IGNORED

House of Representatives 2: Nancy is in Charge

GreyhoundFan

On 11/13/2020 at 11:31 AM, Cartmann99 said:

:shakehead2:

I have completely had it with these anti-masters and kind of went off on the topic in the Covid thread.

Since she is so strongly anti-mask I think there needs to be some kind of legal document signed, much like a DNR, that if she would happen to catch kovid that no mask containing oxygen would be used. We wouldn't want her to feel oppressed.

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

On 11/13/2020 at 2:31 PM, Cartmann99 said:

:shakehead2:

I am sure her fellow freshmen were very impressed. ?
Anyone not masked should be barred from the Capitol. 

• I Agree 10

Gym is such an asshole, it's nice to see clapback to his crap:

image.png.7ee220583be45e8aa229943186746d06.png

• Upvote 8
  • Love 3

• 2 weeks later...

Man Baby threw a fit. Congress ignored him

Congress is moving forward on a must-pass defense policy bill without repealing a legal shield for social media companies, rejecting a last-minute veto threat from President Donald Trump.

The final version of the National Defense Authorization Act that will soon be considered by the House and Senate won’t include Trump’s long-sought repeal of the legal immunity for online companies, known as Section 230, according to lawmakers and aides.

Republicans also made clear they weren’t going to bend to Trump.

Republicans on Wednesday showed some signs of exasperation with the president’s latest effort. As one GOP lawmaker put it: “Republicans are sick of this shit.”

I’d love to tell that one GOP lawmaker that they all voted for that orange sack of shit so they can live with the consequences now. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, 47of74 said:

I’d love to tell that one GOP lawmaker that they all voted for that orange sack of shit so they can live with the consequences now. 

Yep. They all voted to keep Trump in office when he got impeached. There couldn't have been a better excuse to get rid of him with impunity then. But no... packing the courts with republican judges was more important.

• Upvote 9

17 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Yep. They all voted to keep Trump in office when he got impeached. There couldn't have been a better excuse to get rid of him with impunity then. But no... packing the courts with republican judges was more important.

And the fucking hell of it is that they could have kept doing that even with Pence in there too.  He would have continued the packing and not appeared to be as big a stick of fuck as Diaper Don is.  But nope they didn't want to do anything even approaching the right thing so these Republicans can go and self conjugal visit themselves.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

4 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Maybe another reason Trump wants to veto?

Might be the main reason he wants to veto! Alongside the "Twitter hurt my fee fees" thing, of course... but that alone seems like a pretty flimsy reason to make this a hill to die on. Money laundering laws that will affect his wallet and could send him and/or his cronies to the big house? Those are a big deal to him. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

30 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Matt Gaetz made a good point for once...

...but then he went and stepped on his own dick.  He thought he was owning the New York libs, but the restaurant in NJ where this event was held was shut down for violation of current Covid regulations.  Also, these people look slutty.  

I 100% agree on the legalization of marijuana, and esp decriminalizing small amounts if the state isn't ready for full legalization.  

I think Texas accidentally legalized hemp.  They'll get on board at some point, because the income into the state coffers will be staggering once it's legalized and regulated. 

I suspect that Sid Miller, our noxious Ag Commish, tokes on the down low. 

• Upvote 4

50 minutes ago, Howl said:

I suspect that Sid Miller, our noxious Ag Commish, tokes on the down low. 

Probably so. The "Jesus shot" didn't work for him.

Texas agriculture chief Sid Miller won't be charged for "Jesus shot" trips

AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller won’t face criminal charges for allegedly using taxpayer funds to obtain a “Jesus shot” in Oklahoma.

The Texas Department of Public Safety investigated the Republican for possible abuse of power. In a memo released Tuesday, prosecutors said they had determined “criminal intent would be difficult to prove.”

The Houston Chronicle reported in March that Miller used taxpayer money to travel to Oklahoma last year to apparently receive a “Jesus shot,” an anti-inflammatory injection meant to reduce chronic pain.

Miller reimbursed the state more than $1,000. He declined to say whether he got the injection.

The memo says Miller returned an additional nearly $500 since. It also says he calls the cost of the trips “relatively small” and says Texas has been refunded “all the money.”

• WTF 2

OMG, I love it!  I did live in Jersey City in the 80s but it's not the restaurant I was thinking about.  I do love our governor though.  That clip was amazing.

• Upvote 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic