Waiting for Prince/Princess Charming: Unmarried Fundies 8

Bethella

5 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Jeremiah Campana and Nada M. are engaged based on Campbell Morton’s ig story

Those two look all of 16.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Jeremiah Campana and Nada M. are engaged based on Campbell Morton’s ig story

Does Jeremiah go on the anti-woman tours & harass women seeking medical care? Or is he in the family business? Oh, wait, harassment is the family business, I think. Except for the breaks they take to do lawn care. 

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Those two look all of 16.

He's 22 but an absolute manchild. She's a senior in high school (not sure when she would be graduating). My stomach actually dropped when I saw @VBOY9977's post. I guess their ages aren't that different from Joe+Kendra and Josiah+Lauren Duggar, who I'd consider weird-but-not-as-weird, but I don't know, she seems like such a baby.

Edited by albireo
punctuation
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, albireo said:

He's 22 but an absolute manchild. She's a senior in high school (not sure when she would be graduating). My stomach actually dropped when I saw @VBOY9977's post. I guess their ages aren't that different from Joe+Kendra and Josiah+Lauren Duggar, who I'd consider weird-but-not-as weird, but I don't know, she seems like such a baby.

What is with these fundie girls getting engaged their senior year of high school this year? First it was Michelle Seewald and now it’s this girl.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, albireo said:

He's 22 but an absolute manchild. She's a senior in high school (not sure when she would be graduating). My stomach actually dropped when I saw @VBOY9977's post. I guess their ages aren't that different from Joe+Kendra and Josiah+Lauren Duggar, who I'd consider weird-but-not-as-weird, but I don't know, she seems like such a baby.

The Campana boys are not exactly stellar examples of maturity. Neither are the boys in the close circle. The immaturity is actually shocking, if I'm honest. Seriously, a senior in high school is about on target with their maturity level, no matter their age. Except, it gets complicated, because the girls in their world are kept more naive and immature in general. So, overall, they look like 16 year old babies and neither has reached that level of maturity. But, they're gonna' make a baby before the year is out, no doubt. 

• Upvote 7

My senior year in high school lots of girls got engaged over Christmas break to their slightly older (2-4 years) steady boyfriends.  These girls all married the summer after graduation.  A great many were divorced within 5-7 years. Case in point the high school valedictorian married 2 weeks after graduation. I ran into her at the local bank 6 years later, She was divorced for 2 years, mother of 2 (ages 5 and 3), living with her parents, working there as a teller, no college.

These were not uber fundie girls, not even really fundie-lite, just rural, southern, small town, church-going girls with mothers, grandmothers, great grandmothers, and great -great grandmothers who all married at 16-19 -- and were all still alive. It was not unusual to see new baby photos of 5 generations of women in the same family 

• Upvote 14
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

Does Jeremiah go on the anti-woman tours & harass women seeking medical care? Or is he in the family business? Oh, wait, harassment is the family business, I think. Except for the breaks they take to do lawn care. 

Yes, he does. That's how he met Nada, who is from Wisconsin.

Frank, the dad, is actually an engineer and seems to make good money. The lawn care is Nick's thing. I don't know what Jeremiah does for a job, if anything.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, albireo said:

Yes, he does. That's how he met Nada, who is from Wisconsin.

Frank, the dad, is actually an engineer and seems to make good money. The lawn care is Nick's thing. I don't know what Jeremiah does for a job, if anything.

Oh, I know. And, I know Nick does the lawn thing. It's just that they make such a huge thing of their anti-women BS their actual jobs are secondary, thus not really the "family business". 

Just my sarcasm happening in my head but not translating to written form very well.

What I did not know - she's from Wisconsin? Where? Did he meet here when they were here last summer? I'm just wondering if there is going to be a fundie wedding in my neck of the woods within the next few months? 

14 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Oh, I know. And, I know Nick does the lawn thing. It's just that they make such a huge thing of their anti-women BS their actual jobs are secondary, thus not really the "family business". 

Just my sarcasm happening in my head but not translating to written form very well.

What I did not know - she's from Wisconsin? Where? Did he meet here when they were here last summer? I'm just wondering if there is going to be a fundie wedding in my neck of the woods within the next few months? 

I think some of the pictures I saw have been lost --- I can't find my source that she was planning to go to Bryan College either --- but in Jeremiah's Highlights on Instagram she's wearing a Milwaukee Skyline Volleyball Club shirt.

ETA: Yep, the logo matches. https://milwaukeeskyline.wixsite.com/sklyline/

Edited by albireo
  • Upvote 1

On 5/13/2020 at 4:27 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

My senior year in high school lots of girls got engaged over Christmas break to their slightly older (2-4 years) steady boyfriends.  These girls all married the summer after graduation.  A great many were divorced within 5-7 years. Case in point the high school valedictorian married 2 weeks after graduation. I ran into her at the local bank 6 years later, She was divorced for 2 years, mother of 2 (ages 5 and 3), living with her parents, working there as a teller, no college.

These were not uber fundie girls, not even really fundie-lite, just rural, southern, small town, church-going girls with mothers, grandmothers, great grandmothers, and great -great grandmothers who all married at 16-19 -- and were all still alive. It was not unusual to see new baby photos of 5 generations of women in the same family 

My family has a five generations photo. Great grandma (married at 19 had 1 surviving daughter), her daughter got married at 19 and had 4 kids (second was my mom), my mom got married at 20 and had her first at 24, my sister got married at 20 and had her first at 22. So their 5 generations of females photo is really nice. I’m the weirdo of the family who got married at age 27 and had my first kid at 30. And yes, a Christian family in a small midwestern town.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 8

Racheal Parker, neo-Confederate friend of the Boyer sisters, is in a relationship with a Luke Kosachuk. I believe her sister is already married to one of Luke's brothers. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Here is Jeremiah’s high school senior fiancé with her engagement ring. I wonder if she will get her braces off before the wedding....

CDC8178B-9C7B-4A89-9F31-2E29AF66ED41.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 2
  • Rufus Bless 11
  • WTF 6
  • Thank You 1

52 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

She's a baby!

She looks like my niece. Who is 14 ?

• Upvote 6

10 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

She'll be pregnant within 2 months of the wedding

I wonder if Mariah is pregnant yet. No reason to think that, just that we're now just on the border of when it would be possible to announce if she got pregnant immediately. The Thomases talk a big quiverfull game but not all of them have a quiver of kids.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Here is Jeremiah’s high school senior fiancé with her engagement ring. I wonder if she will get her braces off before the wedding....

CDC8178B-9C7B-4A89-9F31-2E29AF66ED41.jpeg

I teach high schoolers, and this poor girl looks like an 8th or 9th grader, so 13-14 years old. I actually feel a little sick thinking that she’ll probably have a child or be pregnant within the next year. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

I teach high schoolers, and this poor girl looks like an 8th or 9th grader, so 13-14 years old. I actually feel a little sick thinking that she’ll probably have a child or be pregnant within the next year. 

Isn’t it interesting how JillRod’s girls look so old as teens while other fundies looks so young? Jill ages her children so much with the heavy makeup and hair.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

This makes me so incredibly sad. That girl's life is over at 18. As a wife in that bunch, she will now & forever be a mother & helpmeet, nothing more, no options, no choices, no growth. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 6

My mind can't even wrap itself around being engaged senior year of high school. Honestly, in my neck of the woods, senior year in college is still pretty weird. 

I can't deal with that photo of her in her braces holding up her engagement ring like it's a prize from the senior class scavenger hunt. For people who talk all the time about marriage being sacred, the older fundie adults sure do encourage kids to treat this like a game. 

23 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Racheal Parker, neo-Confederate friend of the Boyer sisters, is in a relationship with a Luke Kosachuk. I believe her sister is already married to one of Luke's brothers. 

Wow, this is unexpected. Unfortunately I can't find much about him online. 

With all of her dubious health claims that made her so delicate, she sounds like a total drag to be married to. 

Edited by nausicaa
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, nausicaa said:

My mind can't even wrap itself around being engaged senior year of high school. Honestly, in my neck of the woods, senior year in college is still pretty weird. 

When I was in high school we actually had two seniors get married before graduation. I remember seeing them in the halls with wedding bands on. At the graduation ceremony when their names were called out (Guy First Name, Last Name - Girl First Name, Maiden Name, Last Name), some girls in front of me were like “they did not get married? Seriously?”

I also had classmates who were living on their own with their boyfriend/girlfriend. I think some weren’t even 18 yet, and they had moved out of home into apartments. And in one case their parents were totally okay with it! Helped set up the place and everything!

High school was wild senior year. People moving out of home, getting engaged, married,... that one guy who randomly dropped out a month before graduation... I thought it was all insane. 

Edited by Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing
This was all in the early 2000s.
  • Upvote 1
  • WTF 5

I know one girl who was engaged in high school, although she went to a different school. We worked together at Taco Bell. Labor Day Weekend of our senior year, she got engaged to her boyfriend who was at least one year older and in the Army. I remember her saying something about her parent's didn't know yet. I worked there summers through my sophomore year of college, and remember her coming in, married and pregnant. She was a smart girl, but I was under the impression her family was pretty evangelical. This was in 1989 in a moderate sized town in the midwest.

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing said:

When I was in high school we actually had two seniors get married before graduation. I remember seeing them in the halls with wedding bands on. At the graduation ceremony when their names were called out (Guy First Name, Last Name - Girl First Name, Maiden Name, Last Name), some girls in front of me were like “they did not get married? Seriously?”

I also had classmates who were living on their own with their boyfriend/girlfriend. I think some weren’t even 18 yet, and they had moved out of home into apartments. And in one case their parents were totally okay with it! Helped set up the place and everything!

High school was wild senior year. People moving out of home, getting engaged, married,... that one guy who randomly dropped out a month before graduation... I thought it was all insane. 

Wow that’s crazy. I graduated in 2000 in a small midwestern town and nothing like that happened in my school. But my class was the tame one. The class under us was the wild one. But they just loved partying. Nobody wanted to get married! 

• Upvote 3

I went to a small rural high school. Our class was pretty much divided into: people who were planning to stay and be farmers and people who were leaving for university. A couple of the girls  got engaged and then married around graduation, but the scandal was our class president who got pregnant and was far enough along that it could no longer be secret by graduation. She'd been part of the group planning on leaving for university so it was a surprise to the class. I ran into her some years  later. She'd tried marriage and SAHMotherhood for a short while, realized it was not for her, divorced, and moved back with her parents. Her parents looked after her son while she went back to school. When I last ran into her,  she was about to graduate university and had a job lined up in our home town and was seeing someone new so it all worked out for her. 

• Upvote 4

I had a classmate get married  shortly after graduating . I didn't know that until out 10th reunion . We weren't close friends  , just two people who shared some classes and I always thought when people wrote "Almost married" in the comments about her  in our Abizeitung (the sort of newspaper , review , book thing the German graduating class sells at the end of the year ) they were just joking. They are still married . 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Bethella unpinned this topic