• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 3

20200401_maggie8.JPG

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 2

20200401_jones2.JPG.45f3216ca93d98632307cf2cd63a96a6.JPG

"MyPillow Facetime"

There’s been a lot of debates over whether the networks should broadcast Donald Trump’s daily press conferences on the coronavirus. While there is pertinent information provided with these conferences, the majority of the time, they’re just replacements for Donald Trump’s hate rallies where he and everyone else speaking praises Donald Trump. But one aspect there should not be any debate over is that these things don’t have to be infomercials for companies whose executives are Donald Trump campaign supporters.

Seriously, I don’t need to see a free commercial for MyPillow in the middle of the day on CNN, who thankfully cut away during his segment at the daily hate rally. Mike Lindell, the CEO of the pillow company, gets enough advertising on Laura Ingraham’s show (where he increased his advertising after other companies dropped out after she attacked school-shooting survivor David Hogg.

Lindell was at Trump’s Monday press conference because he says he’s donating 75% of his company to producing face masks and will soon be kicking out 50,000 a day. I’m not sure what he’s not being paid for this but I’m sure he’s not doing it for free. Lindell’s appearance with other executives was to bolster Trump’s argument that he doesn’t need the Defense Production Act to have companies help fight the coronavirus. But if the kind of people helping out is people like Mike Lindell, I’m not going to be enthusiastic.

Mike Lindell says he’s going to make 50,000 face masks a day. It’s not that I think Lindell is lying, but it’s not like I believe him either. Why wouldn’t I believe a fine, upstanding Christian who throws his Christianity in everyone’s face at every opportunity (Seriously. He did it at the press conference too). The reason I don’t believe Mr. Lindell is because he’s a Trump supporter.

First off, he praised Donald Trump’s response to the pandemic. That right there tells me you’re he’s full of shit. Lindell has said Trump is the “the most amazing president this country has ever seen in history,” which he said before Trump was president. He’s a conman who settled a lawsuit with several California counties over false advertising that his hate pillow cures things it doesn’t cure. The Better Business Bureau gives his company an F rating for a scam it ran about where you buy one pillow and get another for free…which was actually just the regular price. It was basically: Pay the regular price twice and we’ll throw in another pillow. Old conservatives who watch commercials at 2:00 AM on Fox are real suckers for that kind of shit.

Lindell wrote an Op-Ed for the Duluth News-Tribune in 2018 stating, “After more than 500 days with Donald Trump as our president — with record-low unemployment and a booming economy — it’s clear, Minnesota, that we can rest easy.” Then, he laid off 150 people. Hey, MyPillow guy…how many people did you lay off during the Obama presidency?

Praising and supporting Donald Trump tells me you don’t care about honesty or that someone’s a pathological liar and a conman. When you do that it tells me you’re probably one yourself and nobody should ever purchase your products or go into business with you, especially the United States government at the behest of taxpayers. Mike Lindell is going to produce 50,000 face masks a day? I’ll believe it when it actually happens and it’s verified by a third party. On top of that, I want to see the contract. What are we, the taxpayers, paying for the MyPillow face masks? Hey, Mike. How about when you make 50,000, you give us 25,000 for free?

On another note, MyPillows has horrible ratings at Amazon. It’s a crap pillow that someone filled with chunks of foam that reviewers say makes a big crunching sound when you lay your head on it. Our medical professionals would probably be better off wearing Dr. Birx’s scarves than Mike Lindell’s face masks.

Mike Francesca, a New York sports disc jockey and a Donald Trump supporter, went after Trump for having Lindell at his press conference. He said, “Hospitals don’t have the supplies they need. So don’t give me the MyPillow guy doing a song and dance up here on a Monday afternoon when people are dying in Queens! Get the stuff made! Get the stuff where it needs to go and get the boots on the ground. Treat this like the crisis it is.”

The song and dance is exactly why Lindell was there. These daily briefings are more about praising Trump for doing a horrible job than they are about providing a nation in crisis with valuable information. And Lindell did exactly what Donald Trump wanted him to do, which was to go balls-deep with the sycophancy.

Lindell preached, “God gave us grace on November 8, 2016, to change the course we were on,” talking about the day Donald Trump was mistakenly elected. He continued, “God had been taken out of schools and lives. A nation had turned its back on God. I encourage you to use this time at home to get back in the Word, read our Bibles and spend time with our families. With our great president, vice president and this administration and all the great people in this country praying daily, we will get through this and get back to a place that’s stronger and safer than ever.” That’s some serious cult worship. Keep in mind, this guy smoked a lot of crack cocaine back in the day.

Many in the press mocked him, like MSNBC’s Ali Velshi who tweeted, “Trump just called the “My Pillow” guy up to the podium in the Rose Garden. You cannot make this stuff up.” Fox News’ Greg Gutfeld (who’s their idea of a funny guy) tweeted a reply, “When you start producing 50 thousand masks a day you can go up to the podium too In the meantime sit on your fence and keep your thumb up your ass.” See? Fox News funny. And again, don’t believe he’s going to produce 50,000 face masks a day just because they say he is. We’ve had three years of this. When will you start learning from experience?

Conservative radio host Larry O’Connor got upset and tweeted that the critics are “ungrateful jerks” and need to “STFU” about him. I really hope he sees this cartoon.

Logan Hall of the right-wing propaganda hate site wrote, “The MyPillow guy has done more to combat the spread of coronavirus than 99% of the blue checks whining about him.” Again, how do you know he’s done more and…what’s a blue check? Can I get one?

Lindell himself got upset over the criticism. Like Trump, he doesn’t believe he receives enough appreciation. He went on Fox News where Lou Dobbs played him a tape of MSNBC’s Chris Hayes saying, “Seems crazy that everyone’s still taking these briefings seriously when you have the MyPillow guy getting up there talking about reading the Bible.” Lindell replied, “I heard Jim Acosta attack me too, and he was 10 feet from me, in the Rose Garden. This is just evil, Lou. This is evil.” How far should one be from you before attacking so it’s not evil? But hey, 10 feet is better than 6 so you’re good.

He continued whining and supporting his cult with, “This president has been the best man in charge for such a time as this; it’s just those newscasters, those journalists, we know who they are… CNN, what they did to me, I’m sorry, I put on a message of hope to the country that God had given us grace in November of 2016, a nation that turned its back on God, and right now we’re part of this big revival.” Feel free to pause if you need to vomit. And again, praising Trump, grace from God, crack cocaine.

The MyPillow guy summed up with, “I am appalled by the journalists that I see there. I used to think that, they are not that evil, yes, they are.”

Wow. Maybe Mr. MyPillow guy will think I’m evil too after seeing this cartoon. Am I evil? Well if standing up for my nation against the attacks of Donald Trump and all those who are in his cult like the MyPillow guy, then as Diamond Head sang, “Yes, I am.”

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

20200402_fahrenthold1.JPG

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2

20200402_jones1.JPG.19033d6426df6d03f1fde98eaedc85f6.JPG

"Stay"

The problem with electing a Trump cultist as your governor is that you’re stuck with a Trump cultist as your governor.

When Florida Governor Ron DeSantis was in Congress, he introduced legislation that required the Justice Department to report to Congress whenever any federal agency failed to enforce a law. This was in 2014 and a swipe at the Obama administration. It failed and he didn’t bother to reintroduce it during the Trump administration. I wonder why.

After Trump was in office and inflicting his corruption and con job on America, DeSantis voted in favor of a bill to strip all funding from the Mueller investigation. DeSantis adopted the Devin Nunes platform of protecting Donald Trump at all costs, no matter what he was accused of or how much evidence was apparent. For DeSantis, it’s Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump. He was also a member of the Fucknut Caucus, but they prefer to call it the “Freedom” Caucus.

When DeSantis ran for governor, he was endorsed by Trump and based his campaign on being the most fucknutty of all the fucknut Republicans in the primary. He ran commercials where he was teaching his children to say, “Make America great again” and building a racist wall out of lego blocks. He dressed his infant in a MAGA jumper in these commercials (which, I am assuming, was soon full of shit). He read “Art of the Deal” to his kids to prevent them from becoming intelligent adults. When asked, he couldn’t find one issue where he disagreed with Donald Trump.

Donald Trump had become a kingmaker in conservative politics, changing the Republican Party into the Donald Trump cult, and DeSantis became further proof of that after he won the primary. His credentials didn’t matter on statewide topics. All that mattered was that he burrowed deep up Donald Trump’s ass. In fact, he’s burrowed so deep up that ass, he allowed Floridians to die.

Governor (sic) Ron DeSantis refused to issue a stay-at-home order as other governors in the nation have done. Florida isn’t like Nebraska, where there are only five cases of coronavirus (detected so far). Florida isn’t even in the middle of states with verified cases. DeSantis is governor of the state with the fifth most cases. There are nearly 8,000 cases at this time and 100 deaths. Florida is the third-most populous state in the nation and they’re a contender to lead in coronavirus deaths.

Despite the rise of cases in Florida and the rest of the nation, DeSantis refused to declare a state of emergency. While all the other states with high cases of the coronavirus were implementing lockdowns, Florida went to the beach. Literally.

He refused to shut down the state as spring breakers stormed the beaches. He refused to shut down the beaches. He refused to issue a stay-at-home order, like New York and my state of Virginia has done. Here in Virginia, we have around 1,500 cases (and 34 deaths) yet our governor has taken it more seriously than Florida. Maybe that’s one reason we have fewer cases.

Why didn’t Ron DeSantis act sooner? Because he’s a Trump cultist.

It’s bad enough regular morons live and breathe everything Donald Trump says and then end up dying because they ingested fish tank cleaner after Dear Leader said something about chloride beating the virus. But a governor shouldn’t put his entire state at risk because of the stupid shit that comes out of Donald Trump’s mouth.

Ron DeSantis should be serving the people of Florida, not just the Trump cult less enough, one person. Of course, that one person is Donald Trump.

DeSantis finally issued a stay-at-home order. What took him so long? Donald Trump didn’t take the virus seriously so the governor of Florida didn’t take it seriously. This is not my viewpoint. DeSantis said so. He explained his order by saying, “”When you see the President up there and his demeanor the last couple of days, that’s not necessarily how he always is.” Usually, he’s just racist and stupid. Before the order, he said he was following the White House on how he should proceed with the state.

Donald Trump spent a month denying and downplaying the virus. Governors like DeSantis, like their Dear Leader, put their citizens’ lives in danger.

Donald Trump boasted about banning travel from Europe…well most of Europe. He ignored the fact that people in the U.S. can cross state lines. So while one state has a lockdown, their neighbor may not. This doesn’t stop a virus. DeSantis has been unable to see that counties also have borders that people are free to cross.

The urban areas of Florida, where people tend to be more educated and less fucknutty, issued stay-at-home orders. But because their governor is in servitude to a fucking moron, he allowed the rest of the counties to carry on as if it was business as usual, thus infecting the entire state.

Florida isn’t the only state where the governor is willing to let his citizens die because of the way Donald Trump has behaved. Alabama, Texas, and Mississippi are still running wild. The governor of Mississippi’s biggest act to fight the virus is to pray for God to give Donald Trump intelligence. The governor of Mississippi does not have any intelligence.

Like Donald Trump isn’t qualified to handle a pandemic, neither is Ron DeSantis. The Florida Governor wants to be like Donald Trump. Congratulations, Ron. You suck just as much as Donald Trump. DeSantis, like Trump, was slow to react to the virus. He would rather serve the cult than serve his citizens. He would rather you die than upset Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has proven he shouldn’t be president and Ron DeSantis has proven he shouldn’t be Florida’s governor.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

20200402_zyglis1.JPG

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2

20200402_maggie1.JPG

• I Agree 10

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic