• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
clueliss

Man (Stories) during Corona

ADoyle90815
On 12/23/2020 at 7:26 AM, nokidsmom said:

Event contract cancellation terms can vary in flexibility and honestly back when I planned big events while I was at The Big Company I hated doing those contracts.   If there was a need to cancel, and the Big Company had a penchant for doing that on a regular basis when they needed to cut costs, we would be stuck shelling out serious cash anyway. 

That said, I have wondered how couples are managing with cancellation clauses in their contracts due to Covid and unfortunately this venue was not going to be flexible.   I imagine some others are, though, probably for the reason above: bad publicity, even local, will hurt them more.    And it could help those venues recover post pandemic if they are known to be accommodating in a crisis versus the competition who wasn't. 

I'm just relieved that we hadn't started actively planning our wedding, originally set for May of 2021, but over the summer, we decided it was better to just postpone it until 2022. Most who had already been planning weddings had just cut it way back to the couple, officiant, and witnesses with the ceremony being streamed online.

Black Aliss
On 12/22/2020 at 5:29 AM, 47of74 said:

It’s frustrating watching the fuzz calmly try to reason with this bastard when they should have cuffed him and dragged his ass down town. 

That's called "white privilege"

AmazonGrace

So this person who wants to run for Congress from NY in 2022 attended the Mar-a-Lago super spreader event maskless and is now upset that people are upset with him.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 3

AmazonGrace

Thems Bad People

JMarie
On 1/3/2021 at 6:33 AM, AmazonGrace said:

So this person who wants to run for Congress from NY in 2022 attended the Mar-a-Lago super spreader event maskless and is now upset that people are upset with him.

His fiancee has been working 12 hour shifts, 7 days a week, for the past 9 months, while living in New York, and still found time to jet on down to Florida for a Trumpless Trump party. Wow.

47of74

Why I want to move out of Iowa in a nutshell

A large but peaceful group of protesters that has concerns about mask mandates and vaccination guidelines gathered inside the Rotunda.

The group is called Informed Choice Iowa and about 200 of them gathered at the Statehouse

They chanted “freedom” repeatedly and several members used a bullhorn to speak to their supporters.

None of the people in the protest wore masks. They say Gov. Kim Reynolds has abused the emergency powers act by mandating masks.

I don't know what reality they're all viewing but she has done next to nothing in the pandemic.

47of74

That's the hill you're gonna die hard on, Bruce?

Bruce Willis was asked to leave a Los Angeles Rite Aid on Monday after he refused to wear a mask, a spy tells Page Six.

The spy says people inside the store became upset that Willis, 65, wasn’t wearing a mask — despite having a bandanna tied around his neck, which he could have easily pulled up.

We’re told the “Die Hard” star, who was photographed at the store without a mask on, walked away without making his purchase.

A rep for Willis didn’t return Page Six’s request for comment.

I hope the employees told him (in an Alan Rickman voice) Yipee-ki-yay mother fucker. 

AmazonGrace

I'm a grown man so I don't want to have any adult responsibility. 

47of74
11 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Yeah I was just heading over here to make mention myself of Florida Karen's anti-mask adventures.

When Cindy Falco DiCorrado, a 61-year-old resident of nearby Boynton Beach, refused to wear a mask upon entering Einstein Bros. around 11 AM, a store manager called cops.

While waiting for Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office deputies to arrive, DiCorrado declared, “I’m an American and I’m allowed to breathe. And it’s against my religion. And it’s against the amendment.” As she referenced purported legal citations proving that it was illegal to require masks inside a private business, an onlooker asked her, “Shouldn’t you be storming the Capitol?”

As seen in the above videos, a deputy calmly tried to convince DiCorrado to leave the shop, but she told him, “You need to read the Constitution!” and “Get you hands off of me.” She also claimed that the cop was “kidnapping” her when he grasped her wrist.

DiCorrado, who is a registered Republican, was arrested last May for trespassing and resisting at a West Palm Beach restaurant where two of her friends had been arrested a day earlier (apparently as part of a mask protest). DiCorrado told cops she was on the property because her friends “wanted to hold signs to the public.”

If you read on, yeah she's a complete Branch Trumpvidian. 

What amendment would that be lady?  The one that says you have a constitutional right to be a dumbass?

Ozlsn
35 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Yeah I was just heading over here to make mention myself of Florida Karen's anti-mask adventures.

If you read on, yeah she's a complete Branch Trumpvidian. 

What amendment would that be lady?  The one that says you have a constitutional right to be a dumbass?

It is the exact same mentality as the people who entered the Capitol buildings. I am white, middle class, and therefore I am not a criminal and should face no consequences for anything I want to do. 

Why do these idiots fail to understand what the first amendment actually says? Oh well, hope they add resisting arrest or equivalent to her trespassing charges.

Ozlsn
42 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

“I’m an American and I’m allowed to breathe. And it’s against my religion. And it’s against the amendment.”

Well she's got 2 out 4 right, but given that masks don't prevent you breathing I'm not sure that either of those two have any relevance. I'm sure in her mind she's Rosa Parks.

47of74
On 1/16/2021 at 2:26 PM, Ozlsn said:

It is the exact same mentality as the people who entered the Capitol buildings. I am white, middle class, and therefore I am not a criminal and should face no consequences for anything I want to do. 

Why do these idiots fail to understand what the first amendment actually says? Oh well, hope they add resisting arrest or equivalent to her trespassing charges.

Like so many of her fellow Branch Trumpvidian cultists she's a Constitutional Scholar who went to Facebook University School of Law.  As well as an infectious disease expert who went to the same university's school of Medicine.

And since she's an older white woman that of course means she doesn't get beat up or worse for resisting but merely has extra charges tacked on.  That story would have ended in a very different manner if she was a minority.