IGNORED

Waiting for Prince/Princess Charming: Unmarried Fundies 8

Bethella

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They choose to believe all the lies that anti-choicers feed them. Women that pregnant would not be able to get an abortion. But Ashley WANTS to believe the lies. That PP performs abortions up until 40 weeks pregnant, that they murder babies born alive by cutting them up, that they sell off baby parts to the highest bidders. Because if they would actually listen to the truth, they likely wouldn’t be protesting. They need to cling to the baby murder narrative in order to get out there in the rain or cold and harass women.

Yep. I’m nine months pregnant. I can’t “just change my mind” at this point. I happen not to want to, thankfully, but even if I did, I couldn’t just roll up to PP and leave a couple hours later without a baby. If my baby or I were in dire straits medically, induction of labor or an emergency c section might be an option, naturally, but nothing would be done to intentionally end the pregnancy with anything other than live birth. 

I also find fundies entirely out of touch with how often later terminations are done (very small percentage of the total) and why. Most often, if a pregnancy is terminated later on, it’s because of devastating medical diagnosis, including incompatibility with life. My friend was yelled at and called a murderer as she was making the most painful choice of her life-terminate her pregnancy at 21 weeks or wait for her child to either pass at any time or have a very brief, and likely painful life. This was a very loved and wanted child, and it made the worst moments of their lives even worse. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 6

Lydia Waller gets married in July- I've just looked at her wedding registry and she has got 6 sets of towels requested ( all bath, hand and washcloth sizes) in colours of green, beige and brown.

How does a newly married couple need 6 sets of towels?

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

Lydia Waller gets married in July- I've just looked at her wedding registry and she has got 6 sets of towels requested ( all bath, hand and washcloth sizes) in colours of green, beige and brown.

Embarrassing admission:

I registered for 6 bath towels and got 6 bath towels for our wedding shower. We still use those same 6 towels 10 years later! I still use the tiny cobalt blue microwave I got in college back in 2000! I still use the crappy particle board dresser I got when I was in elementary school! If something still works for me, I will use it forever!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

9 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

Having grown up in similar circles I think I can answer that.

Fundies have a lots of guests over - family or friends travelling through the area expect to stay overnight. "Fellowshipping" is a fundie sport and most couldn't afford a hotel anyway. While the polite thing to do for guests was to bring sleeping bags for the kids, hosts would at least provide all adults with a bed and towels. We used to give up our rooms and sleep in the attic when adults were visiting (something we enjoyed!)

Also, fundies live off of one income, so what you get on your wedding registry is what you'll use forever or until it falls apart. It's understood that you will eventually use those items for a large family - hence these young couples registering for 2 crockpots, the largest instapot and massive pots and pans.

• Upvote 20

3 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

Having grown up in similar circles I think I can answer that.

Fundies have a lots of guests over - family or friends travelling through the area expect to stay overnight. "Fellowshipping" is a fundie sport and most couldn't afford a hotel anyway. While the polite thing to do for guests was to bring sleeping bags for the kids, hosts would at least provide all adults with a bed and towels. We used to give up our rooms and sleep in the attic when adults were visiting (something we enjoyed!)

Also, fundies live off of one income, so what you get on your wedding registry is what you'll use forever or until it falls apart. It's understood that you will eventually use those items for a large family - hence these young couples registering for 2 crockpots, the largest instapot and massive pots and pans.

I totally get this mindset. However I might hate the color of those towels 20 years from now! First world problems!

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Embarrassing admission:

I registered for 6 bath towels and got 6 bath towels for our wedding shower. We still use those same 6 towels 10 years later! I still use the tiny cobalt blue microwave I got in college back in 2000! I still use the crappy particle board dresser I got when I was in elementary school! If something still works for me, I will use it forever!

I'm the same, although not from a wedding registry! I have accumulated bath towels over time- needing another set for visitors, accidentally bleaching another set so getting another when I had some money for when company comes over, some that my ex-fiance left in my possession when we broke up etc etc. I have maybe 6 sets all up, mainly because I don't throw out the ones that become a little threadbare or that have bleach spots all over them! I use 2 bath towels for showering as it is because my hair is so long and thick that it needs it's own bath towel. But the towels definitely get used and I don't throw them out.

• Upvote 6

On 5/8/2020 at 10:04 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Since we are already talking about Ashley Salyer, I’ll leave this screen shot here. I’m glad they were told to leave. Fundies need to stop harassing people about abortion. They live in NYC. It’s a huge epicenter for the virus. They need to go home and quit harassing people about their medical decisions. 

D7497F16-091A-4233-B924-048F36445D68.jpeg

Ugh. Metro NY fundies (well, metro NY religious conservatives in general) are just plain awful; they really play up the persecuted Christian angle.

Edited by Denim Jumper
  • Upvote 7

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Embarrassing admission:

I think we just finally tossed our ripped-up wedding towels after 20 years. We also had a Costco-size roll of Saran Wrap (circa 2000) that finally used up last year, too.

Edited by Denim Jumper
  • Upvote 7

6 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Guests.

Also, I have a friend whose husband insists on using a fresh, clean towel every day. So they own a lot of towels, so she doesn't have to wash towels all the time

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Sops2 said:

for guest mostly and when your washing others that what i use mine for. their never enough towels honestly

Boy am I glad I’m not fundie! I hate having house guests. The only people who spend the night are close family members like our parents or siblings. And that’s not too often. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

We got 16 towel sets at our shower, far more than we registered for. We still have unused towels, and have never had an overnight guest (thank goodness). 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 3

On 5/10/2020 at 2:06 PM, Sops2 said:

I have full sympathy for registering for 6 sets of towels. Honestly, I'm shocked that they (and other newlywed fundies) don't register for more. They obviously plan to have as many kids as humanly possible, thereby increasing the household towel demand, and towels are something that come in handy every day, and literally never stop being useful. When they get too ratty to be bath towels, you rip them down to make dish cloths. When they get too ratty for that, they are shop rags. 

And perhaps this is just my personal "raised by Boomers who were in turn, raised by survivors of the Great Depression" talking, but my folks didn't have a towel with the original color or design still visible at any point in my childhood. (I was born a decade after they married and had my only other sibling.) Those things were SHEER. I remember being super intimidated by using hotel towels when we traveled because I thought that they must cost thousands of dollars. ?

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

Natty Darnell and Abigail Cochran’s registry says they’re getting married on July 11th 

https://registry.theknot.com/abigail-cochran-nathaniel-darnell-july-2020/40486374

Tabitha Jeub and Nathan Sleeger’s registry says August 1st 

https://www.theknot.com/us/tabitha-jeub-and-nathan-sleeger-aug-2020

It also looks like Lizzy Schatte and Daniel Powell changed their date from May 22nd to June 5th

https://www.theknot.com/us/lizzy-schatte-and-danny-powell-jun-2020

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Thank You 4

3 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Natty Darnell and Abigail Cochran registry says they’re getting married on July 11th 

https://registry.theknot.com/abigail-cochran-nathaniel-darnell-july-2020/40486374

It also looks like Lizzy Schatte and Daniel Powell changed their date from May 22nd to June 5th

https://www.theknot.com/us/lizzy-schatte-and-danny-powell-jun-2020

Wow a 3.5-4 month engagement. Is that a record? LOL Must have learned from the last half dozen, he has to rope them in and lock them down FAST before he says or does anything that concerns them or the family enough to send them packing as fast as they can. 

It truly amazes me that a 40 year old and a 25 year old have to register for such basics as plastic laundry baskets. Ah the rancid smell of fundie “kids” who live at home with mommy and daddy til they’re well past adulthood.... 

Edited by Nolongeroppressed8.4
  • Upvote 9

44 minutes ago, Nolongeroppressed8.4 said:

Wow a 3.5-4 month engagement. Is that a record? LOL Must have learned from the last half dozen, he has to rope them in and lock them down FAST before he says or does anything that concerns them or the family enough to send them packing as fast as they can. 

It truly amazes me that a 40 year old and a 25 year old have to register for such basics as plastic laundry baskets. Ah the rancid smell of fundie “kids” who live at home with mommy and daddy til they’re well past adulthood.... 

It’s rather pathetic when unmarried Staddon and Arndt males are living outside mommy and daddy’s place and 40 year old Natty isn’t. 

• Upvote 6

The older Arndt boys have moved from the Mothership!!??  When??  To the 2nd Arndt homestead across the road??

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

The older Arndt boys have moved from the Mothership!!??  When??  To the 2nd Arndt homestead across the road??

Wait...what!? Are you serious? Please let it be true.

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Yeah it’s just a few of the manboys that moved nearby. My guess is that they still go home all the time. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6

Did anyone update the Arndt thread with deets?  This is BIG news  -- someone moved out of the Mothership.  Even if it is just across the the road. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Did anyone update the Arndt thread with deets?  This is BIG news  -- someone moved out of the Mothership.  Even if it is just across the the road. 

It happened last year. So the small uproar it caused has died down, lol.

• Upvote 2

Elissa Baird (Sister of Girl Defined’s Kristen and Bethany) is in a relationship with a guy named Andiy Petrenko. He is from and lives in Ukraine. I wonder if she’ll move there if they get married, or the other way around?

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

5 hours ago, Nolongeroppressed8.4 said:

No, I don't think it's a record. I don't have statistics for everyone but there were at least three Duggar engagements in the 11-12 week range. Jessa & Ben, 11 weeks 2 days; Jill & Derick, 12 weeks; Joy & Austin, 12 weeks, 1 day. The longest Duggar engagement to date is Josiah and Lauren at 16 weeks 5 days. 

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • Thank You 6

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Bethella unpinned this topic