IGNORED

1981 Special Report: The Town Bully

47of74

The YouTubes suggested this old 60 Minutes clip to me about the killing of the Skidmore, Missouri town bully.

He's the kind of guy who would be a total BT if he was still alive today.  Hell fuck face would probably offer him a cabinet position.   The dark side of me says he got what was coming to him for his reign of terror over this corner of northwest Missouri.

• Upvote 3

• 3 months later...

I just now got around to watching this 60 Minutes segment and it is a very interesting case. I can't stand bullies and I can't stand those who excuse and defend them.

That story is terrifying and one of the few cases I'm pro vigilante.

Buzzfeed Unsolved did a segment on this and I remember hearing a great in-depth podcast on the story, but I can't remember which true crime podcast it was.  If I recall I'll post it.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/12/2021 at 3:16 AM, bluebird said:

There is a movie, I think it’s called In Broad Daylight about this case that you can watch for free on You Tube.

Yeah they did a film that was based on the McElroy.  Names of course were changed but it was pretty much a retelling of McElroy's reign of terror.  It's available for free on YouTube. 

There was also an audio book called In Broad Daylight that I'm listening too now.  It definitely needs trigger warnings due to the descriptions of the CSA in there.  I'm about halfway through it now and after hearing some of the shit McElroy did yeah he totally got what was coming to him. 

• Upvote 1