IGNORED

Royals with COVID 19

tabitha2

Prince Christian of Denmark has tested positive following an an outbreak at his school. He’s currently isolating away from the rest of his family. Useful to live in a palace in times like these. 

• Upvote 4

One of his parents has to tend him Of course the other can look after the younger children. It’s not thought  he has visited his Grandmother  recently so that’s a relief 

On 11/26/2020 at 3:32 PM, tabitha2 said:

Swedens Prince Carl Phillip and Princess Sofia have caught now caught COVID After attending a family funeral. They are Suffering minor symptoms and in isolation with their children. 

They announced they are expecting their third child, a girl.

Hopefully, neither mother nor daughter will have to deal with lingering effects from the infection. 
Since the last baby, they have cut down the „official“ members that are supported by public funds, it will be interesting if an official announcement to the government will be made and if the new baby will carry a title.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

On 12/11/2020 at 4:02 PM, just_ordinary said:

They announced they are expecting their third child, a girl.

No where has it been announced that they’re having a girl. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, viii said:

No where has it been announced that they’re having a girl. 

Interesting. I wanted to screenshot the article but it has changed since then. Maybe they translated the Swedish announcement wrong at first? I cannot find the mentioning of the sex now. We will have to wait I guess.

Thanks for correcting!

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

The Queen and Prince Philip have had their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, no word on whether it was the Pfizer one or the Oxford one. Apparently the Queen wanted it to be known they’d had the vaccine to end speculation about when/whether they’d had it done. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55602007

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

So much for super immunity and dropping masking with high levels of virus floating around. 

• Upvote 6

Apropos of nothing, if I had to have lunch with any member of the BRF I'd pick Camilla.  Not for any dirt or anything, she just seems of all of them the most pleasant like she would put people at ease.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

https://news.sky.com/story/queen-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-buckingham-palace-says-12538848

Queen tests positive for coronavirus

The monarch, 95, is experiencing mild cold-like symptoms and expects to continue light duties at Windsor this week, the palace said.

I hope she has a mild case. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

On 2/14/2022 at 11:48 AM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Apropos of nothing, if I had to have lunch with any member of the BRF I'd pick Camilla.  Not for any dirt or anything, she just seems of all of them the most pleasant like she would put people at ease.  

She’s grown on me over the years and I’d agree with you now. 

Edited by Giraffe
Years & tears are different words
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Even in a mild case at her age is no mild case. 

Agreed.  I hope she gets better. It would be sad if instead of celebrating her Jubilee, people had to mourn her death.

The report I read speculated that she will  be getting anti-virals. She will have the best care possible, and I think she has the will to live until the Jubilee celebrations this summer.    But who knows… 

As we get older, little things can knock us out.

Edited by EmCatlyn
Clarify.
  • Upvote 1

My friend's 93-year-old mother had a very, very mild case and never slowed down.  I'm hoping for the same type case for the Queen.

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...

2000 unmasked people singing?  How many caught it we won't hear about?

• Upvote 11

Right? Lots of Elderly people at the various funeral events And the Danish Queen is not in the best of health in the first place plus a chain smoker. Not to be terrible but she may be the next old school Royal we may lose. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

Not to be terrible but she may be the next old school Royal we may lose. 

The London services were an obvious superspreader event and I saw very few masks being worn at any time. 

It's ironic but COVID may achieve what multiple revolutions & governmental overthrows could not -- a permanent reduction in the ranks of European monarchy.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

Even the Black Death only managed to off one King and all the older Monarchs have plenty young(ish) healthy heirs so that may be a bit much :)

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

2000 unmasked people singing?  How many caught it we won't hear about?

I made the observation to hubby that there are still lots of Covid cases in the UK each day, and not one single mask was to be seen at the church wrap.

This is Queen Margrethe’s second bout of Covid this year. I hope she recovers well.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1