IGNORED

The National Association of Christian Lawmakers has a sad

47of74

The National Association of Christian Lawmakers has a sad after their Twitter poll went off the rails 

The National Association of Christian Lawmakers was not pleased when they found out the resultsof their recent Twitter poll asking if “America would be better off if more Christians served in elected office.” They probably expected the results to be mostly contained to their 289 followers, but that’s the trouble with Twitter polls—anyone with a Twitter account can vote on them.

As of this article’s publishing, the poll sits at 93.2 percent “No” and there are five days left to vote. It would appear that some non-Christians heard about the poll and decided to offer their input.

The National Association of Christian Lawmakers noticed, writing in a follow-up tweet that the votes and comments on the poll are indicative of “religious persecution and anti-Christian bigotry.” Not a bad deal when you compare it to other kinds of religious persecution, but sure.

“Satanists and Atheists piled on this poll and have begun leaving vile messages as well,” the Christian group wrote. “Vile messages” have included people pointing out that the U.S. was never meant to be a “Christian nation” as some have claimed and that there are already plenty of Christians currently serving in elected office

Here’s the poll in case any of my fellow Satanists and Atheists want to pile on these poor put upon clowns 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 12
  • Thank You 1

@47of74 - Thanks! Just made it 94.3% "NO."

Love that the asshats at the National Association of Christian Lawmakers are getting buried in their own poll.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

Voted although now it's at 94.2%. I'm an Atheist, not a Satanist, but I know that group probably thinks we're one and the same. Nothing against Satanists.

• Upvote 6

The butthurt and the attacks on alleged Satanists are exactly why religion should have no place in legislation

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

“Christian” lawmakers my ass. Yet another group of “Christians” who think you’re only “Christian” if you believe exactly as they do.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 5

Just gonna put this right here - from Wikipedia:

Religious affiliations of members of Congress:

Protestant 54.7%

Catholic 30.1%

Latter Day Saint 2.6%

Orthodox 1.3%

Other Christian .6%

89.3% identify as Christian.  Of the remaining 10% or so, 8.4 % identify as Jewish, which I feel pretty sure the "Christian" lawmakers do not object to.  .9% are "unknown," leaving approximately 1.4% non-Christian. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 6

25 minutes ago, Becky said:

Just gonna put this right here - from Wikipedia:

Religious affiliations of members of Congress:

Protestant 54.7%

Catholic 30.1%

Latter Day Saint 2.6%

Orthodox 1.3%

Other Christian .6%

89.3% identify as Christian.  Of the remaining 10% or so, 8.4 % identify as Jewish, which I feel pretty sure the "Christian" lawmakers do not object to.  .9% are "unknown," leaving approximately 1.4% non-Christian. 

Yep. It can’t get that much more Christian. Yet again, Christians are making up a war on Christianity that just isn’t happening. 

• Upvote 14

@Becky, but are they the *right* kind of Christian? All those Catholics and Episcopalians and Methodists and Lutherans and Congregationalists and so on don’t count!

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, clueliss said:

I voted no and identify as christian.  

Same! I guess liberal Christians don’t count to them. *shocked Pikachu*

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

14 hours ago, 47of74 said:

The National Association of Christian Lawmakers has a sad after their Twitter poll went off the rails 

Here’s the poll in case any of my fellow Satanists and Atheists want to pile on these poor put upon clowns 

Now at 93.8

• Upvote 2

I'm a Christian and voted no also.  Just looking at the hundreds of "Christian leaders" in pastoral roles, across denominations, who have covered up or committed blatant abuse (sexual, emotional, physical, spiritual, you name it) of their own identically confessing people assures me that a profession of (any) faith does not insure moral or competent leadership.

Edited by forgetmenow
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

[mention=26916]Becky[/mention], but are they the *right* kind of Christian? All those Catholics and Episcopalians and Methodists and Lutherans and Congregationalists and so on don’t count!

Well the Reich to life wing of the Catholic Church (which includes the USCCB) and the LCMS would probably be counted by this group.
  • Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Whooping_Butt said:

Same! I guess liberal Christians don’t count to them. *shocked Pikachu*

Same here!  Although I probably don’t count either as an ebil progressive Episcopalian(aka “Catholic-lite).

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, Hane said:

@Becky, but are they the *right* kind of Christian? All those Catholics and Episcopalians and Methodists and Lutherans and Congregationalists and so on don’t count!

Christian vs Christian, bring on the popcorn and cocktails!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

I scrolled  through a lot of the comments, and the vast majority of those who explained why they voted "no" wrote very respectful comments.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Marmion said:

I think that they took the poll down , as I didn't see it when I clicked on the link .

It's still in their timeline with two days left if you haven't voted.

They're still whining about the atheists and satanists sabotaging the poll. What a bunch of fucking asshats.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

On 2/19/2020 at 6:17 PM, smittykins said:

Same here!  Although I probably don’t count either as an ebil progressive Episcopalian(aka “Catholic-lite).

Oh I know I don't count, as an ELCA Lutheran. 

On 2/19/2020 at 11:20 AM, Hane said:

The WELS and LCMS tend to be much more conservative than us ebil ELCA.  I've been told on more than one occasion that I am not a real Lutheran by those who are LCMS and WELS. 

• Upvote 2

Not only do I not count as an Episcopalian, I double don’t count because my pastor is a “practicing” GAY MAN!(who has been with his husband for almost 30 years)

• Upvote 3