IGNORED

Flat earther dies in a DIY rocket launch

AmazonGrace

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/22/us/science-channel-mike-hughes-dead/index.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51602655

A US daredevil pilot has been killed during an attempted launch of a homemade rocket in the Californian desert.

"Mad" Mike Hughes, 64, crash-landed his steam-powered rocket shortly after take-off near Barstow on Saturday.

A video on social media shows a rocket being fired into the sky before plummeting to the ground nearby.

Hughes was well-known for his belief that the Earth was flat. He hoped to prove his theory by going to space.

Stupidity kills people but luckily just himself.

Science Channel was filming this which I consider somewhat irresponsible. If you call yourself the Science Channel, please don't go around encouraging anti-science nuts engaging in lethal pranks.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

From what I can gather, the flat Earth stuff was just for attention and funding, he didn't actually believe in. 

6 hours ago, Topaz said:

A good candidate for a Darwin Award

A poster child for the Darwin Award, one might say! 

• Haha 3

How long before his online flag earth friends say his rocket was blown up by a conspiracy to keep him from proving flat earth is real.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

How long before his online flag earth friends say his rocket was blown up by a conspiracy to keep him from proving flat earth is real.

It wouldn't surprise me in the bit if a flat-Earther went and started parroting that brand of bullshit.  Especially if they're a BT.  When you got the likes of Alex Jones and Infowars running around these idiots would believe just about anything.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

@47of74 What’s a “BT”?

A BT is a Branch Trumpvidian.  A racist, homophobic, sexist, cruel, xenophobic, and particuarly dumb form of life that is quite vocal in their support of that dumb fuck in the White House.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4