IGNORED

Waiting for Prince/Princess Charming: Unmarried Fundies 8

Bethella

I heard a rumor that one of the original patriarchs, Gregg Harris, recently remarried. Can anyone confirm?

2 hours ago, Leftitinmysnood said:

I heard a rumor that one of the original patriarchs, Gregg Harris, recently remarried. Can anyone confirm?

Yes, Josh Harris posted on IG about it:

1506693626_GregHarrisRemarried.thumb.jpg.ce8b81265efc1a4f2d0ce911a3ad274c.jpg

• Thank You 4

On 4/6/2020 at 12:10 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Wait... huh.... whut... Natty Darnell is engaged??!!??

Since when?  Deets please.

A few weeks ago. A SAHD who is apparently 25 but looks 15. It doesn’t appear he even bought her a ring and their engagement photos mirror the styles of many wedding poses. All very odd. He’s got cowboy boots mishaping his dress pants and 1870’s (not 19...1870’s) sideburns. Totally widestancing over her fluttery self. ?????? Poor girl has no idea what she’s in for. ?

• Upvote 3

Jeremiah Campana may be in a relationship. There's a birthday acknowledgement in a Alyssa's instagram stories (reposted by at least two other family members) that shows him with a young woman who maaaaay be Shiloh Dragon with blonde highlights? However, I'm pretty bad at "spot that fundy", so it could be literally any young woman of petite stature in Florida. Whomever it is, they are close enough to be depicted holding on to each other in a very defrauding fashion in front of a Christmas tree, and the picture was selected by Alyssa to be a part of a birthday montage. So Jeremiah and Miss Mystery have possibly been dating for at least 4 months.

• Thank You 3

6 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

Jeremiah Campana may be in a relationship. There's a birthday acknowledgement in a Alyssa's instagram stories (reposted by at least two other family members) that shows him with a young woman who maaaaay be Shiloh Dragon with blonde highlights? However, I'm pretty bad at "spot that fundy", so it could be literally any young woman of petite stature in Florida. Whomever it is, they are close enough to be depicted holding on to each other in a very defrauding fashion in front of a Christmas tree, and the picture was selected by Alyssa to be a part of a birthday montage. So Jeremiah and Miss Mystery have possibly been dating for at least 4 months.

Yes, he is in a relationship. He has a public Instagram and posts about her there. Her name is Nada M. (not sure of her last name). 

Gabriella Campana is also in a relationship with David Akouka. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

16 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Yes, he is in a relationship. He has a public Instagram and posts about her there. Her name is Nada M. (not sure of her last name). 

Gabriella Campana is also in a relationship with David Akouka. 

I have never followed him, so thanks for the tip! 

Gabriella's dude really tickles me. For some reason, the concept of an aggressively self-promoting evangelical body-builder just appeals to my sense of the ridiculous in a special way.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

Gabriella's dude really tickles me. For some reason, the concept of an aggressively self-promoting evangelical body-builder just appeals to my sense of the ridiculous in a special way.

I think the bodybuilder may be his father? Either way, ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

They are building muscles for god! The more weight they can bench, the closer they are to god.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

Anyone remember the Power Team? They were ginormous body builders for Jesus -- ripping NYC phone books in half, breaking 4x4s with a dingle karate chop,  They showed up in the late 1970s from Texas.  Founded by John Jacobs.  Musclemen in tank tops and neon spandex leggings for Jesus.  It was all very odd and very very  very OTT WTF.

They did the circuit of the giant megachurches and were on TBN/ Christian TV all the time. They also did appearance in public schools.  I think the idea was see how strong and muscular we are for Jesus -- you can be strong for Jesus too. although they couldn't mention Jesus in the public schools so it was all anti-drug messages.

Jacobs and his wife were frequent guests of Paul and Jan Crouch on their show as an example of a godly, fundie, all in for Jesus marriage.  Jacobs and his wife divorced around 2000, the Power Team broke up and then some of the members formed as Team Something Else.  Power Team went bankrupt in the early 2000s. 

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Thank You 1

56 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Anyone remember the Power Team? They were ginormous body builders for Jesus -- ripping NYC phone books in half, breaking 4x4s with a dingle karate chop,  They showed up in the late 1970s from Texas.  Founded by John Jacobs.  Musclemen in tank tops and neon spandex leggings for Jesus.  It was all very odd and very very  very OTT WTF.

They did the circuit of the giant megachurches and were on TBN/ Christian TV all the time. They also did appearance in public schools.  I think the idea was see how strong and muscular we are for Jesus -- you can be strong for Jesus too. although they couldn't mention Jesus in the public schools so it was all anti-drug messages.

Jacobs and his wife were frequent guests of Paul and Jan Crouch on their show as an example of a godly, fundie, all in for Jesus marriage.  Jacobs and his wife divorced around 2000, the Power Team broke up and then some of the members formed as Team Something Else.  Power Team went bankrupt in the early 2000s. 

I feel like a Jesus Gym would be a real money maker. Someone screaming motivational prayers at you while you cycle and lift. 

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

We had a couple people like that show up at my middle school! I have no recollection if it was the legit Power Team, but they did all the same stuff, down to the phone books. At this particular performance, it was a pro-Jesus AND anti-drug double whammy, and though I thought it was cool, it was also the weirdest and most random school assembly I'd ever witnessed. I was beginning to think it was just some fever dream I had until now.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/6/2020 at 8:10 AM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Wait... huh.... whut... Natty Darnell is engaged??!!??

Since when?  Deets please.

I’m not sure this is interesting enough for its own thread.... Rachel Tenney (I can’t remember her original maiden name; after her parents divorced she changed it to Kirkpatrick) and her husband Joe have a podcast called Control Freak Christianity. The most recent episode about courtship talks about her first courtship (which was with Darnell even though they don’t name him) toward the end of the episode and it’s quite interesting!  He was weird, didn’t handle rejection well, and they think he is likely gay. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 13

42 minutes ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

I’m not sure this is interesting enough for its own thread.... Rachel Tenney (I can’t remember her original maiden name; after her parents divorced she changed it to Kirkpatrick) and her husband Joe have a podcast called Control Freak Christianity. The most recent episode about courtship talks about her first courtship (which was with Darnell even though they don’t name him) toward the end of the episode and it’s quite interesting!  He was weird, didn’t handle rejection well, and they think he is likely gay. 

Haha yeah she didn’t last long. If I recall, he claimed to others that he left her because he felt she wouldn’t be submissive enough. Truth is she barely made it a week at his family home. If I recall she even cut her visit short. 

Considering that Natty Darnell believes the following, seems she got wised up:

-women are responsible for a man lusting 

-women who get molested or raped must have done or said or acted in some way that invited it

-how a woman dresses invites rape 

-women shouldn’t be in any position of authority over a man, even in business

-Women shouldn’t run for any Political office 

-women are to submit to any man in every way 

-the only reason a relationship fails is because a woman messed it up

-women shouldn’t be allowed to work outside the home; even the home party Business stuff takes them away from their family 

-women shouldn’t even work at the church — supposed to only be at home  

Edited by Nolongeroppressed8.4
  • Upvote 2
  • WTF 6

1 hour ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

So I listened to the whole thing and I am disappointed that they lumped homosexuality in with sexual perversion like pedophilia. This is definitely a podcast I won’t be listening to again. 

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 2

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So I listened to the whole thing and I am disappointed that they lumped homosexuality in with sexual perversion like pedophilia. This is definitely a podcast I won’t be listening to again. 

Gosh, I don’t even remember hearing that!  Though I was multitasking and specifically listened to see if she’d talk about Natty. Definitely can’t endorse the podcast as a whole as that’s the first episode I’ve listened to. I started their first, but didn’t finish it. 

• Upvote 8

3 minutes ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

Gosh, I don’t even remember hearing that!  Though I was multitasking and specifically listened to see if she’d talk about Natty. Definitely can’t endorse the podcast as a whole as that’s the first episode I’ve listened to. I started their first, but didn’t finish it. 

I’ve only listened to this one episode but from what I heard, my guess is that they grew up fundie and went conservative Christian. They seem to hate the controlling aspects of fundamentalist religion, but kept some of the other stuff. They also talked a bit about how promiscuity is bad. I would love to know what their idea of promiscuity is since people seem to vary on a solid definition. I’m pretty sure they would say I was promiscuous in my dating years. Of course I don’t care if they call me promiscuous. I just don’t like the idea of promiscuity in general. It’s often used for shaming.

• Upvote 5

The most interesting part of the podcast is when she first met Natty in person, one of the first things he said to her was “you will hear some gossip that I am gay. But I want to tell you that isn’t true.” 

She thought it was an extremely strange thing to say right away. And I agree. 

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The most interesting part of the podcast is when she first met Natty in person, one of the first things he said to her was “you will hear some gossip that I am gay. But I want to tell you that isn’t true.” 

She thought it was an extremely strange thing to say right away. And I agree. 

So my life couldn't get any more secular, but when Mr. Knees and I first started dating he did bring up how he's often read as gay, but isn't. It wasn't a weird conversation and honestly, made since because it had crossed my mind (although I didn't bring it up because it seemed wrong to assume someone is gay/bi based on mannerisms, appearance, etc.)

It's really hard for me to picture bringing that up in a really homophobic context though. Wouldn't it be a bit taboo or vulgar to even talk about? I don't know. I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around that exchange.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

How many failed courtships/engagements has Natty had? 

What counts?

There first was wishing for Kelly Brown who became Bradrick! before he went to Craigslist for male prostitutes....

The next was the long process to get approved by Geoff Botkin and then when asked which girl he wanted he said “either one.”

Then in no particular order — because who can keep track — there was:

Rachel (now Denney)

A girl named Abbey or something like that? 

Another one whose name escapes me 

Another one whose name escapes me

and the new looks-15-but-really-25-marrying-a-40-year-old-chauvinist  

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Thank You 6

6 hours ago, Nolongeroppressed8.4 said:

women are to submit to any man in every way 

Assuming Natty really believes this asinine idea -- and following it to the (il)logical ridiculous fundie conclusion.  If a women is raped, isn't she just submitting to a man in every way?

Not that I believe that in any way because rape is about anger, violence, control and asserting dominance. Submission ain't got nothin' to do with it 

But really to a fundie what's the difference between marital rape -- that they don't believe is real as a wife is required to say yes always no matter what and submit -- and rape outside of marriage. Because aren't women to always submit to a every man in every way?

Is the difference to them the marriage vows?  Married woman having coerced sex = good submissive wife.  Unmarried woman have coerced sex = jezebel slut who tempted him beyond control.

According to their "women must submit to every man in every way" edict no woman is luring anyone, she's submitting and no man is taking anything by force, because she's submitting.

It's so very effed up and contradictory and makes No. Sense. At. All.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 13

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Bethella unpinned this topic