IGNORED

Maxwell 37: The Moody Family Buys Matching Vests to Wear to Jesse's Wedding

Coconut Flan

catlady
17 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Has Sarah started writing "Quarantine with the Moodys" yet?

well, technically she already did......  the Moodys are as social as the Maxwells.

2 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Why would Jesse need her house? He has a house.

another poster found online that Jesse's house is on the market.  I don't know where his house is, so I haven't been able to look it up myself.  none of us can begin to imagine why he would sell.

• Upvote 9
  • Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HerNameIsBuffy

• fundiefan

• PennySycamore

• NancyDrewFan1989

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since the Maxwells are all about secrecy, I thought I'd get a jump on Jesse & Anna Craig's courtship story. Jesse: I first met Anna a couple years ago. We didn't really talk, she hung ou

Has Sarah started writing "Quarantine with the Moodys" yet?

“We started reading Book 1: Summer with the Moodys today as a family during our read-aloud time. Before we started, my five-year-old was very excited to learn about the connection of you with the book

Posted Images

sparkles
15 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Why would Jesse need her house? He has a house.

She went on a cruise with the daughter in Alabama whose name is on the tip of my tongue and wore pants.

Tami.

• Upvote 7
usedbicycle
44 minutes ago, catlady said:

another poster found online that Jesse's house is on the market.  I don't know where his house is, so I haven't been able to look it up myself.  none of us can begin to imagine why he would sell.

Is it possible that Jesse is planning on buying and moving into Gigi's house? 

If he's against debt and planning on buying a new place, he'd either need to rent something in between houses, which I can't really imagine a Maxwell would do, or find a seller who would agree to wait until his house sold. That seller could be Gigi...

• Upvote 3
freejugar
4 hours ago, sparkles said:

She’s thrifty! Which could come in very handy when your spouse is one of a bazillion under-educated fundies with a lawn service or tree cutting business. 

She also gives you your entire daily sodium intake in one portion

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 10
sparkles
11 minutes ago, freejugar said:

Despite supposedly studying nutrition, at least according to Steve. Which, in real life, means she probably reads the nutrition labels to see how many servings she can squeeze out of cream of crap soup.

Edited by sparkles
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 3
deborahlynn1979

I feel terrible for the girls on a personal level, but I hope they never marry and have children. We don't need ANY more children growing up in a family like this one. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
Kelsey
32 minutes ago, freejugar said:

Efficiency for the win.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5
  • Love 3
Bethy
2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Also, we need a line about Anna being contented in her single season of life!!

And how hard it was to wait for God to bring Prince Charming into her life!

(Not fictional...I saw that once in a 19-year-old fundie bride's post about her engagement and wanted to gag.)

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 4
Tangy Bee
27 minutes ago, deborahlynn1979 said:

I feel terrible for the girls on a personal level, but I hope they never marry and have children. We don't need ANY more children growing up in a family like this one. 

I remember reading years ago about Sarah driving pass kids playing at school and feeling sorry for them. She actually said they were in prison. I got so pissed. I feel like she's in prison. Her family bought that playground equipment so their kids don't have to play with "other" kids. I really hope the Maxwell ladies are truly doing emotionally well. Anyone can fake a smile for pictures. They claim their world is better and more structured. Nathan and Chris's kids have relatives who are not as extreme and I'm sure they will notice more as time goes on. The only problem is Steve. They are around him more often. So the chance a lifestyle change anytime soon is not going to happen.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5
Caroline
6 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

I remember reading years ago about Sarah driving pass kids playing at school and feeling sorry for them. She actually said they were in prison. I got so pissed. I feel like she's in prison. Her family bought that playground equipment so their kids don't have to play with "other" kids. I really hope the Maxwell ladies are truly doing emotionally well. Anyone can fake a smile for pictures. They claim their world is better and more structured. Nathan and Chris's kids have relatives who are not as extreme and I'm sure they will notice more as time goes on. The only problem is Steve. They are around him more often. So the chance a lifestyle change anytime soon is not going to happen.

Someone a few pages back made the point that people like Sarah Maxwell (or any Maxwell) don't have the ability to understand that people can be happy in many different ways.  Just because we don't think we would like a certain lifestyle doesn't mean it's not appealing to someone else.  It's a very immature way to look at the world and shows a serious lack of imagination.  Such a waste imo.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4
Bethy
14 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

I am jealous of their playground equipment. We never put in anything because we live so close to a public park. Now we live so close to a public park and I have to constantly tell my daughter no when she wants to play there...I wish we had at least a swing and a slide.

Although technically, following the rules of social distancing (which I doubt they are) they shouldn't be sharing that play equipment between the families either.

If they are staying distant they probably have a schedule...on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday this week Nate's kids can play. Chris' kids next week. Joe's the week after. A few days off in between for germs to die.

• Upvote 4
HerNameIsBuffy

Anna's post about the butterflies made me smile, and it was an excellent homeschooling project.  Sarah's post today made me smile again, her response to that little girl seems so genuine and that's rare in Sarah's writing.

I do wonder what Steve thought of that child reading Sarah's books multiple times and loving them so much.  Is he secretly judging the parents for allowing her to make Moody books and idol?  

• Upvote 12
kpmom
1 hour ago, Bethy said:

I am jealous of their playground equipment. We never put in anything because we live so close to a public park. Now we live so close to a public park and I have to constantly tell my daughter no when she wants to play there...I wish we had at least a swing and a slide.

Forgive the o.t., but I read that outdoor (and indoor) play equipment is one of the biggest selling item during this social distancing time.  So, you're not alone in this.

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Anna's post about the butterflies made me smile, and it was an excellent homeschooling project.  Sarah's post today made me smile again, her response to that little girl seems so genuine and that's rare in Sarah's writing.

I liked that butterfly post, too!  My son had the same thing, and we had such a good time watching the whole caterpillar, larvae, butterfly process.  

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1
Lgirlrocks

D60D8225-66B8-4AEA-9BBE-F0D1FE87892D.thumb.jpeg.22ed32d182a993dd7346bf824188e734.jpeg

add on this Maxwell thread. Wonder what Steve would think? Does he even know what manscaping is?

• Haha 19
NancyDrewFan1989
3 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I do wonder what Steve thought of that child reading Sarah's books multiple times and loving them so much.  Is he secretly judging the parents for allowing her to make Moody books and idol?  

I did like the post about the butterflies as well. Growing up I did this a few times at home with my mom. The world really has changed because the Maxwells made me smile.

As for Steve judging the parents, lets face it the guy is a hypocrite who is probably just happy his daughter has some form of income. After all Sarah is the only one who has a paying job and they have given up on her finding a husband. 

6 hours ago, catlady said:

well, technically she already did......  the Moodys are as social as the Maxwells.

I have a couple thoughts I have for Jesse selling the house is that he is choosing to move closer to his wife's family. Which if true, then Steve and Teri are going to do what they can to bust it up because that would upset the family compound.

It's also possible that Jesse bought the house just to flip it in order to make money. After all he wasn't living in the house during the majority of the time he had it in his possession. He might have enough money from working and this house that he is looking at other ones that closer to the Maxwell compound. 

Either those two or the house got foreclosed on and everything fell through with the bank. Now Jesse and his new bride have to spend their first couple of married bliss at the Maxwell house. Considering Jesse is the final son to get married, I don't see this being a problem with them having a living space. I do see it being a problem once they start to have children and want to branch out.

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 1
NancyDrewFan1989
12 hours ago, sparkles said:

I think at least one Maxgirl will be sacrificed on the altar of marriage before the end of the year, just for the sake of the brand. My money’s on Anna, since she’s like the Swiss Army knife of fundie maidens. She cooks, she cleans, she’s handy, she likes kids—she would have been the perfect mail order bride back in the pioneer days.

Anna is the perfect fundie wife. In my opinion she is the Maxwell daughter who has the best chance of getting married. After all, Teri praises about her cooking in the kitchen with their leftover series. Out of all the Maxwell daughters Anna seems to get the most praise for being the most stay at home daughter of all her sisters.

• Upvote 7
Granwych
2 hours ago, kpmom said:

Forgive the o.t., but I read that outdoor (and indoor) play equipment is one of the biggest selling item during this social distancing time.  So, you're not alone in this.

I liked that butterfly post, too!  My son had the same thing, and we had such a good time watching the whole caterpillar, larvae, butterfly process.  

Being an outdoor, science-living kid long ago, I was always traipsing through the woods and fields near the family home.  I found something that vaguely looked like a cocoon, brought it home, and promptly forgot about it.   Until the day when my city-girl mother let out a yell when she discovered teeny tiny praying mantis babies exiting what I thought was a cocoon.  It was, of course, an egg case that was just about jam-packed  with the little beasties.  I had to take them all outside pronto.  That episode also scotched any chance I had of getting an ant farm.

Then there was the time mom found a dead salamander in the sink.  No more wild creature pets for me.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 17
  • Love 6
HerNameIsBuffy
20 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

It's also possible that Jesse bought the house just to flip it in order to make money.

If this is the case then I hope his sisters are appropriately compensated, since I recall them helping quite a bit with the manual labor of that remodel.

• Upvote 13
NancyDrewFan1989
Just now, HerNameIsBuffy said:

If this is the case then I hope his sisters are appropriately compensated, since I recall them helping quite a bit with the manual labor of that remodel.

Hopefully, his sisters seem to help out a lot with newly bought home projects. I remember Sarah, I think, did an entire series on how she and her siblings helped John out when he bought his house right before or around the time he had entered a courtship with Chelsy.

• Upvote 7
NancyDrewFan1989
8 hours ago, sparkles said:

I don’t think GiGi “puts up” with Steve at all; she’s probably perfectly content to live within his circle. I don’t know when in the timeline she and her husband were saved, whether it was before or after Steve and Teri moved to Leavenworth, but while they may have influenced her, I don’t see how anything was/is being forced on her. She probably lives (and lived) her life according to her wishes and joins the family when she chooses to. She has it made, really. She’s near family she adores and vice-versa, they help out at almost every turn, and all of her needs are taken care of. It’s possible that one of the girls could move in with her to help further, but even if it got to a point where her needs exceeded what the family was capable of handing, she would probably go to a facility near the Maxwells because it just makes sense. I certainly can’t see her leaving the area she’s called home for many years to run off and live with Aunt Tami. 

As for Anna 3.0, her family is cut from the same fundie cloth as the Maxwells. Why would her parents have any issues with her joining the cult? They know exactly who the Maxwells are and what they believe so they’re handing her off with eyes wide open and most likely think she’s marrying well.

Honestly, I think Steve puts up with Gigi. Gigi has no problem going on cruises with her sinful pants wearing daughter. If it gets to the point where they do have to consider putting Gigi in a nursing home, then I do foresee her heading towards Tami. The biggest reason being Steve and Teri are going to try and take complete control over Gigi's life inside the nursing home. There is no way they are going to be okay with her living in a place that decorates for holidays, like Christmas, celebrates Halloween, and be okay with her having friends outside of the Maxwell rules. Knowing Steve and Teri they are going to try and take total and complete control of whom she has contact with. Remember Sarah, I think, did a post a long time ago about how the family had an issue with their time in the nursing home being interrupted or something like that because a Catholic mass, I think, was being held in the same room shortly after they were too leave. Remember Teri did a post about how the family was offended by being served by a woman dressed as a witch on Halloween. Imagine how offended they will be if Gigi gets a roommate who chooses to put up a Jack-O-Lantern on her dresser as a decoration. I'm sure Gigi will be fine with it, but Steve and Teri will throw a fit and forbid their children and grandchildren from visiting her. That is why I think she will, most likely, head to Tami if and when it comes down to a nursing home. Tami won't be crazily overbearing about the happenings at the home and probably not have a problem if she breaks bread with someone from a different faith. Either that or the plan is for Sarah to get her home health care giver certification and take care of Gigi for the rest of her life. 

• Upvote 8
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 2
FloraKitty35

Wouldn't it be nice if Gigi has made a will and made Teri's sister executrix and not Steve.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 9
NancyDrewFan1989
31 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Wouldn't it be nice if Gigi has made a will and made Teri's sister executrix and not Steve.  

Either that or she will make Sarah the executrix in order to help her out once she is gone. I am really starting to think that Sarah will most likely end up living at Gigi's once she gets older and needs more home care. By making it Sarah it will give Steve and Teri control. If that happens, then I hope that Steve and Teri leave Sarah something to support herself. 

• Upvote 3
Jana814
57 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

I hope that’s the case. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
Granwych
7 hours ago, Bethy said:

And how hard it was to wait for God to bring Prince Charming into her life!

(Not fictional...I saw that once in a 19-year-old fundie bride's post about her engagement and wanted to gag.)

I was 25, in school and living at home.  Our neighbors had 4 kids.  The oldest was a girl who was 17 when she graduated from high school.   The girl got married 2 weeks after graduation and had a baby the following year.   Suffice it to say that the marriage did not last.

• Sad 5
FloraKitty35
4 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

D60D8225-66B8-4AEA-9BBE-F0D1FE87892D.thumb.jpeg.22ed32d182a993dd7346bf824188e734.jpeg

add on this Maxwell thread. Wonder what Steve would think? Does he even know what manscaping is?

He probably thinks that what  it's called when he (or his sons and grandsons) do yard work.  I am kind of disappointed that there will never be a Maxwell/Rodrigues courtship.  

• Upvote 4
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic