IGNORED

Waiting for Prince/Princess Charming: Unmarried Fundies 8

Bethella

13 hours ago, Nolongeroppressed8.4 said:

What counts?

There first was wishing for Kelly Brown who became Bradrick! before he went to Craigslist for male prostitutes....

The next was the long process to get approved by Geoff Botkin and then when asked which girl he wanted he said “either one.”

Then in no particular order — because who can keep track — there was:

Rachel (now Denney)

A girl named Abbey or something like that? 

Another one whose name escapes me 

Another one whose name escapes me

and the new looks-15-but-really-25-marrying-a-40-year-old-chauvinist  

I knew he not so secretly harbored dreams of Kelly - he and that Caleb dude posted on their blogs constantly about Kelly (with Peter thrown in to make it all kosher) and I'd heard about the Botkin "either one" at some point along the way (now that my memory is jogged) - - but the others....I guess I no longer cared to know.

This new one - I wonder if she knows his long, long history? If she cares - or even has has the "right" to care, if this was an arranged thing with Natty and her daddy. 

Outside fundie-land, that many failed relationships would be a giant red flag. I don't mean a non fundie who dated that many people, but a non fundie who "intended marriage" with that many and never got there. 

How many pieces of those girls hears are inside his? How shredded is his heart for giving it away so many times? (Sarcasm; I don't for a second believe he actually *gave* his heart to anyone; for Natty, his heart belongs to himself and himself only).

• Upvote 12

15 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

I knew he not so secretly harbored dreams of Kelly - he and that Caleb dude posted on their blogs constantly about Kelly (with Peter thrown in to make it all kosher) and I'd heard about the Botkin "either one" at some point along the way (now that my memory is jogged) - - but the others....I guess I no longer cared to know.

This new one - I wonder if she knows his long, long history? If she cares - or even has has the "right" to care, if this was an arranged thing with Natty and her daddy. 

Outside fundie-land, that many failed relationships would be a giant red flag. I don't mean a non fundie who dated that many people, but a non fundie who "intended marriage" with that many and never got there. 

How many pieces of those girls hears are inside his? How shredded is his heart for giving it away so many times? (Sarcasm; I don't for a second believe he actually *gave* his heart to anyone; for Natty, his heart belongs to himself and himself only).

Right — it should be telling that every girl runs far and fast. I heard tell from a mutual friend of the last one she left because he insisted on driving after drinking. Because you know, he’s the man. She was not thrilled he drank in the first place — but to drive after?? She left the next day. I was pretty proud of her being at least that smart. Not desperate to get married she’d overlook those extremely telling ways. But see, she was older and closer to his age, probably on the edge of that weird VF world. The new girl looks deep into it and very VERY naive. SAHD, teaches music, active in pro-life and small politics, he has been trying for years to get elected to mall roles in his state’s government. So she’s probably just his type. Of course, once married, she probably doesn’t realize she will have to give all that up - that’s just for men, she will have to let him do whatever he wants and she had better just be okay with it and wear the skirts and let him wear the pants. I forgot to mention that I’ve heard that even though his parents don’t ascribe to the skirts only world, he does and won’t go places with his sister if she isn’t wearing a skirt. Because ... that’s somewhere in the book of Holier than Thou. 

Edited by Nolongeroppressed8.4
  • Upvote 6
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 3

36 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

I doubt she’d care anyway. This situation screams schoolgirl crush on older man. Like many other fundie girls and women, she’d been taught to wait on God to bring the right man into her life. Natty Darnell is most likely the first one to walk into her life. 
Her dad, the small time CPA, is also very involved in local politics- he was President of the local chapter of GA Right to Life. When Darnell ran for the Treasurer post last year, he went all over the state to county Republican groups, including Whitfield County (where the new intended is from). 
I feel for this girl; Darnell has Trump-sized levels of narcissism from what I’ve read on here. I’m willing to bet that these failed relationships all stem from his inability to emphasize and look beyond himself to understand other people’s feelings. 
Yes, his worst writings from his blog were mostly scrubbed out, but FJ comes up in a simple Google search of his name. I think like Pa Keller, the dad is so far, unaware of Darnell’s past. 
Natty’s almost 40; he can’t afford to let this one slip away. I’m willing to bet he is putting a carefully crafted life story out there and keeping the failed relationships and Vision Forum stuff concealed. 

• Upvote 8

I am pretty excited for Sarah Mally, and hoping her wedding doesn’t get postponed, and hoping that her fiance’s back pain gets better. They seem perfect for each other. 

• Upvote 4

On 4/21/2020 at 11:18 AM, NCLunaLovegoodFan said:

I doubt she’d care anyway. This situation screams schoolgirl crush on older man. Like many other fundie girls and women, she’d been taught to wait on God to bring the right man into her life. Natty Darnell is most likely the first one to walk into her life. 
Her dad, the small time CPA, is also very involved in local politics- he was President of the local chapter of GA Right to Life. When Darnell ran for the Treasurer post last year, he went all over the state to county Republican groups, including Whitfield County (where the new intended is from). 
I feel for this girl; Darnell has Trump-sized levels of narcissism from what I’ve read on here. I’m willing to bet that these failed relationships all stem from his inability to emphasize and look beyond himself to understand other people’s feelings. 
Yes, his worst writings from his blog were mostly scrubbed out, but FJ comes up in a simple Google search of his name. I think like Pa Keller, the dad is so far, unaware of Darnell’s past. 
Natty’s almost 40; he can’t afford to let this one slip away. I’m willing to bet he is putting a carefully crafted life story out there and keeping the failed relationships and Vision Forum stuff concealed. 

Yes, guarantee you’re right. She’s an old maid by their standards - 25 and just getting started on childbearing? Isn’t the average for these types 3-4 deep by 25? 

Apparently running around looking for a house with his parents - what a sign of 40 year old independence. ??‍♀️ Wearing the known-to-be-ineffective masks no less. ?

What even IS this?

615639CE-176D-4179-A8D3-1252FB24D819.png

0BAC2463-FD50-4EE6-9CF1-4A0460C94E5E.png

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Nolongeroppressed8.4 said:

Yes, guarantee you’re right. She’s an old maid by their standards - 25 and just getting started on childbearing? Isn’t the average for these types 3-4 deep by 25? 

Apparently running around looking for a house with his parents - what a sign of 40 year old independence. ??‍♀️ Wearing the known-to-be-ineffective masks no less. ?

What even IS this?

615639CE-176D-4179-A8D3-1252FB24D819.png

0BAC2463-FD50-4EE6-9CF1-4A0460C94E5E.png

In that photo of him peaking at her from behind the tree he looks like a used car salesman from 1977 creeping on the 16-year-old girl who just got her licence. 

• Upvote 9
  • Disgust 1
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 9

There are no words. He’s a narcissist- plain and simple- desperate to be a REAL grown up, married and living in his own house. His parents look to be in their 60s and well into the high risk for COVID-19. My parents are in that age group and high risk conditions. I have to beg THEM to stay home. 
But, hey, at least they’re all wearing masks. ?

• Upvote 8

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I swear Natty looks like he’s trying out for a 1970’s news anchor position. 

Or a 70s politician/ Mad Men 50s salesman. 

• Upvote 4

Erica Daming is engaged. She's the oldest of the siblings at around 35. I believe her brother Nathaniel is also in a relationship with someone named Tori Beth Robinson.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

40 minutes ago, albireo said:

Erica Daming is engaged. She's the oldest of the siblings at around 35. I believe her brother Nathaniel is also in a relationship with someone named Tori Beth Robinson.

I wish more fundie females got married in their 30s. I know some do. But it would be better if more did. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, albireo said:

Is her sister Monica Daming Brown married to David Brown, who is the son of Scott Brown?

Edited by hoipolloi

16 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Is her sister Monica Daming Brown, married to David Brown, who is the son of Scott Brown?

Yes, they're sisters. I don't have complete information on the family but I believe Erica is the oldest and Monica is 3rd. 

• Thank You 3

I could be very wrong, but I think Elizabeth is between Erica and Monica.  She was also unmarried and working as a midwife ('midwife'?) last time I saw (which, admittedly, was a while ago).

Getting married later has got to be a better option for those girls.  Monica was married off while she was still a teen and I would be unsurprised if she has 10 epistemologically correctly named kids by the time she's 30. 

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, uber frau said:

I could be very wrong, but I think Elizabeth is between Erica and Monica.  She was also unmarried and working as a midwife ('midwife'?) last time I saw (which, admittedly, was a while ago).

Getting married later has got to be a better option for those girls.  Monica was married off while she was still a teen and I would be unsurprised if she has 10 epistemologically correctly named kids by the time she's 30. 

Elizabeth is indeed in between Erica and Monica, and unmarried. I don't remember what she does for a job/"job."

Monica has 7 increasingly normally-named children and will turn 30 this summer, so not quite 10 but still a passel of kids.

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, uber frau said:

The boy Monica had last year is named James Edward. They either ran out of the the special names or gave up & decided to give their kid an actual name. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

18 hours ago, NCLunaLovegoodFan said:

There are no words. He’s a narcissist- plain and simple- desperate to be a REAL grown up, married and living in his own house. His parents look to be in their 60s and well into the high risk for COVID-19. My parents are in that age group and high risk conditions. I have to beg THEM to stay home. 
But, hey, at least they’re all wearing masks. ?

They're in their mid-60's I believe.... And wearing the wrong kind of masks. Facepalm. 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wish more fundie females got married in their 30s. I know some do. But it would be better if more did. 

I totally agree,  Later means more mature, although I wonder how much life experience a SAHD has had.

I also wish that more fundie women would realize that the whole SAHD Fundie Princess movement does not guarantee that young marriage with Prince Charming charging up on his white horse to ask Daddy for her hand in marriage. And it's perfectly fine if it doesn't.

Looking directly at Sarah Maxwell and the Botkinettes and sooooooo many others who keep waiting and are now considered dying on the vine spinsters by the fundies.

• Upvote 10

On 4/21/2020 at 9:11 PM, Rio said:

I am pretty excited for Sarah Mally, and hoping her wedding doesn’t get postponed, and hoping that her fiance’s back pain gets better. They seem perfect for each other. 

Me too. I'm happy for her after waiting for so long. 

The back pain stuff, and that he currently isn't working because of it, worries me a bit, but I hope it's a temporary issue. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, albireo said:

Elizabeth is indeed in between Erica and Monica, and unmarried. I don't remember what she does for a job/"job."

Monica has 7 increasingly normally-named children and will turn 30 this summer, so not quite 10 but still a passel of kids.

I was wondering how many kids they already had. Does anybody know all the names of the children? 
And does anybody know how many kids Blair Tsantles has by now? 

• Upvote 5

57 minutes ago, ophelia said:

I was wondering how many kids they already had. Does anybody know all the names of the children? 
And does anybody know how many kids Blair Tsantles has by now? 

Monica and David have seven:

1. Iona Wisdom b. January 19, 2011
  2. William Endurance b. April 1, 2012
  3. Samantha Verity b. August 2013
  4. Miles Livingston b. October 6, 2014
  5. Katherine Lee b. April 2016
  6. Sylvia Carol b. September 15, 2017
  7. James Edward b. May 26, 2019

Blair and Taylor have five:

1. Aeden Chase b. September 8, 2011
  2. Adalyn Paige b. August 25, 2012
  3. Carter Owen b. September 2013
  4. Harper b. November 2014
  5. Felicity b. July 2016
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

Thank you, @Bethella!

Looks like Blair is overdue for an announcement. 

She’s a couple of years overdue, I’m wondering if they’re preventing and/or completely done.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, Bethella said:

She’s a couple of years overdue, I’m wondering if they’re preventing and/or completely done.

It would seem likely since their first four were born in rapid succession. 

• Upvote 1

A bit off topic but I am wondering what the coronavirus is going to do to Fundy courtships and marriages over the next several months. Will there be fewer courtships and marriages because people weren't out and able to mingle, or will there be more because people have a greater chance to get on social media and get on accounts of friends of friends?

• Upvote 8

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Bethella unpinned this topic