IGNORED

Royals with COVID 19

tabitha2

First Albert of Monaco and The pretender Archduke of Austria  and it’s has been announced today Prince Charles has tested Positive. Camilla has tested Negative . 

Obviously he is not seeing his parents or his grandchildren but I seriously hope it’s not shutting the barn door too late.

• Upvote 4

With the way most Royals work and travel it’s not really surprising some will test positive. The King and Queen of The Netherlands just got back from Singapore for example. I expect more to before all is said and done. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Apparently he last saw the Queen on 12th March, so almost two weeks. So who knows.

• Upvote 2

Any infected royalty will have the best medical care money can buy. I doubt Charles or the Queen would be denied respirators, for example. They will be fine.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

Charles is in excellent health normally but Considering the Queens and Phillips Age and his health that’s not really a given. 

• Upvote 2

Prince Albert of Monaco was confirmed a few days ago. He met with Charles about 11 days ago. This was after he was last with QE, so hopefully the contagion has not spread to the Queen.

• Upvote 3

23 hours ago, SweetJuly said:

Any infected royalty will have the best medical care money can buy. I doubt Charles or the Queen would be denied respirators, for example. They will be fine.

Yeah, I have a hard time feeling sorry for them when hundreds of people around the world are dying because they can’t get testing or there isn’t enough respirators out there. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 5

No one asked you to feel sorry for them and I know He will almost surely be just fine. I was just posting relevant Royal information in section for that.Hoping it does not pass to more vulnerable older members of his family and hoping he gets well soon is enough. 

• Upvote 2

A lot of people here in Scotland are angry that Charles ignored the travel ban and potentially endangered others. When they are asking everyone else to limit themselves to one walk outside a day, not travel unless strictly necessary and avoid contact with other people it's a bit much for the royal family to completely disregard this. 

• Upvote 8

UPDATE: they now reckon that some of Charles's royal entourage may have spread the virus into the village of Ballater :(

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 9
  • WTF 4

I Have read  various sources they were having a hard time getting regular Brits to abide by Quarantine rules, they were still partying and dismissing  health concerns. If that is true I don’t suppose you can really  narrow down who infects who and when and where. A Royal party could have or someone coming back from from out of town or person just back from vacation overseas  

The Royal family needs to set a good example, especially in times of a national crisis. When the Prince of Wales defies government advice to stay at his main residence and instead travels the length of the country to escape to his holiday home, it's selfish and reckless at best. At worst you could call it a disgusting display of entitlement and double standards.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, SweetJuly said:

The Royal family needs to set a good example, especially in times of a national crisis. When the Prince of Wales defies government advice to stay at his main residence and instead travels the length of the country to escape to his holiday home, it's selfish and reckless at best. At worst you could call it a disgusting display of entitlement and double standards.

Exactly. Although I would argue they've never set an exactly stellar example before so they probably don't see why they have to now.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2

• 2 months later...

Prince Joachim of Belgium apparently tested positive after attending a party in Spain.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Topaz said:

Prince Joachim of Belgium apparently tested positive after attending a party in Spain.

Well that's what happens when good sense goes out the door.  Attended a party?  Now?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Shocking, spoiled rich people with superfluous titles don't have to follow the rules, or are allowed to break rules without consequence.  Bored rich Europeans behave as badly as board poor American's do. 

In theory only Charles is safe at the moment, since he should have immunity. Now aren't Camilla & Ann both over 70 they are at higher risk and should probably be left at home, same as the Queen & Prince Philip. 

Though this only leaves Charles, William, Catherine, Edward & Sophie to do in person royal duties, and W&C have small children at home.

22 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

W&C have small children at home.

Neither of them can work because they have small children at home?  Why is that?

Considering they are supposed to be providing some service with whatever they do I wonder how that excuse flies with the common folk who have to earn a living even when they have little ones.

• Upvote 6

William Has started out on Royal duties again about a week ago and Catherine stepped out today. Presumably Nanny Maria and whatever other help they have are caring for children like they always have and I assume teaching them for the time being as well. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Swedens Prince Carl Phillip and Princess Sofia have caught now caught COVID After attending a family funeral. They are Suffering minor symptoms and in isolation with their children. 

• Upvote 1

Princess Michael of Kent has reportedly been suffering from Covid for some weeks. Her husband has tested negative.