IGNORED

Dillards 84: Craving Attention

samurai_sarah

I wouldn't be surprised if they were done given how traumatic and expensive her births were. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if they had one or two more with planned csections. More than that or another botched home birth really would, though.

• Upvote 6

I do enjoy Jill's Instagram. I hope she finds an interests outside of being a mom and a wife. At some point in the last year she dropped the kids off at church for free child care so she could meet up with Derick between deliveries. He had to cancel. She went into Instagram to crowdsource ideas on what to do with her child free time. Most moms I know would call up a friend and go get coffee or wine. Or, they would make a target run and do a home spa night. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Pleiades_06 said:

Your words “time alone” made me realize she’s probably never had much time alone from kids. Ever. I would feel so burned out in her place.

Jill's been "raising" kids for 22 years & she's only 29.  

• Upvote 22
  • Sad 7
  • WTF 1

4 hours ago, DarkAnts said:

I do enjoy Jill's Instagram. I hope she finds an interests outside of being a mom and a wife. At some point in the last year she dropped the kids off at church for free child care so she could meet up with Derick between deliveries. He had to cancel. She went into Instagram to crowdsource ideas on what to do with her child free time. Most moms I know would call up a friend and go get coffee or wine. Or, they would make a target run and do a home spa night. 

In all honesty I wouldn’t have any idea what to do.  I work full time, and I’m in grad school and I have 3 little kids. I don’t have friends who can just drop everything spontaneously to go get coffee.

I would probably just take a nap in my car.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Jill's smile is beaming. Yes she's always been fairly smiley, but that smile (in the tye dye) is a real happy one. 

• Upvote 5

On 7/11/2020 at 7:36 AM, Glasgowghirl said:

Jill's threads have been keeping me amused the past day or so. 

Yesterday my family suffered a horrible loss, my auntie Mary died in a house fire, my cousin and his 9 year old son had being staying with her too but had gone Loch Lomond fishing with a friend and his son. 

I am so very sorry. 

32 minutes ago, CorruptionInc. said:

Jill's smile is beaming. Yes she's always been fairly smiley, but that smile (in the tye dye) is a real happy one. 

She is. And it looks like the kids are socializing with actually friends, not just their cousins. And if she is taking time out to run, good for her. She needs some me time. 

• Upvote 7

I want to ask about Jill having a friend, Rachel. I've seen Jill's posts with/about her here that you guys have shared and I'm interested. Where did she meet Rachel, at their church? A previous church? Through a mutual friend? Is this one of the first real friends she's had that wasn't a BFF sister or someone through a church or IBLP (or whatever) family that was "approved" by JB? Do we know if any of her sisters have a true friend that wasn't acquired via the above mentioned JB-approved methods? And finally, do any of her sisters have a true friend acquired all by themselves (assuming Jill became friends with Rachel all by herself?) I know Laura is a good friend of Jana's, but that friendship appears to be righteously approved.

This is interesting to me because it may be an example of Jill learning and being allowed to think and act for herself instead of only in a way that is pleasing to JB. Does she need Derick's approval for such a friendship or for making plans for herself and/or the kids that don't involve Derick or does she simply fill him in on a) what they are going to do, or b) what they have done?

A lot of questions, I know, but I find this topic fascinating and I don't know why

• Upvote 4

Not 100% sure when Rachel and Jill met, but I think they live very nearby. Possibly even on the same housing development where the Dillards bought their house? 

She has two similar age sons, so maybe they just kept running into each other and their boys got along and it developed from there. It looks like they've been friends since summer 2019. From her Instagram, she is a Christian, sells Rodan and Fields, drinks wine and has been married for 8 years. 

Other than Joy and Carlin (does that count?), this appears to be one of the more genuine friendships for the Duggar daughters. 

I know that Jinger is often seen with non-IBLP friends but it's a safe assumption that they are all Jeremy's relationships. 

@Bobology agree that this is interesting because she's not some JTTH friend (Laura) or a long-time family friend (Carlin) and it appears to be a natural friendship.

Edited by HideousGreenShirt
Additional thought
  • Upvote 10

I am wondering if Rachel went to public school and if her oldest is starting school with Israel. If so, I wonder if she encouraged Jill to send him to public school and kind of backed up Derick on sending Izzy to public school.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Rachel Virden shills Rodan + Fields, so I was concerned that she was using Jill for her IG following.  Jill has posted some ads for her but not many.  Hopefully this is a real friendship. 

• Upvote 5

Normally I’d think a fundy was lying and just didn’t intend to share the “big brother” picture until they were ready to announce. But with Jill I believe her. For her sake I hope she’s in a good place having two kids and doesn’t bow to pressure to have more if she’s not 100%. I’m enjoying watching her come into herself. Hopefully she and Derrick go full blown liberal eventually!

• Upvote 8

5 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Normally I’d think a fundy was lying and just didn’t intend to share the “big brother” picture until they were ready to announce. But with Jill I believe her. For her sake I hope she’s in a good place having two kids and doesn’t bow to pressure to have more if she’s not 100%. I’m enjoying watching her come into herself. Hopefully she and Derrick go full blown liberal eventually!

It will never happen, but at least she wont' have to live such a backwards life and her kids can have opportunities for an education and an actual career. Maybe she can too. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

I would love for Jill to find out about Khan academy online. I've been using it to review a few concepts I couldn't remember clearly for some tests I had to take. It's been so long since I've taken math and science and I've been having such a good time at it that I've decided to work my way through several different courses. It doesn't cost anything and I like that it uses mastery learning. 

I know recently we saw a picture of one of the Rodrigues boys up late at night with a math book in front of him and I wish they'd fit the Rodrigues kids could learn on this also. Jill would never allow it because not only does it use the internet but there's a section in biology on evolution!

• Upvote 5

Jill doesn't h ave to be "besties" with anyone, but to me it's encouraging she is spending time with other young mothers of young children.In normal person's life, there are some people who come into your life that you won't be best friends with for life, but you engage with because you are compatible and at the same stage--in this case, mothers of young children. If she is interacting with women at that level, good for her. Huge leap forward IMO. And the kids playing together like normal kids a huge plus.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

I don't know what it is, but I have come to like Jill much more than Jessa, Jinger, etc. Jill appears to be human, and somehow much more relatable (even though our lives could not have been more different).

• I Agree 10
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I am wondering if Rachel went to public school and if her oldest is starting school with Israel. If so, I wonder if she encouraged Jill to send him to public school and kind of backed up Derick on sending Izzy to public school.

Rachel's son is going to be attending Israel's school too.

• Thank You 7

Jill and Derrick will not go liberal, but at least their kids might at some point.

They are the grandduggars that have the best chance of becoming free and make their own decisions when they are older.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 8

I think mainstream conservative is the best we can hope for from any of the kidult Duggerings.  I'd love to see Jackson, Johanna, Jenni, Jordyn & Josie go buck wild & go to community college and get jobs with bosses and schedules, wear pants & shorts and date who ever the fuck they want to. 

• Upvote 12

JILL HAS BLACK FRIENDS

IN HER HOME

Spoiler

653BD3CD-1680-4CCF-A5B0-1BE289EFD6B7.thumb.png.69aec79d2f4407090442e822145b7765.png

Spoiler

DAB6091A-C7EF-4ED3-971B-361E16FB77AD.thumb.png.619f1d19f413a88e29582af37b5c2f95.png

I know I’ve talked about growing up in a mostly white town- this might go over people’s heads but saying “of course I have black friends” and actually inviting said black people into your home/allowing them to interact with your kids are two VERY different things. 

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 2

4 minutes ago, purple_summer said:

JILL HAS BLACK FRIENDS

IN HER HOME

Reveal hidden contents

653BD3CD-1680-4CCF-A5B0-1BE289EFD6B7.thumb.png.69aec79d2f4407090442e822145b7765.png

Reveal hidden contents

DAB6091A-C7EF-4ED3-971B-361E16FB77AD.thumb.png.619f1d19f413a88e29582af37b5c2f95.png

I know I’ve talked about growing up in a mostly white town- this might go over people’s heads but saying “of course I have black friends” and actually inviting said black people into your home/allowing them to interact with your kids are two VERY different things. 

And not just a big deal for Jill to invite a Black friend over, but for said friend to like/trust Jill enough and accept the invite. I’m actually not surprised that this is Jill - of all the Duggars, she seems to be the most empathetic and interested in other people.

Edited by mpheels
Friend vs fried
  • Upvote 13
  • Downvote 1

Thanks to all those who offered their kind words in regards to my aunts sudden passing it has been a tough few days. 

I am so glad to see Jill happy, a couple of years ago, I felt so sorry for her as she always seemed miserable in pictures. 

• Love 18

I read that  Jill has black friends and thought I was still on the Rodrigues thread. phew. I was shocked for a minute.

• Haha 8

37 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I read that  Jill has black friends and thought I was still on the Rodrigues thread. phew. I was shocked for a minute.

Me too!!

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I’d be super suspicious if that was the case?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

On 7/13/2020 at 6:40 PM, sableduck said:

In all honesty I wouldn’t have any idea what to do.  I work full time, and I’m in grad school and I have 3 little kids. I don’t have friends who can just drop everything spontaneously to go get coffee.

I would probably just take a nap in my car.

Done that while OneKid was on the birthday party circuit. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic