IGNORED

Mills Family 6: Livestreaming Dinner Because That Is Totally Normal

nelliebelle1197

My niece hates potatoes. It started when the were first introduced to her as an infant! But that hasn’t stopped her parents from offering them to her and encouraging her to try them. 

• Upvote 5

I honestly don't believe that all 9 kids "won't eat" mashed potatoes (or anything other than junk food, for that matter).  People obviously have their own tastes, but it's rare that an entire family doesn't like a particular food.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, potato said:

I honestly don't believe that all 9 kids "won't eat" mashed potatoes (or anything other than junk food, for that matter).  People obviously have their own tastes, but it's rare that an entire family doesn't like a particular food.  

He just doesn't want to make the effort to make any food from scratch,  he feels like it's not worth it. He doesn't care enough for those kids to make any effort for them, shame on him. He just feeds them whatever he likes, and he loves junk food and candy, everything else it's worthless for him... Sugarrrrrr, Tom loves sugar!!!

Some kids don't have any muscle at all in their arms, they look so skinny, because they don't have proteins and all the other nutrients.  I feel sad for them, sometimes I just wish they had different parents, just to be cared, nourished and loved. Poor little girls,  sometimes they are treated like Knuckles,  ignored and given the worst food possible, their feelings, needs and sicknesses ignored... All the kids should take a quick shower and a cozy pyjama before sleep, not shower once per week. Fgs he doesn't have to do the house payments anymore,  so he doesn't  need to cute off the water expenses so much. I wonder if he only showers once per week also, yuck ??  That's why the feet fungus ??? That guy is so dirty that the corona virus doesn't get close to him, afraid of get sick (the virus would get sick,  lol). ????

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Mashed potatoes (instant) with milk, butter, cheese and a little garlic powder...comfort food on cold, nasty days. 

Ok...I eat weird shit...

• Upvote 13

55 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Mashed potatoes (instant) with milk, butter, cheese and a little garlic powder...comfort food on cold, nasty days. 

Ok...I eat weird shit...

Even the quick mashed potatoes,  done with boiled potatoes:  take the skin, smash them in a dish with a fork, add some butter, milk, salt. Smash it a little bit and you'll have a yummy quick mashed potatoes just in 5 minutes. And real potatoes taste much much better than package stuff. At Portugal we add a bit of grounded nutmeg for extra flavour,  it's delicious...

And while you're doing something else, just to save time,  you can put the potatoes with skin inside a pot with boiling water, on the kitchen fire, then return after a few minutes.  It's easy peasy...

I also like to add sausages to the dish, with some kind of gravy... yuuummmyyy

If done the right way, that it's not that difficult,  most of the kids will love to eat it...

PS: I bought a tool to smash potatoes from IKEA, very cheap, super easy to use and wash. It makes everything about mash potatoes easier ?

Edited by Tekas_76
IKEA tool observation, lol
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 2

It struck me odd that when he was talking about the men working on the bathroom (sorry, don’t recall which video) that he loaded some of the children up and took them to a rest area to use the bathroom. Another load of children went a little later. They were without a bathroom all day.

Wouldn't it have made more sense for them to go to kitty’s house so they could take care of their morning duties and perhaps stayed there the rest of the day and had a chance for a better meal and snacks?

• Upvote 7

You’re presuming common sense, which is, I think, very generous when it comes to Tom ?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

Hello, loonnnggg time lurker, here. Like everyone on this board, I have…thoughts about this family – primarily Tom and Andrea. So here we go!

Tom: Let’s be honest, he doesn’t want a wife. He wants a: cheerleader/nanny/maid/chef/housecleaner/warm body, if you catch my drift.

I think it’s HILARIOUS (but not really) that he thinks the kids don’t need therapy because they’re “fine”. That’s rich coming from a man who spent little time with his children before his wife died. He didn’t even know the birth order of his own children, but his 6-year-old did. He used the excuse that it was because he was a dad. No, he’s a sperm donor.

I have a theory why he seems to dislike Claudia. I think it’s because she says and does what she wants, which, to Tom, isn’t an attractive quality in a female. He favors Sophia because she’s “sweet” and “good”.

As has been stated many times on this board, he is an insufferable know-it-all. Stopping being such a charlatan and raise your family. Ugh, he reminds me of the stereotypical man who lives in his parents’ basement, but with kids.

Andrea: She was all kinds of deceptive. She quite clearly had mental health issues (she admitted she was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder when she was young), and she passed along her unhealthy fears of the world onto her poor kids. I honestly think she was just as much of a know-it-all as Tom is, but she just masked it better. She passed it off as “home remedies” and religious practices. I’m not saying home remedies are worthless, but there’s a time when you need to go to a doctor. No, sugar, oatmeal, butter, and eggs do not cure cavities.

She just put on a façade of being a wholesome prairie homeschooling mother who just cared so much about her kids. The number of children they have packed into that tiny house seems like a fire hazard, but whatever. I just really hope those kids are able to find true happiness one day and are able to heal from all of this craziness.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 3

19 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Ok...I eat weird shit...

We still love you. 

18 hours ago, Tekas_76 said:

Even the quick mashed potatoes,  done with boiled potatoes:  take the skin, smash them in a dish with a fork, add some butter, milk, salt. Smash it a little bit and you'll have a yummy quick mashed potatoes just in 5 minutes. And real potatoes taste much much better than package stuff. At Portugal we add a bit of grounded nutmeg for extra flavour,  it's delicious...

And while you're doing something else, just to save time,  you can put the potatoes with skin inside a pot with boiling water, on the kitchen fire, then return after a few minutes.  It's easy peasy...

I also like to add sausages to the dish, with some kind of gravy... yuuummmyyy

If done the right way, that it's not that difficult,  most of the kids will love to eat it...

PS: I bought a tool to smash potatoes from IKEA, very cheap, super easy to use and wash. It makes everything about mash potatoes easier ?

Nutmeg sounds lovely as an addition to mashers.

I always cook & serve kind with the peel. That’s where lots of the nutrients are. However, I have been known to rice them or run me through the blender or use a hand mixer. In addition to milk, butter etc, I always add a fair amount of the water I cooked them in... also to retain nutrients that cook out.

Furthermore, adding cheese or giving a bit of ketchup to dip with just about anything savory helps kids find different or new foods more inviting. I may have added just a few cupcake sprinkles to my children’s veggies so they associate eating healthy as a celebration. Taking good care of our bodies is self-love and should be celebrated.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Regarding Tom’s recent anger & overcompensating/desperate attempts to convince others that he’s a good parent - I wonder if maybe someone contacted CPS recently? 

Personally, I still don’t buy that he’s seeing a therapist or going to a grief group. And I won’t until he gives receipts; esp. since the rationale given by Tom for so doing was “so you all can get off my back now.” What kind of an arrogant fuck says that to a viewership that helps pay his bills? That’s rather impolite. And certainly not a way to make friends or win others confidence in a person’s character. 

I theorize that Tom’s mother is a narcissist. Usually narc mothers shape their sons into narcs. Tom has outright stated that his children are an extension of himself, which is an unhealthy and inaccurate view but on par with narcissism. He named a child after himself; further evidence of my previous thought. His mother maintains her appearance in a manner that makes her look no older than mid40s. Also could be a telltale indicator of narcissism. Plus, someone mentioned Melanie’s social media posts along the lines of family hurting family & it not being acceptable. Narc mothers tend to favor the son they are grooming and need a child to make a scapegoat/discard/abuse.

Anyone else have any observations pertinent to the dynamics of narcissism within this family?

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, PotsPansPatriarchy said:

Furthermore, adding cheese or giving a bit of ketchup to dip with just about anything savory helps kids find different or new foods more inviting. I may have added just a few cupcake sprinkles to my children’s veggies so they associate eating healthy as a celebration. Taking good care of our bodies is self-love and should be celebrated.

I find children will eat almost anything if you let them dip it in ketchup or ranch dressing.

Hell, it still works for me as an adult when I'm served vegetables I don't particularly like.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 6

29 minutes ago, FiddleDD said:

I find children will eat almost anything if you let them dip it in ketchup or ranch dressing.

Hell, it still works for me as an adult when I'm served vegetables I don't particularly like.

ketchup, ranch, zesty italian dressing and queso con salsa are the solutions to all food issues. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5

The Tom dog-n-pony show is Live right now.   He also posted his weekly candy and crap trip.   I will pass on both.   Lives are his entire being, the best thing to happen to him in his entire life.  Everyone asking questions about him, praising him, lavishing adoration upon him.  Everything is about him.   He is in love, with himself.  Pathetic pos.   Without his life sustaining Lives, his beloved Lives, he would wither and blow away in the Moorcroft wind.   He’s so bizarre, a misfit in society.    

Edited by Olivia Marie
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

15 hours ago, MangoTango said:

I have a theory why he seems to dislike Claudia. I think it’s because she says and does what she wants, which, to Tom, isn’t an attractive quality in a female. He favors Sophia because she’s “sweet” and “good”.

Bingo! And Tom hasn’t yet realized how unhealthy it is to be grooming his daughter to have qualities he finds attractive.

Anyone notice how Hannah had shoes on last night while shopping? Notice how she didn’t take them off til she got home? Just goes to show Tom was lying about her taking them off. He was just too lazy to make an effort to put them on her. I’m sure he didn’t put them on last night; either. Likely made Asher. 

Also, Tom was focused on his driving with kids in the car, instead of video. 

Gee, wonder what’s caused these changes? Couldn’t have been our influence because Tom made it clear we are not an authority to him. 

It almost seems as if child protective authorities have become involved. Remember that removal is always a last resort. If CPS is involved they could be providing ongoing oversight.

Even if that’s the case, I think Tom will just allow their safety to be compromised when the camera isn’t on them. I don’t think he will ever make positive & meaningful change. It’s so sad that these kids have one parent who gives zero fucks about them. Eden still didn’t wear a coat yesterday. She was in short sleeves and it was snowing.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

10 hours ago, feministxtian said:

ketchup, ranch, zesty italian dressing and queso con salsa are the solutions to all food issues. 

My kiddo with sensory issues doesn’t eat ANY condiments. None. 
Eta: I’m wrong. She has eaten syrup before. 

Edited by Kailash
Added one she does eat, sometimes.
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 1

At the 7 months live he was talking about the importance the loved one/spouse has over his kids. And then he goes rumbling about it in a very confusing way, finishing saying that Andrea always gave him the first slice of the cakes, which made him feel important… wasn't it because she knew that he is a big kid and would throw a tantrum if she didn't do so?!? He says that she always made him feel important, that isn't new to us, we already knew that she was enabling him to whatever...

Tom compared leaving the videos for the next generations as the statue a king left after his death for being remembered (and worshipped)… FGS

Sorry if my speech is non-sense, I am facing a huge problem myself.

Edited by Tekas_76
adding info
  • Upvote 4
  • WTF 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Tekas_76 said:

Tom compared leaving the videos for the next generations as the statue a king left after his death for being remembered (and worshipped)… FGS

Whoa.

• Upvote 7
  • Disgust 1

15 hours ago, FiddleDD said:

Ugh, that brings back childhood memories of trying desperately to smother cooked liver in enough ketchup to choke it down. A-1 Steak Sauce was much better in terms of nasty-flavor coverage ?

Oh, and Tom sucks.

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Jasmar said:

Ugh, that brings back childhood memories of trying desperately to smother cooked liver in enough ketchup to choke it down. A-1 Steak Sauce was much better in terms of nasty-flavor coverage ?

Are you me?!

I don't know anyone who eats liver now, but it seems like I was fed it entirely too much during my childhood. And it was so awful. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

Listened to part of the livestream from yesterday. So much to unload, but I've only got time for one right now.

Tom was talking about how he and Andrea were like ying and yang in their thoughts. He goes on to say something to the extent of, "I was responsible for the way she thought. I would say something and she would think about it and say, 'Yeah, that's a good idea'.".  

Yeah, Tom, wouldn't want women having their own thoughts, or, you know, disagreeing with you.

OK, I lied, there's one more thing I want to add. He was talking about natural consequences in terms of disciplining his kids. He was explaining that if your kid is climbing on a chair that you would ask them to stop once and that's it. He goes on to say, "You pray that they fall and get hurt - I mean,not get HURT, but then they learn that you were right and they should listen to you." I get letting your kids learning the hard way sometimes, but PRAYING that your kid gets hurt because they disobeyed you?

This just showed how messed up Tom's worldview is and that he's essentially a spoiled teenage boy.  

5 minutes ago, MangoTango said:

Listened to part of the livestream from yesterday. So much to unload, but I've only got time for one right now.

Tom was talking about how he and Andrea were like ying and yang in their thoughts. He goes on to say something to the extent of, "I was responsible for the way she thought. I would say something and she would think about it and say, 'Yeah, that's a good idea'.".  

Yeah, Tom, wouldn't want women having their own thoughts, or, you know, disagreeing with you.

OK, I lied, there's one more thing I want to add. He was talking about natural consequences in terms of disciplining his kids. He was explaining that if your kid is climbing on a chair that you would ask them to stop once and that's it. He goes on to say, "You pray that they fall and get hurt - I mean,not get HURT, but then they learn that you were right and they should listen to you." I get letting your kids learning the hard way sometimes, but PRAYING that your kid gets hurt because they disobeyed you?

This just shows how messed up Tom's worldview is and that he's essentially a spoiled teenage boy.  

• Disgust 1
  • WTF 7
  • Thank You 4

26 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Are you me?!

I don't know anyone who eats liver now, but it seems like I was fed it entirely too much during my childhood. And it was so awful. 

I love liver - calf and chicken.  A local diner has liver and gravy with mashed potatoes or grits as one of their daily specials.  Last time I was there they'd added liver to the breakfast menu.  A slice of liver, gravy, grits 2 eggs and toast.  Unbelievably good.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Someone in the live chat of the 7 months video said they don't agree with the way Tom raises his girls to be homemakers. He said well you can raise your daughters to be whatever you want, but that is what his "generally all wanna be".  Interesting how when people ask what his sons want to be when they're older, he says they mostly don't know yet, and they are teenagers. Yet his daughters who are what, 10, 6, 4, and 2-ish (around there at least) all know they want to be "homemakers"? Yeah right, try again Tom we all know what you think a woman's role should be. And the minions agree with it.

I think with her personality, Claudia has it in her to lead a nation... or at least a company! I can only hope those girls grow up and figure out they can do whatever they want.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 6

Does anyone else watch his videos and talk out loud to the tv like they are talking to him? No? Ok. LOL. Seriously, he says something stupid or offensive ( which is just about every time he opens his yap) and I tell him exactly what I think of him. LOL  I’m sure if any of my family walked in on me telling off my tv, they’d think I was looney tunes. There was so much wrong with last nights late night live that I don’t even know where to start. 
I hope his kids grow up to have/know a better way of life. The girls especially. Those kids deserve so much more than they have experienced thus far. This is one time I can say I hope those kids rebel from the way they are being raised/trained. And poor Asher deserves more than to be a surrogate mother to his baby sister. Wether he says he doesn’t mind or not. I’m all for helping out in the family, but this what, 16 year old boy, should not be the primary caretaker for his almost 1 year old sister. Especially when he has a father who is capable of taking care of her instead. And if he can’t take care of his kids, he should be getting help. (And I don’t mean another Mrs. Mills). 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, Queeen Victoria said:

I love liver - calf and chicken.  A local diner has liver and gravy with mashed potatoes or grits as one of their daily specials.  Last time I was there they'd added liver to the breakfast menu.  A slice of liver, gravy, grits 2 eggs and toast.  Unbelievably good.

My husband’s home country makes amazing grilled liver. I hated it until I tried it there.

6 hours ago, can'tstopwatching said:

said well you can raise your daughters to be whatever you want, but that is what his "generally all wanna be". 

He wants them to be. Just like his boys “don’t want to go to college.” How the hell do young children know what they want to be for the rest of their lives?? Most adults don’t! And it’s ok to grow and change-why pigeon hole them so young?

OH I know-it’s because the Mills have an extremely narrow world view and want to control their children.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Did anyone catch how Tom said that some of the grandparents thought that he and Andrea were crazy for having so many kids? I wonder which one(s). 

Of course he doesn't want his kids to go to college, they would realize that their parents have done them a great disservice in many respects. It's really sad, too because they seem like such nice children. Maybe Tom is afraid that one or more of his kids will excel and be more successful/smarter than him. No one can be better than Tom in that family. While his oldest daughter has her issues, she seems to be more open-minded than Tom and maybe she'll tell her sisters that they can be who they want and she'll love them no matter what. I know she's struggling with some identity stuff, but maybe she'll feel the need to protect her sisters and give them the support that she seems to be lacking in some areas.

Someone asked Tom if he could find one word to describe each of his kids' personalities. Didn't have a problem with Thomas, and for the most part he struggles with the others with the exception of maybe two. When he hit Solomon, he said, "Well, it's too hard to tell because they're so young." Really, Tom? So you know that your girls want to be homemakers, but their personalities aren't obvious to you? Perhaps it isn't because they're too young, it's just that you're a crappy excuse for a parent and only care about your own wants and needs.  

Ugh, it's so nice to have people to vent to this!

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic