• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
clueliss

WTF Fundies!?

JermajestyDuggar

I feel sorry for people like this. They believe the fake news that our president often perpetuates and they pay the ultimate price for it. 

akinom
On 3/26/2020 at 1:50 AM, Jigsaw3 said:

The New England Journal of Medicine published a set of recommendations for triage of COVID-19 patients this week: basically, medical ethical principles to use when deciding which people should get ventilators if there are not enough to go around.

(Bolding mine.) So I don't think Abbott and his cronies should assume there will be a ventilator ready and waiting for them if they become critically ill.

Don’t hospitals in the US have ethical guidelines already? I’m a nurse, and we have a national standard in Sweden for medical ethics and what that means for triaging patients.

Jigsaw3
19 hours ago, akinom said:

Don’t hospitals in the US have ethical guidelines already? I’m a nurse, and we have a national standard in Sweden for medical ethics and what that means for triaging patients.

I don't work in US hospitals, so I'm not an expert. My understanding is that the NEJM published these as guidance specifically for COVID-19, as most doctors currently don't have to make decisions like choosing which patient gets a ventilator when there aren't enough to go around.

It's such an awful situation...

Red Hair, Black Dress
Posted (edited)

I'm sorry (not sorry) but Pulpit and Pen is a IDIOT. He's welcome to gather all he wants with other idiots, but he is not free to go about possibly infecting other people because he's an IDIOT.

No clue where he lives, but the post office near me is open but empty, the UPS store is closed, there are very few people on the streets. The grocery stores are sparsely populated and people keep their social distance. The gov ordered the schools here closed until April 24; my office has mandatory WFH until April 30, and many churches are live streaming services from empty buildings with only the pastor/ priest and a few widely spaced out choir members/ musicians.

And I'm not sure I believe that Christians are the only ones keeping, hospitals and charities open with their 10% tithes and without them hospitals, food banks, charities, shelters and the like would all close.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress

Giraffe
3 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

Here's a winner. The commenters at The Wartburg Watch have been having fun with it:

https://pulpitandpen.org/2020/03/31/may-god-help-you-feckless-cowards-who-canceled-worship-to-honor-caesar/

Perhaps me being BEC, but I’m amused by the number of ads on pulpit & pen’s page. Ironic, especially on a post about “rendering unto Caesar.”

Unimpressed
CyborgKin

And I roll my eyes at Pulpit & Pen getting all upset at 'cancelling Sunday worship' as I don't see anything in my bible saying "thou shalt have Sunday worship in church buildings"

Giraffe
11 minutes ago, CyborgKin said:

And I roll my eyes at Pulpit & Pen getting all upset at 'cancelling Sunday worship' as I don't see anything in my bible saying "thou shalt have Sunday worship in church buildings"

This is what’s been weird to me, too. The New Testament makes it clear church is the people not the building, and where does it even specify it has to be on a Sunday? The only (NT) verse I can think of that talks about church only refers to “don’t forsake fellowship.” It doesn’t spell out what that fellowship should look like or how often it should meet though. These people up in arms about online church not being legitimate are reading into verses in ways that are convenient for them but if the rest of us did the same thing in order to reach our preferred conclusion they’d call foul! The hypocrisy. It burns.