would the website already say "five married children?" Is it possible that, seeing that corona lockdowns were coming, they got married on the down-low and the wedding registry is out of date?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, meee said:

Why would the website already say "five married children?" Is it possible that, seeing that corona lockdowns were coming, they got married on the down-low and the wedding registry is out of date?

I think only Steve has an answer for that. Only in his mind is there a reason / does it make sense.

I do think it should be "five sons married and three daughters still at home" to be honest about their methods.

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, meee said:

I thought of that too. There’s quite a bit alreaady bought from their registry. If they haven’t already gotten married, they are likely keeping the May wedding date. I could see them live-streaming the ceremony instead of having a big in person wedding.

• Upvote 4

As a fan of nicknames props to whoever came up with Additional Anna.  I wonder if the wedding is in Leavenworth so Coward Steve can officiate and call the shots.  They could use Aunties Park as a wedding venue it looks big enough for both immediate families.  Random Life post up.

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic