IGNORED

Dillards 84: Craving Attention

samurai_sarah

Dillon's restaurant has been open, so I assume there were others there. They are in Springdale, I if they weren't eating, they needed to be wearing masks. Especially given that Springdale is a current hotspot. Megan Godfrey has posted about how bad it is on her IG.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

I think at the moment it could mean a variety of things

” hey look, I’m out with grown ups, freedom from baby! yay!” 
-or-

“ hey look, things are open again, I can get out of my house! Freedom!” 

-or-

“ I won’t wear a mask and you can’t make me! Freedum! “ 

Oh yes I didn’t think of any of those things. Der me.... how obvious. I was more thinking along Fj conspiracy lines to think it could just all be a normal thing. 

• Upvote 3

Isn’t the Dillons place a whiskey bar?

Maybe freedom means that she can actually go there without feeling guilty.

• Upvote 21

Also interesting that last night was JB's birthday celebration at TTH and it appears they had a big party. 

Freedom from staged, televised birthday parties where everyone keeps sweet, talks about how godly the birthday person is and pretends to be surprised by a "big announcement" perhaps? 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 3

Jill looks gorgeous in that photo. Her hair is a nice length instead of just as long as possible, the outfit flatters her, and she looks genuinely happy. Good for her! 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 8

I find it interesting that there was no "Happy Birthday Dad" post on IG. NOW I'm trying to remember if she said something on Father's day. I'm almost positive she acknowledged Michelle on mother's day. ?? Hell, now I need to go back and look.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, mair73 said:

I find it interesting that there was no "Happy Birthday Dad" post on IG. NOW I'm trying to remember if she said something on Father's day. I'm almost positive she acknowledged Michelle on mother's day. ?? Hell, now I need to go back and look.

I think her only Father’s Day post was about how to be sensitive towards people without fathers or with abusive fathers. We had lots of speculation if she meant Derrick, herself or both

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, mair73 said:

Jill did acknowledge JB briefly in the caption of her Father’s Day post. By briefly I mean barely there but still there. 

Spoiler

E43CD28A-51CB-4F8F-9325-52D984E39BE1.thumb.jpeg.2eedf6df3414669473207357a936a748.jpeg

As for JB’s birthday, the only people who made him a birthday post were Anna and Michelle. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

On 7/18/2020 at 4:28 PM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I believe they are doing some form of preventing unless she has lied about their sex life in her posts on the subject. It's unlikely a person with average fertility would have sex 3-5 times per week and not conceive for years. She certainly doesn't seem like she is sad not to have more babies right now.

While of all of the Duggarlings she is most likely to be doing something to prevent, and I wouldn't be totally surprised if she was, going 3 yrs without being pregnant is not impossible.  Look at Martha Alexander.  She got secondary infertility despite being in a clan known for their rabbit like reproductivity.  Jill may very well be intentionally not getting pregnant.  I hope she is.  And she definitely hasn't shared any sorrow or wishes of having another baby now, but with the Duggars until I hear her say that she is purposefully preventing, I won't assume it to be true.  

• Upvote 12

Something about the high waist of that jumpsuit, and the cropped at the ankle, plus the heels, throws me off.. Perhaps flats or a bit longer pant.. it is cute, she just looks "chopped' to me.

• Upvote 2

Jill has another sponsored Instagram post. This time it's for modest swimwear. Most of the items she got look safe to swim in. I have been interested in the company myself. I choose to be more covered up in public pools. It's not a choice based on religion. I just makes me more comfortable. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

33 minutes ago, DarkAnts said:

Jill has another sponsored Instagram post. This time it's for modest swimwear. Most of the items she got look safe to swim in. I have been interested in the company myself. I choose to be more covered up in public pools. It's not a choice based on religion. I just makes me more comfortable. 

I actually liked some of the pieces she showed like the racer back top and the swim shorts. With two young kids, I prefer more covered up swimwear because my kids hang all over me especially at the lake. I would never swim in full length leggings lol but at least they appear to be safe, fitted swimwear.

• Upvote 6

11 minutes ago, Sullie06 said:

I actually liked some of the pieces she showed like the racer back top and the swim shorts. With two young kids, I prefer more covered up swimwear because my kids hang all over me especially at the lake. I would never swim in full length leggings lol but at least they appear to be safe, fitted swimwear.

I liked the tanks too. Im guilty of the typical mommy suit - the tankini with shorts or a skirt. I bought ones that are almost board short style but shorter this year and love them. But a nice tank can be hard to find. 

• Upvote 4

She's come a long way since Wholesome Swimwear. Even though Modli is still extremely modest, it must feel very freeing to wear knee-showing, shoulder-bearing, skin-tight swimwear--not to mention safer! It's also so much better than JRod's wet-normal-clothing route. The pieces aren't my style personally (for various reasons), but I'm happy for her.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Add some pockets, support, and a thin pad on the butt and this is basically a tri suit.

Screenshot_20200722-094814_Instagram.thumb.jpg.f75e0ad034442aace5b82bad8cfb320f.jpg

Screenshot_20200722-095011_Chrome.thumb.jpg.227bd38c4d5040f36e0adc19f4a63c60.jpg

I haven't bought a "fashion suit" in at least a decade. I just use either training or old competitive style suits if I go to Hawaii. If I swim outside here, I usually wear a wetsuit so it doesn't matter. 

The leggings are kind of cool, I could see using them while kayaking or I situation where I could get wet but aren't trying to be in the water 100%, and it's warm but not hot. 

• Upvote 6

I wear a long sleeve swim shirt (with a bikini top under it) and regular bathing suit bottoms. I mean - I get it - she's chasing after two little boys in the pool and doesn't want to have to think about something being exposed. It's a long way from frumper swim suits and I get it. (I wear a long sleeve swim shirt because I haaaaaate putting on sunscreen only to miss some critical areas. Best to cover it up and not have to worry about that weird spot on my back getting burnt).

Edited by Meggo
  • Upvote 10

I got some of the biker short style swim bottoms for my Tankini last year, and I am never going back to regular bottoms. No riding up! I'm in it for the comfort, not the modesty- I would even consider the short sleeved top for sun exposure.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I have never been super comfortable in a bathing suit, even at my thinnest. I usually go for the little dress ones. I even wore one to an amusement park one year. Looked like I had a cute mini dress on. I would probably wear the one with the skirt along with a tank. Overall, she looks good and its a hell of a lot better than the Duggar monstrosities of the past. 

• Upvote 4

Yeah I’ve seen a lot of ads for modli, they seem to cater to those who want more coverage in general. A lot of comments from people concerned about skin cancer etc. I think it’s nice for people to have options. 

She even said she was considering shorter swim shorts. 

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, purple_summer said:

Yeah I’ve seen a lot of ads for modli, they seem to cater to those who want more coverage in general. A lot of comments from people concerned about skin cancer etc. I think it’s nice for people to have options. 

She even said she was considering shorter swim shorts. 

I have seen them on FB and liked several of the suits they had. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

And no need to worry about trimming the bikini line! I might actually check them out. I've been wanting to get some kind of rashguard or swim shirt for trips when I don't plan to swim but MIGHT and that way my shoulders aren't getting burnt to a crisp.

How do families with overflowing quivers even AFFORD enough Wholesomewear for everyone?? Those things are expensive. 

Edited by Grace
  • Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, Grace said:

And no need to worry about trimming the bikini line! I might actually check them out. I've been wanting to get some kind of rashguard or swim shirt for trips when I don't plan to swim but MIGHT and that way my shoulders aren't getting burnt to a crisp.

How do families with overflowing quivers even AFFORD enough Wholesomewear for everyone?? Those things are expensive. 

Yes, like going to a beach (one not crowded of course), you might not swim but you might still be near the water. I rarely wear a suit as I rarely get a chance to  swim and without going on vacation this year, I guess I won't. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Yes, like going to a beach (one not crowded of course), you might not swim but you might still be near the water. I rarely wear a suit as I rarely get a chance to  swim and without going on vacation this year, I guess I won't. 

If I'm in the indoor pool with my kiddo - I just wear a regular bathing suit - but I'm a total loon when it comes to sun protection. Slater me up in the highest SPF I can find, stick me in a long sleeve swim shirt, put a big floppy hat on and THEN sit under an umbrella. I hate sunburns. 

My kiddo thinks that ALL swim outfits just have a shirt. And knows that if he's not screened up - he doesn't get to play. (I remind him all the time of how his Bampa is missing part of his ear because he didn't wear sunscreen growing up - and that usually works) 

• Upvote 2

It still looks uncomfortable to me but to be honest, I prefer most to swim naked. I hate the feeling of wet fabric against my skin so I like to limit the amount while swimming. But since I am not super comfortable with my body outside of the water I usually have a middle ground with a high waisted bikini. Actually wearing pants and shirts while swimming (not kayaking or surfing or anything) is way too much for me.

That being said: this is the kind of modest swimwear that still makes sense. Compared to what they had before it is a major step.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

• samurai_sarah locked this topic