• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

HerNameIsBuffy
1 hour ago, clueliss said:

I’m sharing this ones for obvious reasons - have we quarantined the rescue ferrets?  

In other news issues with anti body tests 

Hide contents

And in the Bronx there is a confirmed case of covid19 in a tiger.  Some of the tigers and lions had dry coughs.  Likely picked up from an asymptotic caretaker.  I believe I read a couple of weeks ago that felines could catch the disease.

Reveal hidden contents

They're fine - quarantining with me and my family.None of us are wearing proper pants.  Humans are in sweats and jammie bottoms but the ferrets aren't even bothering with that.

Spoiler

678231fcbc0646c161acc226ef82f07b--ferret-outfits-ferret-clothes.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Love 13

Howl
Posted (edited)

For a break from all of the distressing coronavirus news, there's a forest fire in the Chernobyl area that's raising radiation readings.  I guess they didn't have enough rakes in the area to lower their fire risk. Just kidding.  That's incredibly depressing news but dark humor  is where I'm at today.

Above the fold in the Austin American Statesman this morning:  Coronavirus creeping into rural Texas:  UT researchers find virus likely spreading undetected in areas with few reported cases  (not linking; it's behind a paywall but the title makes clear what's going on to the surprise of exactly no one).  There are major swaths of Texas where hospitals have closed, or there was never a hospital and people are hours away from a doctor/clinic, let alone a hospital. 

The Austin public school system is now closed "indefinitely." 

Edited by Howl

anachronistic

I have it, or at least, the ER doctors think I have it. I don’t qualify for testing because my fever isn’t high enough and they’re still going by the ridiculous measures of have you been in direct contact with someone, been overseas, etc, despite the fact that it’s spreading like wildfire in Boston. But I’ve got a sore throat, pain, cough, slight fever, etc.

I’ve been feeling ‘off’ for about a week but I have so many other diagnoses that it was really hard to figure out that my symptoms were unusual and were in the covid pattern, but then I talked to the on call doctor yesterday who sent me to the ER, and they said I almost certainly have it but don’t qualify for testing. I have actually been doing okay with it and emailed my family, just to let them know and then....all hell broke loose.

The problem is that I’ve been self-isolating with my mother, who is 72. I’ve been doing her errands, etc, for her. And she and I were together all last week when I was feeling ‘off’, and when my brother heard this he exploded at me and said that I should have known better than to expose her to it. I said that I thought it was just a fibromyalgia or IBS flare, and he said that I should have known better. My sister became convinced that I was steps away from death and called my mother to yell at her about how my mother wasn’t protecting me properly. I know that my siblings are assholes but this really illustrates it. It’s so damn ironic that for them, my disabilities render me either incapable of making big decisions and living my own life, or they mean that I should be gotten over them by now and omniscient about everything. I directly asked my doctor if it was okay if my mom was in the house with me, and she said yes so long as we did social distancing. So we did, but then all the relatives called her and she’s gone to her boyfriends until I get a test or 2 weeks have passed. (My doctors say 7 days but my relatives say 2 weeks.)

All I know is I hate everything right now but especially my siblings. I am doing the best I can with the information that I have but that is never good enough. I don’t even know if I have the damn virus because my symptoms aren’t that bad.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 27

Spent
clueliss

Mizzou (University of Missouri) to continue online learning during Summer Semester.

And Columbia Public Schools made an announcement about grades. (pass or incomplete for middle & high school) 5th graders with ipads moving to paper packets (CPS had a lot of technical issues on their first week - last week - of online learning)

Spoiler

therulesofjinx
40 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Mizzou (University of Missouri) to continue online learning during Summer Semester.

The University I work for made the same announcement on Friday. And they officially cancelled Commencement. And they are allowing students to choose a Pass/No Pass option for their courses this semester rather than get graded. 

GreyhoundFan

Continued here: