I can't sleep, so I'm watching videos on YouTube and found this:

:pb_biggrin:

I'm going to practice doing the hustle now:

Spoiler

:5624798180220_Jigglejiggledance:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • Love 2

To combat lockdown-boredom and give us all a laugh my son, DIL and grandson did a homemade photoshoot with all of them wearing the same type of checkered shirt and doing silly poses all over the house. The text on the back of my grandson's shirt as he's running away from his mom made me laugh.

543083842_Vidarshirt.png.d86e52012c82717f264ffb6de5e76084.png

• Upvote 7
  • Love 10

Hanging with my old boy 

6BB8B518-E0E2-4AA2-9757-9222396B647A.jpeg

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 16

8 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Hanging with my old boy 

6BB8B518-E0E2-4AA2-9757-9222396B647A.jpeg

He looked exactly like my ShamWow!

Spoiler

860DF596-7772-49DC-9E89-68883030A9B8.jpeg

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
Adding shamwow (and griffin, too!)
  • Love 10

14 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

He looked exactly like my ShamWow!

Hide contents

860DF596-7772-49DC-9E89-68883030A9B8.jpeg

Totally awesome cat name. 

• I Agree 4
  • Love 2

I usually go to a local salon anyways that is actually cheaper than cost cutters or other big chain places.  I was supposed to get my hair cut next week but obviously this wasn't going to happen.  We have clippers at home so I just did a buzz cut on my hair today.  I did not go the Lori Lightfoot route and insist someone cut it for me. 

It will probably be about two months before it's ready again for cutting and hopefully by then we'll be able to go get our hair cut again.  This way I won't have to worry about it again for a while now.

• Upvote 8

Speaking of haircuts, I was lucky in that I got mine cut before this got so bad, so I'm good for however long we have to stay at home. I'm just going to have to stay busy as our stay home order is now to May 15th at the earliest, and since it's now a local guideline to wear a mask if going shopping, I've been making more masks.

• Upvote 6

One of my LDS family vloggers to the rescue in haircut advice.  She’s revived her hair YouTube channel because she started getting hits in it again.  She just did a video with her oldest serving as the model. (He’s 14 and a bit grumpy about the whole thing)

https://www.youtube.com/user/CuteHair101Class

Spoiler

Edited by clueliss
  • Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, clueliss said:

One of my LDS family vloggers to the rescue in haircut advice.  She’s revived her hair YouTube channel because she started getting hits in it again.  She just did a video with her oldest serving as the model. (He’s 14 and a bit grumpy about the whole thing)

https://www.youtube.com/user/CuteHair101Class

Hide contents

I love this! I have a few Facebook friends who are stylists and all they are doing is yelling at us “Don’t cut your own hair!!” I seriously doibt any of us is going to like our home haircuts so much that we quit going to a professional. So, if trimming our own hair helps us feel a little better right now, what’s the harm? 

It’s nice to see someone who has decided to help us a bit instead of scolding us. 

Edited by usmcmom
Typos
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

4 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I love this! I have a few Facebook friends who are stylists and all they are doing is yelling at us “Don’t cut your own hair!!” I seriously doibt any of us is going to like our home haircuts so much that we quit going to a professional. So, if trimming our own hair helps us feel a little better right now, what’s the harm? 

It’s nice to see someone who has decided to help us a bit instead of scolding us. 

My daughter is a licensed hairdresser (although not currently working in that field) and she's always said the hardest part of the job is people with unrealistic expectations, especially after they've tried to do something to their hair themselves and get angry when a stylist doesn't have an undo button.

That may be where a lot of the sentiment from hairdressers is coming from.

• Upvote 8

she demonstrates different tools including fabric shears high she seriously didn’t recommend but called them desperate measure and explained why you don’t want to use them on hair.  

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, clueliss said:

she demonstrates different tools including fabric shears high she seriously didn’t recommend but called them desperate measure and explained why you don’t want to use them on hair.  

I guess I'm missing something, but I don't understand what's desperate or necessary about getting a haircut.  I mean if people want to do their own it's their hair, but to put kids through first time parental attempts ...why not just let it grow out a little.  It's not hurting anyone.

Every so often there is something society as a whole understands that just befuddles me and putting haircuts in the necessary category is one of them I guess.

On topic of coping strategies this is how I'm spending today...we'll see how they turn out.  My sons do not understand my choice of time waster, but my daughter is excited so if they turn out okay I'll do my own private door dash and leave them on her patio and wave wistfully at her.

Spoiler

Easter-Chicks-Deviled-Eggs.jpg

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 13

I just went to a zoom sisters in crime meeting (local chapter that for various reasons i haven't attended in a long time.  Local being KC where I currently do not live).  it was fun.  And I nice change.  I still hate looking at myself on these.  

• Upvote 8

Well I was coping okay this week, until yesterday the government of Quebec basically said school would reopen soon and work would resume soon as well. They have backtracked a bit on that since yesterday, but just the idea they were thinking of it made my blood boil. The premier said our society needs to learn to live with COVID and ''weigh the risks'' (i.e. yeah ok we were willing to take care of the elderly for a month or two, but now f*ck off the old folks, let's get back to work).

So I was mad this morning, but the anger turned into a nice good ol' crying panick attack. Because I'm scared for my parents.

Great Easter weekend so far.

Hope you are coping better than me. ❤️

• Upvote 1
  • Love 16

My husband is laughing hysterically over YouTube "garage door beer chug challenges."  Meanwhile, my daughter is sending photos of decadent looking chocolate cake, which is made without eggs, milk, or butter.  She says it's good, so I'm trying the recipe tomorrow.

One of our neighbors offered to make us some masks in exchange for taking a couple of items to the landfill for her.  I knew it was only a matter of time before a barter system sprung up between the neighbors.  This particular neighbor, who we don't know very well, is holed up with her mom (guessing they are about 70 and 95 years old), so she may need some food shopping assistance, too.  It brightens my day to know that we're all looking out for one another, especially as this thing drags on. 

• Love 10

38 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

It brightens my day to know that we're all looking out for one another, especially as this thing drags on. 

I keep thinking of the times neighbors and I shoveled snow for others, when I lived in New England (and was younger and stronger!). After one blizzard, I was literally trapped indoors by the snowdrifts, and somebody came and dug me out!

• Love 13

15 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Puppies:

I’m a Kitten Academy fan, myself.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

On 4/11/2020 at 12:56 PM, usmcmom said:

So, if trimming our own hair helps us feel a little better right now, what’s the harm? 

I've been trimming my own hair for probably 5 or 6 years (with a few professional cuts thrown in when I wanted to take off a lot of length) and I love doing it! There are a lot of helpful YouTube tutorials out there!

• Upvote 4

On 4/11/2020 at 12:03 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

My daughter is a licensed hairdresser (although not currently working in that field) and she's always said the hardest part of the job is people with unrealistic expectations, especially after they've tried to do something to their hair themselves and get angry when a stylist doesn't have an undo button.

That may be where a lot of the sentiment from hairdressers is coming from.

Now THAT is something I understand. Stylists are probably thinking of clients who blame them for everything.  I don’t get upset about my hair. I’m aware my stylist is human and is not responsible for my actions. Maybe I am TOO easy going about my hair, which is why I cut it myself during a pandemic. I have had to go too long between salon visits before and have walked in and said “I realize it may take a few visits to get things back on track after trimming my own bangs.” Thankfully, she just laughs and helps me out. 

On 4/11/2020 at 1:06 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I guess I'm missing something, but I don't understand what's desperate or necessary about getting a haircut.  I mean if people want to do their own it's their hair, but to put kids through first time parental attempts ...why not just let it grow out a little.  It's not hurting anyone.

A friend of mine told me just to let my hair grow. I love that idea for a style that can grow out well. I have an asymmetrical pixie. To let it grow will end up in a mullet.  When I let this style grow, I always have to get the back cut every few weeks until the rest catches up. It’s not an emergency situation, of course; but my husband has helped me trim the back and I feel better about it. 

I would never force a haircut on my kids, even in normal times. If they asked for a haircut during quarantine, I’d carefully do a tiny trim and make sure they were happy before I went on. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

I am volunteering at the local food co-op being the door monitor. I figure it uses my special education teacher skills well. I keep people from entering the store if the amount of people is a certain number. It frees up an actual worker from having to do it. 

I also love watching Really Good News that John Kasinski(sp) started. He only reports on positive stuff. 

I, too don't watch the news and only read the newspaper for a little bit. I check Facebook only for my horse groups. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

On 4/11/2020 at 8:50 PM, CTRLZero said:

Meanwhile, my daughter is sending photos of decadent looking chocolate cake, which is made without eggs, milk, or butter.  She says it's good, so I'm trying the recipe tomorrow.

How did it turn out? The recipe sounds intriguing!

• Upvote 2

Personally - letting my hair grown.  

For me - the slightly larger issue is the gray skunk stripe due to not coloring hair.  I'm letting it go and will make a decision on what to do with hair color when this is all over.  For now, people get to deal with me in transition.  

• Upvote 8