IGNORED

Waiting for Prince/Princess Charming: Unmarried Fundies 8

Bethella

On 4/24/2020 at 6:09 PM, nausicaa said:

Me too. I'm happy for her after waiting for so long. 

The back pain stuff, and that he currently isn't working because of it, worries me a bit, but I hope it's a temporary issue. 

Well, from their wedding website, it looks like Sarah and Andrew are going through with the ceremony next weekend. I completely agree about the back pain. It sounds like he is actually disabled by it, so it must be pretty bad. Hopefully he gets some better days and can find a way to be gainfully employed. I really do want the best for the girl who named this thread!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

Ariana Balka and Joel Cape switched their wedding for 2 days earlier (May 23rd) because they can’t use their original venue anymore. They’re only having family and wedding party at their new venue and are going to transmit it online. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

The Mally wedding is just starting now and is on livestream! Links are in the Mally thread.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ashley Salyer is engaged.

To elaborate on this, his name is Eric (can't find a last name) and she first posted about him on January 24, calling the relationship "a new thing." So they've been together less than 4 months and already engaged.

I'm glad for her she didn't marry Nathan Bates, but she certainly seems to be as fundie as ever.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 3

12 minutes ago, JillyO said:

To elaborate on this, his name is Eric (can't find a last name) and she first posted about him on January 24, calling the relationship "a new thing." So they've been together less than 4 months and already engaged.

I'm glad for her she didn't marry Nathan Bates, but she certainly seems to be as fundie as ever.

It’s Eric Hoover. They are listed in the main list on page one. We don’t know much about him besides he’s a farm boy from Ohio that now lives in NYC and looks a lot like Nathan Bates.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s Eric Hoover. They are listed in the main list on page one. We don’t know much about him besides he’s a farm boy from Ohio that now lives in NYC and looks a lot like Nathan Bates.

He went to Penn/Wharton, so he should at least be a pretty decent provider with his terrible beliefs.

I'm admittedly really curious about about her wedding dress, wedding, and how she'll decorate her marital home. Hate her beliefs, and he seems like a raging douche, but girl has serious style.

• Upvote 8

11 minutes ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

He went to Penn/Wharton, so he should at least be a pretty decent provider with his terrible beliefs.

I'm admittedly really curious about about her wedding dress, wedding, and how she'll decorate her marital home. Hate her beliefs, and he seems like a raging douche, but girl has serious style.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he just wanted some fundie trophy wife that would look good on his arm and give him a lot of kids. I assume she will happily oblige. 

• Upvote 8

23 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Actually, the Intertubes know quite a lot about him. He's an aspiring Trump-humping politician who loves him some guns. I can smell the undertones of white supremacy all the way down here in Maryland [I'm, actually surprised he's marrying a Latina, instead of some blonde Fox news Barbie]

https://www.thedp.com/article/2016/10/students-organize-to-form-pro-life-group

https://thefederalist.com/author/erichoover/

https://statesmanonline.org/author/erichoover37/

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 11

25 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Actually, the Intertubes know quite a lot about him. He's an aspiring Trump-humping politician who loves him some guns. I can smell the undertones of white supremacy all the way down here in Maryland [I'm, actually surprised he's marrying a Latina, instead of some blonde Fox news Barbie]

Wow, only 4 months. Fundies like to call it, "God's Timing". With the added info about him...I'm suddenly worried for Ashley. Not a fan of her beliefs but truly hope she will be safe. Would she be the type to leave or stay if he turns out to be crazy??

• Upvote 5

36 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

He probably thinks it will make him look less racist. I’ve known of quite a few racist males who have had women of color as significant others. It’s not as rare as some might think. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

How old is Ashley now? Did she just turn 24,or 25?  She may be looking at all the young fundy new mamas she knows like Carlin and Josie and Joy and feel like she's losing ground in the quiverfull baby race.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

7 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

How old is Ashley now? Did she just turn 24,or 25?  She may be looking at all the young fundy new mamas she knows like Carlin and Josie and Joy and feel like she's losing ground in the quiverfull baby race.

25. And she has said some things alluding to feeling that way. It’s no surprise to me that she is rushing into marriage at a breakneck pace. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 3
  • Thank You 2

6 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

She just turned 25. And on her Instagram stories she said that at one point she thought this would never happen for her, implying she was late to the getting engaged party. Girl, you are so, so young still. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

And I'm wondering if he's associated with the family (see the netflix documentary)  

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2

5 hours ago, clueliss said:

And I'm wondering if he's associated with the family (see the netflix documentary)  

Ive been watching that, it's been very interesting so far. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/4/2020 at 11:14 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

25. And she has said some things alluding to feeling that way. It’s no surprise to me that she is rushing into marriage at a breakneck pace. 

According to LinkedIn, Eric is now a commodities trader at Barclay's office in Philly. Ka-ching.  That's like another universe from the Bates in Rocky Top.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

According to LinkedIn, Eric is now a commodities trader at Barclay's office in Philly. Ka-ching.  That's like another universe from the Bates in Rocky Top.

They will be the next Meredith and Stephen Hammer. 

• Upvote 6

Since we are already talking about Ashley Salyer, I’ll leave this screen shot here. I’m glad they were told to leave. Fundies need to stop harassing people about abortion. They live in NYC. It’s a huge epicenter for the virus. They need to go home and quit harassing people about their medical decisions. 

D7497F16-091A-4233-B924-048F36445D68.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Angry 5
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1

That "so apparently" remark - well, yes, you are right moron. Your harassment is non essential. Go home & leave people the f* alone. 

• Upvote 24
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

That "so apparently" remark - well, yes, you are right moron. Your harassment is non essential. Go home & leave people the f* alone. 

She’s big mad. It’s all in her instagram stories. Fundies are so entitled. I really don’t know who is worse. Nathan Bates or Ashley Salyer. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She’s big mad. It’s all in her instagram stories. Fundies are so entitled. I really don’t know who is worse. Nathan Bates or Ashley Salyer. 

Nathan goes and plays nurse/dental tech in other countries, Ashley convinces a women suffering from addiction & that's in an abusive relation to not have an abortion. I'm not sure which is worse, either. I'll just throw my hat into they both are major assholes ring.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

42 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

Nathan goes and plays nurse/dental tech in other countries, Ashley convinces a women suffering from addiction & that's in an abusive relation to not have an abortion. I'm not sure which is worse, either. I'll just throw my hat into they both are major assholes ring.

Right? They are both just so so horrible. I’m hoping Ashley calms the fuck down after she’s married with 3 kids 3 and under. But who knows. She could just get worse!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Since we are already talking about Ashley Salyer, I’ll leave this screen shot here. I’m glad they were told to leave. Fundies need to stop harassing people about abortion. They live in NYC. It’s a huge epicenter for the virus. They need to go home and quit harassing people about their medical decisions. 

Watched their IG stories and as of several hours ago, they were still bitching about not being able to harass people. For me, the moment of peak stupidity & asshattery came when when Ashley's buddy said they saw two very pregnant women go into the clinic but weren't able to "offer resources" to them.

Hey, Ashley -- if you and your friends weren't so fucking arrogant & stupid, you'd know that Planned Parenthood provides a lot of well-woman care, including prenatal care, at low or no cost. Way to go, you little whiners -- nothing says pro-life like denying prenatal care to pregnant women!

• Upvote 18
  • Love 5

3 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Watched their IG stories and as of several hours ago, they were still bitching about not being able to harass people. For me, the moment of peak stupidity & asshattery came when when Ashley's buddy said they saw two very pregnant women go into the clinic but weren't able to "offer resources" to them.

Hey, Ashley -- if you and your friends weren't so fucking arrogant & stupid, you'd know that Planned Parenthood provides a lot of well-woman care, including prenatal care, at low or no cost. Way to go, you little whiners -- nothing says pro-life like denying prenatal care to pregnant women!

They choose to believe all the lies that anti-choicers feed them. Women that pregnant would not be able to get an abortion. But Ashley WANTS to believe the lies. That PP performs abortions up until 40 weeks pregnant, that they murder babies born alive by cutting them up, that they sell off baby parts to the highest bidders. Because if they would actually listen to the truth, they likely wouldn’t be protesting. They need to cling to the baby murder narrative in order to get out there in the rain or cold and harass women.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Bethella unpinned this topic