IGNORED

Coronavirus

indianabones

Dollar General will be attempting to allow only senior citizens in during their first hour of operations.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

I'm still at work ? Students are not attending class on-campus, most faculty did not come back after spring break, either. I do all my work with either paper files that I can bring home or at a computer. I do not need to be here right now. Two people in my office are over 65 and they are here.  Fingers crossed- I think we are getting instructions/permissions to start working remotely tomorrow.

My state has closed all bars and restaurants starting at 2:00 pm today through April 6th. They can provide take out or delivery only.

Edited by therulesofjinx
Submitted before finishing a sentence- scatterbrained today!
  • Upvote 5

my doctor wrote me a note this morning. :)  Was eery going in the office. They asked if my co worker had her test results yet. I said no. They asked if I had any symptoms. I said cough.I was quickly masked and everyone gloved. They conducted my appt in my waiting room through the glass divider. My note was written very quickly. Thankful that some people are taking this seriously. Am hoping that our governor or someone will make my employer do so. I would think non essential therapies should be forced to NOT operate like they are life-saving... like if your job doesnt allow you to wear a mask while working with clients, its probably not essential during this time. My boss keeps trying to act like we are as essential as the hospitals, and everyone will die if we suspend services. obviously suspending services would be bad for some clients- they thrive on structure, I get it. But, the nature of our job is touching kids, touching their family members. We cant wear masks. we dont change clothes between clients. Its just too much risk. 

3 minutes ago, Belugaloo said:

my doctor wrote me a note this morning. :)  Was eery going in the office. They asked if my co worker had her test results yet. I said no. They asked if I had any symptoms. I said cough.I was quickly masked and everyone gloved. They conducted my appt in my waiting room through the glass divider. My note was written very quickly. Thankful that some people are taking this seriously. Am hoping that our governor or someone will make my employer do so. I would think non essential therapies should be forced to NOT operate like they are life-saving... like if your job doesnt allow you to wear a mask while working with clients, its probably not essential during this time. My boss keeps trying to act like we are as essential as the hospitals, and everyone will die if we suspend services. obviously suspending services would be bad for some clients- they thrive on structure, I get it. But, the nature of our job is touching kids, touching their family members. We cant wear masks. we dont change clothes between clients. Its just too much risk. 

honestly... as I think about it. the type of therapy I do is essentially a breeding ground for spreading COVID-19. Unlike office jobs (most of whom are teleworking), we are in INCREDIBLY close contact with 5-20 people per day. All different families, with a different number of children who work different part time jobs.... and we dont take any of the extra precautions that hospital workers do such as gloves and masks. Which means anything our clients have is getting on us, and then we are seeing the next client and transferring it to them... horrifying when you think it through. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 3

8 hours ago, adidas said:

Not so positive - people who get their periods are now suffering in Australia’s latest panic buying idiocy. 

We got a call from my MIL's assisted living facility and had to do a late evening run for incontinence products.  I was a little worried that the shelves would be empty of those products.  The shelves were picked over, but we managed to score a couple packs.  I imagine diapers are also being bought out.  We'll be more prepared for the next apocalypse.

On a more frugal note, my husband bought extra milk.  We don't use much milk and, coincidentally*, I noticed a tip on freezing milk for the quarantine period.  So, I am freezing ziplock bags of milk.  I don't know why this didn't occur to me earlier, as I knew about freezing breast milk.  Duh.  ?

*Or Rufus was looking out for us! 

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 2

On 3/12/2020 at 9:32 PM, indianabones said:

I successfully convinced both of my parents to stay home from work until the virus is over! My sister and I are very relieved. My dad's turning their guest room into a home office so he's not constantly in communal space and has a little bit of work/life separation. I challenged my mom to find a new hobby she can do at home and to set up regular phone dates with her friends so she feels less isolated, since she can't work from home and is taking a leave of absence (unless her work fires her. She still has yet to hear from them after emailing that she would no longer be coming in. ?)

My school announced last night that they're extending our spring break from one week to two and pushing back graduation one week. This sucks for me because I have a vacation planned smack dab in the middle of that, so I either have to cancel or miss my last three classes. I'm taking a math class this upcoming quarter and I'm dreading having to do it online. Once this quarter is over, though, I'm giving myself permission to install The Sims 3 onto my laptop and play it non-stop for all of spring break. My guiltiest of pleasures!

All of my upcoming housesitting clients from next week until May have canceled on me. I don't blame them considering that Trump is talking about cutting off travel between where I live and other states, but the loss of income still sucks. I did have one of my dogwalking clients tell me that she's officially working from home for the foreseeable future but still wants me to walk her dog because she knows I've been hemorrhaging clients and really need the money. Clients like that are the best.

One good idea I've heard, to help small businesses stay afloat during this time, is for supportive customers to buy gift certificates to be redeemed later.  That way the business gets the money now.  

Small businesses can encourage this by having gift certificate blanks available, setting up whatever tracking system is needed (so someone who buys a $100 gift certificate can spend it in bits and pieces and know the remaining/decreasing value is being tracked), and then promoting the hell out of it to your customers.

19 hours ago, unsafetydancer said:

I am also bored out my gourd here! Send memes!

Spoiler

5A49FD6C-3929-4318-A686-D89EE55A0002.png.cd7f34674f46d1d906fbeed49aac7180.png

Spoiler

09011A07-C2F0-4AE8-9FF7-9F6D373E08DA.jpeg.d4181959fe227cebf590188f87bf0753.jpeg

Spoiler

15FF0CFF-8D36-4B50-B10E-2867244E92B8.jpeg.88b2b371a1ffa57030013b19512588a3.jpeg

Spoiler

25F40842-C8A8-4B0B-AF44-EAE34315F073.png.e1a89a6000590e93f3d5ae650d2bd772.png

Spoiler

74B179E5-567E-4B26-AE6F-86FA675FC767.jpeg.78c6bd8ed43e75990e8be982611d0369.jpeg

Spoiler

C3A08E0F-E6FE-4D8B-9B42-CFE674FA45E4.thumb.jpeg.c4ab4aa458468d3dd22ac0d3fd4c5bb5.jpeg

Edited by church_of_dog
vague words bad
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • Love 9

I may have missed it, but I noticed something yesterday we should be afraid of but haven't seen it mentioned.

I stopped by the grocery store to buy half and half yesterday and there were several store workers putting food back from abandoned carts as people shopped, then walked out due to lines.

I overheard two discussing whether frozen burgers were still frozen enough to put back.  Fortunately one said unless perfectly frozen it's garbage, but it made me wonder about meat, fish, etc. that are being put back after sitting out too long in stores because people are bailing on carts.  

It gave me something else to worry about.

1 hour ago, CTRLZero said:

I imagine diapers are also being bought out. 

Happening in Chicago, too.  I know someone with a newborn and they and family had to go to 5 stores to find some.

• Upvote 10

I know it is nothing compared to all the people dying but at this point there is about an 80% chance that I have to postpone my wedding while I have everything planned out and the enjoying was finally starting ? And it sucks!

Praying now that the measurements we took here in the Netherlands are really helping and we might get a miracle.

• Love 18

Corporate issued a beginning tomorrow if you can work from home, work from home email this morning.  Due to training issues (newboss) he and bigboss will be working here.  I will be hauling crap home tonight to work from home going forward.  Unless I need to be in the office (always a possibility in the world of manufacturing).  Hello really short commute and a feline headship SuPURRvisor

• Upvote 7
  • Love 4

48 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Hello really short commute and a feline headship SuPURRvisor

Careful.  I have a couple suPURRvisors and they expect PURRfection.

• Haha 6
  • Love 3

I suspect we are heading towards lockdown here too. My workplace has declared the team I work in essential, which may mean we come in while everyone else stays home. We are dubious about our essentialness (Well, our longer term essentialness at least), but they are also offering free parking which will at least help lower risk. Our desks are already over a metre apart so there's that. We had a 90 min team meeting yesterday going through plans A, B, C etc. in case we are locked down/people are sick/we have combinations of people working at home/in place etc. The bakers this morning was quiet but stocked - I was honestly expecting a rush at 6.30am.

• Upvote 3

I just taught my first online piano lesson.

The student who asked to try it was great - a tech-savvy teen boy who was completely at ease with the whole idea and even helped me with the technology a bit (I'd never done anything with Skype or a similar program before).

Their dog and I usually have a lovey greeting for one another, so she was a bit puzzled at hearing my voice, then finding out that I wasn't there to snuggle with her.

I had to adjust to a few things, but it went pretty well, and I'm actually eager to do it again. After all of this is over, I plan to offer it as an option whenever a regular lesson needs to be canceled or rescheduled.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 9

I have to work from home when there is no one else in the lab or when I don't have work. Work from home is going to be expanding my knowledge on analytical chemistry. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Well, I'm laid off as of yesterday.  I work in dentistry and it was declared #1 at risk profession.  Who knows when we'll be back.  Going to apply for unemployment.  My kids are off until 4/13. I have a 7th and 11th grader's.  They will be good to go with online schooling.  Our district is doing an amazing job. 

The thing is, it's starting to be said we will be on lock down like SF.  NYC is getting ready and I see LA going that route. Also, this could go on for months, possibly until summer or more. ?

• Sad 4
  • Love 11

On 3/14/2020 at 8:41 AM, Loveday said:

Thank you, yes, I'll call my doctor if it becomes necessary. He does think I shouldn't take ANY ibuprofen, but concedes that the little I do take is probably all right. And I can take the tiny bit of Tylenol that's in Vicodin whenever I get prescribed that for something (which is almost never, thankfully!)  I can't take regular dose amounts, though, so I do wish they'd get on it and create a new pain reliever/anti-inflammatory that doesn't cause these side effects. What on earth do people do who have far worse arthritis than me but can't take Motrin or Tylenol. and their doctors won't prescribe opioids for obvious reasons? I know there are a couple other pain relievers out there, but they don't work for everyone, including me. I feel awful for people with lifelong, chronic pain issues.

Loveday, my daughter has lupus and fibromyalgia, so she’s always in a lot of pain. She’s taken so much Aleve that she regularly has bloody stools and intense stomach pain. She can take Tylenol, but it doesn’t help much. She has a prescription for tramadol, and that combined with a little Tylenol is sort of decent pain relief (pain relief is a very relative term for her). She also uses CBD tincture, with a few drops of THC tincture. That helps too.

• Love 6

31 minutes ago, Jasmar said:

Loveday, my daughter has lupus and fibromyalgia, so she’s always in a lot of pain. She’s taken so much Aleve that she regularly has bloody stools and intense stomach pain. She can take Tylenol, but it doesn’t help much. She has a prescription for tramadol, and that combined with a little Tylenol is sort of decent pain relief (pain relief is a very relative term for her). She also uses CBD tincture, with a few drops of THC tincture. That helps too.

OMG, that sounds awful. I've tried Aleve before, but it was a long time ago and all I remember is it didn't do much for me. I just looked it up, and it does have a history of gastro issues. Your poor daughter, why oh WHY can't they come up with something effective and safe?? :my_cry: 

I don't know anything about CBD products or THC, or even what's available in my state. I need to do some research; it might help my mother, her knees are completely shot and because of her age and other conditions, including lymphedema, they won't do knee replacement surgery. She can barely walk any more.

ETA: Just looked up THC, at the moment it's only legal--sort of-- in Virginia if you have epilepsy.

Edited by Loveday
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

I have lupus and fibro also and I'm on Plaquenil instead of nsaids because I kept developing ulcers.  The doctors have recommended OTC supplements for the fibro and that helped more than prescriptions.  That's me though and they don't work for everyone.  I was fortunate.  I was also on prescribed rest flat in bed for two hours every afternoon for quite awhile.  I still have to revert to that when I have flares. 

• Love 6

I listened to an interview with one of the top epidemiologists, and the best case scenario they're projecting for Australia is 5000 deaths. Best. Case. If everyone complies, we flatten the curve etc. If we keep going at our current rate they project 15,000 deaths minimum. 

I think what stunned me is the realisation that I am very likely to know at least one person who dies from this.

The top two supermarkets are closing from 8pm so they can restock- then reopening 7-8am for elderly, disabled and at-risk people, then from 8am for general public.

At present the schools are staying open - the rationale for this is basically to lower community transmission. My son's school has one fifth of students who are away today, given the population of that school that's not surprising. (Also I just realised we had more away in 2017 when the flu went through - wow. I had not realised that previously.) Like everything the school situation may change.

We are also putting student nurses in hospitals to take some of the load from experienced nurses. I really hope this is well planned.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 7

I don't know where to post this but this is the craziest, batshit post I have read about the "conspiracy theory" around the coronovirus. I put it under a spoiler because it is so long and it "connects" big names with pedophilia. I didn't even it read it word for word because it is so batshit crazy. (I only glanced through the last threads so I am sorry if someone already posted this.)

Spoiler

? & read this!!! ?

Here's a conspiracy theory for ya!
Hmmmmm????
(shared) Here is some inside info you won't hear on the news:

This morning at 4:30 a.m., Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was served a criminal indictment by the U.S. for corporate and financial crimes. Media owners were instructed to brainwash everyone that Trudeau and his wife have the Corona virus, and that they won't be leaving their house for a while

Tom Hanks was arrested 48 hours ago for pedophilia and he is currently being kept in a hotel room in Australia, refusing to fly back to the USA. The next celebrity arrests will be Celine Dion, Madonna, Charley Barkley, and Kevin Spacey. All will claim Corona virus infections

Italy's airports have been completely shut down, as over 80 Vatican and financial officials have been served the same criminal indictments for financial crime, pedophilia, child trafficking, and sex abuse

United Emirates have completed mass arrests of their own Royal Family and affiliates

Convicted Hollywood rapist Harvey Weinstein agreed to a deal in exchange for his testimony against hundreds of top Hollywood celebrities and their involvement in the drug business, pedophilia, and child trafficking. Instead of a 55-year sentence, he only received a 23-year sentence. In exchange he provided testimonies against some of the biggest and most powerful names, including Prince Andrew of the U.K., former president Bill Clinton, former vice president Joe Biden, Tom Hanks, Oprah, Ellen DeGeneres, Quentin Tarantino, Charlie Sheen, Bob Saget, Kevin Spacey, John Travolta, Steven Spielberg, Podesta, NXIVM and PIZZAGATE sex trafficking clubs, and hundreds more who all were directly involved with Jeffrey Epstein

Jeffrey Epstein was similarly allowed to make a deal and have his suicide in prison faked in exchange for his testimony

CEOs of some major world corporations have been indicted/arrested, and some have been forced to resign — all in the last 30-60 days — such as the CEOs of the NBA, Harley Davidson, the Bill Gates Foundation, Intel, McDonald's, Cesar Awards, and Disney; the Vatican Chief of Police; etc. Approximately 700-800 more resignations are coming in the next 3 months

The lab-created Corona virus was a cover-up for the mass mandatory vaccination agenda. Now it has become the biggest covert U.S. Intelligence operation that the world has ever seen. This mass 158,000-arrests operation will remove and capture the biggest evil and corrupted politicians, celebrities, and CEOs, including global elites and bankers such as George Soros, U.N. officials, and the founders of GRETA, inc.

President Trump will win the 2020 elections, and arrests of former U.S. presidents will occur in early 2021. All major arrests will be portrayed by the media as accidental or as conspiracy theories. All arrested individuals will be given "Rommel Death", meaning that they will have a choice between their death bring portrayed to the public as a suicide or an accidental death in return for assurances that his or her reputation will remain intact, or, alternatively, they can choose to face a criminal trial that would result in public disgrace

Some top religious leaders will be arrested or forced to resign, and some will suddenly get "sick." The Vatican will be the first, and the Pope will be removed in 2020. Production of human extracted Adrenochrome will be revealed, and Hollywood and the Vatican will be exposed as being directly responsible for that

Coming up there will be a 2-month complete shutdown of the world's most common operations, such as schools, the stock exchange, some banks, airports, shipping, travel, events, galas, expos, sport games, sport championships, music award ceremonies, NBA/NHL/Baseball games, and ship cruises. There will be food shortages and staged electricity power loss. Gas prices will go down, food costs will go up, insurance will go up, gold and silver stocks will fall, and many corporations will either go bankrupt or take a significant financial loss, such as in the case of what's about to happen to Air Canada, Disney, and Coca-Cola

Welcome to the Geat Awakening. What's about to happen this summer and fall will change the world's history

• Disgust 2
  • WTF 10

23 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I don't know where to post this but this is the craziest, batshit post I have read about the "conspiracy theory" around the coronovirus. I put it under a spoiler because it is so long and it "connects" big names with pedophilia. I didn't even it read it word for word because it is so batshit crazy. (I only glanced through the last threads so I am sorry if someone already posted this.)

Hide contents

? & read this!!! ?

Here's a conspiracy theory for ya!
Hmmmmm????
(shared) Here is some inside info you won't hear on the news:

This morning at 4:30 a.m., Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was served a criminal indictment by the U.S. for corporate and financial crimes. Media owners were instructed to brainwash everyone that Trudeau and his wife have the Corona virus, and that they won't be leaving their house for a while

Tom Hanks was arrested 48 hours ago for pedophilia and he is currently being kept in a hotel room in Australia, refusing to fly back to the USA. The next celebrity arrests will be Celine Dion, Madonna, Charley Barkley, and Kevin Spacey. All will claim Corona virus infections

Italy's airports have been completely shut down, as over 80 Vatican and financial officials have been served the same criminal indictments for financial crime, pedophilia, child trafficking, and sex abuse

United Emirates have completed mass arrests of their own Royal Family and affiliates

Convicted Hollywood rapist Harvey Weinstein agreed to a deal in exchange for his testimony against hundreds of top Hollywood celebrities and their involvement in the drug business, pedophilia, and child trafficking. Instead of a 55-year sentence, he only received a 23-year sentence. In exchange he provided testimonies against some of the biggest and most powerful names, including Prince Andrew of the U.K., former president Bill Clinton, former vice president Joe Biden, Tom Hanks, Oprah, Ellen DeGeneres, Quentin Tarantino, Charlie Sheen, Bob Saget, Kevin Spacey, John Travolta, Steven Spielberg, Podesta, NXIVM and PIZZAGATE sex trafficking clubs, and hundreds more who all were directly involved with Jeffrey Epstein

Jeffrey Epstein was similarly allowed to make a deal and have his suicide in prison faked in exchange for his testimony

CEOs of some major world corporations have been indicted/arrested, and some have been forced to resign — all in the last 30-60 days — such as the CEOs of the NBA, Harley Davidson, the Bill Gates Foundation, Intel, McDonald's, Cesar Awards, and Disney; the Vatican Chief of Police; etc. Approximately 700-800 more resignations are coming in the next 3 months

The lab-created Corona virus was a cover-up for the mass mandatory vaccination agenda. Now it has become the biggest covert U.S. Intelligence operation that the world has ever seen. This mass 158,000-arrests operation will remove and capture the biggest evil and corrupted politicians, celebrities, and CEOs, including global elites and bankers such as George Soros, U.N. officials, and the founders of GRETA, inc.

President Trump will win the 2020 elections, and arrests of former U.S. presidents will occur in early 2021. All major arrests will be portrayed by the media as accidental or as conspiracy theories. All arrested individuals will be given "Rommel Death", meaning that they will have a choice between their death bring portrayed to the public as a suicide or an accidental death in return for assurances that his or her reputation will remain intact, or, alternatively, they can choose to face a criminal trial that would result in public disgrace

Some top religious leaders will be arrested or forced to resign, and some will suddenly get "sick." The Vatican will be the first, and the Pope will be removed in 2020. Production of human extracted Adrenochrome will be revealed, and Hollywood and the Vatican will be exposed as being directly responsible for that

Coming up there will be a 2-month complete shutdown of the world's most common operations, such as schools, the stock exchange, some banks, airports, shipping, travel, events, galas, expos, sport games, sport championships, music award ceremonies, NBA/NHL/Baseball games, and ship cruises. There will be food shortages and staged electricity power loss. Gas prices will go down, food costs will go up, insurance will go up, gold and silver stocks will fall, and many corporations will either go bankrupt or take a significant financial loss, such as in the case of what's about to happen to Air Canada, Disney, and Coca-Cola

Welcome to the Geat Awakening. What's about to happen this summer and fall will change the world's history

Omg! I came across this too on a nut I peek on here and there.  I mean.....W. T. F. 

On another note, @laPapessaGiovanna and @Italiangirl ( and other Italian friends I may not be aware of here), how are you?  I'm worried about you.  I am enjoying the videos of singing and instruments played by street sick Italians.  You're a social society.  I'm hoping you are well and you and yours are safe, healthy.  Baci ?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 6

On 3/16/2020 at 7:31 AM, Belugaloo said:

So if anyone is wondering why this is spreading so fast.... I was exposed to coronavirus by a coworker. Health department told me to self isolate.. Work told me that I can still come in since I dont have a fever (only a cough right now). I also cant use our extended unpaid leave since I dont meet the fever criteria. So im being forced to drain my vacation pay right now, because I dont want to risk exposing my immune compromised clients. 

We're in the same boat. My father-in-law almost definitely had the virus a couple weeks ago and now my husband is sick. He works for a major U.S. bank and doesn't want to get any of the many elderly customers sick. So he's been home since last Thursday. Today his boss called to say his sick leave is up. The bank has said they'll pay for sick leave associated with COVID-19 but they require you or someone close to you to test positive and want a test number and contact info for the positive person to verify (wtf!). Despite us living in the epicenter (Seattle) it is nearly impossible to get tested without being admitted to the hospital. My young healthy husband who is feeling winded after physical exertion is not a priority for testing but we're going to lose our income bc he is terrified of being responsible for someone's illness or death. I respect his decision and know how much he truly cares for his clients but I'm furious at his company not to mention our local and federal government for not taking this seriously after the first confirmed case and doing more to prevent the spread. 

My husband's sister is also 8 and a half months pregnant with a scheduled C-section for the first week of April. He's terrified of infecting his family so we're foregoing regular weekly dinners. She was just informed today that she will only be permitted to have one person at the hospital with her. She's devastated because her husband and my MIL were in the operating room for the previous birth of my niece. It was an emergency C-section at 2am and my husband and I woke up and drove my FIL to the hospital. Their aunt met us there and all 4 of us kept vigil in the darkened and empty waiting room. It was such an amazing and beautiful moment when we all got to meet my niece for the first time. It breaks all of our hearts that we won't be there to welcome my nephew into the world. 

• Love 17

Omg! I came across this too on a nut I peek on here and there.  I mean.....W. T. F. 
On another note, [mention=21334]laPapessaGiovanna[/mention] and [mention=23785]Italiangirl[/mention] ( and other Italian friends I may not be aware of here), how are you?  I'm worried about you.  I am enjoying the videos of singing and instruments played by street sick Italians.  You're a social society.  I'm hoping you are well and you and yours are safe, healthy.  Baci [emoji8]
I am fine, thank you. I live in the South where the spreading is still under control, but it is increasing due to people running away from the North.
We are hoping lockdown works as here hospitals would be overwhelmed in no time.
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 6

4 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I think what stunned me is the realisation that I am very likely to know at least one person who dies from this.

Unfortunately this will probably be true of every single person here. So far I just know of my brother in law's brother's co-worker who has passed. Brother in law's brother will be quarantined now. It's only going to get worse. My mom, in the at risk category, is an elementary school teacher. Her school finally cancelled last Friday. I was very worried. My dad is very stubborn (and at risk), I'm going to try and talk some sense into him today. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 6

Things are starting to normalize around here. While I do still have a constant feeling of dread, even while I'm not thinking about the virus, I'm no longer panicking or crying or anything like that.

I've started feeling very lucky. I'm still doing 18-20 dog walks a week (down from 40) so I'm making a little bit of money, unlike everyone I know in the restaurant biz who has been laid off or will be soon. I don't have rent to worry about- my expenses are just insurance, my phone bill, some utilities, car stuff, and taxes. My tuition is paid for the quarter and I got a good Pell Grant.

Plus, I'm not sick. That's always something to be grateful for.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic