IGNORED

The Social Distancing Culture Wars

PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea

The Atlantic has an article about how social distancing is a new culture war battleground, with "libertarians" and Trump supporters deciding it's a big hoax and ain't nobody can tell them what to do. if you've wondered what's up with the Duggars and Caldwells thinking this is a great time for giant family visits, here's your answer.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/03/social-distancing-culture/609019

It doesn't really surprise me, but it makes me sad that these people are going to spread it a lot, including to health care workers. I hope Abbie at least (as a former nurse) is being a little more sensible, but probably not.

• Upvote 6

12 minutes ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

The Atlantic has an article about how social distancing is a new culture war battleground, with "libertarians" and Trump supporters deciding it's a big hoax and ain't nobody can tell them what to do. if you've wondered what's up with the Duggars and Caldwells thinking this is a great time for giant family visits, here's your answer.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/03/social-distancing-culture/609019

It doesn't really surprise me, but it makes me sad that these people are going to spread it a lot, including to health care workers. I hope Abbie at least (as a former nurse) is being a little more sensible, but probably not.

What’s crazy is that there have been a lot of middle aged people hospitalized with coronavirus. JB and Michelle could end up in the hospital. Sure the rate of death isn’t high for their age group. But do they really want to spend days in the hospital isolated from their family? 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • I Agree 5

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

What’s crazy is that there have been a lot of middle aged people hospitalized with coronavirus. JB and Michelle could end up in the hospital. Sure the rate of death isn’t high for their age group. But do they really want to spend days in the hospital isolated from their family? 

I agree, it's nuts! I think they don't think it'll happen to them and that it's just the "Chinese flu" and not that dangerous. Being rural might help them, but being surrounded by like half their county won't. Yikes.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But do they really want to spend days in the hospital isolated from their family? 

Spending days in hospital, probably not. 

Spending days isolated from their family sounds like something they’d probably be happy with. It’s not like they haven’t gone off by themselves before and left the older kids to cope, and that was when everyone was a lot younger.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Topaz said:

Spending days in hospital, probably not. 

Spending days isolated from their family sounds like something they’d probably be happy with. It’s not like they haven’t gone off by themselves before and left the older kids to cope, and that was when everyone was a lot younger.

JB wouldn’t be able to be in control if he was sick in the hospital. I think it would bug him. It might not bother Michelle though. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 1